Why are the PvPers constantly complaining?

Psychopyro

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am aware of that... However I have no other gear except what my companion has, and that is 168/180 PvE gear as well. The problem is there is not an entry level PvP set anymore, so you're stuck with what you have until you get comms to actually buy the gear you need which takes forever and a friggin day due to the insane price of it vs what you actually get in a WZ.

What did you do to your Oricon quest gear?! That is a full 156 and that is ok to start pvp. It should give you an expertise of around 1900-1950.

I know where u are coming from, I mainly have been doing PVE, HM/NiM operations and whatsort ... and I am in a PvP server - ToFN.

Pvp community can be harsh .. but Pve also is ... dont think there is a big difference...

Just to say that I started with my Oricon gear doing Wz and now im in mix Obroan and Brutalizer with valor 50 .. so It is possible.. actually a lot of fun .. and ToFN have the most obnoxious players u would find .. u know those from small elitist pvp guilds...

And I play one of the worst to do pvp in my opinion ... Sorc healer ... punching bag made out of paper hhehe

To cut short .. ignore the idiots and progress .. have fun .. make friends.. nice friendly ppl (that are good players) do exist in pvp .. :)

This game cant handle world pvp and goes out of its way to separate factions so there is, essentially, no difference between server types

If you have too strong of pve gear you can just buy a bunch of blue level 53 gear you would give your comp- not mods, enhancements, and armorings, but the whole "chest piece" that costs 10k on the gtn; as well as level 53 implants and earpieces

Augment this and YOWZA you have decent pvp gear; there are stickies on this whole bolster thing and how to navigate it

I think the arguments between "pvp and pve" are really between that level of player who has become barely competent in either area and just wants to berate anything worth attacking to get the scrutiny off himself

Most experienced players pve or pvp will put up with newbs but not noobs

Most helpful players in both pve and pvp will encourage the newb to do some research (forums and youtubes usually) and then just jump into it whilst having a thick skin (it's just pixels- no one knows who you are- just what you say in chat and what your toon looks like is all we can go by)

So...

If you are just starting pvp at 55 I, if you seriously want to improve your online pvp skills and you are a total newb to the process, then use one of your lowbie alts and start there.

You can read the stickies in pvp forum and you could be decent enough in a bit

Getting used to online pvp, regardless of game, takes time but the fun of actually getting your first win, solo kill, whatever should juice you up enough to continue through the depravity

What did you do to your Oricon quest gear?! That is a full 156 and that is ok to start pvp. It should give you an expertise of around 1900-1950.

Honestly, I trashed that a long time ago.. I was already above that gear when it came out, so it went bye bye...

Sure there's always morons berating other players for ridiculous reasons, but most of us are happy about new players joining the warzone queue. What we complain about legitimately though is players afking through warzones just to get the conquest points and thus spoiling the game for the rest of us.

imagine groupfinder without a vote to kick option; there would be tons of people getting carried through without contributing at all and then needing on everything; that's basically what this feels like for me :-(

Pretty sure I see at least 3 threads of PvPers complaining just here alone about people being lazy inWZs... And I won't even get started about the berating that people do in PvP matches...

I really did go in and at least try. I'll admit I suck at PvP... But when the PvPers whine they want more people and then ***** and complain at you and send you nasty tells or just /ops chat it in the WZ, why bother trying at all... At this point I would rather just go in and die just to piss them off...

I have seen far more whining and crying by the PvE crowd that think PvP players have an advantage with conquest than I have seen PvP players whining and crying about conquest.

Since your thread here is nothing more than a whine by a PvE players you have upped that total one more. Congrats.

I don't think all PVPrs complain but the ones that do, complain constantly. As for wanting to force pvp on everyone again, I don't think this is the case for most PVPrs but I've been out doing dailies and had some ******** assassin cloak and stand on loot targets so when I click on it I accidentally attack him then his four buddies pop out of no where and kill me to know that there's a faction of PVPrs out there that give the rest a bad name.

As a PvP player myself, I have to say I don't complain, I criticise! Complaining is mostly useless, since it will lead to no change, it is only there for people who want to vent. My competitive nature as PvP player means I want things to improve, since nothing is ever perfect, so there is always room for improvement, which leads that there is always something that can be criticised as not good enough.

I don't mind people who don't want to PvP, that is what PvE servers are for, so I play on a PvP server and people who decide for that have to expect PvP happening to them.

Basically one could also ask "Why are PvEers constantly complaining?", or "Why are RPers constantly are complaining?", since those groups have here also their fair share of complain threads. It is just selective reading, and OP you should stop thinking that all PvP players are the same, there are just many sub-categories within our demographic just like not all pvE players are the same, or like there are many different styles on RPers.

Pretty sure I see at least 3 threads of PvPers complaining just here alone about people being lazy inWZs... And I won't even get started about the berating that people do in PvP matches...

I really did go in and at least try. I'll admit I suck at PvP... But when the PvPers whine they want more people and then ***** and complain at you and send you nasty tells or just /ops chat it in the WZ, why bother trying at all... At this point I would rather just go in and die just to piss them off...

a pro

I don't think all PVPrs complain but the ones that do, complain constantly. As for wanting to force pvp on everyone again, I don't think this is the case for most PVPrs but I've been out doing dailies and had some ******** assassin cloak and stand on loot targets so when I click on it I accidentally attack him then his four buddies pop out of no where and kill me to know that there's a faction of PVPrs out there that give the rest a bad name.

You don't hit the target enemy button before attacking? Sorry, automatic first thought when you said click. On my Keybinding, I use either tab or 'num .' to target my next enemy. But I don't know if you unbound that key or not.

But I agree with the point of your post of a small minority in the PVP population are giving the whole a bad name.

To those claiming that PvP'ers are mean in warzones, I take it that you guys don't pug operations much? The trashtalk in warzones doesnt come close to some of the stuff I've heard from unhappy people in PvE pugs. I'm pretty much immune to trashtalk so when even I start to get annoyed by how some guy talks crap throughout an entire raid they've really pushed it. Or when someone makes a mistake - and yes, sometimes it's a really stupid one - and he/she has to hear about it for the following 15 minutes. And those are direct and personal comments aimed toward that individual player.

When I say something to someone in a warzone - and I will argue that it's quite uncommon - I usually don't know who I am adressing so it's not even remotely close to the PvE trashtalk. I just know that "someone" capped a node and then left it. I'm not babysitting every pug on my team so I don't know this person by name. Most of the time I'm usually speaking to the group though and those who know that they didnt do the stuff I' complain about have no reason to be offended (not that "stop doing X" should offend anyone wnyway). If you on the other hand have been lemming around the entire match , giving up nodes in the process, you have reason to worry.

As for PvP entry gear, the skill disparity in normal warzones is so vast that pretty much any gear will do. Even if you have the crappiest gear on the planet - and as long as you're not also the worst player - there's probably going to be someone who's worse than you, regardless of what they are wearing. I do find it remarkable that people manage to screw themselves over as much as they do, gear'wise, in warzones though. You don't have any PvP gear, all your PvE gear is too high to be optimal, you don't have any classic or planetary comms saved and you don't have any credits to buy a cheap lower tier set to PvP in from GTN? That is freaking amazing. Did you teleport to level 55 and somehow managed to unlock +180 gear in the same process? Read a guide or something, that's what i do before I enter a new operation.

Edited by MidichIorian

...As for wanting to force pvp on everyone...

Tatooine and the HK quest is a prime example of this. Why should I have to visit a PvP area for a PvE quest item? That makes no damn sense whatsoever. Also, why is it that the loudmouths are never on a true PvP server?

This is why I left Aion so many moons ago. You always had the loudmouths talking about how PvP is the shiz, yet they would do nothing but either roam in packs of like-minded halfwits to prey on single players, stay on the safe zone pads if too many people were around or until their useless pals showed up, or pick on someone who was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay under their level just for the hell of it. Not to mention Aion was notorious for placing quest items in PvP zones, where the ones who possessed no gall would "camp" (as they called it) the area waiting for loners to come so they could kill them nonstop. Then when you called in the calvary (as in my case, I was all that was needed since I was a Spiritmaster) they would flee. Pathetic.

You lot always act like PvP is the best thing since sliced bread, but none of you have enough nuts to actually PvP. It's always about gear or groups with you people. How about y'all man up, grow several pairs, join a real PvP server, and duke it out like how it is meant to be. I guarantee you that if Bioware split this game into two sections - PvP

and PvE, the PvP section would be gone in a week.

Show me one pure PvP game that lasted as long as a PvE game. You people quite honestly, ARE a bunch of animals; plain and simple. You always bicker, you always complain, and you can never be satisfied. I've read countless forums about PvP and it is always the same thing as I have previously stated. I would love to see the day an actual PvP game is invented where there are no safe zones, no gear requirements, no PvE aspects whatsoever, and see how many of you would flock to it and stay there.

If you really care that much about PvP stay off the PvE servers.

Thank you.

Show me one pure PvP game that lasted as long as a PvE game. You people quite honestly, ARE a bunch of animals; plain and simple. You always bicker, you always complain, and you can never be satisfied. I've read countless forums about PvP and it is always the same thing as I have previously stated. I would love to see the day an actual PvP game is invented where there are no safe zones, no gear requirements, no PvE aspects whatsoever, and see how many of you would flock to it and stay there.
Pretty much every shooter on the market? Planetside??

PvP requires very little in terms of content compared to PvE'. A map every now and then and a proper matchmaking system.

Edited by MidichIorian

As for PvP entry gear, the skill disparity in normal warzones is so vast that pretty much any gear will do. Even if you have the crappiest gear on the planet - and as long as you're not also the worst player - there's probably going to be someone who's worse than you, regardless of what they are wearing. I do find it remarkable that people manage to screw themselves over as much as they do, gear'wise, in warzones though. You don't have any PvP gear, all your PvE gear is too high to be optimal, you don't have any classic or planetary comms saved and you don't have any credits to buy a cheap lower tier set to PvP in from GTN? That is freaking amazing. Did you teleport to level 55 and somehow managed to unlock +180 gear in the same process? Read a guide or something, that's what i do before I enter a new operation.

Used to PvP, I mean I am BR 70 on my shadow... But the last set of full PvP gear I had was the level 50 Battlemaster set, which does not bolster (go figure) so it's even more worthless then my PvE gear.. Then they introduced the new sets with 55 and bolster (which made my gear worthless after a huge grind), I just trashed it and said I'm done with PvP all together... And look, they introduced a new set what 4 months after, just to start the grind all over... No thanks...

Expertise should have been tied to a trait honestly.... Then they could have taken out a portion of stats on PvE gear based against whatever they decided the cap should be for PvP. Then they could have just made PvP stat armor and skins that are only bought by PvP instead of being lazy and using the same skins for PvE and PvP...

If you really care that much about PvP stay off the PvE servers.

Thank you.

I love this attitude. It assumes that every single player in this game does only PVP or PVE because that's what the poster does and NEVER THE TWAIN SHALL MEET. I hate to break it to you, my friend, but there are a lot of legitimate reasons why someone who loves to PVP would roll on a PVE or even *gasp* a RP server. If this is a problem for you, I suggest you go find an MMO where there is no PVP whatsoever. We're not going away, just cause overly entitled players like you throw a toddler tantrum.

As far as PVP player complaining more on these boards than PVE players - I am absolutely astounded and amused by the amount of selective memory going on here. The level of delusion on these boards is seriously hilarious.

Edited by Prisoner

Well when I have full 180s and don't own ANY PvP gear, and I was trying to actually do it to get gear so I could do it better and all the little jerks can do is insult, how exactly do you expect someone to react.. I tried to be reasonable and explain this to them... DO they want to listen, noooo. They can't be bothered to... Until PvPers actually grow up and act like civilized people, they deserve every bad player they get that does not want to participate.

Ah, so here's what this thread is really about. You haven't bothered to learn about bolster so everyone else are jerks.

Remember that next time some guy in recruit gear shows up in one of your op runs without a clue. Don't question or berate them, it wouldn't be civilized.

Edited by Joesixxpack

so another thing,

Why are the PvE'ers constantly complaining about whatever the PvP'ers are doing?

The groups don't tend to get along, never did, not in any game. PVE wants safe content with few variables, a small chance at losing and have more power than anyone else around them. PVP wants the same thing but they want it to be against real people. The two obviously don't cross well because of it.

Both groups are comprised of folks who want to be the hero character and SWTOR like so many MMO's go out of their way to make everybody feel like "The One". The inherent problem with that is when everybody is "The One", nobody is.

Another issues is that maybe 1 in every 100 PVE is really a PVP player and 99 in every 100 PVP is really a PVE player. Think about it. Every now and then you come across a PVE player who thinks none of the NPC's are hard enough and the conditions of combat aren't varied enough to keep things interesting. On the other hand, Nearly every PVP player you meet is uninterested in a real fight. They have little to no interest in testing their skill against a true opponent, they only wish to smash legions of n00bs with minimal effort. It isn't a problem unique to SWTOR or even MMO's but the need to be the hero in their own movie ruins nearly all multi-player gaming. Egos are fragile like that. What do you want from the generation raised on participation trophies.

I may have gone off track.;

Edited by Elfa

The groups don't tend to get along, never did, not in any game. PVE wants safe content with few variables, a small chance at losing and have more power than anyone else around them.

You've just described the casual attitude, not the PvE attitude.

Nightmare Dread Palace certainly doesn't have a small chance of losing. Nor is it safe - when you lose, it's 100k for repairs per wipe, not just half the reward. Progression raiding is full of RNG and to win without overgearing you pretty much need to act perfectly.

So what you're really saying is that every 99 in 100 PvE players and every 99 in 100 PvP players are casual players. That we can wholly agree on.

Edited by Heal-To-Full

so another thing,

Why are the PvE'ers constantly complaining about whatever the PvP'ers are doing?

To make themselves feel better. They know they're only playing part of the game by avoiding PvP, so they pretend their playstyle is better to make themselves feel like they aren't missing anything.