Excellent launch, I must say.

VioletZero

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying that it is the best mmo release in history when your perspective could not be anymore narrow is kinda wrong tbh...

Those who get in early obviously don't have to deal with the same headaches the majority suffers from, which are still watching trough the fan proof glass btw.

Edited by Munx

Personally this launch has gone well so far in the time I played. I admit I haven't played much because I'm still at work, but I only hit one issue and fixed it up a relog. Other than that no lag. I'll be spending most of my time playing tonight so we shall see if anything arises.

Notice the fact that I even mentioned the lag.

Yes, the lag was noticeable. But never got to a point where it was unplayable. Sometimes I'd jump in and out of cover twice, sometimes I see numbers for abilities happen before the animation and things like that.

But it never got to be a gameplay hindrance. Which is good enough for me.

Doesn't bode well considering how under populated the servers are currently.

If your metric for a successful launch is lag and server stability then they get 10/10

If your metric for measuring a successful launch is how much enjoyment vs grievance players experience - then this is an appalling launch

Enjoyment wise. 90% of the players haven't been able to play, so 1/10.

Grievance wise. No matter how much you dislike peoples reasons - you can't argue that there have been a HUGE number of very dissatisfied customers on these forums - and its safe to assume many times that not posting on these forums.

So, no, I would say not a great launch day, infact worse than any other recent mmo

What I don't get is, if you look at the forums list... like 80% of the servers say FULL!??!...

But I have seen LOTS of posts about it being somewhat.. barren? >_>!?!?

Come on now... I'm not liking the looks of this so far.. might want to increase the number of people it takes to make a new "instance" in the gam

What I don't get is, if you look at the forums list... like 80% of the servers say FULL!??!...

But I have seen LOTS of posts about it being somewhat.. barren? >_>!?!?

Come on now... I'm not liking the looks of this so far.. might want to increase the number of people it takes to make a new "instance" in the gam

Its been the first day of early access...seriously think before you type.

Edited by Xarry

If your metric for a successful launch is lag and server stability then they get 10/10

If your metric for measuring a successful launch is how much enjoyment vs grievance players experience - then this is an appalling launch

Enjoyment wise. 90% of the players haven't been able to play, so 1/10.

Grievance wise. No matter how much you dislike peoples reasons - you can't argue that there have been a HUGE number of very dissatisfied customers on these forums - and its safe to assume many times that not posting on these forums.

So, no, I would say not a great launch day, infact worse than any other recent mmo

^ This.

This is what I tried to explain some posts before, too.

And the OP probably hates PVP l33t d00dz also who are the ones that cause all the nerfing because they get pwned in pvp them come to the forums crying about it.

Also who are the ones that are anti - recount - because being able to see how well you are doing makes no sense to them

And Anti - dungeon finder - because everyone loves standing in cities typing LFG, then spending 10 minues walking to the dungeon for the 50th time

So pre-ordering a few days before someone else makes you a super fan? Tell me, are you old enough to remember going to see the first Star Wars in the theatres? Do you own all the movies? Have you filled your home with Star Wars merchandise? Have you learned to speak any Star Wars languages? Can you name all the Star Wars books?

Yeah, thought so! You are no more special than any of the rest of us. I don't think you are brown nosing. I just think you have an inflated opinion of your worth as a Star Wars fan!

Hehe...i had to laugh at your comment about seeing the movies in the theatres...i will admit I wasn't old enough to remember, but my parents took me to "Return of the Jedi" and I had tonsilitus (sp) so when I breathed, I sounded like Darth Vader...guess I was getting funny looks thru the whole movie :) OK...my random thought is done.

To the OP...glad you got in...looking forward to my turn :)

Empty warzone joining, prematurly ends (for lack of other players) for easy exp, in a nutshell. It'll be fixed quickly I'm sure.

I hope it is cause when i get home in a few hours from work I plan on queing up for a bit of PvP tonight. And i rather not get in trouble for trying to join a feature in the game, but if what one of the yellow poster said was true PvP queing atm will get me in trouble -_-

So you come to the forums to rub it in our faces.

Thanks.

Am I not allowed to express that I really enjoyed myself because some people might perceive it as rubbing it in their faces?

:\

That's not the intention at all. I think you are reading into it a bit much.

"OH MY the rabble seem to be in a fit again... something about not being able to eat as we dine on the fat of the land.

I tipped the garcon and congratulated the chef for the wonderful meal, and all the while those tramps were scoffing at me through the window.

Disgraceful Reginald, I do say... Abhorrent behavior old chap."

LOL, even the PvP glitch?

LOLOLOLOLOL

TERRIBLE LAUNCH

LOOK UP THE PVP GLITCH!!!!!!

Look up MMO launches and educate yourselves.

This right up there with LotrO launch which was very smooth except for some minor glitches, the rage on the forums was the same though, come to think of it the rage on ANY MMO forums is pretty much the same....

Therefore thanks Bioware for your hard work, keep it up!

Yeah, and think of it this way:

All of us no-lifers who followed every piece of information up until the pre-order day and tried to pre-order as soon as possible will be long past the origin worlds by the time you get there. So you'll be more around people with your amount of experience and exposure. :)

Wow... Brilliant observation!