Area Transition Issues

EricMusco

Hey everyone,

We have isolated what we believe could be causing these issues. We have begun working on a fix and will work to get this out to all of you as soon as possible. Based on what I am being told we will not have this fix out tonight or tomorrow. However, as soon as I know more around timing I will let all of you know.

I will pass on updates as I have them and I thank you again for your patience as we work through this!

-eric

So how about a partial rebate for not being able to play for two days? Or even better some cartel coins in game to make up for the loss because, quite honestly, this is ridiculous. :mad:

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes like a title, I nominate the title be 'the Insufferable'.

Sounds good. Just as long as the patch that fixes 2.8 doesn't introduce more bugs than it resolves. And that they don't reintroduce these bugs in a future patch. They have a tendency to fix something then break it again 2 patches later.

Edited by Projawa

Hey everyone,

We have isolated what we believe could be causing these issues. We have begun working on a fix and will work to get this out to all of you as soon as possible. Based on what I am being told we will not have this fix out tonight or tomorrow. However, as soon as I know more around timing I will let all of you know.

I will pass on updates as I have them and I thank you again for your patience as we work through this!

-eric

Given the current state of things, if users have not yet patched, would you recommend patching at all prior to the fix patch coming along?

If so, what are the official issues that are recognized from these reports? A lot has been thrown around in this thread. Is all of it confirmed?

Could logging in while the game is in this state do lasting damage to any characters accessed and/or their inventories/resources, etc..., not to mention account status, cartel coin balances, and so on? Is it even possible to log in at all at this time? Given all this ruckus today, I have not even patched yet to see where things stand on the live servers at this moment.

After reading all 16 pages of gripes and complaints about this latest patch is making me glad I have held off on patching my game. While it DOES blow that I can not play due to that and am a subscriber but I will be mature and deal with it. Besides I do have both KOTORs and both Jedi Academies to get my Star Wars fix in. Give the Dev team a break and let them do their job. Like has been said things go wrong with servers, codes, IPs, and what not. Chill out and grow up.

Elk'essad on The Shadowlands.

Nope, Im too old to let stupid crap like that bother me. But, you keep on whining about your busted game and maybe they will get it fixed quicker because its you doing the whining.

LOL! I haven't even been home to log in, I'm not complaining or whining sir...you are though.

has bw fixed the gamebreaking bugs yet? Should i avoid patching and logging in tonight entirely until the issues are resolved?

LTR

we have begun working on a fix and will work to get this out to all of you as soon as possible. based on what i am being told we will not have this fix out tonight or tomorrow.

As to whether or not you should avoid logging in: that's up to you. I patched and logged in this afternoon just fine. I noticed a couple of the issues mentioned in this thread (Guild issues), but I also noticed they self corrected after being logged in for a few minutes. I have Guildies who aren't experiencing any problems at all.

YMMV.

---

Fix asap and no 2 days isn't asap....

That acronym. I do not think it means what you think it means.

'As soon as possible' means they fix it WHEN IT'S POSSIBLE. It sounds like it took them all day to identify the problem, and it's likely taking even more time to figure out how to fix it (hopefully without breaking twenty other things).

Musco's already been forthright by saying the fix isn't coming today or tomorrow, indicating that it's not something that can be fixed as quickly as you want them to be fixed. These things sometimes take time, and throwing a Veruca Salt tantrum ("I want it NOW!") isn't going to make the process go any faster.

Edited by AlixMV

On hearing the dev's response that these issues won't be fixed tonight OR tomorrow I am extremely frustrated. I can't even log into the game without being logged right back out and disconnected to the server after 15 seconds. My guild is starting DP NiM progression tonight and being one of the core players I can't even log in. With the possibility of not being able to log in till Thursday is outrageous.

all characters, all Flashpoints, Operations, planets, ships, basically anytime im loading into a new area. very slow and at times doesnt load at all.

windows 7 64 bit latest updates

nvidia 7800 gtx ti drivers latest updates,

intel i7 4770k

asus itx board

samsung ssd drive

no issues with patch 2.7 all this started with 2.8

multiple reboots, restarts of the game, uninstall. fresh install, reloading of launcher, repair of game. no changes.

game running as admin or not, no change

After reading all 16 pages of gripes and complaints about this latest patch is making me glad I have held off on patching my game. While it DOES blow that I can not play due to that and am a subscriber but I will be mature and deal with it. Besides I do have both KOTORs and both Jedi Academies to get my Star Wars fix in. Give the Dev team a break and let them do their job. Like has been said things go wrong with servers, codes, IPs, and what not. Chill out and grow up.

Elk'essad on The Shadowlands.

This exactly, jesus people have been spoon feed on all their previous games were everything works exactly the first time ever and nothing ever, ever goes wrong. Get used to it, if 1-2 days or heck even a few hours after the patch goes through you are clinging to get in game, you really need to take a break.

As a previous guild mate always said, the content will be there, its not going to disappear.

There is no limit for some people the way they defend Bioware. They can even defend this train wreck. Every patch is bringing bugs and it is an increasing trend. The reason for this is lack of developers. They do not have enough people working on updates and bug fixes. And end result is a bad product.

Hey everyone,

-eric

Check spelling in the code. This Ptach wasn't ready yet.

Or the SW Gods are still upset over the removal of knockdown and while servers were down; servers were hacked. LoL

Anyways. Look forward to a quick fix so what's left of the paying customers stick around. Acknowledge the removal mistake and bring it back. They will come back. :p

Edited by Liquor

No game tonight then? Oh, well. Good speed on fixingthe issue Bio folks. And, please, do catch some sleep!

And, on an odd chance anyone at all is reading from Bio, if Bio decides to give out something nice as a goodwill offering please, no pets this time. Instead, if at all possible, a handsome customization added for a male romanceable companion, preferably Doc (without facial hair and without silliness) and if at all possible converted to another species (like the same Doc as a Mirialian or Quinn as Chiss)....

I know, I know... but I dunno how else I could bring the attention to the dismal state of diversity among the female romantic options!

After logging in through several toons, I found that it wasn't so much an inability to play, as just extreme login lag. I know others have had different experiences, but I was able to do everything, I just had a long wait in between. For example, when I logged in on toons that are in a guild, it initially looked like I was not in the guild anymore. After a few minutes, though, my guild flag lit up and I was able to access guild chat again. (Also, oddly, my non-guilded toons were getting guild announcements on login.)

I had similar performance when loading characters and with transitioning between zones. Instead of the the typical 5 - 30 seconds, it was taking several minutes instead. Playing the game itself didn't seem to have any additional lag, just the transitions and loading.

So for me, it's not unplayable, but definitely bugged. Hopefully they can get it fixed quickly. Everyone needs to relax a bit. Bugs happen, and so does down time. They will get it fixed and make it right, you just need to give them a chance.

That's one way of pushing players to Wildstar and other games.

:cool:

I hope you enjoy it. I just couldn't get into the game through the beta, even near the end. Wildstar is a game I really wanted to like, but it just didn't do it for me. Hopefully it does for you.

There is no limit for some people the way they defend Bioware. They can even defend this train wreck. Every patch is bringing bugs and it is an increasing trend. The reason for this is lack of developers. They do not have enough people working on updates and bug fixes. And end result is a bad product.

It's called being understanding and realistic.

Not all of us see a bad patch and think it's the end of the world.

Sith happens.

So I thought i was only going to have to suffer through the quick travel and fleet pass cooldown bugs for 2 days but... i have now experienced every bug that people have mentioned on the forums after 2.8 dropped. Definitely a record amount of issues this patch. May the force be with us all...

So I thought i was only going to have to suffer through the quick travel and fleet pass cooldown bugs for 2 days but... i have now experienced every bug that people have mentioned on the forums after 2.8 dropped. Definitely a record amount of issues this patch. May the force be with us all...

I blame the Rancors.