Preliminary Game Update 3.1 Patch Notes

TaitWatson

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Legacy Unlock – Improved Mounting! You can now summon any vehicle or creature mount while moving!

ok looking at this ,it it not something you would do going into battle, not something that you would do if you were just exploring, unless I am wrong,only useful if your are RUNNING AWAY .

so on a scale of 1-10 for usefulness, I give it maybe a 2,and depending on the cost it may go lower. It seems to me that it is just something that they did so they can say in all honesty "And We just added a legacy perk in our last patch!"

Flashpoints + Operations

Temple of Sacrifice

Players no longer receive “Out of Range” errors when attacking The Underlurker, and the Devastation mechanic now functions more reliably.

The Ravagers

The Repair Droids present during the Torque encounter now have more health in Story Mode.

The damage of Torque’s Floor Vents have been reduced for 16-Player Story Mode.

The Shoots Lasers droids now more accurately target and destroy the Repair Droids deployed during the Torque encounter.

The big issue with both these bosses in 16 man is the sheer amount of HP vs the 8 man bosses, I mean you can nerf all the mechanics you want but the average group in yavin aren't going to pass the dps check. All it's doing is pushing players into 8 man for the easy ride.

Is it true that Vanguards and Powertechs are going to lose Full Auto/Unload? If so, that is a horrible decision. It's been an iconic power of the class since the beginning, and aesthetically, is the only attack outside rapid shots that Vanguard gets which uses their rifle in a meaningful sense.

Whoever's idea it was to remove this power should be fired. Simply because it represents such an egregious failure n judgment.

I disagree with a development choice! Fire them! Fire fire fire!

Because a flippant decision to take a baseline power away, three years into the game - and the only ability outside the basic attack which even uses the Vanguard's rifle - isn't incredibly shortsighted.

Whatever ideal balance scenario someone might have cooked up inside their fevered brain, it's much too late to make such a change without getting a lot of blowback. It's like when marauders lost force push...which they were perfectly fine with. And now marauders throw people around all day in their cutscenes, but can't actually use it in combat.

Hey everyone,

• Ship Droids can now equip 1-Handed Blaster Pistols in their Main Hand.

I think the most important question:

Does this mean at some point you will revert the beta change to Quinn?

IOW, Can I please, please, pretty please choke the life out of him until he's stone dead? Please?

Edited by Bonezmccoy

So Tait, have a bit of a big question for you here:

While I recognize that these patch notes are subject to change, I still feel compelled to ask the following convoluted question.

It is certainly nice to see that there are some fixes in operations for some clearly broken mechanics, but I feel that there is some clarification needed on the fix for the Devastation mechanic on Underlurker. So far since 3.0's launch there have been 2 alleged fixes to the Underlurker, and to be honest, neither of them seems to be true to the notes. At this point the cross from Devastation is still not rendering correctly for all players in the raid (as evidenced by the multiple screenshots both of my raid guilds have taken during this fight) and at this point the only truly reliable way of defeating him is to either "cheese" the fight by having the second tank actually be a dps, or a majority of the players having gear that's primarily 198 rating, which is higher than the gear he actually drops in Story Mode. Now while I'm all for some new content that is a bit more difficult than the older content, that's definitely taking it too far. So to the point of my question: can we get some clarification of this fix for the Devastation mechanic? Is the cross going to render the same for all players, and will it correctly pass/fail as a result?

So Tait, have a bit of a big question for you here:

While I recognize that these patch notes are subject to change, I still feel compelled to ask the following convoluted question.

It is certainly nice to see that there are some fixes in operations for some clearly broken mechanics, but I feel that there is some clarification needed on the fix for the Devastation mechanic on Underlurker. So far since 3.0's launch there have been 2 alleged fixes to the Underlurker, and to be honest, neither of them seems to be true to the notes. At this point the cross from Devastation is still not rendering correctly for all players in the raid (as evidenced by the multiple screenshots both of my raid guilds have taken during this fight) and at this point the only truly reliable way of defeating him is to either "cheese" the fight by having the second tank actually be a dps, or a majority of the players having gear that's primarily 198 rating, which is higher than the gear he actually drops in Story Mode. Now while I'm all for some new content that is a bit more difficult than the older content, that's definitely taking it too far. So to the point of my question: can we get some clarification of this fix for the Devastation mechanic? Is the cross going to render the same for all players, and will it correctly pass/fail as a result?

I've found the cross to be a touchy mechanic. it seems that the target area for folks is actually smaller then what the cross represents so be crowded in closer towards the boss has made it fairly consistent for my raid group to pass. The DPS requirements for this fight are a definate spike compared to anything else in this raid

Seriously?

it is 2 months we are playing the same 6 FPs... not much of an improvement to have 2 new HMs of old FPs.

As the expansion was released the amount of endgame content dropped drastically. Not cool guys.

You may not have been around for 2.0.

3.0 & 3.1 is a huge improvement on available new HM FPs and ops compared to waiting for Czerka then Oricon. We already know Ziost is the next planet for content. They're getting better at communication too, xmas period aside.

Things are improving.

Bravo for attempting to improve communications! I hope it all works out and you feel comfortable continuing :D

Oh and since everyone is mentioning their pet bugs, here is mine... There are currently 35 cartel market armor sets that Vector can't wear since any skin revealing areas have either bras or leotards underneath.

Bravo for attempting to improve communications! I hope it all works out and you feel comfortable continuing :D

Oh and since everyone is mentioning their pet bugs, here is mine... There are currently 35 cartel market armor sets that Vector can't wear since any skin revealing areas have either bras or leotards underneath.

This really isn't improving communication so much as they weren't communicating about the Slot thing because there was no reason to.

Even though these are preliminary....

Really? You keep buffing every class and adjusting every class except Mara and Sentinel? This is just sad, even though you guys asked specifically in the mara and sent forum page WHAT NEEDED FIXING and so many people applied and now its just being thrown out the window? Really shows how great the devs are if they can't see that thousands of people have been complaining about sentinels and maras since 3.0 launched. I was ready for 3.1 to fix my sentinel so i could effectively play him again, but I guess i was wrong. Even though it's preliminary, you added all the other classes, so I take that as sentinel and mara are still not receiving any sort of buff or something. It's really irritating that I can't even play 60 pvp with my sentinel because every class just literally walks away from me while Im fighting them! And no, im not going to use transcendence when i have zen available. And 60 PVP on many servers consists of Sages, Vanguards, and Shadows. It sucks trying to stick it out, because I average about maybe 20 deaths per warzone without a healer. It's funny though, because i get almost 200k healing from using Zen.

Thanks for allowing me to rant. Hopefully you can see the errors of your ways before you release patch 3.1. I'm 100% sure people would love if maras and sentinels were fixed and allowed to play.

Best Regards,

TMOE

So the Juggs are getting a damage increase... What *********** sense does that make? Classes that wear Heavy armor and have the best Defensive CDs already can beat any class. So whats the point of playing any other class? Bioware already has neglected PVP, now with this; its a huge middle finger to anyone that considers themselves a PVPer. Ranked wzs will now be nothing else but Juggs, and Sorcs.. Whats the point of the game anymore? Finally, Gunslingers have had a glitch that if they roll away from a jugg using his sundering smash they automatically get pulled back, effectively wasting our best Defensive CDs, which is suppose to be immune to all attacks. On top of that certain environments don't allow me to roll over the terrain to the full 18meters as the descriptions says. How bout you fix that before making an already Over Powered Class stronger. Bioware I have been playing this game since release, I am now strongly considering canceling my sub. You are destroying this game. Please bring back Star Wars galaxies Please

Are you guys for real? I cant even begin to describe how dissappointed i am with this :(

3.1.1 is on the way and it's promised to bring balance to the game..... <---- Our devs have said this.

PT's & VG's will be getting nerfed

Not too worry there will be NO added survivability just a damage nerf - so no one will rock this in pvp come 3.1.1)

Sents & Mara's will be getting the " I live a little longer buff"

However this class will still suck in PvE and PvP as many will see outside of team ranked this class will suck.

Sorcs & Sages are due for a damage increase - why? Because Bioware feels that even though some sages or sorcs can reach 5.0 dps per second (higher than any other class in game) using Balance the other people who have not hit such higher numbers on this character will soon be able too !!

Sin's & Shadows might receive a nerf (only due to their ability to out dps sorcs and sages come 3.1.1)

Rumor has it that the AOE strike ability might be removed along with the single taunt feature. (I'm trolling there)

Mando's & Merc's I really don't know what to say here.... Everyone in the game knows this class needs a way of escape but since Eric Musco hates this class as much as Mara's,Sents, slingers and snipers don't expect any love or buff anytime soon.

But in other news the Fire pits in Hutball will be working now so this is a plus... !

Edited by Lyons_Crest