Drop it like its Hoth - EU

The Chandrian - US

Zorz (2) - US

Zorz (3) - US

Hates You (2) - US

Dxun Rising - EU

Disciples of Babylon - EU

NOX - EU

These are the guilds that have 10/10(first 5) or 9/10(rest) HM clears.

Take all of them, write their name on a piece of paper, throw these papers into a box, give it a good shake and draw two of them random and be done with this nonsene, so you can go back to things that would actually be important for the game and it's community.

Like communicating with all of your community, and not just the english speaking part of it, for starters.

Edited by Torvai

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really cool you guys are doing this for the PvE crowd. I think it could be a lot of fun for those that like doing Ops.

But what about the PvP crowd? A tournament like this would have been massively appreciated from them, and, really, has been something they've asked for off and on for a long time now.

we're having speed run competitions for operations that are still bugged after 3 months.

great idea!

It's kinda like leveling these days...it's all about getting it done as quickly as possible despite the bugs you encounter.

It's really cool you guys are doing this for the PvE crowd. I think it could be a lot of fun for those that like doing Ops.

But what about the PvP crowd? A tournament like this would have been massively appreciated from them, and, really, has been something they've asked for off and on for a long time now.

Don't you get it? This was ESL's idea...not Bioware's. ESL is the driving force behind this...Bioware doesn't do this for PvP because everyone else seems to care more about their game than they do.

Isn't the PVP equivalent just... Season 4? The Top 3 Class Awards at least seem like they're a super-competitive goal.

Edited by DarthDymond

I'm not interested in this for myself but I know that many do like organized PVE and they've had nothing like this; I'm happy for them. Events like this can only be good for the game assuming game-changing bugs aren't highlighted.

General PVP complaints are justified but belong elsewhere.

I'm disappointed about the apparent lack of exploit punishments/redactions (which is related to this) and that does have me reconsidering a few things. I don't care about the slot machine mess and I basically liked the latest xpac (bugs didn't kill it for me) but it seems like there's something for everyone that pays a little attention to be po'd about nowadays...

Hey Eric, do yourself a favor:

Zorz - US

Ambassadors - EU

Death and Taxes - US

Hates You - US

Not Good Enough & Friends - EU

Exit Area - US

EDE - "APAC/US"

Paramount - US

Seven Stuck - EU

Vicious - US

Phantoms - EU

Rash - EU

Drop it like its Hoth - EU

The Chandrian - US

Zorz (2) - US

Zorz (3) - US

Hates You (2) - US

Dxun Rising - EU

Disciples of Babylon - EU

NOX - EU

These are the guilds that have 10/10(first 5) or 9/10(rest) HM clears.

Take all of them, write their name on a piece of paper, throw these papers into a box, give it a good shake and draw two of them random and be done with this nonsene, so you can go back to things that would actually be important for the game and it's community.

Like communicating with all of your community, and not just the english speaking part of it, for starters.

It doesnt matter that much who will win, but in my opinion it will be rly nice to see how fast ppl can actually do this I think its possible to complete ravagers and tos under 30 min each, lets just see. Also we will see the difference lets say betwee number 1 and number 5.

Do you get mad when it is someone else's birthday, they get presents and you don't? Today is not your birthday.

Not really, but I guess I understand why people make assumptions like you do.

Although I do not believe I am in a guild that will win this competition I do think we are probably going to participate and at least set a decent time and as such I count myself as the 5% that will be involved at least. However, I am not beyond recognising that the other 95% are also there and I suppose I think the game needs more things for the general public at this stage rather than niche events. Still, the one doesn't preclude the other.

Also the short notice is odd to me. Not giving people time to really prepare and improve themselves, but just, hey, next week. I think this would've been a really cool idea after Ziost, the costume designer and the Togruta race have come out and people had some time to practice at getting faster for at least a few weeks.

And I always get a bit concerned about rewards, especially when it comes to BW. Will it be rewards like money or gear for your PC or what not...or are we talking about exclusive items in game.

To use your anology of a birthday. If someone can get item X on his birthday that's great, but I also would like to have item X when it's my birthday or at least something close. Don't get me wrong, I also am ok with the pvp gear rewards for example even though I don't really pvp much but leave it to BW to mess something like this up. A bit cynical perhaps, but I do tend to get worried when BW talks about rewards in vague terms and suddenly throws a competition out there, completely out of the blue.

I mean, next week? Why not next month and make it more of a competition?

Also the short notice is odd to me. Not giving people time to really prepare and improve themselves, but just, hey, next week. I think this would've been a really cool idea after Ziost, the costume designer and the Togruta race have come out and people had some time to practice at getting faster for at least a few weeks.

I mean, next week? Why not next month and make it more of a competition?

From my personal experience and connections to other PvE progression guilds on my server, I would say that most teams are already progressing through or cleared both Ops by now. Going back and speed running the SM of them should not take weeks.

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

Just to address some of the questions I am seeing...

Cortanni Encounter - We are working on some fixes around that encounter and intend to deploy them on Tuesday to ensure the encounter is in a better place before we head into the competition.

Rules Specifications - I have seen quite a few questions around things like skipping trash, boss mechanics, etc. We will be publishing all of that information in the full rules announcement with ESL by next week's start of the competition. We want to make sure the competition is fair, but also understand the nature of speedrunning.

-eric

That's great to hear! Though if possible, it would be great to get some information in the next few days so that we have time to practice it, especially regarding what kind of timerun it is (the whole operation including trash, or just individual boss fights, and if the time stops during wipes, bugs or disconnects), what kind of groups can compete (do they have to be from the same guild, and can the same players help out in multiple groups) and which compositions are allowed (standard trinity group, or any 8 players including a full stealth team, and whether we can swap out players in the middle of the raid).

If you wait with publishing this information until the start of the competition on Tuesday next week, there won't be too much time to prepare and set up a group.

Edited by Jerba

I really want to restate my point again, maybe in a slightly more happy way...

I do think this concept is a great idea, regardless of who's idea it was (BW or ESL). I also think there should definitely be PvP tournaments in the future and honestly, if it's not too late, I would recommend switching this tournament to that. Again, this gear tier is ruined due to the exploit and while I haven't done the SM ops in several weeks, it sounds like they're bugged too. I love the idea, I just don't think this is the time. I also don't think you should delay a tournament either, though. If it keeps getting delayed, you'll never get around to it. The best idea is probably to make the first tournament a PvP one, then revisit this idea with a more stable gear tier and more stable operations.

If I had to guess, I'd say there's a decent chance we'll be getting a new operation in 3.2 with Ziost, though I could easily be wrong. But if this is the case, that would probably be the best opportunity to have the PvE tournament. For now, I'd highly recommend PvP instead as it is more stable and, honestly, in greater demand.

Rules Specifications - I have seen quite a few questions around things like skipping trash, boss mechanics, etc. We will be publishing all of that information in the full rules announcement with ESL by next week's start of the competition. We want to make sure the competition is fair, but also understand the nature of speedrunning.

First off, major props for getting this together.

Second, having the rules announced before the event begins would be great as the community can coordinate what group compositions they will bring. As an SRL & SDA fan I am really happy to see a speedrunning element to SWTOR and I wish everyone good luck who will be participating!

Cortanni Encounter - We are working on some fixes around that encounter and intend to deploy them on Tuesday to ensure the encounter is in a better place before we head into the competition.

I find it slightly troubling that these can be fixed in time for a tournament, but not at all in your teams previous attempts...

I find it slightly troubling that these can be fixed in time for a tournament, but not at all in your teams previous attempts...

"Is in a better place" does not say "fixed" I think is the important distinction to be made. Without speaking for the devs, I'm pretty sure that limiting the amount of ways you can trigger a bug on Coratanni is the main goal.

Regardless, I'm excited for this tournament and I think it's great that Bioware is into more community events.

Edited by justinplainview

Why PvPers complain about tournament? There just was a tournament on TRE orginized by Snave, it wasnt official but still it was a tournament. Not to mention there is Season 4 currently running, what else do you want? Just be patient.

Are you serious? Are you under the impression that all of the pvpers in the game are on TRE? Are you under the impression that all pvpers on TRE participated in the competition? And as for season 4, it sure looks like these rewards are better than any previous "unique" ranked rewards. Pvpers have been patient. We've gotten little to nothing.

Are you serious? Are you under the impression that all of the pvpers in the game are on TRE? Are you under the impression that all pvpers on TRE participated in the competition? And as for season 4, it sure looks like these rewards are better than any previous "unique" ranked rewards. Pvpers have been patient. We've gotten little to nothing.

little to nothing, indeed :rolleyes:

Title: Character Name, S-1 All-Star

Title: Character Name, S-1 Champion

Title: Character Name, S-1 Professional

Title: Character Name, S-1 Rookie

Juvenile Rancor mini-pet

8 - Season 1 Ranked Armor Sets

6 - Season 1 Ranked Weapons

Giradda The Hutt’s Rancor Mount

Trophy: Season 2 Bronze

Title: Character Name S-2 Professional

Trophy: Season 2 Silver

Title: Character Name S-2 Champion

Trophy: Giradda’s Pleasure Barge (Replica)

Trophy: Season 2 Gold

Title: Character Name S-2 All Star

Baron Deathmark’s Huttball Helmet

Title: All Galactic *Class Name* Character Name

Title: Character Name, Just A Little Furious

Trophy: Season 3 Bronze

Red-Yellow Eviscerating Crystal

Red-Yellow Hawkeye Crystal

Red-Yellow Indestructible Crystal

Red-Yellow War Hero Crystal

Title: Character Name, Fairly Furious

Trophy: Season 3 Silver

6 - Furious Weapons

Title: Character Name, Fantastically Furious

Trophy: Season 3 Gold

8 - Furious Armor Sets

Baron Deathmark’s Furious Walker

Title: Character Name, Famously Furious

I really want to restate my point again, maybe in a slightly more happy way...

I do think this concept is a great idea, regardless of who's idea it was (BW or ESL). I also think there should definitely be PvP tournaments in the future and honestly, if it's not too late, I would recommend switching this tournament to that. Again, this gear tier is ruined due to the exploit and while I haven't done the SM ops in several weeks, it sounds like they're bugged too. I love the idea, I just don't think this is the time. I also don't think you should delay a tournament either, though. If it keeps getting delayed, you'll never get around to it. The best idea is probably to make the first tournament a PvP one, then revisit this idea with a more stable gear tier and more stable operations.

If I had to guess, I'd say there's a decent chance we'll be getting a new operation in 3.2 with Ziost, though I could easily be wrong. But if this is the case, that would probably be the best opportunity to have the PvE tournament. For now, I'd highly recommend PvP instead as it is more stable and, honestly, in greater demand.

I agree though Ziost won`t have an operation.

But yea its not the right time due to the recent exploit but still a neat idea in my view.

Hey folks!

-eric

How about answering the question on whether or not the 16 man story mode version of Torque is intended to have 4 million health more than the 8 man story mode version in Ravagers?

How about answering the question on whether or not the 16 man story mode version of Torque is intended to have 4 million health more than the 8 man story mode version in Ravagers?

looks like this is an 8man competition so 16man bugs arent of concern. but im willing to bet you will have your answer... soon :eek:

looks like this is an 8man competition so 16man bugs arent of concern. but im willing to bet you will have your answer... soon :eek:

Well, I'm with TUX on this. It shows a rather callous approach to game bugs when the only ones that seem to get any attention whatsoever are ones that involve either the Cartel Market or, in this case, a "special event" that basically will exist so that progression guilds can get some ego stroking.

Their are far, far more players who won't compete in this event than will and yet all of a sudden it is important to fix a long standing issue that the players have been bringing up for 3 months just because of this event.

If EA/BW is trying to piss off the maximum number of customers with the least amount of effort, they seem to be succeeding.

You will probably need to specify a list of trash mobs that must be killed in order for the run to count (ie. any mob that can only be skipped by use of multiple stealthers). Otherwise a group with less than 8 stealth classes has no reason to even bother trying to win this.

On another note, the season 3 PvP reward (legacy gear) is the best reward that has ever been granted for anything in the history of the game, by far. So PvPers can shut up and stop whining.