The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New class changes 2.10

Neoforcer

Now they give the only thing unique to those classes to sorcs. They want to give them the ability to escape. So now commandos and mercs are the only ones without the true ability to escape. Don't even mention HO, it's too easy to negate.

Real it in there buddy, your perspective is far too skewed. Their is a big difference between hindered effect and electornet, it's not even on the same level. For one the hinder effect won't last nearly as long (most likely just a few secs like most added cc abilities). Secondly you can negate force speed the same way can negate HO.

Edited by TezMoney

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Explosive Probe's base cooldown has been reduced to 18 seconds (down from 30 seconds).

Explosive Probe's damage has been reduced by 11%.

Looks like a pretty significant buff to me for all specs. However, it's clearly a PvE change since survivability is what the DPS ACs need in PvP.

Engineering

Imperial Auto Loader now reduces the Energy cost of Snipe by 2/4/6 Energy, in addition to its other effects.

A target can now only be impacted by a maximum of 2 Scatter Bombs per Covered Escape. Damage per Bomb has been increased by 50%.

Plasma Probe has been redesigned!

Plasma Probe no longer has a cooldown. An Engineer can only have one Plasma Probe deployed at a time.

Damage is now distributed evenly throughout the Probe’s duration, and is dealt every 1 second.

Overall damage dealt by the Probe has been increased by 22%

A target under the effect of Interrogation Probe who is hit by any Plasma Probe damage (not just the initial strike) is now stunned. A target can only be stunned once every 18 seconds.

The above is interesting. Most of the changes look to buff Engineering pretty significantly for PvE. However, the redesign to Plasma Proble, namely the damage buff and zero cooldown, will go a long way to making that skill more effective in PvP. One thing that would drive me insane on my Sniper is that once I dropped a probe, peeps could just easily migrate away from it. Now my Sniper will have more flexibility and be able to redrop the probe at will. The AOE potential could be very significant in Arenas.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Looks like a pretty significant buff to me for all specs. However, it's clearly a PvE change since survivability is what the DPS ACs need in PvP.

The above is interesting. Most of the changes look to buff Engineering pretty significantly for PvE. However, the redesign to Plasma Proble, namely the damage buff and zero cooldown, will go a long way to making that skill more effective in PvP. One thing that would drive me insane on my Sniper is that once I dropped a probe, peeps could just easily migrate away from it. Now my Sniper will have more flexibility and be able to redrop the probe at will. The AOE potential could be very significant in Arenas.

Or right when you drop it, your teammate does an AOE kb. Yay.

Also this part

A target can only be stunned once every 18 seconds.

Anyone else think this could be good for all hard stuns? Like replace resolve with it?

Nhilas disagrees with you as he is the best group ranked commando healer on the server. You mentioned all forms of ranked which includes grouped ranked as well, hence my rebuttal to your argument. In yolo you are correct, mandos are not the best. However, who needs mandos in yolo when you have 4 juggs or 2 juggs, 2 powertechs? No need for heals!
I have already been over this debate with Nhilas and while i respect his skills as a healer 100% and value his opinions i still think commandos are viable while Scoundrels are BiS as a healer for group ranked. I will repeat, healing as mando is second best while sorcs are having a very hard time in group ranked. And scouperatives are still best. With the healing debate out of the way, what about the two dps specs? The arguments i can line up is massive and yet they have all been said a million times.

The dps specs are super squishy and lack ability to return fire when even pressured a little. And yes i know about tech override etc, no need to mention my own ability to attack back once or twice every 45 seconds.

I might even go so far as to say that our delivery of dps is now on the verge of being quite ok, but our defences are very much lacking.

This game is right now too melee heavy, never saw an mmo, where a melee class with just one button can leap to you, root you and interrupt your casting. Thats enough, and arenas are even more melee heavy due to the nature of the skirmish. I need all my cds to have any chances with melee player.

My list of uselessconcepts:

1. Melee root on a ranged class in a game where every melee toots you with pretty much everything? So basicly u need to use HO or HTL immediately after you root, else you will stand next to him roteted. Imho pointless.

2. no leap protection like snipers makes you an easy target for every monkeyleaper in this game, especialy for vengence juggs, and you cant push them away, u cant stun them, you cant run casue of insta root with master strike etc. Lol Srsly? who designed this, did the devs play some melee classes in the past and got destroyed by ranged all the time?

3. No ability to do dmg when under heavy fire. 1.5 sec cast for Grav R. or Tracer takes like forever, when you have melee on your back bashing you with instants.

4. no escape ability, or antifocus ability makes you the best target in arenas.

5. Awful shared tree with lots of useless talents.

6. 2 min cooldown on 12 sec 25% dmg reduction? wow

7. Heavy armor which is basicly nothing more than maybe 5% more dmg reduction in a wz with bolster

And many more...

And still zero changes, casue we are overpowerd, self heals and heavy armor.

Edited by szczypaczek

This game is right now too melee heavy, never saw an mmo, where a melee class with just one button can leap to you, root you and interrupt your casting. Thats enough, and arenas are even more melee heavy due to the nature of the skirmish. I need all my cds to have any chances with melee player.

My list of uselessconcepts:

1. Melee root on a ranged class in a game where every melee toots you with pretty much everything? So basicly u need to use HO or HTL immediately after you root, else you will stand next to him roteted. Imho pointless.

2. no leap protection like snipers makes you an easy target for every monkeyleaper in this game, especialy for vengence juggs, and you cant push them away, u cant stun them, you cant run casue of insta root with master strike etc. Lol Srsly? who designed this, did the devs play some melee classes in the past and got destroyed by ranged all the time?

3. No ability to do dmg when under heavy fire. 1.5 sec cast for Grav R. or Tracer takes like forever, when you have melee on your back bashing you with instants.

4. no escape ability, or antifocus ability makes you the best target in arenas.

5. Awful shared tree with lots of useless talents.

6. 2 min cooldown on 12 sec 25% dmg reduction? wow

7. Heavy armor which is basicly nothing more than maybe 5% more dmg reduction in a wz with bolster

And many more...

And still zero changes, casue we are overpowerd, self heals and heavy armor.

Well really 1 and 2 are the same complaint. I'm not sure what the issue is here, their leap is on a CD just like your HTL.

3. rocket punch, flame thrower, unload, missle blast, 2 instances on 1 min cd, jet boost... what?

4. Electronet + knockback/HTL is your escape, but we could use another I agree. However according to your first 2 points it wouldn't matter.

5. You think pyro merc (sorry don't know the pub version) sucks?

6. Incredibly effective if coupled with heals and if you're middle tree then you probably got the interrupt immunity, yes?

7. So you wanna armor buff for a dps class, or you think 5% dmg reduction is pointless? I don't get it.

and many more... most of which probably aren't valid outside a 3 v 1 scenario.

The Sabotage Charge change is a nerf for all smuggler specs, except Saboteur and Hybrid slinger (not sure about Scrapper). The damage goes down 11%, but the energy cost is too prohibitive to use on cooldown most of the time even on live with the 30 second cooldown. If Sharpshooter, Dirty Fighting Gunslinger or Scoundrel were to use it every 18 seconds they would run out of energy. So basically we get the same usage at 11% less damage. This change is aimed solely for Saboteur, but at the same time it makes Hybrid op.

Tell me smdy is there some point to be in deception after this change in season 3? Especially solo ranked. Open burst nerfed, still lowest sustained, still most rng-ed. If they nerf burst and increase sustained and reduce rng i will agree, but this.... Edited by helpmewin

Tell me smdy is there some point to be in deception after this change in season 3? Especially solo ranked. Open burst nerfed, still lowest sustained, still most rng-ed. If they nerf burst and increase sustained and reduce rng i will agree, but this....

Nope, deception is dead. Move onto madness or delete your assassin.

Considering how good madness is at the moment, no reason to play a nerfed deception, at all. Unless you fight against mercs and vanguards only, then spec deception.

Ob, you know i am a bad shadow, and also i just started experimenting with balance like a few weeks ago, but just to find TTK in balance to be not much higher than infil in live....

Atm Balance already seems the way to go. With that nerf infil, is for once actually worse than concealment :p

Well I got on the PTS to try out deception. Opening with discharge obviously wont be a thing anymore, unless you are ok with 4k crits. I don't like opening with spike but thats going to be the better option now. With that said....static charges build faster than I thought it would....it almost seems unintentional. I did like 4 discharges in a row in a matter of seconds....so thats a plus. Doesn't hit as hard without recklessness obviously but still. I'll probably still go to madness or go tank as the opener is pretty much bleh now, but it will certainly have more sustained dps now. Edited by Raansu

Ugh... more mara nerfs (covered up by some QoL stuff).

What nerf? AE-Hampered to every sprinting (default gettaway) Heal-Sorc. Hampered => no Camo => Rooted/Slowed... yey @ even more CC vulnerability.

Or as a random mara in a warzone said yesterday: That's it, I'm going back to Pyro.

Ugh... more mara nerfs (covered up by some QoL stuff).

What nerf? AE-Hampered to every sprinting (default gettaway) Heal-Sorc. Hampered => no Camo => Rooted/Slowed... yey @ even more CC vulnerability.

Or as a random mara in a warzone said yesterday: That's it, I'm going back to Pyro.

Ya that needs to go....I was ok with it before, but with the new suggested buffs combined with this hindered effect? Ya know, that needs to be taken away.

Ya that needs to go....I was ok with it before, but with the new suggested buffs combined with this hindered effect? Ya know, that needs to be taken away.

I'd prefer that the changes are at least tried out before they are decided as OP :)

The changes do let sorcerers establish themselves as a more offensive healer than an Operative, with a different toolset.

Perhaps changes like this are good as they do allow the classes to differentiate themselves from each other.

now though, Im not a fan of giving DPS sorcs more armor, instant self heals from benevolence. The no GCD on Preservation is fine imo

(if you've played against my TK Sage before in group 4v4, Im pretty certain you don't want me gaining extra survivability.)

edit:

TK sage already has the absolute best Kiting ability in the game for melee.

In fact, TK Sage in group 4v4 does best when playing against two melee as you are able to create more uptime windows, and you really only need ~4s of uptime to nuke someone down into the sub 30% range by yourself. As well as that TK has more CC usable on demand in a meaningful way than any other spec. I'd prefer not to buff DPS Sorcs even more, and the combination of great off healing, increased armor, and no GCD NS + 4pc PvP makes it very attractive from a madness sorc pov as well as TK

Edited by Treblt