Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Fist of the Empire vs the Confederacy

Beniboybling

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true. We'll be fair, just as we were with Silenceo. Though I hope things don't end up like that match.

I think you were a little TOO fair with my match... Granted, all or at least most of the points for Warren that would have been posted with more support, got brought up anyways. However, it seemed like there was just so much overwhelming support, I was suffocating. Other than that, I have to ask, what was wrong with that match? I can name a few things, but I just want to see what it is you see. :p

As for the next match... You got this Karadron! A relatively "Newby" Jedi Knight took down Viatiate, so you can take down this one as well! I eh, will not be lending you any Dark Troopers though... You couldn't afford the interest...

I think you were a little TOO fair with my match... Granted, all or at least most of the points for Warren that would have been posted with more support, got brought up anyways. However, it seemed like there was just so much overwhelming support, I was suffocating. Other than that, I have to ask, what was wrong with that match? I can name a few things, but I just want to see what it is you see. :p

Too imbalanced debaters-wise. Few, if any, sided with Warren's faction. I probably would have had I done my Vong research earlier.

So many lols. :D

Dark Troopers aren't cheap man... They cost quite a few pretty pennies!

Not to mention the paper work to file... I think I will give the Dark Troopers who are organic the week off during that match... :D

As for the lols, I was expecting more!

Side Note: Hypothetically, and I am not saying this is too likely, what would happen if Warren was the winner of the Losers Bracket and so got an honorary chance to challenge the winner of the winners bracket...but it was the IDD? Would it merely be on different battleground, or would it be completely unnecessary? Or would the new facts we found drive for the match to go forward? Not saying the IDD will make it that far, just curious what the contingency is. :D

Edited by Silenceo

Dark Troopers aren't cheap man... They cost quite a few pretty pennies!

Not to mention the paper work to file... I think I will give the Dark Troopers who are organic the week off during that match... :D

As for the lols, I was expecting more!

Dark Troopers are all droids....unless you talking about Stormtroopers using them as exoskeletons.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Dark Troopers are all droids....unless you talking about Stormtroopers using them as exoskeletons.

If I remember right, at least a few of the PIII's had organic pilots since they were likely the ones that guarded Jerec. Or something along those lines. All PII's and PI's were droids.

Even then, the majority of the PIII's were likely droids. We never really were too specific in that portion... If no other reason, so there is more than just 2 living beings sent down to the planet to stop an entire war from erupting. :p

As for the next match... You got this Karadron! A relatively "Newby" Jedi Knight took down Viatiate, so you can take down this one as well! I eh, will not be lending you any Dark Troopers though... You couldn't afford the interest...

The main issue with Warren's match was that she was completely and utterly ganged up upon and outnumbered. Of course, that isn't your fault. Not in the least. However, the fact that the Kaggath ended in her having a not-so-fun experience is sad. That is, after all, the point of the Kaggath. To have fun.

Plus she's my girl. We are best friends/married/M'lady & Assassin. If anyone messes with her, you die.

I apologize for my ranting during the argument. between the IDD and the EoP. I have like 4 things in the Lore that I can't stand; Traviss and the Mary Sue-dalorians; Revan (Lord and Savior of Star Wars); Yuuzhan (we're like you, but better, in every way); and anyone who doesn't love Christopher Lee and Darth Tyr-Awesome.

I apologize for my ranting during the argument. between the IDD and the EoP. I have like 4 things in the Lore that I can't stand; Traviss and the Mary Sue-dalorians; Revan (Lord and Savior of Star Wars); Yuuzhan (we're like you, but better, in every way); and anyone who doesn't love Christopher Lee and Darth Tyr-Awesome.

As President of the Darth Tyranus Fan Club, I approve of this post.

*Stamps approval*

OK, I'm going to go ahead and post my plan for the ground battle.

I should first briefly remind everyone what my future space plans are. Kilran and a portion of the fleet will leave the planet's orbit and lurk on the edge of the system. Imperial Intelligence will leak that they are attacking one of the CICs planets, which will delay the fleet and potentially open up some defection arguments. When the CIC fleet returns for some hit and run, Kilran's fleet will jump in on top of them, nullifying their range and obliterating their smaller ships.

So with that out of the way, here's some battle plans.

The ruse:

The Fist forces will marshal and march across the desert for Jabba's Palace. These forces will be led by General Veers, and guarded by two Annihilator Droids. It is likely that the CIC will attempt to ambush the Fist's forces, but this is very difficult to do. Remember that the F9s can only stealth for 15 minutes, and the AT-STs possess 360 degree holographic maps of their surroundings, which virtually eliminates the element of surprise (a key component in ambushes). The only way the CIC can actually ambush the Fist army is to appear right on top of them, but doing so would leave them heavily outnumbered and surrounded. Thus, it is my opinion that ambushes will not be very effective.

There are, however, the AT-APs to consider. However, as I pointed out already, they will be eliminated once the Fist's vehicles get into their own range.

Next we have the stealth transports. After the CICs ambush fails, the Fist troops can commandeer the stealth transports to sneak up on Jabba’s Palace, sending the vehicles on a different path to distract the CICs armies.

Once the transports reach the Palace, the troops will unload and attack the Palace. But the march and attack is a ruse, a distraction for the true attack.

Infiltration:

The true goal is to infiltrate Jabba’s Palace and perform espionage and, eventually, assassination. It was argued that CIC forces would infiltrate Mos Eisley through the underground tunnel between Jabba’s Palace and Mos Eisley. Thanks to the sensor tech and various spies placed by Imperial Intelligence, this road will be located. It will then be used by a squad of agents led by Asajj Ventress (all decked out in stealth tech) to infiltrate the Palace.

Once they reach the Palace, agents will use short range transmitters to upload viruses to droid guards, and Asajj Ventress will move to assassinate Xizor. The droids will be used as the perfect distraction for the expert assassin of Count Dooku.

But this is not the only plan the Fist will use. There is one other, which I will detail next.

Eliminating reinforcements:

It’s almost a certainty that the Fist will be able to implement a virus in the CICs droid reinforcements. It is also obvious that the Fist will be blockading the planet. So how does the CIC get ‘their’ droids to the planet’s surface? Well, I’ll tell you. The operatives of Imperial Intelligence will plant tracking devices on the transports shipping the droids to Tatooine. The Fist blockade will receive the transmission and perform a mock attack on the transport. They will purposefully miss the transport and fake a tractor beam malfunction, allowing the transport(s) to get past.

If the CIC fleet attacks to distract the Fist fleet, then that will make it easier to let the transport past (don’t forget Kilran’s trap, too).

So now that the CICs new droids have arrived on the planet, Xizor will no doubt want to put them to use. For instance, let’s say that the Fist army has begun seizing the Palace and Ventress’ strike team has gotten into the Palace. Xizor will no doubt want to send many of the droids to the fight, but once these droids come online, they will turn their guns on Xizor and blow him to smithereens!

So those are my battle plans. Sorry I was a bit late on the post, but better late than never.

However, the fact that the Kaggath ended in her having a not-so-fun experience is sad. That is, after all, the point of the Kaggath. To have fun.

Plus she's my girl. We are best friends/married/M'lady & Assassin. If anyone messes with her, you die.

I consider myself a pretty self-aware person. And in all honesty, I think the reason I didn't have the best experience is because I was taking things a bit too personally. Looking back on it, it was a fun match, and overall a great pairing, for story especially.

P.S. You're the best

Is there like.... a forum romance? Not bromance, not flitationship, not showmance, like.... forumance? Yeah, Canino and I have a forumance. In a purely platonic way. :p

Edited by Warren-Stride