Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Fist of the Empire vs the Confederacy

Beniboybling

The ruse:

The Fist forces will marshal and march across the desert for Jabba's Palace. These forces will be led by General Veers, and guarded by two Annihilator Droids. It is likely that the CIC will attempt to ambush the Fist's forces, but this is very difficult to do. Remember that the F9s can only stealth for 15 minutes, and the AT-STs possess 360 degree holographic maps of their surroundings, which virtually eliminates the element of surprise (a key component in ambushes). The only way the CIC can actually ambush the Fist army is to appear right on top of them, but doing so would leave them heavily outnumbered and surrounded. Thus, it is my opinion that ambushes will not be very effective.

There are, however, the AT-APs to consider. However, as I pointed out already, they will be eliminated once the Fist's vehicles get into their own range.

Next we have the stealth transports. After the CICs ambush fails, the Fist troops can commandeer the stealth transports to sneak up on Jabba’s Palace, sending the vehicles on a different path to distract the CICs armies.

Once the transports reach the Palace, the troops will unload and attack the Palace. But the march and attack is a ruse, a distraction for the true attack.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but Sand Rot is a disease many people contract when they are exposed to Tatooine's desert for long periods of time. A march through the desert would undoubtedly result in Fist forces growing physically and mentally weak, unstable due to coughing, and a loss of feeling in their fingers and hands, making their use of blasters pretty much zero and lightsaber work dangerously clumsy.

Sand Rot is treatable.... if you stop and set up camp for medics to treat the patients. Which would be a great time for an ambush.

Also, ambushes are not effective because of the element of surprise. Although that helps, ambushes are effective because the ambushing side has the tactical and geological advantage over the other side. For example, just because AT-STs know the terrain, that doesn't mean that they'll be able to easily position their blaster turret upwards if the CIC attacks from a cliff on the side of a canyon.

Ambushes aren't even strictly necessary. The stealth transports could easily fly right over the Fist's marching troops, open the bay doors and rain down explosives. If it's shot down, so what? All of the explosives will still, well, explode. Using the stealth transports for bomb dropping seems more effective to me than a straight-up ambush.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU'RE BACK!

And with a new job no less. Sounds fun! I've missed my partner in crime. We have so much to talk about :D:D

That's a good point, as well. I also think that a "ruse" like that would fail. Miserably. Not to mention my past posts about the desert, I think we need to remember the distance here. That's a lot of ground to cover while marching through the desert.

And forget using your AT-ST's and transports. Note the plateau that will provide an amazing location for my AT-TE's and Annihilator droids.

I'll finish the rest of your post soon, and then post mine.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but Sand Rot is a disease many people contract when they are exposed to Tatooine's desert for long periods of time. A march through the desert would undoubtedly result in Fist forces growing physically and mentally weak, unstable due to coughing, and a loss of feeling in their fingers and hands, making their use of blasters pretty much zero and lightsaber work dangerously clumsy.

Sand Rot is treatable.... if you stop and set up camp for medics to treat the patients. Which would be a great time for an ambush.

Also, ambushes are not effective because of the element of surprise. Although that helps, ambushes are effective because the ambushing side has the tactical and geological advantage over the other side. For example, just because AT-STs know the terrain, that doesn't mean that they'll be able to easily position their blaster turret upwards if the CIC attacks from a cliff on the side of a canyon.

Ambushes aren't even strictly necessary. The stealth transports could easily fly right over the Fist's marching troops, open the bay doors and rain down explosives. If it's shot down, so what? All of the explosives will still, well, explode. Using the stealth transports for bomb dropping seems more effective to me than a straight-up ambush.

How're they getting sand rot when inside transports?

The F9s can fly? I thought their repulsors just lifted them off the ground a few feet.

YOU'RE BACK!

And with a new job no less. Sounds fun! I've missed my partner in crime. We have so much to talk about :D:D

That's a good point, as well. I also think that a "ruse" like that would fail. Miserably. Not to mention my past posts about the desert, I think we need to remember the distance here. That's a lot of ground to cover while marching through the desert.

And forget using your AT-ST's and transports. Note the plateau that will provide an amazing location for my AT-TE's and Annihilator droids.

I'll finish the rest of your post soon, and then post mine.

Your non-existent AT-TEs and traitorous Annihilator droids? Yeah, that'll destroy my army. :p

OK, I'm going to go ahead and post my plan for the ground battle.

I should first briefly remind everyone what my future space plans are. Kilran and a portion of the fleet will leave the planet's orbit and lurk on the edge of the system. Imperial Intelligence will leak that they are attacking one of the CICs planets, which will delay the fleet and potentially open up some defection arguments. When the CIC fleet returns for some hit and run, Kilran's fleet will jump in on top of them, nullifying their range and obliterating their smaller ships.

So with that out of the way, here's some battle plans.

Why, exactly, wouldn't the CIC call the Colicoids and ask if they needed assistance? It's not like they can't, and that would save fuel, and resources. And let's not forget Black Sun operatives will be on the planet regardless to make sure everything is going to plan.

The ruse:

The Fist forces will marshal and march across the desert for Jabba's Palace. These forces will be led by General Veers, and guarded by two Annihilator Droids. It is likely that the CIC will attempt to ambush the Fist's forces, but this is very difficult to do. Remember that the F9s can only stealth for 15 minutes, and the AT-STs possess 360 degree holographic maps of their surroundings, which virtually eliminates the element of surprise (a key component in ambushes). The only way the CIC can actually ambush the Fist army is to appear right on top of them, but doing so would leave them heavily outnumbered and surrounded. Thus, it is my opinion that ambushes will not be very effective.

There are, however, the AT-APs to consider. However, as I pointed out already, they will be eliminated once the Fist's vehicles get into their own range.

Next we have the stealth transports. After the CICs ambush fails, the Fist troops can commandeer the stealth transports to sneak up on Jabba’s Palace, sending the vehicles on a different path to distract the CICs armies.

Once the transports reach the Palace, the troops will unload and attack the Palace. But the march and attack is a ruse, a distraction for the true attack.

I did this one already.

Infiltration:

The true goal is to infiltrate Jabba’s Palace and perform espionage and, eventually, assassination. It was argued that CIC forces would infiltrate Mos Eisley through the underground tunnel between Jabba’s Palace and Mos Eisley. Thanks to the sensor tech and various spies placed by Imperial Intelligence, this road will be located. It will then be used by a squad of agents led by Asajj Ventress (all decked out in stealth tech) to infiltrate the Palace.

Once they reach the Palace, agents will use short range transmitters to upload viruses to droid guards, and Asajj Ventress will move to assassinate Xizor. The droids will be used as the perfect distraction for the expert assassin of Count Dooku.

But this is not the only plan the Fist will use. There is one other, which I will detail next.

Jammer tech will ruin any chances of finding the road. Disabling sensors, and making all communication impossible for the Fist. This would also hurt the "ruse", as they would be working blind, and with no chance of extraction and assistance. Jammers will also prevent any sort of transmission from occurring.

And how exactly are the SI going to find it? Only droids will be using it, and they will never reveal that.

Eliminating reinforcements:

It’s almost a certainty that the Fist will be able to implement a virus in the CICs droid reinforcements. It is also obvious that the Fist will be blockading the planet. So how does the CIC get ‘their’ droids to the planet’s surface? Well, I’ll tell you. The operatives of Imperial Intelligence will plant tracking devices on the transports shipping the droids to Tatooine. The Fist blockade will receive the transmission and perform a mock attack on the transport. They will purposefully miss the transport and fake a tractor beam malfunction, allowing the transport(s) to get past.

If the CIC fleet attacks to distract the Fist fleet, then that will make it easier to let the transport past (don’t forget Kilran’s trap, too).

So now that the CICs new droids have arrived on the planet, Xizor will no doubt want to put them to use. For instance, let’s say that the Fist army has begun seizing the Palace and Ventress’ strike team has gotten into the Palace. Xizor will no doubt want to send many of the droids to the fight, but once these droids come online, they will turn their guns on Xizor and blow him to smithereens!

Almost a certainty? Yeah, no. Unless you have come up with a way to save the Trade Federation from Guri. Which no one has done yet, so I think it is safe to say the Trade Federation will belong to the CIC form very early on. And how will droids be coming? I'll give you a hint: spacers hate blockades.

Why, exactly, wouldn't the CIC call the Colicoids and ask if they needed assistance? It's not like they can't, and that would save fuel, and resources. And let's not forget Black Sun operatives will be on the planet regardless to make sure everything is going to plan.

It doesn't matter if they call the Colicoids. The thing is that the fleet is moving to either one of your planets, and simply calling them isn't going to change anything. There's a little thing called travel time you're forgetting. And if the Colicoids give the all clear, then they will assume that they are going for Nar Shaddaa, which they really should defend.

I did this one already.

You actually didn't. You said a non-existent unit and potentially hacked unit would stop them. That's not a suitable argument in my book.

I'd also like to make it clear that the Fist will be marching on the high ground. There is no way a brilliant tactician like Veers would put his forces in such a vulnerable position.

Jammer tech will ruin any chances of finding the road. Disabling sensors, and making all communication impossible for the Fist. This would also hurt the "ruse", as they would be working blind, and with no chance of extraction and assistance. Jammers will also prevent any sort of transmission from occurring.

And how exactly are the SI going to find it? Only droids will be using it, and they will never reveal that.

So there's no way agents around Mos Eisley won't see those droids coming in, because jammers? The jammers are going to blind their eyesight? No, wait, you have jammers in Mos Eisley, don't you? How'd you manage that? Did they just spawn there? Because 'pirates' right?

I'm being satirical, yes, but I'm just pointing out some things to consider.

Almost a certainty? Yeah, no. Unless you have come up with a way to save the Trade Federation from Guri. Which no one has done yet, so I think it is safe to say the Trade Federation will belong to the CIC form very early on. And how will droids be coming? I'll give you a hint: spacers hate blockades.

The Trade Federation was only part 1, and removing them won't prevent part 2 from occurring. I still have Imperial Intelligence.

And, yes, I know spacers hate blockades. I know they'll try to break the blockade, that's the whole point. They'll let the hacked droids through, and use tractor beams to prevent the rest from getting to the planet's surface.

Edit: And if Guri is coming for the Trade Federation, I hope her and her goons can defeat an army of battle droids and Neimoidian Guards, because that's what they'll have to deal with.

Edited by Aurbere

How're they getting sand rot when inside transports?

The F9s can fly? I thought their repulsors just lifted them off the ground a few feet.

Oh that's right, there was a big to-do about you getting transports. When you said "marching" through the desert, I went with it. Yeah, it's still kinda lame that you get transports, no offense. Kinda makes a battle on Tatooine a LOT less cool. Personally, I think you should have gotten dewbacks and had to make due.

I mixed up the F9 and that other flying transport from Forces of Corruption. But even if the thing just zooms up close and a droid inside makes it go BOOM that's no big deal. Canino's got 51 of them, two blowing up a caravan of Fist troops (including Sith Warriors) be be faaaar beyond worth the sacrifice.

Oh that's right, there was a big to-do about you getting transports. When you said "marching" through the desert, I went with it. Yeah, it's still kinda lame that you get transports, no offense. Kinda makes a battle on Tatooine a LOT less cool. Personally, I think you should have gotten dewbacks and had to make due.

I mixed up the F9 and that other flying transport from Forces of Corruption. But even if the thing just zooms up close and a droid inside makes it go BOOM that's no big deal. Canino's got 51 of them, two blowing up a caravan of Fist troops (including Sith Warriors) be be faaaar beyond worth the sacrifice.

It's illogical to make troops march across the desert without transportation. It's like putting Stormies on Hoth without their Snowtrooper armor or any transports. They are guaranteed to die from the elements alone. That's not a fight. There is also the rule that makes clear that troops are given the necessary tools to survive the environment. The aforementioned armor being one of them.

The transports will be staggered, and those F9s are big and less than maneuverable. They won't be able to penetrate the formation without hitting something.

Bear in mind that they cannot just sidle up to Jabba's Palace and drop off forces.

However you give me an idea, once the Confederacy become aware of the AT-ST's range they can employ decoys. Have a group of transports approach the enemy, one half stealthed, and the other not stealthed. Once they get in range and they can be sure they enemy has detected them have the non stealthed stealth and the stealthed unstealth, they'll like pass off the change in formation as a blip and will concentrate on the decoys, which will be empty, while the other stealthed vessels, packed with troops, exploit the 15 minute window to attack from another angle.

TBH this could be used to deceive the enemy in all kinds of ways, for example they could just charge them with unstealthed transport and just before they get in range have them cloak then off load onto the weakest flank.

It's illogical to make troops march across the desert without transportation. It's like putting Stormies on Hoth without their Snowtrooper armor or any transports. They are guaranteed to die from the elements alone. That's not a fight. There is also the rule that makes clear that troops are given the necessary tools to survive the environment. The aforementioned armor being one of them.

The transports will be staggered, and those F9s are big and less than maneuverable. They won't be able to penetrate the formation without hitting something.

If I remember it still wasnt easy for them to wage a war like that. It sand still slowed down their troop deployment and could still cause equipment malfunctions which meant resupply had to be a bit more common, but I am pretty sure that was the case with all troops on Tatooine. The Desert was not a friendly place.

If the transports are staggered, (I'm not sure what you mean by that but I'm assuming spread out) that makes hit and run tactics a LOT easier. Which is why the transports are usually close together, in a caravan, to prevent that from happening. Would Veers really stray from that time-tested strategy?

Honestly, the transports don't even need to do the blowing up. Just release a dozen Commando droids, which easily dodge the clumsy transport fire, and have them stick all the transports with cemtex or themal detonators.

Actually, I kinda like the transport thing. Makes it much easier to kill large quantities of enemy troops without having to worry about each one's skills. Especially if the Sith are in there. They're sitting ducks.

Bear in mind that they cannot just sidle up to Jabba's Palace and drop off forces.

However you give me an idea, once the Confederacy become aware of the AT-ST's range they can employ decoys. Have a group of transports approach the enemy, one half stealthed, and the other not stealthed. Once they get in range and they can be sure they enemy has detected them have the non stealthed stealth and the stealthed unstealth, they'll like pass off the change in formation as a blip and will concentrate on the decoys, which will be empty, while the other stealthed vessels, packed with troops, exploit the 15 minute window to attack from another angle.

TBH this could be used to deceive the enemy in all kinds of ways, for example they could just charge them with unstealthed transport and just before they get in range have them cloak then off load onto the weakest flank.

I don't see that working. Although it would be hilarious seeing those transports charge the Fist army. Anyway...

It's not like those transports are hard to take down. One Hailfire missile will do it. At best it will distract them for two or three minutes.

Alright, the main battle plan.

Ambush

The Fist is going to start of the on the offensive. There forces are not equipped enough to fight a battle of attrition on the desert planet, especially against a droid army. They need to strike hard and fast. However, this will not happen.

Strategically using the plateau that separates the Palace and Mos Eisley , the CIC will position AT-AP's to destroy any walkers or transports with mass driver cannons. Ripping through the walkers and obliterating all transports. Obviously, though, the Fist army will not all come at once. Stragglers will be flanked by F9's. F9's will also be key to ambushes away from the plateau.

Trade Federation

Simultaneously, Guri will embark to Cato Neimoidia. Once there, she will infiltrate her way to the head of the company, capturing them, or killing them at her digression. Neimodians, renound as greedy cowards will instantly turn sides when faced with death. Black Sun agents would arrive soon after, holding those captured while Guri returns to Tatooine.

This will also negate any transmissions or viruses being sent out. In fact, the CIC may be able to utilize this against the Fist.

Jammers

Jammers will be brought in from the black market. And these is how they get to Tatooine.

Kayson’s Weapons Shop was the best distributor of firearms in Mos Eisley, and its owner was very adept at obtaining weaponry off the black market.

Notsub Shipping was a shipping conglomerate based on Tatooine and the largest known company on Tatooine, dealing in the shipping and transport as well as other areas.

Chalmun’s Spaceport Cantina in Mos Eisley was a popular gathering place for some of the best smugglers and bounty hunters around and the centre of criminal activity in the town.

Chalmun’s Spaceport Cantina has a communications jammer built into the roof and a no droid policy, which made it difficult for Imperial spies and sentry droids to monitor the area.

The Dim-U monastery in Mos Eisley was in fact a front for illegal alteration of transponder codes that allowed ships to avoid identification and or disguise themselves.

These are all the criminal enterprises in Mos Eisley. And they will flock to the CIC. CIC ships will be givven transponder codes, Chalmuns will use these jammer, Notsub will smuggle droids to the planet, and Kayson's will arm the troops with grenades, stealth generators, flamer throwers, sonic weaponry, and more.

Jammers will also be smuggled down, and then placed throughout the city and in the palace. This will create a jamming network that will nullify all communications for the Fist.

Reinforcement

Reinforcements will also use the black market locations on the planet. Not only that, but smuggler, pirates, blockade runners, and bootleggers will smuggle droids and tech to the CIC.

Reinforcements, such as Annihilator droids, and droids from the Trade Federation will allow the CIC combat the Fist head on with ambushes and full on battles. The Fist will soon be very outnumbered, and weakened.

Advance

Finally, using tunnel, transports, and AT-TP's, the CIC will march on Imperial Base. Led by Durge and Urai Fen, commando droids will infiltrate the base and strike while the battle rages outside. Then, armed with Annihilators, they will face Dooku.

If the transports are staggered, (I'm not sure what you mean by that but I'm assuming spread out) that makes hit and run tactics a LOT easier. Which is why the transports are usually close together, in a caravan, to prevent that from happening. Would Veers really stray from that time-tested strategy?

Honestly, the transports don't even need to do the blowing up. Just release a dozen Commando droids, which easily dodge the clumsy transport fire, and have them stick all the transports with cemtex or themal detonators.

Actually, I kinda like the transport thing. Makes it much easier to kill large quantities of enemy troops without having to worry about each one's skills. Especially if the Sith are in there. They're sitting ducks.

Staggered, as in staggered throughout the formation. They're still well protected.

They dodge the clumsy transport fire and then get blown away by AT-STs. And troops aren't going to just sit inside when the enemy appears, especially not the Sith.

Also, don't those transports unstealth to unload troops?

I don't see that working. Although it would be hilarious seeing those transports charge the Fist army. Anyway...

It's not like those transports are hard to take down. One Hailfire missile will do it. At best it will distract them for two or three minutes.

My transports have shields. While they can't shield and stealth at once, they will once they stealth.

The brevity of your response suggests otherwise. :jawa_wink:

The point is that you won't be seeing them... :p

But if they are not in range, their not in range, and focusing on the decoys will only play into the Confederacy's hands. If They manage to dispatch the distraction quickly then they will merely fall into a false sense of security.

Edited by Beniboybling

It doesn't matter if they call the Colicoids. The thing is that the fleet is moving to either one of your planets, and simply calling them isn't going to change anything. There's a little thing called travel time you're forgetting. And if the Colicoids give the all clear, then they will assume that they are going for Nar Shaddaa, which they really should defend.

It would actually benefit the CIC if your fleet attacked Nar Shaddaa. Not only would your fleet be forced to fight against the army of spacer that would be rallied to protect the planet, but it would allow my fleet to drop onto yours and combat. This would cut your forces off from escape and force you into a pincer.

Your fleet would lose.

You actually didn't. You said a non-existent unit and potentially hacked unit would stop them. That's not a suitable argument in my book.

I'd also like to make it clear that the Fist will be marching on the high ground. There is no way a brilliant tactician like Veers would put his forces in such a vulnerable position.

And how are they getting your walkers up on the plateau? And your other forces? These are cliffs. And my forces will be there for before yours.

No, you will be force to get to the palace the long way. And as I said before, Veers will die. He was paralyzed for attempting this at Hoth. Sitting in his walker, he will be obliterated by mass dirver cannons.

So there's no way agents around Mos Eisley won't see those droids coming in, because jammers? The jammers are going to blind their eyesight? No, wait, you have jammers in Mos Eisley, don't you? How'd you manage that? Did they just spawn there? Because 'pirates' right?

I'm being satirical, yes, but I'm just pointing out some things to consider.

Because stealth field generators. Because the droids will not be seen. Smugglers, pirates and citizens will be. But droids? No.

And jammers are via Chalmuns. Via all the other places you have ignored.

The Trade Federation was only part 1, and removing them won't prevent part 2 from occurring. I still have Imperial Intelligence.

And, yes, I know spacers hate blockades. I know they'll try to break the blockade, that's the whole point. They'll let the hacked droids through, and use tractor beams to prevent the rest from getting to the planet's surface.

Edit: And if Guri is coming for the Trade Federation, I hope her and her goons can defeat an army of battle droids and Neimoidian Guards, because that's what they'll have to deal with.

And Imperial Intelligence will have to fly from Kaas. Time travel, remember? And jammers my friend. jammers.

And you really do underestimate Guri, don't you? Like, really badly. Guards? You mean the ceremonial ones, right? And B1's. Yeah, you got me. The most deadly droid in the galaxy will be killed by B1's.

The brevity of your response suggests otherwise. :jawa_wink:

The point is that you won't be seeing them... :p

But if they are not in range, their not in range, and focusing on the decoys will only play into the Confederacy's hands. If They manage to dispatch the distraction quickly then they will merely fall into a false sense of security.

I thought the answer was obvious, that's why my answer was so short.

They'll continue moving after defeating the decoys, so the transports will have to keep up. Again, don't they have to decloak to unload troops? That would hurt their chances.

Now, stop debating me and debate Canino and Warren. It's basically 3v1 here.

Alright, the main battle plan.

No offense, but some of these points made me laugh. No offense intended, of course. You just haven't thought some of this through enough.

But that won't stop me from countering your points.

Ambush

The Fist is going to start of the on the offensive. There forces are not equipped enough to fight a battle of attrition on the desert planet, especially against a droid army. They need to strike hard and fast. However, this will not happen.

Strategically using the plateau that separates the Palace and Mos Eisley , the CIC will position AT-AP's to destroy any walkers or transports with mass driver cannons. Ripping through the walkers and obliterating all transports. Obviously, though, the Fist army will not all come at once. Stragglers will be flanked by F9's. F9's will also be key to ambushes away from the plateau.

Veers will not position his forces in a place that will leave them vulnerable like that. He will take the high ground and make sure his forces won't be ambushed in such a manner. You seem to forget that he's one of the finest ground commanders of his time.

Trade Federation

Simultaneously, Guri will embark to Cato Neimoidia. Once there, she will infiltrate her way to the head of the company, capturing them, or killing them at her digression. Neimodians, renound as greedy cowards will instantly turn sides when faced with death. Black Sun agents would arrive soon after, holding those captured while Guri returns to Tatooine.

This will also negate any transmissions or viruses being sent out. In fact, the CIC may be able to utilize this against the Fist.

Right, because those cowards won't have, I don't know, guards protecting them. How about an army of E4 Baron Droids, one of the finest security units of its era? Or Droidekas? Or a ton of B1s? Did you forget the Neimoidians, too?

You can't expect me to believe that a bunch of pirates will defeat a large force of units designed to kill them. I don't think anyone would believe that.

Also, you seem to keep forgetting that the Trade Federation is not the only way to infect troops. Imperial Intelligence has done this before, and will do so here.

Jammers

Jammers will be brought in from the black market. And these is how they get to Tatooine.

These are all the criminal enterprises in Mos Eisley. And they will flock to the CIC. CIC ships will be givven transponder codes, Chalmuns will use these jammer, Notsub will smuggle droids to the planet, and Kayson's will arm the troops with grenades, stealth generators, flamer throwers, sonic weaponry, and more.

Jammers will also be smuggled down, and then placed throughout the city and in the palace. This will create a jamming network that will nullify all communications for the Fist.

You still have to get these jammers to Tatooine. And that means you have to get through the blockade, which is heavily armed with tractor beam projectors.

Reinforcement

Reinforcements will also use the black market locations on the planet. Not only that, but smuggler, pirates, blockade runners, and bootleggers will smuggle droids and tech to the CIC.

Reinforcements, such as Annihilator droids, and droids from the Trade Federation will allow the CIC combat the Fist head on with ambushes and full on battles. The Fist will soon be very outnumbered, and weakened.

Again, the blockade's tractor beams will stop any blockade runners, your droids from the CCN will be infected, and the Trade Federation will be more than able to defeat a bunch of pirates.

Advance

Finally, using tunnel, transports, and AT-TP's, the CIC will march on Imperial Base. Led by Durge and Urai Fen, commando droids will infiltrate the base and strike while the battle rages outside. Then, armed with Annihilators, they will face Dooku.

Right, right after those annihilators kill Xizor, because they will after Intelligence infects them.