Discipline System; I don't suppose there is still time to reconsider?

Icebergy

What if, Lord Artemis isn't a troll, but someone who just honestly believes those things are true, from what s/he has experienced in life.

What if I told you that LA has a logical reasoning to his/her idea, and you just disagree on them?

Back on one of the other topics: I swear I read something about us still needing to go to trainers for ability training, but the cost was going to be removed, in 3.0 and not just for pre-order players on 12x exp. Still digging but the Search Function doesn't mark where BW posts are.

Doesn't seem to be a developer post on it (at least as far as going through 7 pages of the Developer Tracker), however I believe your point regarding skill training is correct from what I recall from the livestreams.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't seem to be a developer post on it (at least as far as going through 7 pages of the Developer Tracker), however I believe your point regarding skill training is correct from what I recall from the livestreams.

I think it was a BW post here in GenDiscuss... Got a couple of months worth of stuff to soft through.

I wasn't commenting on your replies Zoom, I only read what Reno had been saying to Max, which was ridiculously simple minded.

Then you mis-read because all I said was all you needed to use was 4 buttons for Arsenal to succeed as Arsenal. No where did I say you must only use those 4 buttons, which is what Max thought I said and thus got mad at me.

Well... not everyone does that HM-BS. I never did a HM mission, and I never will... o I don't care in how far stuff is balanced for that or not. If the new system fixes that... no idea, but it does break something on the other end, and that's the end I like, so no, I don't want my gaming style reduced and being less entertaining just so that you can do your stupid NM stuff.

I'll take obvious statements for $400, Alex.

Considering devs explicitly said they were cheating ;) Either he is stupidly idioticly moron or he is trolling.

I think LordArtemis is referring to the fact that the command to switch exists in the development database and as such is holding out hope that the function could be molded into a live-client usable command. This hope isn't trolling. At worst, it may be overly optimistic to think it will go live but still doesn't constitute trolling or idiocy.

Then you mis-read because all I said was all you needed to use was 4 buttons for Arsenal to succeed as Arsenal. No where did I say you must only use those 4 buttons, which is what Max thought I said and thus got mad at me.

Maybe you should be clearer then. The same could be said for any class.

The Leveling Event

As of October 6th, you can pre-order Shadow of Revan and join in the Class Story Leveling Event. As long as you remain subscribed with an active preorder, you will earn 12x XP from class missions – enough to play through the game all the way to level 55 playing only epic story missions. Training new abilities will be free for you, which means you’ll have all the extra credits you need to buy a nice new speeder. What better way to prepare for the new expansion?

The event will run until midnight on December 1st, at which point XP rates for class missions will return to normal for all players.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20141015

Ah, I was looking for a post that was in relation to the training being free beyond the launch date of 3.0.

The quote you have tends to imply that training will no longer be free as of 3.0; as was suspected imo.

Start saving your credits now. I would expect the costs of training all available Ranks for all abilities from 56-60 will be in excess of 750,000 credits.

Training all Level 55 abilities (since they all received an upgrade when you hit the level cap) was around 200,000 credits. I would expect that hitting the new level cap will mean every ability will receive a new Rank to be trained, with a total cost of over 500,000 credits (i.e. at least 35,000 credits per ability x 15-ish abilities). Add a few hundred thousand for training the Ranks you receive from Level 56-59 and there you go.

Edited by Levram

You got trolled. ;)

And another one who fell into the troll trap.

Between he was talking about the wy devs learned their abilities not the feature coming with 12x xp

And a third one fell to the troll

Perhaps....

*Thinks a few mins*

Nope. You answered with logic and without sarcasm, you didn't troll Artemis back. So I didn't get trolled ;):p

Your so adorable Ryuku-sama. ;)

Start saving your credits now. I would expect the costs of training all available Ranks for all abilities from 56-60 will be in excess of 750,000 credits.

Training all Level 55 abilities (since they all received an upgrade when you hit the level cap) was around 200,000 credits. I would expect that hitting the new level cap will mean every ability will receive a new Rank to be trained, with a total cost of over 500,000 credits (i.e. at least 35,000 credits per ability x 15-ish abilities). Add all a few hundred thousand for training the Ranks you receive from Level 56-59 and there you go.

Don't forget that the missions you do to level from 55 to 60 should reward you with enough credits to cover a good portion of whatever the cost of training the new abilities might be. Its not a bad idea to start saving credits in preparation though.

No you don't. It's an easy decision.

Are you still having fun and do you still have the money to afford a sub? -> Stay subbed.

Are you no longer having fun or has your financial situation changed? -> Cancel sub.

I'm sorry you feel that a system you have not actually had a chance to use will destroy your fun. If it does you should cancel. However I would strongly suggest you wait until after you've had a chance to actually use it, as you may be surprised.

Note: This is not a "well cancel then" answer, but an honest appraisal of your options. I've been a player since late beta, and have been subbed since early access. Someday even I will stop paying, because it will stop being fun, I just haven't hit that yet.

It's not that simple. Will the things I find enjoyable about the game still outweigh the things I loath about the game once Disciplines are added to the latter pan of the scale?

As for the new that system itself, the preview calculators on Dulfy make it crystal-clear what they're going to be.

I'm a very odd person; I love tuna and clavier, have a minor taste for catfish, hate cod and prefer fried salmon cakes over baked salmon steaks.

As a result I will do something novel; reserve judgement, positive and negative, until the thing is actually released.

There were games that I swore I would love based on previews, and games that I swore I would hate based on previews. I've learned the hard way to not rush to judgment.

I'm excited about some of the changes and skeptical of others but until I physically sit down and play some rotations, I won't talk out of my *** and slam something that is technically still in testing and hasn't gone live yet (nor will I sing its praises either).