The coalition base on Yavin needs to be neutral territory.

Beakertanks

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PvP, unlike PvE, has to be mutually enjoyable. If one side gets creamed, PvP ends for both. IMO, the best PvPers understand this fine balance, and they understand that healthier and better PvP comes when players know when enough is enough. Griefing/camping doesn't help PvP in any way.

pvp only ends because the people that quit hate pvp and should be on a pve server.

i love dying. its a video game. who cares? if you dont want to be killed, dont flag for pvp. i really dont care what you consider fair, youre flagged and i have your permission to kill you any way i please.

I dont think the definition of PVP is debatable or speculative. It is clearly "Player Vs Player". That means that this kind of behavior is PVP, GSF is PVP, etc.

But I also do not think the definition of "honorable" is debatable or speculative in this context either. Obviously this behavior is without merit or honor.

My point would be "so what if it is?". Can a player really be faulted if they capitilize on an advantage offered by the game?

Note...I support a change and believe it is needed. But I think it is wrong to say this is not PVP, and it is wrong to say it is anything but dishonorable behavior.

im not sure "honor" is a word i would use to describe behaviour in a video game, but i dont see the issue in players attacking other plsyers with their permission. whst does honor hsve to do with it? youre flagged.

Ah, good old story vs gameplay segregation.

"For the sake of the galaxy, we need to set aside our differences and defeat the madman and his forces! Now, go kill each other in PvP." :rolleyes:

Same thing happened in WotLK -- storyline says the two "gotta have factions in an MMO!" factions are supposed to be working together, but nothing changes -- no cross-faction groups, no cross-faction communication, and there's PvP, encouraged with quests, right there in the new world area.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

pvp only ends because the people that quit hate pvp and should be on a pve server.

i love dying. its a video game. who cares? if you dont want to be killed, dont flag for pvp. i really dont care what you consider fair, youre flagged and i have your permission to kill you any way i please.

Flagged? on PvP servers you do not FLAG yourself you are red 24/7,,You must not play on one.

I wish they would take action against the people who abuse this bug but given their inaction against those who abused Broken Ilum back in the days, it's safe to say that nothing will happen to these jerks.

No wonder that they always believe to be in their own rights when there is no consequence to their abuse.

Edited by demotivator

I don't really have an opinion either way, but I'm just curious what makes you say this.

It does seem to punish non-sub players though, since subs can just med probe revive and use the perma pvp stealth to get from their corpse to the taxi and leave without being ganked and camped.

the second you med probe all it takes is an aoe hit and your back in combat and unable to use quick travel or the taxi

watch the corpse, as soon as it disappears place your aoe down and boom another pwnage pvp victory, or release to med center, which in this case is the exact same place. there is no way to swap instances if you load into a gankfest, your only options are to try and wait till the opposite faction gets board and leaves, or just quit the game altogether

return to medcentre = you loose

medical probe = you loose

it is piss poor design to be able to aoe carpet another factions rez pad/load zone and i cant imagine this was done on purpose, would be nice to have some word on what the devs stance on this issue is

You clearly lack any understanding of this game's core issue with open world PvP: highly imbalanced factions. There is no chance for "fighting back" against the Imp horde, especially when they are camping the zone in area. Your perception as an Imp is very skewed. Yes it is great when republic fight back, it doesn't take long for overwhelming numbers to win out. All it takes is Imps filling up an instance to win.
and that is why you fail

to think we always have more people willing to just show up is a blatant misunderstanding. we have more people on fleet than you. we also have more carebears than you.

if u saw our gen chat on y4 you'd laugh at how many people cry about pvp.

Flagged? on PvP servers you do not FLAG yourself you are red 24/7,,You must not play on one.
yeah...that was my point.

you choose to be flagged when u create a character there. after that decision, live by it...or die by it I don't care because I'll be attacking you regardless because you gave me permission.

I wish they would take action against the people who abuse this bug but given their inaction against those who abused Broken Ilum back in the days, it's safe to say that nothing will happen to these jerks.

No wonder that they always believe to be in their own rights when there is no consequence to their abuse.

it might be a miss, or a mistake...but its not a bug. and no, people won't be punished for pvping and a PvP server. Edited by Pagy

im not sure "honor" is a word i would use to describe behaviour in a video game, but i dont see the issue in players attacking other plsyers with their permission. whst does honor hsve to do with it? youre flagged.

You can choose any words you like. If it is important to you to consider a persons actions "honorable" then they should act appropriately. If not a person should not care how folks label it.

If it is not important IMO you should not care whether it has anything to do with it or not.

The pursuit to engage in this behavior and then convince others it is honorable is very odd indeed. But the rejection that honor is even involved or important is certainly a reasonable position to take IMO.

My point still stands. Rejection of the definition, or the mitigation of its importance does not change the fact of the matter...at least not in my opinion.

Edited by LordArtemis

you choose to be flagged when u create a character there. after that decision, live by it...or die by it I don't care because I'll be attacking you regardless because you gave me permission.

I don't really think loading into the planet is considered permission.

In a WZ we are all flagged for PvP. But does that mean players can walk into the opposing teams starter point and kill people as they rez? No, it happens outside of the gate when both people are willing to fight. This is no different than being unable to kill people at a medcenter in a neutral base or at a loading area. BW has already set a precedent on this. Simply take a look at other planets starports/loading areas.

and that is why you fail

to think we always have more people willing to just show up is a blatant misunderstanding. we have more people on fleet than you. we also have more carebears than you.

if u saw our gen chat on y4 you'd laugh at how many people cry about pvp.

You're really trying to argue that numbers are not an issue in PvP? That faction imbalance doesn't exist? You definitely don't play on PoT5 and from the sound of your "don't flag" comments you're from a PvE server. Why are PvE server players even commenting here? Trolling, bored? This issue is much more irrelevant for PvE servers than it is for PvP server players.

In fact, the discusison was already ended when it was pointed out that Rishi is setup with neutral areas properly and Yavin was a major oversight, including the fact that it is even named "Sanctuary". Theres no point even responding to your pointless babble anymore, so have fun.

you choose to be flagged when u create a character there. after that decision, live by it...or die by it I don't care because I'll be attacking you regardless because you gave me permission.it might be a miss, or a mistake...but its not a bug. and no, people won't be punished for pvping and a PvP server.

I have to say I think the above is correct. As for me, I hate PvP. Hate hate hate it. This is in no small part because I am TERRIBLE at it. My solution? I play on a PvE server and leave my PvP flag OFF at all times. Problem solved.

Problems like this are going to happen on a PvP server. They just are, it's inevitable. If you don't like this kind of thing don't roll on a PvP server. I've never played on a PvP server, but isn't this the same as the shared planets on PvP servers? Aren't there quest hub type areas on Nar Shadaa, for example (in the marketplace area where the craft trainers are) that are frequented by both factions? Is this area and others like it (Voss Ka on Voss, for example) neutral, with no PvP allowed? Because if it isn't neutral and PvP IS allowed in these areas on PvP server, why should people expect this area on Yavin 4 to be any different?

If you roll on a PvP server you should take it to mean PvP can happen at any time in any place where both factions can access and you accept that fact.

Problems like this are going to happen on a PvP server. They just are, it's inevitable. If you don't like this kind of thing don't roll on a PvP server.

It's a problem on PVE servers, too. Apparently the new hotness is for Assassins to stealth up and park themselves on top of the medical droid. You go to right click the droid and end up flagging yourself.

It's a problem on PVE servers, too. Apparently the new hotness is for Assassins to stealth up and park themselves on top of the medical droid. You go to right click the droid and end up flagging yourself.

Folks are going to try and find ways to force a flag on PVE servers. I think it is likely that any method folks use will eventually be mitigated by Bioware in some way.

I don't really think loading into the planet is considered permission.
you're in a pvp zone I really don't care if you're loading, afk, questing or fighting a fire in your kitchen.

In a WZ we are all flagged for PvP. But does that mean players can walk into the opposing teams starter point and kill people as they rez? No, it happens outside of the gate when both people are willing to fight. This is no different than being unable to kill people at a medcenter in a neutral base or at a loading area. BW has already set a precedent on this. Simply take a look at other planets starports/loading areas.
war zones are mini games with their own structured rules and objectives and has nothing to do with pvp server rulesets. Edited by Pagy

You're really trying to argue that numbers are not an issue in PvP? That faction imbalance doesn't exist? You definitely don't play on PoT5 and from the sound of your "don't flag" comments you're from a PvE server. Why are PvE server players even commenting here? Trolling, bored? This issue is much more irrelevant for PvE servers than it is for PvP server players.

In fact, the discusison was already ended when it was pointed out that Rishi is setup with neutral areas properly and Yavin was a major oversight, including the fact that it is even named "Sanctuary". Theres no point even responding to your pointless babble anymore, so have fun.

I play imp on pot5 and judging by your "flagging" comment you're missing my point. on a pve server you flag yourself manually in the game. by playing on a PvP server you're flagging yourself at the server selection screen. I'm simply pointing out that the choice to be flagged is one we all made on a PvP server.

regarding imbalance I've already commented so let me repeat myself. our faction has more players yes...most are in fleet and most are carebears. sitting there whining isn't going to help you. and if you think you can't assemble a group just as large in a given area to avoid trouble then my suggestion to you would be to transfer servers.

Spawn Camping <> PVP

You do not teleport into an area and get attacked even before your character finishes loading that is not PVP. You do not rez back to the med center only to get AOE spammed back into combat, that is not pvp. PVP ganking pubs/imps when they're doing their mission in open world. Spawn camping is not PVP.

Edited by chosonman

Spawn Camping <> PVP

You do not teleport into an area and get attacked even before your character finishes loading that is not PVP. You do not rez back to the med center only to get AOE spammed back into combat, that is not pvp. PVP ganking pubs/imps when they're doing their mission in open world. Spawn camping is not PVP.

you should stick to pve servers as I feel I'd be happier there.

by playing on a PvP server you're flagging yourself at the server selection screen.

This situation has NEVER existed in this games entire history - the Ilum base fiasco was similar, but that was patched that week (2-days later I believe). Your insistence that we should know better is foolish. We've never had a situation left in-game this long that allowed spawn camping, and we've never had a time where you were attackable upon loading the freaking planet.

That's an entirely different issue, though. If that is done on a PvE server to a player that is NOT flagged, then doing what you describe is an exploit being done to grief players. If possible, BW absolutely should prevent someone from doing something like that.

On a PvP server, however, the issues are completely different. If you choose to roll on a PvP server, you should accept the fact that PvP can happen at any time absolutely anywhere that both factions are allowed. If you don't like that, there is a solution. PvE servers exist and have optional flagging for open world adventuring. Again, I don't like PvP at all. I play on a PvE server. But as a player I know full well what the ruleset is for PvP servers. I don't understand the complaint that PvP is happening on a PvP server. You can roll on a PvE server or transfer to a PvE server.

I don't understand the complaint that PvP is happening on a PvP server. You can roll on a PvE server or transfer to a PvE server.

This isn't PvP...and it's an issue Bioware has addressed before and they need to do it again.

This situation has NEVER existed in this games entire history - the Ilum base fiasco was similar, but that was patched that week (2-days later I believe). Your insistence that we should know better is foolish. We've never had a situation left in-game this long that allowed spawn camping, and we've never had a time where you were attackable upon loading the freaking planet.
if you don't like PvP, don't join a PvP server.

you seem really bothered about getting killed in a game with no death penalty.

they may change this zone...until then enjoy some PvP or transfer I suppose.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.