The coalition base on Yavin needs to be neutral territory.

Beakertanks

I like playing Pub. I know most people don't. I know I am always going to be outnumbered. I know there is nothing that can be done about it. So please don't make me suffer further by allowing this stupidity to continue. It's not like this on Rishii. There are plenty of opportunities for the imps to gank in the quest area.

Move to Jung Ma (Imp: Pub ratio is roughly 55:45)

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait wait wait. I gotta admit, on POT5 when I get to Yavin, it's you pubs that are sitting there in your group farming us for your kills. I only jump in when two of you or more start attacking single guys trying to get to the speeder. Acting like it's all the imps. Hilarious. I'm sure my side does plenty of it, but geezus h christmas you all do it a ton too. Don't you sit there lying about it.

I have yet to be flagged on yavin. Even when I aoe with a flagged imp within the radius I don't get flagged. But my getting flagged accident rate has plummeted since I turned auto target off and been more careful around flagged players.

I always see this as the translation for posts like yours..

"I don't want PvP to take skill. An opponent that can fight back terrifies me."

That's a pretty *********** stupid interpretation... What's it to you??? That poster is right... If you're on a PvP server you signed up for it, don't complain... If you're on one of the kids servers don't herp derp yourself and you're good to go...

That's a pretty *********** stupid interpretation... What's it to you??? That poster is right... If you're on a PvP server you signed up for it, don't complain... If you're on one of the kids servers don't herp derp yourself and you're good to go...

On a pvp server doing dailies, yes you have no right to complain about being ganked; but when in the pub/imp joint base you shouldn't be able to fight each other there.

On a pvp server doing dailies, yes you have no right to complain about being ganked; but when in the pub/imp joint base you shouldn't be able to fight each other there.

I don't really have an opinion either way, but I'm just curious what makes you say this.

It does seem to punish non-sub players though, since subs can just med probe revive and use the perma pvp stealth to get from their corpse to the taxi and leave without being ganked and camped.

I don't really have an opinion either way, but I'm just curious what makes you say this.

It does seem to punish non-sub players though, since subs can just med probe revive and use the perma pvp stealth to get from their corpse to the taxi and leave without being ganked and camped.

Yeah but heaven help you if you want to look at the reputation vendor.

Also while we are fixing this can we also make Pilgrim's Retreat on Voss a sanctuary too, I have see way to many people sitting around farming the medcenter there.

I signed up for PvP yes. PvP is not about killing people who can't fight back. PvP is about testing yourself against others. Not farming them from respawn because your faction has way more people than theirs.

People who think that PvP means that its ok to exploit anything and everything just to allow you to unfairly troll other players, other people, these players are the rot that ruins the PvP communities.

If you kill someone it should be because you bested them purely on account of skill, not because you killed them when they cannot fight back.

Edited by Zoom_VI

I signed up for PvP yes. PvP is not about killing people who can't fight back. PvP is about testing yourself against others. Not farming them from respawn because your faction has way more people than theirs.

People who think that PvP means that its ok to exploit anything and everything just to allow you to unfairly troll other players, other people, these players are the rot that ruins the PvP communities.

If you kill someone it should be because you bested them purely on account of skill, not because you killed them when they cannot fight back.

I don't really know if you have a monopoly on what the definition of PVP is, should be, or could be.

Personally, I don't really kill anyone unless they attack first, or are attacking someone on my faction, but rolling on a PvP server I expect that PvP can and will happen anywhere in any amount, which could very well include camping or 'strategically taking over objectives'

I think it's a bit narrow minded to think of PvP as only an honorable duel to the death that occurs on mutually agreed to terms.

First., I haven't been to the new planets yet so this hasn't happened to me.

I can 100% guarantee no one signs up for a PVP server so that they can be 30 vs 3'd. I can further guarantee no one signed up to be killed will spawning in. I'm pretty certain if you happened to be on the 3 side you wouldn't consider it fun or what you signed up for either.

I signed up for PVP because I love a random 1 v 1 when I run into an opposing faction player while questing. I'm good with group on group action too. But some people wont PvP unless they have 30 vs 3 type numbers. They go to low level planets and hunt people 30 levels lower than them. 95% of the time they are a stealth class who disappear the moment someone their own level shows up. Probably half of that group of 30 would disappear if the numbers were suddenly balanced and they couldn't auto win. That is not PvP. If someone doesn't want to fight you, kill them once and then let them go about their business.

The Coalition area needs to be non-flagged area. The faction disparity just makes it un-fun. Its one of the only quest hubs in the game that is flagged. Only reason it's halfway passable right now is because people are trying to level. When those folks are leveled up and board it's gonna be rough for new players!

You sound like a kid with that response,on the Bastion Republic is out numbered five to one,that is not PvP in any sense,people who defend it either do not play on a PvP server or run around as Imperials 24/7 and have no common sense to realize that ok yah you just jumped that solo Repub out questing by himself with your four or so buddys,ha ha yah that was fun huh,but get this there is another group of little squirts like yourself that do it to him just after you moved on.

This is the reality,i saw some republic players even state "Well i cant go anywhere might as well log off" if you were any type of a good Pvper you would go to the small side,but we both know that is highly unlikely huh.

Edited by Sathid

It'd be really nice to see some Dev confirmation that this is going to change. as is it is not okay and is incredibly obnoxious. Not only does it spit in the face of the story it makes it very difficult to turn in quests and even just get off the stupid planet.

Yeah don't really see the issue here, joint bases aren't a new thing to the game. Voss, anyone? Outpost just south of the Shrine of Healing (and in there as well) along with the outpost in the Pelath-Ri Marches in the bonus series area, northern most part of the map. So unless this base on Yavin IV automatically flags players on pve servers, I don't understand the issue. Edited by Ridickilis

wait wait wait. I gotta admit, on POT5 when I get to Yavin, it's you pubs that are sitting there in your group farming us for your kills. I only jump in when two of you or more start attacking single guys trying to get to the speeder. Acting like it's all the imps. Hilarious. I'm sure my side does plenty of it, but geezus h christmas you all do it a ton too. Don't you sit there lying about it.

If you're referring to my post then I was simply writing an account of my personal experiences and what I've seen thus far. I'm sure it goes both ways. Fact is, it needs changes, regardless of which side is doing/receiving.

I'm not even concerned about fighting in the quest area - what bothers me is that you can literally camp the spawn area where players rez and load in...people can't even load the planet without dying...they have 0 chance of doing anything. When you Rez, you're 15m from where you died, you can sit in the exact same clone spot and still attack. Is there any other area in this game where you can literally camp where players load in (minus jumping the fence in SecX)?

First., I haven't been to the new planets yet so this hasn't happened to me.

I can 100% guarantee no one signs up for a PVP server so that they can be 30 vs 3'd. I can further guarantee no one signed up to be killed will spawning in. I'm pretty certain if you happened to be on the 3 side you wouldn't consider it fun or what you signed up for either.

I signed up for PVP because I love a random 1 v 1 when I run into an opposing faction player while questing. I'm good with group on group action too. But some people wont PvP unless they have 30 vs 3 type numbers. They go to low level planets and hunt people 30 levels lower than them. 95% of the time they are a stealth class who disappear the moment someone their own level shows up. Probably half of that group of 30 would disappear if the numbers were suddenly balanced and they couldn't auto win. That is not PvP. If someone doesn't want to fight you, kill them once and then let them go about their business.

I wish i never went Pvp with all my toons,if someone would of told me that Republic would be outnumbered to this extent no way,i do enjoy OWPVP too but not like this,not with all these kids that run around in packs,i would transfer in a heartbeat off the Bastion but no way am i paying 20$ to move and lose all my stronghold unlocks as well,i have even debated just quitting tbh.

I wish i never went Pvp with all my toons,if someone would of told me that Republic would be outnumbered to this extent no way,i do enjoy OWPVP too but not like this,not with all these kids that run around in packs,i would transfer in a heartbeat off the Bastion but no way am i paying 20$ to move and lose all my stronghold unlocks as well,i have even debated just quitting tbh.

Transferring doesn't affect your strongholds.

Well i heard different but if that is so that is good news,because i cant stand it on the Bastion with these kids anymore,hate it.

I'm not sure they're all kids. But transferring shouldn't affect your decorations or available strongholds, in the past there might've been bugs and issues with it but afaik everything is sorted out now.

Is there any other area in this game where you can literally camp where players load in (minus jumping the fence in SecX)?

Yes, the shrine of healing on Voss used to be a "problem" for the same reason because the respawn point for both factions was right at the front door. Same for the two shared outposts But now that everyone is on Rishii and Yavin IV and there are maybe 8 players on Voss because it's old hat at this point... not so much anymore.

Though I thought there used to be CS droids in game the first few months after launch telling players to stop if they were ganking at the medcenter over and over again.

Edited by Ridickilis

I'm not even concerned about fighting in the quest area - what bothers me is that you can literally camp the spawn area where players rez and load in...people can't even load the planet without dying...they have 0 chance of doing anything. When you Rez, you're 15m from where you died, you can sit in the exact same clone spot and still attack. Is there any other area in this game where you can literally camp where players load in (minus jumping the fence in SecX)?

The Pilgrim's Retreat of Voss is the same way, and its insipid sometimes with endgame players camping low levels there.

I'm personally appalled that some people think its ok it beat other players when the other player is straight up unable to respond. I understand the volatile and usually unbalanced nature of OWPvP, but this goes to far, having a zone set up so that its literally impossible for players to even regroup to fight back is ruining OWPvP not helping it. Its the digital equivalent of picking a fight with someone but then having your buddies hold him down while you punch his face in.

The fact that players think they are justified to do this against other players, other humans, is just barbaric, particularly since I'm pretty that if this happened to any of the people saying its not a problem, those players would probably change sides and join the QQ.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Yes, the shrine of healing on Voss used to be a "problem" for the same reason because the respawn point for both factions was right at the front door. Same for the two shared outposts But now that everyone is on Rishii and Yavin IV and there are maybe 8 players on Voss because it's old hat at this point... not so much anymore.

But that's different...that's an area where you're loaded in and out questing...Yavin is literally where you first land on the planet.

You know, I think pretty much everyone is missing the main issue here on the pvp servers with this:

...Med center spawn camping...

EVERYWHERE else in the game, if you die in pvp, you can rez on spot (and likely get AOE'ed down immediately as soon as you spawn) or you can rez at med center, which should be somewhat of a safe haven with NPC champions of some kind.

What we have going on here is a med center that is at the same location as the planet load in location, so if 15-20 players from an opposite faction just stand there and kill everyone that loads in, they can remain in the same spot and continue to do so racking up both the players that are rezing at med center AND the players that are loading in.

Those players that are being camped are at the mercy of the opposite faction to leave, or let them pass. The players being camped at med center are sometimes literally forced to log off that character and onto a different one simply to continue playing the game...

That just seems... off.