The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The coalition base on Yavin needs to be neutral territory.

Beakertanks

I'm perfectly happy where I am thanks. I like open world pvp but any game that allows this is going to die fast. Bio will fix it I'm sure.

I have no doubt people will pout and pretend to quit. in my experience many people on PvP servers hate PvP like yourself. which is a valid opinion, just irrational given the fact you're choosing to be there.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an entirely different issue, though. If that is done on a PvE server to a player that is NOT flagged, then doing what you describe is an exploit being done to grief players. If possible, BW absolutely should prevent someone from doing something like that.

On a PvP server, however, the issues are completely different. If you choose to roll on a PvP server, you should accept the fact that PvP can happen at any time absolutely anywhere that both factions are allowed. If you don't like that, there is a solution. PvE servers exist and have optional flagging for open world adventuring. Again, I don't like PvP at all. I play on a PvE server. But as a player I know full well what the ruleset is for PvP servers. I don't understand the complaint that PvP is happening on a PvP server. You can roll on a PvE server or transfer to a PvE server.

All pvp server allow you to respawn back to a safe area when you exit combat. This is not the case here. This is not PVP it's endless combat.

Edited by chosonman

if you don't like PvP, don't join a PvP server.

you seem really bothered about getting killed in a game with no death penalty.

they may change this zone...until then enjoy some PvP or transfer I suppose.

Quite the contrary...I love PvP and I've loved how the PvP servers here had operated.

Not in the least - getting killed in PvP works both ways...and I love that there's no death penalty...this is a game after all.

And yes, they NEED to change this zone. I have no problem with you ganking me anywhere else in the game...but doing it as players load in is horrible design and needs to change.

As a PvP-er in PvP gear I'm OK with open world PvP, but from lore point of view, it makes no sense for Reps and Imps to fight in a coalition base right next to Darth Marr and Satele Shan. Backstabbing in the woods, sure, but not open combat in front of the soldiers and leaders of both factions!

All pvp server allow you to respawn back to a safe area when you exit combat. This is not the case here. This is not PVP it's endless combat.

Ok, clearly I missed an important point if this is in fact the case. I don't have a problem with PvP happening on an open world PvP server. But if there's no chance to retreat, that's not great and should probably be changed so you can at least get away and come back later.

That's an entirely different issue, though. If that is done on a PvE server to a player that is NOT flagged, then doing what you describe is an exploit being done to grief players. If possible, BW absolutely should prevent someone from doing something like that.

On a PvP server, however, the issues are completely different. If you choose to roll on a PvP server, you should accept the fact that PvP can happen at any time absolutely anywhere that both factions are allowed. If you don't like that, there is a solution. PvE servers exist and have optional flagging for open world adventuring. Again, I don't like PvP at all. I play on a PvE server. But as a player I know full well what the ruleset is for PvP servers. I don't understand the complaint that PvP is happening on a PvP server. You can roll on a PvE server or transfer to a PvE server.

Are there not Sanctuary zones on PVP servers?

If there are, then the Yavin IV staging area seems to be the type of zone that should be a Sanctuary.

If there aren't, then Yavin IV staging area wouldn't be...

Ok, clearly I missed an important point if this is in fact the case. I don't have a problem with PvP happening on an open world PvP server. But if there's no chance to retreat, that's not great and should probably be changed so you can at least get away and come back later.

I agree, when one faction is facerolling other people at spawn point, it's difficult to call it PvP. I never experienced that, because for the first days of Early Access, when I spent most time on Yavin 4, people were focused on the story and avoided conflict, but I understand it might be difficult now to progress, when people just get bored more often.

If there are, then the Yavin IV staging area seems to be the type of zone that should be a Sanctuary.

There are.

It should be.

Edited by Apophis_

It seems as simple as that then. The staging area should be a Sanctuary. The rest of the planet (Edit: I mean moon. Please don't hurt me Mr Wicked!) is fair game.

Exactly. This is the only change that needs to be made, to the staging area. Nothing else should change, just that one spot where both factions load in to the planet and rez.

I assume the Sanctuary zones are the same regardless of server type. PvP servers have them too. Area's that lack them, have the standard level 60 boss type guards at rez locations. Yavin lacks every bit of protection players have come to expect over the past 3 years. The only real difference with a PvP server is that once you leave the "safe zone", you're always flagged...meaning waiting for an NPC to spawn or doing dailies can get you killed.

Even events like the rakgoul thing have sanctuary zones to allow players to participate...Yavin is the only place that is different, and sadly, it's part of the leveling content that Bioware has protected since launch.

The losers of a PvP battle are still weeping.

The game doesn't need to be changed, the pubs need to grow a pair, or if a few quests are more important than PvP, they need to transfer off to a PvE server.

Plus all the people who don't play on a PvP server need to stop posting in a thread they don't even understand.

Folks are going to try and find ways to force a flag on PVE servers. I think it is likely that any method folks use will eventually be mitigated by Bioware in some way.

WTB "Disable all forms of PVP flagging except through the portrait menu" preferences checkbox please. Will pay cartel coins.

Hold on, hold on, hold on. Are you telling me PvP HAPPENED! On a PVP SERVER!

That's just crazy talk.

I remember when Ilum was a PvP zone and at some point players managed to get inside the enemy base. Imps were killing Reps at spawn point, and there was no option to exit the area in that situation. Next day BioWare introduced patch and canceled taxi connection with both bases, and then on the next day they introduced another patch with very powerfull cannons in both spawning points.

PvP happens on PvP servers, but some rules are needed to call it PvP.

Edited by Apophis_

...Problems like this are going to happen on a PvP server. They just are, it's inevitable. If you don't like this kind of thing don't roll on a PvP server....

Unfortunately a lot of people roll on a PvP server for ego, and then they spend all their time sneaking around avoiding PvP.

Plus we have a lot of babies who transferred in with 55s and never had to level. They just need to suck it up or transfer out.

Because being able to kill people who are still on loading screen is totally what PvP is all about. :rolleyes:

That is exactly what PVP servers are about and that's exactly why people play on them. Nobody wants a fair fight between them and another player, they want to gank lowbies and team up on people. It's also why I play on a PVE server lol. If I PVP its because I choose to and its nobodies fault but my own if I flag. Even if Imps are trying to be dbags and run into my aoe you know what I do? I don't aoe. Yes they should fix it like WoW did so AOE attacks cannot initiate a flagged status but until they do adapt.

My idea of world PvP is not getting killed as I enter a zone and am in the loading screen.

Yeah, I explained earlier in this thread how that is actually PvE since the loading player never actually faces his attacker. it is strictly an environment variable killing him and due to poor design.

So you admit you have no idea what you are talking about, and don't play on the servers in question.

You are just trying to impose your servers rules and mentality on the PvPers.

Im starting to wonder if you are actually speaking some other language that looks a lot like English but is completely different, because you keep saying these total nonsensical things in reply to what others say but appear to believe you are responding in a valid and reasonable fashion.

You asked why someone on a PvE server would even post here, I gave you the obvious answer. I never said where I play, or even hinted at it.

In any case, I dont play on a PvE server. I play on Jung Ma. Day 1 of "Early Beta Access" the first time I went to Yavin 4 my shadow was already dead before Id even loaded into the planet. The first thing I see is a group of 6 imps, all standing around the spawn point, killing people as the pop up before they can even move. I recognised those imps, all from a guild that regularly gets its *** handed to it in warzones and actual world pvp situations.

Luckily, I was able to med probe, shroud and vanish out of there, heal up, and with other pubs whod gotten out into the world before hand and come back after seeing gen chat, we beat the crap out of these "glorious PvPers" until they gave up and started at least pretending to be decent people.

Your attempts to "prove" people wrong are just leaving you looking a lot like Joe Biden. Frankly, Im amazed at the flexibility of both of your spines as well as general skeletal malleability. you must be some sort of strange human/python cross created in genetic laboratories. I guess that might help explain the different language you seem to be using.

The first thing I see is a group of 6 imps, all standing around the spawn point, killing people as the pop up before they can even move. I recognised those imps, all from a guild that regularly gets its *** handed to it in warzones and actual world pvp situations.

*popcorn*

You can't leave us hanging like that...

PVP players likely want to keep it, at least those posting here because the find it fun.

I am surprised so many have trouble admitting that, instead hiding behind "it's a PVP server" platitudes.

It is difficult for me to identify with PVP players these days. In my day, not only would we say "yes, we know its dishonorable, so what, too bad"....we would also be honest that we enjoyed ganking folks in any way we could.

That doesn't seem to be the case today...too many PVP folks that seem to hide behind PVE protections, wanting to get their hand held, and trying to justify their actions. Today its all about gear and excuses.

Modern PVP players need to grow thicker skins. You know what your doing is wrong. Doing the wrong thing can be fun sometimes.

So what if it is wrong? If and when Bioware fixes this it will be a moot issue, in the mean time own it. Stop with the ridiculous excuses and platitudes.

Your supposed to be PVP players. So act like PVP players.

Edited by LordArtemis

No you're not, if you actually read my posts on BC you would know they are filled with contempt for the server and the people on it.

You on the other had support every single post that wants to nerf PvP or protect people from PvP. Waaaaa the bad PvPer stood next to me and I accidentally attacked, then here comes TUX, nerf nerf nerf. :p

Yes I am. I tend to side with facts and evidence over claims. You seem to have a lot of contempt for many people...why so much anger and hate over a game?

I'm not looking at all to nerf PvP - I'm trying to make it better by allowing it to happen where players aren't being ganked and griefed, which is all the landing zone is. Nothing good happens to PvP from that type of pretend PvP. Better queues and better PvP won't be the result.