So what are people parsing at 60?

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You running with any alacrity or all surge enhancements (bar slots used for accuracy obviously)?

I managed to do 4.3k (4 piece 192 2 piece 180):

http://i.imgur.com/XvUBLrX.png

Although torparse doesn't think so:

http://torparse.com/view.php?tid=bcc4eadca89b11e4936e002590d9d1b8

I'm wondering whether any crit would be good for this spec also...

I actually replaced the alacrity enhancement I use for Watchman with surge for Concentration, so it's three slots surge, no alacrity. Crit is 143 (same as Watchman) and that looks like the sweet spot for it from my testing. Running 6pc new set bonus.

Did another one, slightly higher.

how can you parse with your vanguards/powertechs so high on the dummy i have these stats http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3884/xpd6ilz8_jpg.htm and my best parse was with dot 4800

The first step is to taunt Kwerty with that Kel Dragon chestpiece :p

After that, I'd drop the crit + surge a bit, and pick up some alacrity - You get a LOT of auto-crits in Plasmatech (5 a minute), and only a couple of surge boosts (45% of the time you use a surge-boosted attack), so crit isn't worth much, and after 300 surge the diminishing returns becomes very noticable, so its better to keep the 2 stats the same unless you're running a heavy alacrity build

And the last step is to get some really nice crit luck while using Power Augments.

Edited by TACeMossie

Just did a 3240 parse as a Veng jug, no set bonus, just 186 gear and one 192 piece, missing one augment for my gear, mostly might 186 augments, some 186 Overkill and I have 1 or 2 178 augments.

Slow rotation, as usual for me

http://i.imgur.com/NOywxl2.png

I use the fleet dummy btw, not sure how that affects my numbers :confused:

Edited by Romeugues

Just did a 3240 parse as a Veng jug, no set bonus, just 186 gear and one 192 piece, missing one augment for my gear, mostly might 186 augments, some 186 Overkill and I have 1 or 2 178 augments.

Slow rotation, as usual for me

http://i.imgur.com/NOywxl2.png

I use the fleet dummy btw, not sure how that affects my numbers :confused:

A lot, you can't apply the legacy ship repair droid modifications to the fleet dummy which not only you are parsing without the armor debuff but you also don't have the usual gained DPS from execute phases due to fleet dummy always at 100% health.

Even so I guess on the ship dummy with the proper modifications added you should be more around 3500, which while it's ok given it's comms gear you could be squeezing out a bit more.

My advice would be to unlock the ship dummy and droid first.

A lot, you can't apply the legacy ship repair droid modifications to the fleet dummy which not only you are parsing without the armor debuff but you also don't have the usual gained DPS from execute phases due to fleet dummy always at 100% health.

Even so I guess on the ship dummy with the proper modifications added you should be more around 3500, which while it's ok given it's comms gear you could be squeezing out a bit more.

My advice would be to unlock the ship dummy and droid first.

1.) Juggs apply debuff

2.) Juggs have no altered execute rotation

only thing affecting his specific parse is the lag he'll get from fleet which in itself is enough to warrant a move to his ship. Even with that he might crack 3300. Not having reduced range on saber throw messes with the rage management in way I can't even describe. He used assault 25 times, if you had the reduced throw you could substitute 25 gcds using assault to other high profile moves because you would have the rage to execute them properly.

Edited by Joran-Koon

1.) Juggs apply debuff

2.) Juggs have no altered execute rotation

only thing affecting his specific parse is the lag he'll get from fleet which in itself is enough to warrant a move to his ship. Even with that he might crack 3300. Not having reduced range on saber throw messes with the rage management in way I can't even describe. He used assault 25 times, if you had the reduced throw you could substitute 25 gcds using assault to other high profile moves because you would have the rage to execute them properly.

I mostly PVP since I hit 60 and having the set bonus makes game play much more enjoyable.

Btw I did a laggy parse on the WZ fleet dummy and did 3669 dps for 1.8 mill dmg done. The Alacrity enhancements on the pvp armor messes with my rotation a bit, however, so it doesn't line up how I'm used to.

If I actually renew my sub in 30 days I might consider getting a ship dummy, but I don't do ops, only attempted a few with a PuG and they didn't go well, the server I was on until recently made doing them difficult with the guild I was in and since I transferred servers I haven't bothered getting a guild to do OPS and stuff.

Edited by Romeugues

Well for PT's its because their 6pc set Bonus is bugged ;)

Hows it bugged?

Lemme guess - the buff isn't consumed by Immolate despite still working on it.

Damn. Well that explains Aetrus's 93% immolate crit chance.

Cause with enough alacrity (5%), that would mean 75% of the immolates would auto-crit...

Edited by TACeMossie

Hows it bugged?

Lemme guess - the buff isn't consumed by Immolate despite still working on it.

Damn. Well that explains Aetrus's 93% immolate crit chance.

Cause with enough alacrity (5%), that would mean 75% of the immolates would auto-crit...

The thing is, they know about it. Star Parse makes it obvious. I reported it in the Pyro thread on the PTS two days before it closed down, when they were complaining Pyro's numbers were too high and they wanted a way to tone it down a little. And here we are, almost 3 months later...

But I don't think they need to fix it, or if they do, I kinda think they should buff Pyro in a different way. It's almost useless in the current raids and its definitely the inferior PvP spec.

Edited by Aetrus

The thing is, they know about it. Star Parse makes it obvious. I reported it in the Pyro thread on the PTS two days before it closed down, when they were complaining Pyro's numbers were too high and they wanted a way to tone it down a little. And here we are, almost 3 months later...

But I don't think they need to fix it, or if they do, I kinda think they should buff Pyro in a different way. It's almost useless in the current raids and its definitely the inferior PvP spec.

BRB gearing up my PT :p

Also its technically not useless in the current raids, the DPS disparity thanks to this little bug would be huge - It was already ~500dps between the 2 in optimal situations when they are both geared appropriately, and that was before accounting for this bug D:

Also Pyro is better at target swapping and AoE despite more DoT-focused DPS, because its resources dont rely on a bleed.

Edited by TACeMossie

ever tried to play revanites as AP/Tactics ? then you know how much you suffer under very frequent swapps. your heat/ammo management gets completely blown out the window because you miss out on 5 heat every 6 sec for 75% of the fight. as pyro/plasma you can atleast replace incendiary missile with flame bursts/sweeps and try to get scorch to jump from target to target.

What? Pyro better at target swapping? Did you drink too much? :eek:

He's right though, it's way better. In Tactics, you either Gut everything and screw your heat or you don't Gut anything and screw your heat anyway because you aren't refunding 5 heat when you High Impact Bolt. Pyro doesn't overheat unless you're being really, really bad.

He's right though, it's way better. In Tactics, you either Gut everything and screw your heat or you don't Gut anything and screw your heat anyway because you aren't refunding 5 heat when you High Impact Bolt. Pyro doesn't overheat unless you're being really, really bad.

To be fair, I usually run with a DF slinger, so he gets the bleeds on everything for me. But then again, when he does that it means the assailable debuff is now out there and Pyro leaves AP in the dust when assailable is up (Except on Underlurker where I abuse the hell out of Reflexive Shield + Electro Shield - that single ability did 220 dps in my most recent Underlurker kill D: )

AP doesnt work with virulence/Lethality though - It needs either Annihilation, Vengeance or IO for a bleed, and 1 of em sucks, 1 is even worse at target swaps, and the third has cooldowns on its short duration bleeds

Edited by TACeMossie