Is there any love left for space missions?

Kantaso

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleaes Google "Elite Dangerous"

-You're Welcome

Looks good, but I've had my fill of paying for games that aren't finished. I have seen the results of that business model, and generally speaking I don't like it. When they're finished and it's fully featured I might give it a look, but I've been part of too many Founder's programs to be fooled again.

I doubt that we'll see [m[any updates to the original space game. I personally think it's fun, but when I play it, it's because I want a break from the "main game". I don't play it to advance my character, I play it because I feel like shooting stuff in space in a star wars setting (a vibe I don't get from GSF) and my character picks up stuff (credits, XP, comms, etc.) without me having to deal with other people. [basically, I wouldn't log in just to play the original space game, but if I was logged in and getting bored, I'd be more likely to run some space missions instead of logging out and digging up Space Invaders.]

Unlike Warzones and GSF, it's a true standalone mini-game. Like Pazaak would be. TBH, I probably spent more time playing that than actually questing in KOTOR 1 and 2.

Edited by eartharioch

I wouldn't mind the rail shooter if it was a GOOD. The mini-game is barely passable and the level types get old pretty fast, it's not really worth it to play them more than once. Very little incentive to play them at all.

As for GSF, I haven't played it because I avoid all things PVP. I did try the tutorial and did not seem bad. Now let's recreate

and we might have something :rak_03:

I love space missions. I still do them every week. I have a decked out ship. I would love more missions!

I do the lower level daily space mission for the xp. 10 minutes of space a day can net you over 10k xp if you do it right.

I loved the space mission and use to do them all the time on my 8 characters, until they nerfed the rewards of it. Yes I tried GSF and it sucks. I've spent more time doing space mission than GSF. The time that I have spent doing space mission will be far greater than it will be for Barbie Dream House.

I wish they would have add some 55 ones or not have removed elite comms from heroic ones. I wish they didn't remove all bonus mission credits too. Trying to get all the bonus mission done in one flight was fun.

I would love space missions (Even if they are on rails) if they didn't get crazy hard too early in the normal missions. Think I got to the lvl 3-4 ship gear missions, upgraded my ship and still got my butt kicked. So called it quits and never went back. lol The whole 1 lone fighter vs an armada gimmick gets old quick. Edited by Drox

I would love space missions (Even if they are on rails) if they didn't get crazy hard too early in the normal missions. Think I got to the lvl 3-4 ship gear missions, upgraded my ship and still got my butt kicked. So called it quits and never went back. lol

which quests were you having problem with? My only one was the one where I have to destroy the bombers and now that I upgrade my missile number to 80 I can do it fairly easy

which quests were you having problem with? My only one was the one where I have to destroy the bombers and now that I upgrade my missile number to 80 I can do it fairly easy

Think it was a upgraded version of a mission where I had to go through an asteroid belt while fighters where gunning at me. Then in the middle I had to fight a space station (Or a cruiser?) then I had to go back through the asteroid belt while still fighting more fighters. It was relentless. X_X

I did several upgrades to my ship and in the UI bar I have 3 options 1 is for increase firepower, 2 is for increase shield and 3 is for been able to not be targeted by enemies lasts like 12 seconds and it has same my ship couple of times specially when at the end of that mission you have the huge ship loaded with towers.

For those that are put off by GSF - thinking it's not 'worth' anything - True there are no WZ comms, but space comms for the daily and weekly- Enough to buy a level 55 crafting box per week with change - Also most matches I play on my lower-level characters gain a couple of experience bars -PER MATCH- and reward about 15-25K in credits per match - and no repair costs. A match lasts about 10 minutes most of the time. A match pops every 10-20 minutes or so during the day - more frequently at peak times. - And you can always turn it down if you're in a talky- bit, and re- queue.

- That's a pretty good return for the time invested. -in XP and money.

You can even queue while out in the world questing - so no need to hang around on fleet for ages.... You can even queue up crewskill missions and run them while you're flying!

Edited by Storm-Cutter

It's more like the people who enjoy the space on rails missions are the Silent Minority.

Yes, of course, please post the source of the numbers you are using to justify your statement. You have extensive logs of play time to back up your claim, as I am sure you wouldn't be the kind of person to spew your irrelevant made-up opinions in a public forum.

GSF and space missions are a downside to the game.

I would not want to see them waste any more time improving on something that should not be in the game.

Speak for yourself. I happen to enjoy both, and would love to see some free flight space pve added.

I liked the space missions for what they were. I probably would have liked them better as interlude missions placed throughout the character storylines.

On the GSF, sure it's multiplayer etc but I think it's dumb that you don't fly your own ship. They should have made it where you can fly your main ship, customize it, etc. It's immersion-breaking to think I wouldn't take my own ship into these battles. Have a hard time getting into the GSF stuff.

I really like the space missions. I'm not really into galactic starfighter, but it is just a personal preference thing so I don't do it. I am really enjoying space missions and hope they don't get rid of it at least. It is an exciting challenge and a nice diversion from the normal planetary missions.

I used to do space missions heavily when I first started the game, before even GSF was released. Two months down the line, the novelty wore off, mostly because it was restrictive and mostly because the later missions were just old ones remade.

As for GSF, I've restricted myself into only playing it with one character. If my ships were usable legacy-wide, for sure I'd play it more often but I can't see myself participating with a base striker and a scout just because I decided to switch to an alt.

As for GSF, I've restricted myself into only playing it with one character. If my ships were usable legacy-wide, for sure I'd play it more often but I can't see myself participating with a base striker and a scout just because I decided to switch to an alt.

^ Yea...

Frankly, GSF doesn't even feel like SWTOR, it feels like one of those cheap freebie games that you download and amuse yourself for a day or two, then grow bored of.

It doesn't feel very Star Wars ish, it doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with the rest of the game, none of the gear, weapons, etc. transfer over, you can't even use your ships that you already have in the game, or any of the upgrades.

Anything you gain in the GSF side might as well not exist when you get back to the main game.

What was the point? It is a bad arcade shooter, it has nothing to do with the rest of the game, it would make zero difference which of my 16 alts I use to play GSF, and if I try to use more than one alt, they all will have different ships.

The whole thing was really poorly thought out quite frankly.

The fact that all future updates to it have been put on indefinite hold speaks volumes.

So apart from the XP that can be gained and the credits earned and the Comms that you can use for crafting or gear or for parts to upgrade your own starship - and the community that you can make friends with , chat to, or have as bitter rivals - or the reputation you gain, or the achievements earned or the titles.....And the pot-luck of what every game will bring win or lose......No repair costs / can be jumped into during questing . -There's nothing that GSF can do for your character(s) ?

- Really?

GSF has all this to offer - True that there may not be many more expansions as yet - except Denon Ex being a TDM mode at some time - (from cantina/GSF forum) Id' say it has something for everyone that invests the time to learn a new set of skills.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.