So what are people parsing at 60?

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watchman 4809 192 4 piece + 2 180 armorings and ruusan relic. I haven't even stepped into the HM's yet to acquire any token 198's.

or a Torparse 4764

Do the set bonuses really add that much? Can you show a breakdown of your damage by ability?

edit: Also, what's your power, crit, surge, and alacrity?

Edited by Kyovarde

Do the set bonuses really add that much? Can you show a breakdown of your damage by ability?

edit: Also, what's your power, crit, surge, and alacrity?

I done this with an all power build + might augments, although I do alternate between some crit depending on mood.

Gear shot 1

Gear shot 2

Breakdown, I don't follow the optimal rotation per say, I have a nasty habit of force leap + overload rather than merciless + overload. I also strike mostly in strike/slash/dispatch windows as I'd rather have the focus for a smooth rotation rather than slash/dispatch and wonder where the focus went for my next merciless. Also new 4 piece old 2 piece isn't really optimal (it's not a huge step up from 180/186 4 piece).

Does anyone know how much difference in dps adrenals make on a 1M dummy? (assuming you use 2 during the parse)

I've been testing without it so far and I'm curious.

Also, @ MM snipers, have you noticed anything wrong with takedown's damage?

The tooltip with my gear says it does 5.6-5.9k damage yet I've never even seen it hit above 5k on any enemy when it doesn't crit. It seems a complete waste of a GCD unless it crits.

I asked a friend to post this on mybehalf.

Here is my best ever 1 mill AP PT parse with not so great execution and quite nice crits.

4713:

And here is a very solid parse with perfect execution and slightly less godly crits on what matters.

4675:

I run full aim augs, some 400 crit (2 implants + enhancement), 1 accuracy aug for extra surge enhancement, zero alac (I figure 1 would work well on a dummy, im just not a fan of it in PVE where there can be downtime and hence its value sort of lost, so 3% extra surge wins for me XD).

Old 4 piece and new 2 piece set bonus, still got like an arkanian and an UW armouring, lmao. Rest is pretty much SM OP gear, some 198s including OH, and 192 MH.

I shudder at what this spec could do with full HM gear XD.

Cheated out of 110 DPS because vanguard instead of powertech -_-

4864.23 DPS - Plasmatech

4722.31 DPS - Tactics

And lastly, gear:

http://i.imgur.com/taxro2Q.png

zero alac (I figure 1 would work well on a dummy, im just not a fan of it in PVE where there can be downtime and hence its value sort of lost, so 3% extra surge wins for me XD).

You'd be surprised how good alacrity is. Its actually magnified in downtime if you know how to abuse it, as it increases your ammo regen when you can't do damage, reduces the cooldown on your offensive cooldowns, and in general is the best stat in the game. Well, once you get past power at least :p

Edited by TACeMossie

Cheated out of 110 DPS because vanguard instead of powertech -_-

4864.23 DPS - Plasmatech

4722.31 DPS - Tactics

And lastly, gear:

http://i.imgur.com/taxro2Q.png

You'd be surprised how good alacrity is. Its actually magnified in downtime if you know how to abuse it, as it increases your ammo regen when you can't do damage, reduces the cooldown on your offensive cooldowns, and in general is the best stat in the game. Well, once you get past power at least :p

Why are you cheated out of 110 dps exactly?

Why are you cheated out of 110 dps exactly?

Only for the Plasmatech Parse: Powertech's don't consume the 6-set with Immolate, so they have a 50-75% guaranteed crit rate on immolate depending on rotation and alacrity. Considering my 6.94% alacrity and the rotation I used, I had 3 Fire Pulses used within 30 seconds of every Ion Pulse that procced "Combat Tech's Critical Bonus" which would have resulted in a 75+% crit chance in Fire Pulse before even looking at the natural crit chance for the other 2 of em.

Edited by TACeMossie

Only for the Plasmatech Parse: Powertech's don't consume the 6-set with Immolate, so they have a 50-75% guaranteed crit rate on immolate depending on rotation and alacrity. Considering my 6.94% alacrity and the rotation I used, I had 3 Fire Pulses used within 30 seconds of every Ion Pulse that procced "Combat Tech's Critical Bonus" which would have resulted in a 75+% crit chance in Fire Pulse before even looking at the natural crit chance for the other 2 of em.

I don't understand how your Shoulder Cannon is critting for 900 higher than mine...it's like a 25% difference.

You used that gear for both parses? Impressive. And I need to work on my AP rotation apparently. I'm using 65-75 rapid shots per parse.

As I said, I did the maths, and it came up with 600 alacrity being optimum. And so... 582 Alacrity it currently is!

On my to-do list is:

1 Earpiece: Replace Deceivers for Revanite (Power/Acc in both cases)

Enhancements:

Replace 2x Rating 192 for 2x Rating 198 Accuracy pieces. Crit/Power, I don't care.

Replace 2x Rating 192 for 2x Rating 198 Alacrity pieces. Crit/Power, I don't care.

Relics: Replace Resurrected Relic of Serendipitous Assault for Revanite Relic of Serendipitous Assault

Set Bonus Armorings: Upgrade Chest/Belt/Bracer/Boots/Pants for 198s from 192s. Can also replace gloves with set bonus armoring, freeing up a slot.

Mainhand. Obviously, upgrade that too.

As I said, I did the maths, and it came up with 600 alacrity being optimum. And so... 582 Alacrity it currently is!

On my to-do list is:

1 Earpiece: Replace Deceivers for Revanite (Power/Acc in both cases)

Enhancements:

Replace 2x Rating 192 for 2x Rating 198 Accuracy pieces. Crit/Power, I don't care.

Replace 2x Rating 192 for 2x Rating 198 Alacrity pieces. Crit/Power, I don't care.

Relics: Replace Resurrected Relic of Serendipitous Assault for Revanite Relic of Serendipitous Assault

Set Bonus Armorings: Upgrade Chest/Belt/Bracer/Boots/Pants for 198s from 192s. Can also replace gloves with set bonus armoring, freeing up a slot.

Mainhand. Obviously, upgrade that too.

The struggle is real. I feel ya. I did 5040 DPS the other day with one particular setup. 351 crit, 240 alacrity. It sucks because the PTs ahead of me all have better gear either because 198 exploit or because Zorz OP. I still need 4 198 mods and 4 198 enhancements, along with an earpiece and of course the mainhand. Gonna be rough, going for that one...I'm gonna try 412 alacrity out tonight when my latency stabilizes. That'll hit the magic 5% alacrity number you were talking about previously for dem delicious Immolate crits.

The struggle is real. I feel ya. I did 5040 DPS the other day with one particular setup. 351 crit, 240 alacrity. It sucks because the PTs ahead of me all have better gear either because 198 exploit or because Zorz OP. I still need 4 198 mods and 4 198 enhancements, along with an earpiece and of course the mainhand. Gonna be rough, going for that one...I'm gonna try 412 alacrity out tonight when my latency stabilizes. That'll hit the magic 5% alacrity number you were talking about previously for dem delicious Immolate crits.

I'd still recommed the slightly higher 6%. Why? Because I highly doubt you can perfectly clip every flamethrower, which is what 5% requires

Around what should healers be doing for HM progression these days?

endbosses and master-blaster aside, there are two hm bosses that are challenging to heal, bulo and sword squadron units. both are doable with 3 healers and for bulo the required hps depends on the amount of powertechs/vanguards you have in the raid. with only one vanguard and two healers you'll need around 3.8k ehps per healer at least. for sword sqadron a few hundred ehps more. the hps required can also be lowered by sage dps shielding some raid members, good usage of def-CDs or bringing dps with decent self-heal. with the group-compositions i've been there 3.8k ehps was minimum per healer for the raid to survive.

endbosses and master-blaster aside, there are two hm bosses that are challenging to heal, bulo and sword squadron units. both are doable with 3 healers and for bulo the required hps depends on the amount of powertechs/vanguards you have in the raid. with only one vanguard and two healers you'll need around 3.8k ehps per healer at least. for sword sqadron a few hundred ehps more. the hps required can also be lowered by sage dps shielding some raid members, good usage of def-CDs or bringing dps with decent self-heal. with the group-compositions i've been there 3.8k ehps was minimum per healer for the raid to survive.

currently, as we stood on 2/5 in each op, a healer out of my group has supported a another raidgroup for bulo firstkill and healed all alone at 50%.

Edited by Citruzz