Preliminary Game Update 3.1 Patch Notes

TaitWatson

Scoundrel

Ruffian

• Fixed a bug that caused Sanguinary Shot to deal damage twice.

I always thought it was an intended feature since Sangionary Shot deals damage during Brutal Shots AND most of your internal attacks. I just assumed that the double tick was intended. Or did miss a bug somewhere?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those still wondering about the slot machines I just want to point out the excessive explanation about how things can possibly change. I didn't do a solid count but I think at least 4 times it was mentioned that change is a possibility. So, don't whine and complain about change when change happens. I think that was a subtle answer for your slot machine woes.

I know that BioWare took out the Trooper War Hero and Elite War Hero gear for new PvP gear, but I still use the gear on my Trooper and his companions. The bug I'm reporting is that the flaps on the side of the hips tend to stretch out during cut scenes like they were elastic. It's like my Trooper has tail wings on his hips like a jet plane. Comical, but only after the first 10 times. Now, its annoying. This has been a glitch/bug since before the expansion.

So why isn't also being fixed along with the backside cloth stretching issue on Trooper Massassi, Yavin MK-1, Resurrected, and Rishi Maze MK-2 chest armor?

Typically when you use the quote feature it means you read the quoted block of text. This is not the case, read number 1, 2, and 3. They all answer your question.

Codex and Achievements issues are definitely something we want to take care of. As we are able to we will work those fixes into future patches but, as there are higher priority issues to address, they are not currently scheduled.

That is a part of content and it worked never to 100%. Someentrys are buggy since release......

Regards

Tait, I do thank you for the update, I do but DAMN, can we please fix the Ops, I mean seriously. Can we put everything else on hold and fix the things that are supposed to be working BEFORE we add all this other stuff. I am so freakin tired of having to adjust strats in Ops because it MAY bug out, or having to run only 8 Man because whats he point of 16 when you don't get the gear to make it worth while. You spend so much time on other things, can you take ONE update and fix what is broken. I mean we paid for these ops to work, and keep paying and you keep taking and taking without fixing what we already paid for. So PLEASE fix this.

Tait, I do thank you for the update, I do but DAMN, can we please fix the Ops, I mean seriously. Can we put everything else on hold and fix the things that are supposed to be working BEFORE we add all this other stuff. I am so freakin tired of having to adjust strats in Ops because it MAY bug out, or having to run only 8 Man because whats he point of 16 when you don't get the gear to make it worth while. You spend so much time on other things, can you take ONE update and fix what is broken. I mean we paid for these ops to work, and keep paying and you keep taking and taking without fixing what we already paid for. So PLEASE fix this.

It's not a bug.. It's a feature :rak_03:

Typically when you use the quote feature it means you read the quoted block of text. This is not the case, read number 1, 2, and 3. They all answer your question.

I did read and I still asked, because this bug I'm mentioning happens to be THREE years old. I've mentioned quite literally hundreds of times and got no answer. Same for making threads on the issue in the bug report forums AND in game. So, yeah, I'm going to ask since it bugs me that they'll fix armor that is still new, yet they leave a bug from another armor set series that started three years ago. So there, wiseguy.

Edited by Koichi

When are you gonna fix Merc-Commando healer set bonus items? Let me make a proposal that you will love, we can pay some Cartel Coins to make them unbugged after we get them from ops, i know your company doesnt fix anything without CC involved so we are ready to pay. I can see dollar signs in your eyes :)

Sith Warrior

Juggernaut

General

[*]Fixed a bug with Soresu Form that caused abilities’ damage to drop by 20% instead of 10%.

So Soresu form damage has been fixed, what about Sins and Powertechs? Those tank stances are bugged too you know.

Edited by Cortimi

Hi Tait.

Thanks for this post. It's the type of communication that I like to see here and I hope to see more of this, not just on patches of course.

It's nice to see the Gree event returning and I am also happy with the juggernaut/guardian fixes. I haven't really played much with my tanks at all since 3.0 I have actually been waiting for this tank stance issue to be resolved.

There are of course other things that need fixing but I feel that you addressed that appropriately ;)

However, we do realize that having information early and then subsequently having it change can cause friction, so if we find that the constant changes to the patches are causing more harm than good due to releasing the information early, we will stop posting preliminary notes. This is an experiment, and we'll see how it goes.

There are a lot of stipulations that come with this, however. While we definitely want to get this information out to you, we can also see how this information can cause problems when things that are listed don't make it into the patch (or, on the opposite side of the coin, when the preliminary notes don't list something you expected/wanted to be in the patch).

I do want to reiterate that the notes are subject to change. This doesn't mean that stuff will only be removed - things are added the Friday before a patch goes out all the time. Due to the nature of how patches change, though, the preliminary notes won't be updated as things are added/removed - the final notes will reflect the final patch. I know it sounds like I am harping on the notes changing a lot, and that's on purpose. This is the main concern we have about releasing this information early - that it will mislead people into thinking this is in any way a guarantee. It's not. In fact, it will very likely change. I'd say they have about a 98% chance to change.

STAHP IT. Please no. Please do not do preliminary patch notes. Please do not give us anything but the finalized version. It's more work for you, more headache for you, more work for me, more headache for me. It's already annoying enough that you did not put everything in patch notes before until the servers were down. And now this? Just look at this thread and how much more you've had to attend to, and look at how much more Dev Tracker people have to skim through because of it. I do not want to have read preliminary notes and think a change is in the game on patch day that ends up not being there. Or from reading 2 different versions of the patch notes, be confused about what is and is not in the actual patch. Please. No. Please.

Tait this is disappointing. There's been many critical Discipline and Utility bugs reported here that have not been addressed at all in the 2 months since expansion launch: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=789439

I mean, these have been around forever and you're going to let us go into ranked season 4 with them present?

Edited by revcrisis

This good communication from BW during the last days got me highly confused. What is happening?

Please keep it coming like that.

And guys, don't bash them to death again. How can anyone seriously claim that "this is disappointing"? How can such a post be disappointing.

[

One of the things that many people have asked for is a better look into what's coming up. Outside of Bug Report replies and the maintenance messaging synopsis, you don't really get a full picture of what's coming in upcoming patches until the Patch Notes go live the day before. I wanted to change this and give you insight into what you can expect in the next week's patch earlier. This is part of our continued effort to be more communicative of upcoming changes and content. However, we do realize that having information early and then subsequently having it change can cause friction, so if we find that the constant changes to the patches are causing more harm than good due to releasing the information early, we will stop posting preliminary notes. This is an experiment, and we'll see how it goes.

Translation:

"If one person uses the phrases "BW lied," "broken promises," "bait and switch," or "slap in the face," we'll stop talking to you. This is why we can't have nice things people!

So many people turned right around, after the first post, and are asking "Why in the world isn't X being fixed! It's been around for ages!" smh.

Edited by TheSeventhJedi

I understand that this isn't a final list, and everything is subject to change, and all that. But I don't see anything about nerfs to hatred sins, PT burst, or sorc force storm.

Does this mean nothing is happening in 3.1, or are there just no solid notes right now?

Although, I do appreciate that we're getting what we are here. Some information is better than no information.