Thunderdefender RIP.

Yabadabadont

Just to let people who knew her know the sad news that Thuderdefender / Forstaron / and many other alts, has passed away. At 16 years old this is no age to be taken. Thunder's sister/brother just gave us the bad news today, by logging in to Forstaron and asking for an invite back to the guild she originally created. It seems Thunder made a wish list, one of those was that her brother/sister played SWTOR and became Guild leader of the guild.

Some people, at first, were a bit wary of this news. Some thought, myself included, that it was just a ruse to get out of paying a guild member the 750k still owed from the artefact authorisation on the cartel market, but then we came to our senses and figured no one would be that sadistic.

So to the other guild she was playing in, we say, we feel your pain and when you play with Thunder or Forstaron in game now, please be gentle, they are hurting. RIP Thunder.

Such a loss... a dedicated guild leader. I have been in the guild for a good couple of months, and only seen him a couple of times in there, but seen him many times in other guilds. Maybe we should honor his dying wish to give the guild leadership to his "brother", after we teach him how to play the game. I m... so... how can I say? ... devastated at the news. Edited by Chi_Qwan

Ok, not to be THAT guy, but faking one's death on the internet and pretending to return as someone else is not exactly a new thing.

this

aaaaand why people feel the need to post these stuff on a games forum seriously.............

So, this individuals dying wish was that his brother run a SWTOR guild? Lol, only on the internet can you find such nuggets, and the people that consume them.

I respectfully raise the B.S. Flag.

<salute>

Edited by Klarick

So, this individuals dying wish was that his brother run a SWTOR guild? Lol, only on the internet can you find such nuggets, and the people that consume them.

I respectfully raise the B.S. Flag.

<salute>

To be fair it's just highly unlikely to be true. Very, very unlikely. Very, very, very unlikely. Y'know, the more i think about it the more i agree with you...

Carry on.

I remember once when a person in my WoW guild passed away. We found via his mother linking us to the obituary.

And we were the last to know. Only reason she told us was that he loved the game and the guild.

seriously....think about this....a person dies...then their "brother" logs in to say "Oh their last wish was for me to run the guild"

If "she" was 16 and if its an older brother who it seems from your statement sounds like never played SWTOR...why the hell would that even be something to think about at that time.

Its the same thing if its a younger brother.

Best thing to do is ask the questions such as, How, When, Where. When is the viewing, where should we send flowers..etc.

To be fair it's just highly unlikely to be true. Very, very unlikely. Very, very, very unlikely. Y'know, the more i think about it the more i agree with you...

Carry on.

Occams (Ockham) Razor states that the simplest answer is most often the correct answer. Also stated as Keep It Simple, Stupid (The KISS Principle).

In this case, it simply did not happen.

Edited by Klarick

Not going dip my feels into this until I have all the facts.

I don't want to sound cold but this is the internet....and while I realize gamers can die because in the end we're all human and that unfortunate hour could be upon us at any time, I've also had the unfortunate experience of being, well, trolled with this exact same situation.

Regardless, if its true, my utmost and sincere condolences. Truly.

Occams (Ockham) Razor states that the simplest answer is most often the correct answer. Also stated as Keep It Simple, Stupid (The KISS Principle).

In this case, it simply did not happen.

As someone who is dedicated to Ockham's Razor and has studied this principle to the max (scientifically as well as in private life), I have to say that your conclusion is wrong.

We have absolutely no indicators whatsoever about the topic except one post on an internet forum.

The conclusion therefore is that we cannot have the answer yet. No need to draw any assumptions. More information is needed.

That it did not happen is not the simplest answer if you apply Ockham's razor theory. (Yet.)

P. S. Off-topic: If there are any The Mentalist fans out here, you can find my conclusion about the Red John plot according to Ockham's razor theory online in the according forums (if they are still there). Quite a read (but completely wrong if you take the actual solution of the series as correct). ;)

As someone who is dedicated to Ockham's Razor and has studied this principle to the max (scientifically as well as in private life), I have to say that your conclusion is wrong.

We have absolutely no indicators whatsoever about the topic except one post on an internet forum.

The conclusion therefore is that we cannot have the answer yet. No need to draw any assumptions. More information is needed.

That it did not happen is not the simplest answer if you apply Ockham's razor theory. (Yet.)

P. S. Off-topic: If there are any The Mentalist fans out here, you can find my conclusion about the Red John plot according to Ockham's razor theory online in the according forums (if they are still there). Quite a read (but completely wrong if you take the actual solution of the series as correct). ;)

Being a 'The Mentalist' fan, if you could post that link (since I don't know if its in an off-topic thread or elsewhere outside this site), I would appreciate it.

If this is a ruse, one way to tell is to keep an eye on spelling patterns and typing mannerisms in chat. I've seen situations like this and the 'sibling' always miraculously managed to make the same spelling mistakes and use the same smilies...

Also is this a guild that never uses voice chat? To keep it going, this person would always have to use their sibling whenever voice chat is required.

I was going to refrain from adding anymore to this post, but I guess there are issues that have to be addressed about the situation.

1) We have had vent for sometime now, not everyone is on there just the regular active members, and the ex-gm always made the excuse that they had no mic and couldn't afford one and wanted to spend the money on "other things" Sure if you live in a third world country its understandable, but can't buy a mic for £5-10 in the EU, come on.

2) When the news was given to us by his sibling the news came in the form of "Well I wish she was still here... something terrible has happened... I don't know how to say... but... " So many ... throughout the whole conversation, nobody bloody types like that unless they are typing a suspense novel.

3) And here is the "omg you so fraked up" The person died on a monday, but miraculously logged in and had a conversation with the new gm about the future of the guild on the friday and about a week later we get the news. Now thats some JC miracle right there.

I think the intention of the OP was to expose this person and anyone who knows them can be wary about interacting with them in the future and to let that person know that we haven't fallen for their BS

Edited by Chi_Qwan

Back in SWG, I remember this guy that died after his wife found out he was cheating on her with a chick that played from my guild. He went away to see her for a weekend...but on his way back, he died in a terrible car accident. His distraught wife even came into out Vent at the time and sold the story good.

Like 6 moths later, he started posting on the forums again...

RIP Jenner Knight :D

My condolences to the family and friends and players who knew this young woman.

That said... I think it was a very bad idea to put this in General Discussion, or the forums at all for that matter. Trolls will be trolls and people are cruel on the internet. In the future I would recommend a slightly less public form of communication. A guild website or even just an in-game Guild Message would have been significantly more appropriate.

At the end of the day, the bulk of the people that read and reply to this topic, don't know this person and likely don't care and many of them will not hesitate to reply in some manner that is lacking in tact and/or class. With that in mind, think of how the brother might feel if he were to come to this forum and read the comments.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.