Theran Shan?

GorkieX

I am... I have no remarks on his hairstyle change, if his personality continues doing a 180 degree switch like it did in Umbara fp on my nontyrant characetrs... yeah I'm going to have some problems, since that is character ruining, not the look but the personality. looks aren't everything for me, or my characters really lol.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can live with the hair - hair grows back, lol. I can just picture hog-tying him down and siccing a pair of clippers on him. :p

The video definitely left me with a feeling of dread in my gut, but they really didn't give us a whole lot to go on, other than angry Theron with awful hair. There's no telling what "secrets" he's "selling," and the whole double-agent thing is still a possibility. And it would make sense that he'd need to remake himself to get into the role.

I just hate hate hate that we have to wait a month to get this...and there's the possibility that we won't have any real interaction with him til next year.

Edited by Dracofish

Or they just hit randomize on the character creation screen and roll with that... ugh.

I know this is a really old comment and really off topic (well not entirely off topic since people are talking about customizing Theron) but I happened to stumble on it while looking for something else and I kind of think it would be interesting if Bioware actually designed companion customizations that are variants of the "canon" look. As in they are physically the same but they may have different hair/makeup/complexion etc. Maybe make variants that are dirt smudged/discheveled, a little battered, formal, casual, etc.

I know this is a really old comment and really off topic (well not entirely off topic since people are talking about customizing Theron) but I happened to stumble on it while looking for something else and I kind of think it would be interesting if Bioware actually designed companion customizations that are variants of the "canon" look. As in they are physically the same but they may have different hair/makeup/complexion etc. Maybe make variants that are dirt smudged/discheveled, a little battered, formal, casual, etc.

They did that with the rakghoul customizations - you can get something that makes your (vanilla story) companion look as though they've been infected with the rakghoul plague (so basically, a zombie). It would be fun if they'd do some, um, less drastic ones than that.

I also wish they'd done that with different outfits for Lana, Senya and Koth because their customizable versions look so horrible and nothing like them.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I just have one comment about the hair--we'd better not be stuck with it. Given that the elements have been introduced in the game, that hideous hair-style can be offered as an alternate look for Theron. For those of us who now find him ugly and want his vanilla hair-style returned when we get him back--it had better be an option.

It is good to know when this Traitor arc will be resolved; hopefully "early 2018" means by the end of February at the latest.

I just have one comment about the hair--we'd better not be stuck with it. Given that the elements have been introduced in the game, that hideous hair-style can be offered as an alternate look for Theron. For those of us who now find him ugly and want his vanilla hair-style returned when we get him back--it had better be an option.

It is good to know when this Traitor arc will be resolved; hopefully "early 2018" means by the end of February at the latest.

Though it may resolve with Theron going First Enchanter Orsino on us and we are forced to kill him.

Though it may resolve with Theron going First Enchanter Orsino on us and we are forced to kill him.

We need to make sure we get to him first because we know for a fact Lana does not forgive traitors, anyone remember Kovach and what she could do to him if we let her deal with him.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

We need to make sure we get to him first because we know for a fact Lana does not forgive traitors, anyone remember Kovach and what she could do to him if we let her deal with him.

I never let her deal with him (I never do anything she says) what did she do to him? O_O

I hope she doesn't attempt to kill Theron because I know the devs wont give us the option of killing her in response.

Fun fact:the only difference in his hair between original and in 5.5 is that the sides are shaved. The top is still the same fauxhawk it always was.

Or it may end with him sacrificing himself for us and Lana -- wouldn't put that past the devs ....

( just an awful thought -- if we go back to the original faction, which a lot seem to like --- we lose either Theron or Lana -- can't see them going to the other faction with us .... which gives me the awful conclusion that we lose BOTH before this whole Alliance thing is over -- that is the only fair way I see some of us losing our LIs of Theron and Lana --- and it being fair for everyone; didn't say I liked the idea though )

Still, the question exists...why would they have made players, particularly F! Warriors, choose Theron over their old LI's (such as Quinn) only to take him away (and with Quinn, in the next cutscene)...through no choice of our own? Some players may have lost Koth, but that was through choices made in-game. Theron goes no matter what we do. And then there's the level of unfairness to players who have had to make that choice, compared to other players who haven't seen their old LI's back yet (such as Nik, which is another pain point for me entirely *grumbles*).

That is why I still believe that Theron will be able to come back, though I'm sure they'll provide an option for people who want to do *other* things to him. If they intended for Theron to just go-go-go, then they would never have made him a LI.

Edited by Dracofish

Fun fact:the only difference in his hair between original and in 5.5 is that the sides are shaved. The top is still the same fauxhawk it always was.

I know. The shaved sides just rub me the wrong way. His new clothes I'm okay with. Gray is a good color for him.

I never let her deal with him (I never do anything she says) what did she do to him? O_O

I hope she doesn't attempt to kill Theron because I know the devs wont give us the option of killing her in response.

Lana orders the PC to kill Kovach. I do so with gusto. That is what traitors deserve--or Kovach may have actually been a spy. I am uncertain on this point since we don't know anything about his background. However, as he was reporting directly to Suresh, they likely had an association for quite some time leading me to suspect he was planted in Imperial/Sith Intelligence as her mole.

And the only difference between a mullet and a normal long women's hairstyle is the hair has been cut short on top and in the front. The point is that the change they made is a hideous one. I could get a tattoo of a big, hairy ***** on my face and my face would be the same except for the ***** tattoo. Doesn't make it a good idea or not horrendous looking. :/

Lana orders the PC to kill Kovach. I do so with gusto. That is what traitors deserve--or Kovach may have actually been a spy. I am uncertain on this point since we don't know anything about his background. However, as he was reporting directly to Suresh, they likely had an association for quite some time leading me to suspect he was planted in Imperial/Sith Intelligence as her mole.

Oh. Yeah I knew she orders him to be killed, I just assumed there was some option that led to her dealing with him personally and torturing him to death or something that I was missing.

Oh. Yeah I knew she orders him to be killed, I just assumed there was some option that led to her dealing with him personally and torturing him to death or something that I was missing.

No. Either the player executes him on the spot or tells him to run. There's too much other stuff happening on Ziost at that moment, and Lana's never advocated torturing anyone to death.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

No. Either the player executes him on the spot or tells him to run. There's too much other stuff happening on Ziost at that moment, and Lana's never advocated torturing anyone to death.

If you tell Lana to deal with her own problems/mess and don't tell him to run she does kill him.

Here's a clip (not mine):

I imagine she'd do the same to Theron without hesitation after recent events.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

If you tell Lana to deal with her own problems/mess and don't tell him to run she does kill him.

Here's a clip (not mine):

I imagine she'd do the same to Theron without hesitation after recent events.

Ah, I've never chosen that option. It's still not torturing him, though.

I do agree that Lana's not big on forgiveness and that she wouldn't forgive Theron for this. Especially if she's romanced, she mentions 'nobody betrays the person I love and lives." My characters tend to agree with her there. :) I'm convinced that on the train, Theron deliberately shoots Lana because she wouldn't have let him live to finish his little speech.

Having said that, if it turns out that Theron is a double agent or has been controlled in some way and isn't doing this of his own volition, I think she'd be more merciful.

I do agree that Lana's not big on forgiveness and that she wouldn't forgive Theron for this. Especially if she's romanced, she mentions 'nobody betrays the person I love and lives." My characters tend to agree with her there. :) I'm convinced that on the train, Theron deliberately shoots Lana because she wouldn't have let him live to finish his little speech.

Having said that, if it turns out that Theron is a double agent or has been controlled in some way and isn't doing this of his own volition, I think she'd be more merciful.

I totally agree that if he hadn't incapped Lana than Theron would not have had the opportunity to get off that train.

I'm not a big fan of Lana but to me I find her romance really cute, she's very overprotective of you so I can imagine if she catches Theron first before you he's in for a seriously bad time.

I still think Lana is a part of this too. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the two of them cooked up the idea.

Same. Especially because this isn't the first time they've used this tactic (using someone as bait/diversion without their knowledge). Lana used Theron as bait/a hostage without his knowledge at one point; I can see them agreeing to pulling the wool over the eyes of the Commander in order to protect them. There's precedent.

Plus I still find it exceedingly odd that Theron wasn't shooting to kill when he shot at the Commander/Lana. And that he ended up shooting out the window, opening up an escape route, instead of taking a second proper shot at them. Every time I look at it again, it seems exceedingly obvious.

That said, I'm still suuuuuuuuuuper skeptical (my face) when I think about Theron post-storyline, assuming that he is, in fact, a double/triple agent. BioWare has a horrific track record on SWTOR with letting potentially-killed LIs actually have a substantial (or really even relevant) role past their "could be killed" moment. That kind of treatment of Theron would, to be completely and utterly transparent, be the end of my SWTOR time. I'm not even that attached to Theron as a player, but as a RPer and story fan, I'd be too disappointed to continue after having a third character I enjoy needlessly fade into the dark.

Edited by JediToadstool

I still think Lana is a part of this too. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the two of them cooked up the idea.

I've thought about that as well, especially since why would she dramatically jump in front of you rather than force choke Theron or something? Though that also opens up the question of why they would trust and confide in each other but not us. It's not like when Valkorion was in our head and heard everything we heard, THAT would have made sense because keeping plans from us would mean keeping plans from Valkorion but this? None of it makes sense.