Hybrids are dead and you can cleanse most CCs

Nothematic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, they wont pick up on that one anyway. Other things are too good to pass up.

If I knew I was going against a melee team, I would choose both knock back root and mez bubble. Otherwise, you're probably right.

Edited by Andrew_Past

Don't forget that they can knock back root now too.

Withe the amount of soft cc that sorcerers have in utilities, melee better have root breakers.

the more I hear about this, the more and more it feels like WildStar. if you pvp, you absolutely must grab amps from the pvp and control "trees." and you must grab interrupt armors and breakers instead of some dps abils. iunno if it will be good or not, but I can say that WS was a snare/root fest and a massive arms race about collecting CC and anti-CC abils.

the more I hear about this, the more and more it feels like WildStar. if you pvp, you absolutely must grab amps from the pvp and control "trees." and you must grab interrupt armors and breakers instead of some dps abils. iunno if it will be good or not, but I can say that WS was a snare/root fest and a massive arms race about collecting CC and anti-CC abils.

Here at least you're only choosing between various utility. You're not forgoing dps skills.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that CC is going to get a lot more counters than it has now. The game might be moving to where hard mitigation is going to be your best defense. Think about it, sorcerers can literally have two stuns, two mezzes, 1-2 roots, and slows all over the place.

There's no way that is going live without counters. Plus, even if that isn't true, Sorcs can either have a ton of CC or their own escapes. The 1st tier utilities are mostly junk and you have to use three points there. So there are only 4 choices you can get from tiers 2 & 3. And there are well more than 4 good options.

Edited by Master-Nala

Better you can still cleanse slows..

Also "Can cleanse most CC's".. That BETTER not include hard stuns.

If I want to knock 1 person out for 4 seconds on a 60! second cooldown.. that should not be able to be purged by something as simple as a cleanse. Even if those become a 10-second cooldown.

Hardstuns are a line not to be crossed. Other CC like blind, lift/whirlwind, Awe.. Fine.

But hardstuns? NO.

(I'll go ham on a constructive rant post if this turns out to be true)

Flashbang, whirlwind, awe and mindtrap are already cleansable, I do believe they are making hardstuns cleansable and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Could it be good? Maybe. It will definitely change the face of ranked, because if you can't hardstun the healer without it being cleansed it's going to be a lot harder to actually kill anybody with guard and op heals as they are now (we'll see if that changes). Regs are another matter, how many people are actually going to cleanse a hardstun, it's fairly rare for a healer to cleanse a soft stun as it is, only the decent ones might.

I hate the idea of uncleansable dots. Hate it. :jawa_mad:

Better you can still cleanse slows..

Also "Can cleanse most CC's".. That BETTER not include hard stuns.

If I want to knock 1 person out for 4 seconds on a 60! second cooldown.. that should not be able to be purged by something as simple as a cleanse. Even if those become a 10-second cooldown.

Hardstuns are a line not to be crossed. Other CC like blind, lift/whirlwind, Awe.. Fine.

But hardstuns? NO.

(I'll go ham on a constructive rant post if this turns out to be true)

I'd love to see this, personally. It was a bad design move to base two classes wholly around stuns and an even worse design move to change overlap penalties. They are likely not going to change either of them. At least with this I can see it really *********** with those kiddies that use stuns rotationally and without forethought.

I'd love to see this, personally. It was a bad design move to base two classes wholly around stuns and an even worse design move to change overlap penalties. They are likely not going to change either of them. At least with this I can see it really *********** with those kiddies that use stuns rotationally and without forethought.

Not sure why you are so bothered with bads like that anyway.

Not sure why you are so bothered with bads like that anyway.

I'm not that bothered by them, I'd just like to see them at least once have to think about what they are about to do.

To elaborate further:

I always thought Shadows should have been more ninja-like. Stealthy, very fast and very strong attacks. Instead you can be rather slow and plodding and still be effective as a shadow against the majority of players. Basing the class around control was a grim oversight. Maybe the changes to alacrity (whatever they may be) will make my vision of Shadow a reality.

Operatives would have been with a similar design.

Higher cooldown on cleanse and u can cleanse hardstuns? What is this? Balancing around the Casual scrub that makes Threads like "too many Stuns in the Game - resolve broken" ?

Or PvP rejects need to learn to hit moving objects. Will take for a while but you'll be ok.

I'm not that bothered by them, I'd just like to see them at least once have to think about what they are about to do.

To elaborate further:

I always thought Shadows should have been more ninja-like. Stealthy, very fast and very strong attacks. Instead you can be rather slow and plodding and still be effective as a shadow against the majority of players. Basing the class around control was a grim oversight. Maybe the changes to alacrity (whatever they may be) will make my vision of Shadow a reality.

Operatives would have been with a similar design.

"Being effective against most players" is not exactly much of a feat in this game in my opinion... :rolleyes:

Solution? Roll a madness sorc in 3.0. They're going to be even more broken then they are now. Madness with bubblestun and instant whirlwind, fml.

I've played madness before and find it quite simplistic and boring. Call me a swtor hipster but I'll play anything that isn't fotm.

All dots uncleansable.. What is this hell -_-

Cleansing hardstuns would be interesting.. But oh god why they stick to this idiotic idea of uncleansable dots... DoTs should either be like Lethality dots, or plain cleansable. Like, if you make hardstuns cleansable too, healers will have much more important things to cleanse anyway.

And seriously, if they only make the cooldown longer, but don't make the cleanse actually good (i.e. it actually cleanses hardstuns) it is bs. I highly doubt it would cleanse hardstuns though. Not sure if I would like it, but it is an interesting option. It might screw team ranked a bit, leading even more to idiotic pressure madness crap meta... Too much unknowns.

Make dots cleansable, only bads need uncleansable dots. :D

I've played madness before and find it quite simplistic and boring. Call me a swtor hipster but I'll play anything that isn't fotm.

i'm on your side, respec Madness a few days ago and......it's really powerful but boring as hell, the good point is my sorc can live almost the whole WZ , will try healer for a bit of challenge :D [joke]

All dots uncleansable.. What is this hell -_-

Cleansing hardstuns would be interesting.. But oh god why they stick to this idiotic idea of uncleansable dots... DoTs should either be like Lethality dots, or plain cleansable. Like, if you make hardstuns cleansable too, healers will have much more important things to cleanse anyway.

And seriously, if they only make the cooldown longer, but don't make the cleanse actually good (i.e. it actually cleanses hardstuns) it is bs. I highly doubt it would cleanse hardstuns though. Not sure if I would like it, but it is an interesting option. It might screw team ranked a bit, leading even more to idiotic pressure madness crap meta... Too much unknowns.

Make dots cleansable, only bads need uncleansable dots. :D

Meh, I no longer care anymore. Its not like pug healers ever cleanse and good healers just dont have the time to bother wasting a GCD on em. Its a non-issue imo.

Cleansable stuns? Damn BW really wants to kill those stun locking operatives:rolleyes:. But seriously that is a pretty back handed nerf to operatives and assassins

There has to be another player around to cleanse it and I believe (or at least hope) that it only applies to mezzes. If you could cleanse hardstuns then its going to be pretty dumb. That's going to break the arena meta pretty hardcore.

Cleansable stuns? Damn BW really wants to kill those stun locking operatives:rolleyes:. But seriously that is a pretty back handed nerf to operatives and assassins

Well, it's probably the case that not everyone will be able to cleanse every type of hard stun. I wouldn't expect operatives to be able to cleanse electrocute because it is a force stun. I wouldn't expect sorcerers to cleanse electro dart, because it is a tech stun, etc, etc.

There has to be another player around to cleanse it and I believe (or at least hope) that it only applies to mezzes. If you could cleanse hardstuns then its going to be pretty dumb. That's going to break the arena meta pretty hardcore.

Agreed. Hard stuns are pretty darn important in arenas and if you can start cleansing those, things will get very interesting. Would be particularly bad if mezzes and whatnot could be cleansed by the DPS classes (Sorcs, Operatives and Mercs) at the same time. Wonder what the meta would be like afterwards.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.