What's the point of being melee in this game with the current state of PvP

Nokecity

What advantage? Honestly madness is pretty much the only ranged spec that stands out in this game. Marauder is kinda starting to fall behind from specific nerfs but overall melee has no problem completely shutting down every ranged class in the game. Madness spec is pretty much the only one that stands out. Pyro mercs can sorta do it but nowhere near as well as madness. Snipers are only a thread if you leave them alone and die quite easily if they even get a minor amount of focus on them. Ranged is doing better, but its hardly at an advantage. This game is still heavily focused on melee and melee still easily deals with ranged in this game.

Im done addressing you ... you just don't get what im saying

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like playing your meele, don't do it.

Play a ranged class. Oh, you would lose all the advantages your meele class has, thats why you don't, right!?

If you would read b4 you post you would see that I said I have all classes to 55 ... but who reads anyways right

Deception sin and vengeance jugger - only 2 usefull melee specs, others trash. Just lvling up merc. Many players with range classes don't know how to kite, they just DPS and stand in one side and then whine on forums and its done - range overbuffed. Who really knows what is kite its just gift with this sutuation. Edited by helpmewin

Deception sin and vengeance jugger - only 2 usefull melee specs, others trash. Just lvling up merc. Many players with range classes don't know how to kite, they just DPS and stand in one side and then whine on forums and its done - range overbuffed. Who really knows what is kite its just gift with this sutuation.

Careful with that merc in solo. :-)

News at 10, being a meelee is not a pleasant experience against a lot of ranged!

As someone who mains a sentinel but plays all of the classes (almost) you should try playing a ranged class against a team with loads of meelee.. its just as bad...

Deception sin and vengeance jugger - only 2 usefull melee specs, others trash. Just lvling up merc. Many players with range classes don't know how to kite, they just DPS and then whine on forums and its done - range overbuffed.

After over a good 360 hours of effort put in mara, let alone working out its playing strategies etc.., started leveling shadow, pvping, having the time of my life. It was a true source of stress to play that class, seeing (or feeling) how every other AC is more beneficial to the team than you are (not implying that it is, my experience was in that in direction though).

PS. Haven't give up on playing mara tho, just not as hopeful to find that secret ingredient :D

Edited by LInfinite

Deception sin and vengeance jugger - only 2 usefull melee specs, others trash. Just lvling up merc. Many players with range classes don't know how to kite, they just DPS and stand in one side and then whine on forums and its done - range overbuffed. Who really knows what is kite its just gift with this sutuation.

Come back once you've been succesful in solo ranked, yo.

That's the main problem with mercs - they're good in 8v8 but suck in 4v4.

Oh well, this is Bioware we're talking about :rolleyes:

Come back once you've been succesful in solo ranked, yo.

That's the main problem with mercs - they're good in 8v8 but suck in 4v4.

Oh well, this is Bioware we're talking about :rolleyes:

So i don't want to play with u in 1 team. If srsly pyro is the best for solo. Almost never seen pyro who kiting - just playing as sniper. Arsenal - too much tunnels - u can be pulled, stunned, interrupted. 99% mercs/mandos playing arsenal in solo, so i'm not surprised that they are whining. BTW if smdy will say u never played merc on hi LvL, but i had pre 2.0 50 mando on another acc, when they was em....not so good as now.

Careful with that merc in solo. :-)

Already played AP PT. U as merc withou SH and can't kite.

Edited by helpmewin

Melee in PVP? What sorcery is this?:D Just had a voidstar where I was 'root, root, snare snare, resolve full breaker pop, root root, snare snare, boltz up my trumpet and lots of followthroughs' :D. Its all good, part of SWTOR pvp, if you can't take it like a man, play mario :D. It is so nice when two premades focus you and you die 17 times. E-PEEN increases exponentially and then you have the big one when you shadow strike one of them for 12870 :D.

So i don't want to play with u in 1 team. If srsly pyro is the best for solo. Almost never seen pyro who kiting - just playing as sniper. Arsenal - too much tunnels - u can be pulled, stunned, interrupted. 99% mercs/mandos playing arsenal in solo, so i'm not surprised that they are whining. BTW if smdy will say u never played merc on hi LvL, but i had pre 2.0 50 mando on another acc, when they was em....not so good as now.

Already played AP PT. U as merc withou SH and can't kite.

Ehh, no.

You know NOTHING if you claim Pyro is better than Arsenal... it's all about being mobile, and Arsenal is mobile and has good burst capabilities compared to Pyro.

And who said I didn't kite? It's incredibly rare I stand still after one cast.

So please, you might be good on your vanguard/shadow, but you are clueless when it comes to commando. I'd suggest you'd stop arguing about something you don't know.

/fix

10/10

ok so I disagree, because I do play a melee class in pvp and I do not find it challenging at all, you go around and try a childish insult? ( especially since I do work out!)

seriously while its been pointed out something about Sentinels having problems it definitely ain't as broad as all melee, on my ranged guys yeah I can solo melee cause I know what to do ( keep them out of 4 meter range to deny them most of their abilities), but the same goes for my melee characters vs ranged players ( keep them close and don't let them out of your range). But again my point being, at least not all melee is as bad as you claim.

Ehh, no.

You know NOTHING if you claim Pyro is better than Arsenal... it's all about being mobile, and Arsenal is mobile and has good burst capabilities compared to Pyro.

And who said I didn't kite? It's incredibly rare I stand still after one cast.

So please, you might be good on your vanguard/shadow, but you are clueless when it comes to commando. I'd suggest you'd stop arguing about something you don't know.

Ok lets see when i grow up 55 and will be geared. When i was in gimped spec - shadow tank, peoples said that deception is hard spec, but this 3 buttons spec with easyest rotation...makes me laught after. Anyway mb you right, will see.

Edited by helpmewin

ok so I disagree, because I do play a melee class in pvp and I do not find it challenging at all, you go around and try a childish insult? ( especially since I do work out!)

seriously while its been pointed out something about Sentinels having problems it definitely ain't as broad as all melee, on my ranged guys yeah I can solo melee cause I know what to do ( keep them out of 4 meter range to deny them most of their abilities), but the same goes for my melee characters vs ranged players ( keep them close and don't let them out of your range). But again my point being, at least not all melee is as bad as you claim.

And now comes the obligatory "fite me brah" :D

But again my point being, at least not all melee is as bad as you claim.

No where is this 5 page thread did I ever say, "all melee is bad" or even implied that melee can't 1v1 any ranged class or be effective. I would be a fool to say some dumb **** like that being that I have 2 Juggs, 1 Mara, 1 Sin, 1 PT, 1 Operative, 1 Guardian, 1 Sent, 1 Shadow and 1 Vanguard.

Ok let me fix this real fast because I forgot that you have to spell everything out for some ppl cause you see a thread title and immediately assume what its about and post the first thing that comes to your mind. So here it is...

[begin Quote] Melee isn't "as" (meaning they can still be) effective in PvP (non ranked) against an "abundance" of ranged class (which mostly what a lot of ppl are rolling nowadays) because of every class (including melee) has been buffed like crazy but rdps has advantage if the opposing team has an "abundance" of them. It use to be somewhat difficult going against a lot of rdps b4 but now its just insane. [End Quote]

Edited by Nokecity

I haven't seen anything of your claim that more and more people are rolling rDPS. The only rDPS that's becoming more common is Madness Sorcs/Balance Sages, and that is for an obvious reason because the spec was buffed. You also see a lot more Madness Sins/Balance Shadows these days too. So it really has less to do with 'ranged' than it has to do with 'buffed spec that is dominating in pvp right now'.

[begin Quote] Melee isn't "as" (meaning they can still be) effective in PvP (non ranked) against an "abundance" of ranged class (which mostly what a lot of ppl are rolling nowadays) because of every class (including melee) has been buffed like crazy but rdps has advantage if the opposing team has an "abundance" of them. It use to be somewhat difficult going against a lot of rdps b4 but now its just insane. [End Quote]

The same thing can be said about multiple melee stacked on one team. I mean that can be applied to anything being stacked in this game.

The same thing can be said about multiple melee stacked on one team. I mean that can be applied to anything being stacked in this game.

Tried to say pretty much this earlier.. but got ignored.. logic is non existant on this forum :p

I do but like I said with 3 or more you have trouble as a merc 1 vs 1 is completely different because if the melee player has less skill then I'm able to survive and kill however I'm dps not healz so if 3 guards/jugs or Mara/sents jump in me well I hope I can gun down the Mara/sent be4 I'm put to grass

True, you have a point but even then I doubt anybody can AND SHOULD survive three players on them. Especially since it practically takes only 1 hard stun for over 50-60% of your HP to disappear.

I don't even know what this thread is. Go against a good healer and watch RDPS get LOSed while they still heal their allies. Melee is much better equipped to stay on them. Maybe your problem is trying to fight the ranged DPS starting at 35M in the open rather than LOS and go after the healer? 1v1, who cares?

Melee have it tough now (since the rise of madness and more people rerolling range classes)

But the truth is melee classes can still perform very well in regs and especially rank. In regs though, be prepared to get knocked back a lot and targeted more than a range class. They are more challenging since the last update but melee juggs still do very well against range.