Tell us your GPU/CPU for best FPS performance.

SirMannii

I still have drops down to 16-29 in all fights in Warzones with i7-3820 CPU and GTX 770 GPU and 16GB Ram. I'm going to try change GPU to AMD Radeon R9 290X and see if there is any difference at all. I will update the thread if I can see any posiitive changes.

You asked for it.

4 different systems

Windows 7 ultimate 64Bit is tweaked for performance. All drivers latest updates. W7 updated

Korean Qnix monitor used for the 110hz 2560x1440 runs. Over clocked via Nvidia CP.

ALL Desktop systems run liquid cooled CPUs. 780tiSC rig is liquid cooled as well as a complete water block on the ITX motherboard. CPU/VRAM and such. It's my main gaming system.

i7 rigs are ITX motherboards. ASUS Maximus Impact with latest drivers and firmware.

FX-60

4 gigs ram

Nvidia 9800 GTX+

Dual 36 gig Raptors RAID 0

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate

Games on dual 150 gig Raptors RAID 0

Max settings on desktop and in game. FPS 10-15

Lowest settings on desktop and in game. 40-50

@ 1920 x 1080 60 hz

Alienware M17X R1

Intel QX9300

8 gigs ram

Dual Nvidia 280m GTX

DUAL 256gig SSD RAID 0

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate

Max settings on desktop and in game. FPS 30-45

Lowest settings on desktop and in game. 60-70

@ 1920 x 1080 59 hz

i7 4770K

16 gigs ram

ASUS 760 GTX mini

250 gig SSD

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate

Max settings on desktop and in game. FPS 80-110

Lowest settings on desktop and in game. 110+

@ 2560 x 1440 110 hz

http://www.overclock.net/t/1459773/cooler-master-elite-110-case-build-log

i7 4770K

16 gigs ram

EVGA 780ti GTX SC

250 gig SSD

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate

Max settings on desktop and in game. FPS 110+

Lowest settings on desktop and in game. 110+

@ 2560 x 1440 110 hz

http://www.overclock.net/t/1438824/itx-build-to-replace-fx-60-gaming-workhorse

I run very clean system. Virus checks weekly. Update checks daily. Reformatted every 6 months to a year for fresh installs. Razer keyboard, mouse, headset, gamepad, mousepad used on all system. MSI Afterburner for temps and video recording. Ventilo used for chat. Minimal background tasks running.

I run older systems. That FX-60 is very old compared to the i7 rigs yet I can still squeeze out the smooth performance.

Edited by Liquor

I have always had low fps it doesn't matter what i do, there's no difference really. And as Leafy said before me when CZ uses missle barrage in 16m its 10 fps.

AMD Fx 6300@ 3,5 GhZ

Gigabyte 7850 2GB

Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MhZ

Samsung 830 pro series SSD 128GB

win 8.1

Yeah I'm using a i7 4790k @ 4.5 Ghz and a GTX 480. Literally the best CPU money can buy for the game at this point in time and when missile barrage comes out it's 15 - 20 fps. Some fights are okay with 30 - 40 FPS in 16 man but Brontes, Corruptor, Grob (at certain points, after the NiM debuff got removed) and Bestia are lag fests with certain points dipping to 15 - 20 FPS.

Don't blame the video card, it doesn't even really get taxed during 16 man content as the game becomes severely CPU limited.

• 2 months later...

Getting terrible performance as of patch 2.9 as well. I used to play 40-60fps with everything maxed, now I barely break 30fps and game slows down to <10fps whenever it needs to load graphic effects, animations, whatever (which is all the time). Makes trying to PvP or do operations impossible. I thought it was just my old *** hdd about to get bricked so I replaced it with a 500GB Crucial SSD (thus, needless to say on top of a clean windows 7 install) and added more RAM, but still doesn't help. I've tried a bunch of different drivers, SWTOR Unleashed, messed with game settings (including in-game, Nvidia Control Panel, and Nvidia Inspector), made sure my computer is in high performance mode, running in compatibility mode for XP3, downloaded the DX9( redistributable, etc. etc. The fps meter is always red, which supposedly means the game is CPU-bound for some reason on my computer.

Specs:

CPU: i7-3610QM @ 2.3Ghz

RAM: 16GB

GPU: Nvidia GTX 660M w/ 2GB VRAM

Edited by sparkyboyyoyyo

Just read through this post and I wanted to mention one thing about FPS and hardware performance. You can have the top of the line processors, video cards, memory, motherboards, etc. but if they are not properly tuned to each other, they will always cause bottlenecks in performance. For example, the GTX 780 Nvidia card is pretty much a beast on gaming, but if your processor is not tuned or overclocked to match the performance, you get a bottleneck in performance (from the south bridge of the motherboard) where you processor is holding back performance. Same deal with memory, if you overclock your processor, you need to adjust your memory speeds to keep up or you have another bottleneck on your Northbridge of the motherboard.

The point is, you can have the most expensive, best performance hardware currently available from the market, but if you do not tune and tweak them to run at optimal performance with each other, it won't run any better than old outdated pieces. Look up how to overclock you processors, particularly from sites like Tom's Hardware to get an understanding on this. I will say the newer motherboards and processors are much easier to overclock but Do Not Attempt if you do not know what you are doing as you can easily overvolt and burn your components out.

i7 4770k @ 4.5

sli gtx 770s

16gb ram @ 1866

swtor on ssd

windows 8.1, all drivers are updated

as OP mentioned, ive tried all settings possible for nividia and swtor, game boosters etc, dx9 files, you name it

max fps in pvp = 23

on fleet/leveling is about 75-110

ops are around 25 fps

game engine has some serious issues, for some its fine, but for quite a few its just broken

Edited by Large_Signature

i7 4930K @ 4.3 GHZ (overclocked)

16GB 1866MHZ Memory

Crucial MX100 512GB SSD

Dual GeForce GTX 670's

Windows 7 64 bit

All settings to max and shadow resolution set to 2048

I get around 85 FPS running around Fleet in single card mode and around 95 FPS running around fleet with SLI enabled. SLI doesn't seem to help this game very much.

i7 4930K @ 4.3 GHZ (overclocked)

16GB 1866MHZ Memory

Crucial MX100 512GB SSD

Dual GeForce GTX 670's

Windows 7 64 bit

All settings to max and shadow resolution set to 2048

I get around 85 FPS running around Fleet in single card mode and around 95 FPS running around fleet with SLI enabled. SLI doesn't seem to help this game very much.

sli is pretty much useless

as far as your fps fleet isnt as important, its pvp and pve ops that the OP would like to know i believe, as those are the situations where acceptable fps (60+) is needed

The point is, you can have the most expensive, best performance hardware currently available from the market, but if you do not tune and tweak them to run at optimal performance with each other, it won't run any better than old outdated pieces. Look up how to overclock you processors, particularly from sites like Tom's Hardware to get an understanding on this. I will say the newer motherboards and processors are much easier to overclock but Do Not Attempt if you do not know what you are doing as you can easily overvolt and burn your components out.

You are definitely not wrong, but a lot of people are having severe performance issues on computers where the weakest link as far as hardware goes still should be perfectly capable of running the game without any significant issues. Add to that the fact that some people see degradation in performance without any hardware or supporting software changes to their systems. I am definitely not saying that my particular issue is because of the game engine, and I will continue to look for solutions, but at this point, I've tried every single suggested fix I could find, including changing pieces of hardware, that I can't help but feel part of the blame lies on how the game interacts with certain computer setups.

The point is, you can have the most expensive, best performance hardware currently available from the market, but if you do not tune and tweak them to run at optimal performance with each other, it won't run any better than old outdated pieces.

My i5 2500K @ stock, HD7950 @ stock, 16GB ram @ stock, SSD --vs-- my old Core2Duo E8500 @ stock, GTX250 @ stock, 4GB ram @ stock, HDD would disagree with your assessment. My "new" stuff (that I got a few years ago) beats the tar out of my old system (I still have it). I may have misunderstood what you were trying to say, but as written, you may be giving some people the wrong idea.

My i5 2500K @ stock, HD7950 @ stock, 16GB ram @ stock, SSD --vs-- my old Core2Duo E8500 @ stock, GTX250 @ stock, 4GB ram @ stock, HDD would disagree with your assessment. My "new" stuff (that I got a few years ago) beats the tar out of my old system (I still have it). I may have misunderstood what you were trying to say, but as written, you may be giving some people the wrong idea.

I was writing that post in relation to people who build their own computers. A lot of people on these forums have made comments to "just build your own, it's cheaper" but if you don't know how to properly tune one, all of that expensive hardware will run like crap.

Obviously when you are comparing hardware that are multiple generations apart, there is always going to be a difference, I was trying to point out that an two to three year older processor tuned properly with the rest of your set-up will preform just as well if not better in this game as the new current generation ones that cost two to ten times as much.

Another thing the FPS performance people need to look at are any crucial updates to your operating system and checking to make sure your drivers are all current. If you do not update regularly, this can seriously impact performance.

@SirMannii

Did you get to fix your FPS problem with the ATI graphics card?

My rig:

I7 X980 3.33 ghz

12 gb ram

GTX 780 3 gb

On my ship and stronghold I'm getting over 60 FPS

8 man ops around 30 FPS

16 man ops around 15 FPS

Running the game with all graphic options off or low doens't change a thing to my FPS.

I did not change anything to the sliders for Shadow, Tree and Grass.

What I'm going to try on next 16 man ops:

Running in full screen mode (not windowed).

Setting Shadow Map Cascades to Medium

Lowering Shadow Map Resolution to 1024

Lowering Tree Quailty to 0

Lowering Grass Quality to 0

Not starting Parsec

Couple of questions tho to all that posted and have Windows 7 64bit:

Do you have a pagefile?

What's the size of your pagefile.sys?

On which drive(s) do you keep the pagefile(s)?

Edited by Magsel

Couple of questions tho to all that posted and have Windows 7 64bit:

Do you have a pagefile? yes

What's the size of your pagefile.sys? 9143 Mo will lower it, recommended is 13000+

On which drive(s) do you keep the pagefile(s)? master

I5 3.2 ghz (Clarksdale/1st gen)

16 go Ram

Gtx 660 Ti Oc 2 gb

Swtor is on a Seagate 7200 rpm

play windowed

69 fps on fleet,

30+ oricon which is the worst ''outdoor'' place for me,

average 55+,

in 16 m average 25,

WZ 40+

but, like for any game, you must do your homework, cleaning HDD & Ram every week or less, create specific profile for gaming, erase all malware, you won't have 60+ fps with Firefox + Skype and Ts3/mumble running^^ etc...

Edited by karmaann

Last night I started swtor without parsec and got 100 FPS on my ship.

When I stared parsec with 1 overlay it dropped to 60 FPS.

After closing the overlay it went back up to 100 FPS.

After enabling/disabling overlays and closing/starting parsec my FPS stayed at 60 FPS.

Hopefully my problem is "just" parsec.

I have two computers at my disposal. First I'll list the specs, then I'll make some comments on what works best for me.

Rig 1 - Primary Gaming Rig

CPU: i7 2600k Ivy Bridge @ 4.86 ghz

GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Classified

RAM: 16 GB G SKILL @ 2400 mhz

Custom closed-loop water cooling on both CPU and GPU with a medium to high overclock.

Rig 2 - HTPC

CPU: i5 4570S Haswell - stock speed

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti

RAM: 8 GB G SKILL @ 1600 mhz

Cooling the cpu with a Corsair H100i All-in-one water cooler; GPU is air cooled on a reference blower style cooler. GPU is also running a ~10% underclock to keep temps and noise down since this is primarily for watching movies and doesn't need the full strength of the 660 Ti I threw in the case. I just could see buying a cheap video card when I had 2 of these 660 Ti's in my closet from a previous build that I dismantled when I build Rig 1 a couple of years ago.

SWTOR runs well on both rigs. I can do 16M Ops on Rig 1 on my 120 hz monitor at 1080p and never drop below 100 fps.

On Rig 2 I can play at high settings if I disable shadows, but I lag pretty heavily when there are more than 20 players around me. On medium settings, I can maintain 45-60 fps fairly consistently.

I'm planning to upgrade Rig 1 early next year after Intel's next chips are released. I refuse to game on a Haswell, they're too hot and and ceiling for overclocking is too low as a result. My Ivy Bridge may be bottlenecking my GPU in benchmarks currently, but actual games do not bottleneck and the Haswell chips are not a good enough upgrade to justify the cost of a new CPU and motherboard. And this is all assuming the Mrs. approves my budget for the year. Its not easy being engaged to an Finance Accountant. :p

Hello there fellow SWTOR community!

I would like us to collect information about our performance in-game. I've had some serious issues with the fps-drop. (I'm currently very low, between 15-25 inside combat with 16-man operations bossfights and normal warzones).

I am running:

Intel Core i7-3820, quad core 3.6GHz, 10mb

Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 16GB

Gainward GeForce GTX 770 2GB PhysX CUDA

Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB 2.5"

Windows 8.

You left out monitor resolution, it does matter...

For some reason, it seems to be left out of most of these posts, as if perhaps most people assume everyone is running their resolution.

For anything standard, your above config shouldn't have any issue being over 30fps in this game in everything, even at max detail. Something is wrong with your machine.

My own system:

Intel Core i7 4770k running at stock

32GB DDR3 RAM at 2400mhz (stock rated speed)

1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD

AMD R9 295x2 GPU

Windows 7

I run on three 30" monitors at a total pixel count of over 12 million (50% higher than 4k resolution).

Everything is butter smooth at max detail, even 16 man ops.

Granted, it is an overpowered rig for this game, but yours is just fine too and should be butter smooth on everything. If it isn't, something is wrong.

Hello, My spec:

i5 3570k

Radeon r9 270

8 gig ram Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600

System on Samsung SSD

lvleling 100 fps

Fleet 40-60 fps

ops during fight drops to 20fps

Wz drops to 20 fps

This game in my opinion definitely need optimalization. I didn't found that any new game which was released during this year, was working in High-Medium settings in less than 60 fps. I realy like this game but if performance won't change after expansion, unfortunetly i will stop paying subscription.

How can I get a better frame rate? I have everything set to low and it's still a slide show in warzones, or any player-dense area.

Radeon HD 5570 1GB (half bracket)

5GB DDR3 RAM

AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.9ghz

How can I make my game run at a manageable FPS?

new GC with 2 gb vram, 8 go ram min,

then don't go over the top with the GC, your Cpu'll going to slow it down, it'll work, but it won't give maximum perf.

How can I get a better frame rate? I have everything set to low and it's still a slide show in warzones, or any player-dense area.

Radeon HD 5570 1GB (half bracket)

5GB DDR3 RAM

AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.9ghz

How can I make my game run at a manageable FPS?

You need a new PC....That CPU is ancient man.

Hello, My spec:

i5 3570k

Radeon r9 270

8 gig ram Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600

System on Samsung SSD

lvleling 100 fps

Fleet 40-60 fps

ops during fight drops to 20fps

Wz drops to 20 fps

This game in my opinion definitely need optimalization. I didn't found that any new game which was released during this year, was working in High-Medium settings in less than 60 fps. I realy like this game but if performance won't change after expansion, unfortunetly i will stop paying subscription.

There are many workarounds for poor framerate, like setting aside certain amounts of RAM for loading, etc. There are multiple threads about it. Expecting performance to magically change is not going to happen; it's simply part of the game's engine. I used to play this game on a laptop and was able to lower my graphics to a workable, yet still enjoyable, state. Maybe it's time you upgrade your computer instead of complaining that it's the game's fault?

I'll post my comp specs when I get home from work.

Edited by tmblake

I have a I5 2500K, not overclocked but watercooled in case I ever feel the need to.

32gb ram, 560TI, I do hiccup occasionally on fleet, but have no trouble in PVP.

However, I will be getting a 970 soon as the Witcher 3 is worrying me and that is an AMAZING CARD for a very good price. I think it will also allow me to walk around my Hangar in Star Citizen and actually see the freaking thing.

Swotor hasn't needed an upgrade because this is a pure gaming PC with no extra crap on it, like there is not even a printer attached to it.

• 9 months later...

Going to Put my Weigh in here

i5 750 - Water-cooled and Overclocked to 4 GHz

Adata SX900 256 GB SSD

8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme Division 2 Ram - 1866 - running @ 1600 9-9-9-24

p55D-e Pro Asus Motherboard

(due to poop Multipliers on this series CPU/Board - bclk overclocking over 200 is near impossible - std bclk is 100 - max multiplier is 21)

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming.

Other random Junk - mostly not in use.

She is an Oldy but a Goodie - get VSync 60FPS 98% of the time in FC4, Crysis3 and the likes - However - not since 1.2 have I been able to say the same about SWTOR. At the Time had 2 x 480's (SLI) - still less overall performance than this 1 x 970 (Proven with FC3 and personal tests) - but around SWTOR 1.3/1,4 - performance bottomed out. now struggle to get 40+fps in 8 man ops, and hardly ever see 60 on fleet (bottoming to 25 in Densely Populated areas). If Vsync off - I do get around 90-100 in secluded areas, however, again, this is nothing compared to the 120 fps Driver Capped I used to get.

After 1.3/1.4 - it seemed that 1 gpu was never in use - so I upgraded at the time to a HD7850 ~2.8 (ikr - Upgrade, lol - but was faster with the shaders) - it was a slight improvement at the time, but was still poor (and had to let textures down a bit - Cheaper card - Much less texels).

One thing I have noticed - is that apart from Load Screens - CPU Never goes past 50% usage, and hardly hits past 25% - and it is definitely multi thread - each cpu ~ 25% (G15 Keyboard with LCD Sirreal monitoring) GPU (same tool with GPUz) never goes over 40% Load. It is most certainly not the HW that is the issue. S/W is causing problems, as to wether or not it is SWTOR causing it - I will let the mob decide (but I think you can guess my thoughts)

AMD Phenom II x4 925 2.8 GHz

8GB DDR3 RAM

SATA II HDD

Nvidia GTX 960 2GB

I *RARELY* drop below 30fps, maybe 25fps, with all settings on the higher side of average. (Not at that computer, so I can't look up anything more specific than that.)

Edited by Max_Killjoy