Why are the PvPers constantly complaining?

Psychopyro

Seriously, all the conquests you can repeat over and over in the same day without lockouts are PvP... Except the crafting one, but crafting is used by both...

They make it so more people have to do WZ to get weekly goal, you complain.. Bioware gave you content. They gave you more people to kill.

They complain that these new people are bads and should not even be in the PvP area. *** you wanted more people, you did not say you wanted more quality people.. Besides, PvE people have been asking for quality content, you think we get it... please... Now you know how we feel...

Then you complain that the bads just give up and let you kill them over and over just to get it over with... Why are you complaining, you got more people to kill....

They give you ranked WZs and you abuse them, then complain about it...

They give you special PvP only rewards.... you complain...

Can't you people just be happy?

Seriously, you wanted more people for PvP. You want to force everyone to do it. Then when they finally do force it on people, you expect them to be some major boon to PvP challenge for you, only to find out they suck... What did you really expect? Did you really think that these people who PvE all the time were going to be superawesomewolfalphasquadren PvP masters to give you a challenge? You knew they would probably suck (shoot I don't PvP and I KNEW it). You just wanted an easy farm, and now that you got it, it's not so fun anymore is it?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PvP'ers want to force everyone else to do PvP also?

News to me.

Umm do you hear people on these forums...

Conquests should have been PvP only.

There should be open world PvP.

More people need to do warzones.

^^ Those are the 3 biggest things I see.... So in all of those cases, especially the first two, PvP WANT everyone to have to PvP... Granted it's nothing new. It gets boring killing the same people (or getting killed by) over and over. I get it. It's the same thing PvE people ask for. New content, cause honestly killing (or dying to) the same thing over and over gets boring after a while as well.

I'm pretty sure I don't see whatever it is you're seeing, op.

Pretty sure I see at least 3 threads of PvPers complaining just here alone about people being lazy inWZs... And I won't even get started about the berating that people do in PvP matches...

I really did go in and at least try. I'll admit I suck at PvP... But when the PvPers whine they want more people and then ***** and complain at you and send you nasty tells or just /ops chat it in the WZ, why bother trying at all... At this point I would rather just go in and die just to piss them off...

You must not have been on these forums long then... or just not paying attention.

(and don't forget all the "come on people! que up for unranked/ranked!" whining in fleet chat)

Well, that's not really fair, they do complain quite a lot.

Pretty sure I see at least 3 threads of PvPers complaining just here alone about people being lazy inWZs... And I won't even get started about the berating that people do in PvP matches...

I really did go in and at least try. I'll admit I suck at PvP... But when the PvPers whine they want more people and then ***** and complain at you and send you nasty tells or just /ops chat it in the WZ, why bother trying at all... At this point I would rather just go in and die just to piss them off...

Ahh, gotcha, gotcha. I've gotten so good at filtering things out that I had to go look to see those. And right you are.

Seems life business as usual though. I think. The super competetive tend to be the most likely to try to get the figurative referees to favor their views.

You must not have been on these forums long then... or just not paying attention.

(and don't forget all the "come on people! que up for unranked/ranked!" whining in fleet chat)

I've seen a lot of complaints in the PvP forum over the past three years. One of the complaints I've seen, is when PvE'ers that don't like PvP, go ahead and queue anyway for the rewards and don't contribute.

Kind of the opposite of "everyone should be forced to PvP" :eek:

But hey, maybe I haven't been paying attention. Feel free to link to any threads saying that everyone should be forced to PvP.

Go ahead.

I'll wait. (But I won't hold my breath).

Edited by Khevar

Seriously, all the conquests you can repeat over and over in the same day without lockouts are PvP... Except the crafting one, but crafting is used by both...

They make it so more people have to do WZ to get weekly goal, you complain.. Bioware gave you content. They gave you more people to kill.

They complain that these new people are bads and should not even be in the PvP area. *** you wanted more people, you did not say you wanted more quality people.. Besides, PvE people have been asking for quality content, you think we get it... please... Now you know how we feel...

Then you complain that the bads just give up and let you kill them over and over just to get it over with... Why are you complaining, you got more people to kill....

They give you ranked WZs and you abuse them, then complain about it...

They give you special PvP only rewards.... you complain...

Can't you people just be happy?

Seriously, you wanted more people for PvP. You want to force everyone to do it. Then when they finally do force it on people, you expect them to be some major boon to PvP challenge for you, only to find out they suck... What did you really expect? Did you really think that these people who PvE all the time were going to be superawesomewolfalphasquadren PvP masters to give you a challenge? You knew they would probably suck (shoot I don't PvP and I KNEW it). You just wanted an easy farm, and now that you got it, it's not so fun anymore is it?

What we want is more GOOD people to play with. The conquest people tend to either be utterly inept at even the basics or just go AFK for the match. More good PVP players is great but sucky players makes the whole thing come to a cringeworthy halt.

I would be complaining too if there was some deadbeat player in a pug OPs runs who was doing nothing aside from running around, not evening using his weapon, trying to get carried rather than do anything. Thats just silly. Of course people will complain if a player just stands there jacking around with emotes with the intention of farming conquest points rather than actually playing the game as intended.

Berating other players is just apart of PVP, been here for longest time nothing new. If you are playing smart, watching and defending objectives, calling inc, even undergeared or even not knowing your class rotations as well as you should, there isn't much to complain about. there is only so much you can do in certain matches if certain combos come up.

If you come to WZ with the intentions actually trying to play the game, fine, you have to start somewhere after all. Ignore the players who get to worked up. If you are there to farm points and are a deadbeat, thats a different matter entirely.

At this point I would rather just go in and die just to piss them off...

Thats really immature.

Edited by Nickious

I've seen a lot of complaints in the PvP forum over the past three years. One of the complaints I've seen, is when PvE'ers that don't like PvP, go ahead and queue anyway for the rewards and don't contribute.

Kind of the opposite of "everyone should be forced to PvP" :eek:

But hey, maybe I haven't been paying attention. Feel free to link to any threads saying that everyone should be forced to PvP.

Go ahead.

I'll wait. (But I won't hold my breath).

FYI, took me less then a minute to find just 1... And you can exhale now...

Conquest should be PvP only. be thankful you PVEr's can get anypoints for your scripted easy to do events.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7638265&postcount=6

Sounds like this person here wants conquest to be only PvP, essentially saying that anyone who takes part should be forced to PvP...

FYI, took me less then a minute to find just 1... And you can exhale now...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7638265&postcount=6

Sounds like this person here wants conquest to be only PvP, essentially saying that anyone who takes part should be forced to PvP...

Yeah since obviously finding a few players in this forum as an example is a entirely accurate reflection of a entire community of players...

Edited by Nickious

I would be complaining too if there was some deadbeat player in a pug OPs runs who was doing nothing aside from running around, not evening using his weapon, trying to get carried rather than do anything. Thats just silly. Of course people will complain if a player just stands there jacking around with emotes with the intention of farming conquest points rather than actually playing the game as intended.

Berating other players is just apart of PVP, been here for longest time nothing new. If you are playing smart, watching and defending objectives, calling inc, even undergeared or even not knowing your class rotations as well as you should, there isn't much to complain about. there is only so much you can do in certain matches if certain combos come up.

If you come to WZ with the intentions actually trying to play the game, fine, you have to start somewhere after all. Ignore the players who get to worked up. If you are there to farm points and are a deadbeat, thats a different matter entirely.

Thats really immature.

Well when I have full 180s and don't own ANY PvP gear, and I was trying to actually do it to get gear so I could do it better and all the little jerks can do is insult, how exactly do you expect someone to react.. I tried to be reasonable and explain this to them... DO they want to listen, noooo. They can't be bothered to... Until PvPers actually grow up and act like civilized people, they deserve every bad player they get that does not want to participate.

Umm... I'm happy about Conquest encouraging people to PvP. The only thing I wish is that they would actually try. I don't care if they aren't very good.

Trying leads to Skill

Skill leads to Victory

Victory leads to Fun

People just queuing for rewards are worthless. No FP or OPS team would put up with it in PvE. They would kick. PvPer don't have that option (for good reasons to be fair). So all you can do is try to get Bioware to look for ways to encourage PvP without having to deal with leeches. Difficult, but hell that's literally what they are paid to do.

Well when I have full 180s and don't own ANY PvP gear, and I was trying to actually do it to get gear so I could do it better and all the little jerks can do is insult, how exactly do you expect someone to react.. I tried to be reasonable and explain this to them... DO they want to listen, noooo. They can't be bothered to... Until PvPers actually grow up and act like civilized people, they deserve every bad player they get that does not want to participate.

Grow a thicker skin or ignore them, manually or via the ignore function.

And stop trying to generalize a entire sect of a community based on the words of a few players.

I play PVP casually, run more ops than I do PVP really, but this is being ridiculous.

Edited by Nickious

The thing is, your 180s are worse than just putting on the blue gear from the Tactical FPs. I'm sure the people you played with weren't nice about it, but when you lose that much expertise you're a liability. And the very high health on those pieces are a dead giveaway to the other team to go after you.

There are jerks in every form of content. The worst abuse I ever experienced in this game was a Lost Island HM run where I hadn't done it before and got berated and kicked for not knowing how to bypass all the mobs on the way to the first boss. If you let jerks ruin your game, then you won't ever have fun.

Grow a thicker skin or ignore them, manually or via the ignore function.

And stop trying to generalize a entire sect of a community based on the words of a few players.

I play PVP casually, run more ops than I do PVP really, but this is being ridiculous.

Same could be said about the PvPers complaining and insulting bad players... Maybe they should just suck it up and shut up about people not trying in a warzone....

I mean you are generalizing a whole PvE community based on the actions of a few players....

Same could be said about the PvPers complaining and insulting bad players... Maybe they should just suck it up and shut up about people not trying in a warzone....

I mean you are generalizing a whole PvE community based on the actions of a few players....

Again grow a thicker skin. its not something I acquired so quickly myself but its a part of cooperative PVP or games against other players in general. Its not mutually exclusive to TOR I'm sure. Theres always going to be a douche out there. Ignore those people.

Edited by Nickious

Ouch, sounds like you got surrounded by the obnoxious PvPers. I have seen more threads about PvE is getting screwed over than "we need maor PvP! 1!1!1!!11"

And it is always the loud PvPers who ***** and complain. Then again, I'm on PvE servers, so it gets really funny to read people complaining about how bad PvP is there...

But I have met a bunch of perfectly nice, grown up, and civilized PvPers. And they would like more decent PvPers, but most of the time I have the two extremes, the really good PvPers (usually civilized people in the PvP community), and the really horrible ones (like me, and all the complainers about how bad PvP is on a PvE server).

Anyway, if you're combing through the PvP forum section, herr derr you'll find complainers. It is the forum of PvP. But here in General, I have seen a <bleep> ton of "Waaaaah!1!1!!! PvE is getting screwed over!"

The thing is, your 180s are worse than just putting on the blue gear from the Tactical FPs. I'm sure the people you played with weren't nice about it, but when you lose that much expertise you're a liability. And the very high health on those pieces are a dead giveaway to the other team to go after you.

I am aware of that... However I have no other gear except what my companion has, and that is 168/180 PvE gear as well. The problem is there is not an entry level PvP set anymore, so you're stuck with what you have until you get comms to actually buy the gear you need which takes forever and a friggin day due to the insane price of it vs what you actually get in a WZ.

Ah, I see what you're getting at.

Well, for what it's worth, I don't think conquests should be PvP only.

I also don't think that ANYONE should be forced to PvP.

If you were to ask the PvPers in this game: "Should everyone be forced to queue up for warzones", what answer do you think you'd get? How many would say, "Yes"?

Edited by Khevar

Again grow a thicker skin. its not something I acquired so quickly myself but its a part of cooperative PVP or games against other players in general. Its not mutually exclusive to TOR I'm sure. Theres always going to be a douche out there. Ignore those.

Oh come on, you could have left the age insult in there... I was going to say eleventeen....

I have a sense of humor... I can handle nonsense. But when a group of people complain that they want more people to do that content, and then complain cause that person sucks, and then complains because said people don't want to help them in a PvP match.. Yes it's a little BS..