The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

CARTEL MARKET - No MSM JT-2 Jetpack

Tealkman

I got 3 ont he 3 hypercrates I purchased.

3 different toons. I logged off and exited the game for each character and purchase.

purchase, open them and get the goods, log off and exit the game.

log on purchase and open packs. more good stuff

rinse and repeat.

got a lot of the good stuff and all the armors are full sets, all vehicles at least 2 of each if not more, plenty of the trash and such but only 1 SOA but that's fine, ill sell it if the price is right. but 3 jetpacks, one on each toon.

ill sell 2 of them and unlock the one on all toons.

if you open them on 1 toon, it seems your chances are less fortunate at getting the rare items. maybe logging off and restarting the game on a different toon resets the odds. but its worked every time for me.

Edited by Liquor

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you open them on 1 toon, it seems your chances are less fortunate at getting the rare items. maybe logging off and restarting the game on a different toon resets the odds. but its worked every time for me.

^this

additional aids to increase luck:

Sacrifice a chicken

knocking on wood

reciting alphabet backwards in Armenian

clicking your heals 3 times saying "theres nothing like a MSM JT-2"

standing on head while resetting your PC during a blue moon

Edited by DOHboy

I opened 120 Master's Shadow Pack's and NOT A SINGLE "MSM JT-2 Jetpack".

Is that mount even in the pack or not?

The thing that sucks is, you know it was in that 121st pack...you shouldn't have quit!!!

My advice, buy MORE! Your money is being very well spent.

LOL wait you're complaining because you didn't get the item you wanted from a pack? The items received when opening packs are random and you are not guaranteed to get what you want no matter how many you open everyone but you knows this apparently.

What I really find pathetic is that you spent enough RL cash to buy 120 packs.

Edited by Anaesha

The thing that sucks is, you know it was in that 121st pack...you shouldn't have quit!!!

My advice, buy MORE! Your money is being very well spent.

Excellent, I know who to talk with next time I want to buy an outrageous new toy that I don't need. :rak_03:

Excellent, I know who to talk with next time I want to buy an outrageous new toy that I don't need. :rak_03:

Oh Joe....Joe, Joe, Joe...simple humans need only water and food. You don't need that outrageous new toy any more than your family needs clothing or a roof over their head, but they "want want want" that sorta stuff...and you want the toy. Since they have their non-essential needs met, what harm is there in skipping a house payment or two for your non-essential needs? You put them above YOU 10 months outta the year by paying that mortgage...skip a couple payments here and there and treat yourself right ;)

Oh Joe....Joe, Joe, Joe...simple humans need only water and food. You don't need that outrageous new toy any more than your family needs clothing or a roof over their head, but they "want want want" that sorta stuff...and you want the toy. Since they have their non-essential needs met, what harm is there in skipping a house payment or two for your non-essential needs? You put them above YOU 10 months outta the year by paying that mortgage...skip a couple payments here and there and treat yourself right ;)

Damn you're good. Time to call up that custom gunsmith again.

This reminds me of the "Black Wolf" pet in a defunct MMO. People opened tons of packs and never got one, my friend opened three packs and got it instantly. I recommend just saving your ingame credits and buying one off GTN.

The jetpack seems like one of those super-rare drops that are chase rares in those trading card games that eventually make their way around your playgroup.

Actually, switching characters probably didn't help you at all, it was more the times you were opening them or some other factor. Random number generators work by using random seeds, often programmers will use the system clock for a random seed and that will affect the results of the RNG. I'm not sure what BW uses to seed their RNG or how often it's changed but that's probably closer to reality why some people "win more."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_seed

I'll agree that complaining about not getting the item you wanted after opening X number of packs is silly, but I wish people would stop shaming others for how they spend their money.

Its none of our business how anyone spends the disposable income they have. If someone wants to spend it on CC, that is their prerogative and shouldn't be of any concern to us. If anything we should appreciate their willingness to support the game financially the way they do.

Why? Because you're not rich enough and jealous to do the same?

Even if you have the extra cash to do it dropping that much on the hopes of getting ONE item out of a random drop pack is just retardation of the highest order.

I make enough in a month I could drop $400 into SWTOR and still not feel it when it came time to pay bills and buy other necessities but I've also learned prudence when it comes to spending money having worked pay check to pay check. I look at people spending that kind of cash in this manner and the first thing that comes to mind is that they have very poor money management skills which is going to turn around and bite them in the *** eventually..

If you are spending over $370 US to buy hypercrates you may want to consider that you have a problem....

Only if they are coming up short for rent/bills/food or putting it on credit.

Depending on what sort of money you are making, this may be a reasonable 'entertainment' expense.

Its all perspective.

Even if you have the extra cash to do it dropping that much on the hopes of getting ONE item out of a random drop pack is just retardation of the highest order.

I make enough in a month I could drop $400 into SWTOR and still not feel it when it came time to pay bills and buy other necessities but I've also learned prudence when it comes to spending money having worked pay check to pay check. I look at people spending that kind of cash in this manner and the first thing that comes to mind is that they have very poor money management skills which is going to turn around and bite them in the *** eventually..

That sounds an awfully lot like you find it hard to comprehend anyone else in the game being better off than you financially.

I'd suggest learning to ignore it. It reflects more on you than the other person.

Edited by Orizuru

That sounds an awfully lot like you find it hard to comprehend anyone else in the game being better off than you financially.

I'd suggest learning to ignore it. It reflects more on you than the other person.

If someone is better off then I am more power to them and congrats on having such good fortune. However, People need to remember that good fortune comes and goes. You might have a good paying job today but tomorrow you could find yourself unemployed and suddenly wasting $400 on a game to get one item isn't going to seem like it was such a good idea anymore now will it?

It's like I said I've learned prudence when it comes to money because I have been in those situations when you have to make the choice. Spend the cash on something frivolous or save it in case something happens and that money now becomes a lifeline.

Edited by Anaesha

Nobody forced him, that's true, but honestly, I do think they should make the odds for it a bit better, that if you open that kind of amount that you at least get one.

That's just a bit ridiculous not to get even one.

No I don't think they need to make things easier to get...also people need to realize they have the same chance to get the jetpack in each pack they opens the number of packs they open doesn't increase the chances to get it.

If someone is better off then I am more power to them and congrats on having such good fortune. However, People need to remember that good fortune comes and goes. You might have a good paying job today but tomorrow you could find yourself unemployed and suddenly wasting $400 on a game to get one item isn't going to seem like it was such a good idea anymore now will it?

It's like I said I've learned prudence when it comes to money because I have been in those situations when you have to make the choice. Spend the cash on something frivolous or save it in case something happens and that money now becomes a lifeline.

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Thanks for proving to me you're anything but an adult.

An wise adult knows enough to respect how others choose to spend their money and live their life and refrains from sanctimonious soap-boxing whether they agree with it or not.

Edited by StrangeDais

I have a theory.

Most people I've talked to have acquired their Jetpack via singular packs. I and a few others have opened ginormous amounts of HYPERCRATES without the Jetpack drop.

I surmise that the Jetpack somehow got left out of the HYPERCRATES on accident.