Area Transition Issues

EricMusco

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still very much not solved, I see.

Here's what welcomed me as I came home from work and tried to log in.

After about 5 minutes I was fully logged in (Used to take 1 minute), only to find myself unguilded. Tried the ctrl-U thing to no avail, so logged of. On attempt two I get kicked back to char select, after having waited 5 minutes.

On attempt 3 (after another 5 minutes) I was guilded again...but apparently considered BOTH Free to Play AND below lvl 10, based upon the message I got when I tried to write in guildchat.

I didn't bother with a 4th.

It's nice to see they "Believe they've isolated the issue" and I hope they manage a solve it. What puzzles me most about all this though, is I've only seen posts about two affected servers. The Red Eclipse (where I am) and the Harbinger. Or is it all servers, but the rest just don't bother to say anything?

I get the feeling that there are a lot of things wrong with the latest patch, I was planning to play on my BH tonight, is it recommended I don't login until the issues are fixed? as I see other bugs such as auto leaving guilds etc?

I played a bit yesterday, as did many guild mates and friends. Issues were minimal. The "leaving guilds" reports were erroneous: the game was just taking a long time to figure out whether a newly-logged-in toon was in a guild or not. After a couple of minutes the guild membership would be recognized. No one, as far as I know, was ever actually kicked.

I just got booted out to the character select screen, now when trying to load character into the game it says error finding codex: 0 on the splash screen but the cog is still spinning, no loading bar took about 2 minutes but then loaded straight into the game.

ohh my god, i have been patient so far but starting to lose faith in BW. i doubt they are even working on fixing it, or if they are they just dont know how to. employ some qualified staff instead of stupid rookiees who dont know what to do. it seemed fine for a while but now the yesterday's bugs are back more strong than ever. If they give the usual "we apologise for the inconveniece" ******** and give nothing in return to players, think i will give this game few months break to see if they can fix the mess they've made by then. oh and giving a free apology droid pet wont do it this time. players are enraged, for a very F good reason! Rediculous work from BW, no wonder why the game is called TORtanic :confused: Edited by Suonikohju

ohh my god, i have been patient so far but starting to lose faith in BW. i doubt they are even working on fixing it, or if they are they just dont know how to. employ some qualified staff instead of stupid rookiees who dont know what to do. it seemed fine for a while but now the yesterday's bugs are back more strong than ever. If they give the usual "we apologise for the inconveniece" ******** and give nothing in return to players, think i will give this game few months break to see if they can fix the mess they've made by then. Rediculous work from BW, no wonder why the game is called TORtanic :confused:

Let's see:

• user number over 12 million, check.
  • First post yesterday, second post today, both complaining about BW's devs, check.
  • no constructive posts, just those two, check
  • Use of an infamous troll's former handle in the post, check.

Any other indicia we should be looking at? Or are we done here?

Still having issues with entering the game via the character selection screen. I get the endless loading screen with no loading bar then it kicks me back to the character screen. Sometimes I'll have luck (though it's a 1 out 10 chance) to enter the game and other times no such luck. Paying subscribers are loosing days now. Ironically, I'll try to send a in-game ticket about the issue if I can actually get into the game itself. Edited by Romaeus

I rest my case. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, your verdict, please.

We find in favor of the other guy and award him your elite defender helm; which he is free to display on his trophy wall or use as an ashtray.

Edited by Joesixxpack

If I were the jury, I will favor the other guy as well. :D

I'd eliminate you from the pool during voire dire. After all, the "down's syndrome" crack was a smoking gun. No reasonable jury could fail to find against him after that, so even if I lose at trial, I'll get it overturned on appeal.

I'd eliminate you from the pool during voire dire. After all, the "down's syndrome" crack was a smoking gun. No reasonable jury could fail to find against him after that, so even if I lose at trial, I'll get it overturned on appeal.

Dude, I thought we are way past voire dire stage. :p The judge already release the juries for verdict discussion. Either you gonna appeal the verdict or not, it is not the juries problem anymore.

Yea, I think the witch hunt is getting a bit stale at this point.

- Lots of folks complaining all over the forum, many of them new players that have either never posted before or have posted very little since joining.

- This is based, IMO, on a core set of pretty valid complaints. The game is actually having some issues, and some of those issues seem to persist. This is not something that has been made up to paint the game in an unfair light.

That is not to say this forum member is NOT the person you think they are, but generally speaking I feel it's getting pretty tired to label more than one person that posts a less than constructive criticism as TORtanic, or some other former member that you suspect is now a shill.

And BTW...This is not TORtanic. This is LA. I have a pretty bad reputation on my own.....go ahead....you can check. ;)

Edited by LordArtemis

That is not to say this forum member is NOT the person you think they are, but generally speaking I feel it's getting pretty tired to label more than one person that posts a less than constructive criticism as TORtanic, or some other former member that you suspect is now a shill.

I didn't label anyone as TORtanic or a shill. In fact, I didn't propose any conclusion at all.

I merely pointed out the evidence, and you came to your own conclusion about what I wanted you to conclude from that evidence. Apparently, then, you think the evidence would lead people to the conclusions you listed (i.e. TORtanic or a shill therefore). Well, that's your thinking, and while I will not say you are wrong, I will say that's not the conclusion I thought the evidence supported.

And like I said, I believe the subsequent "Down's syndrome" crack clinches it.

I didn't label anyone as TORtanic or a shill. In fact, I didn't propose any conclusion at all.

I merely pointed out the evidence, and you came to your own conclusion about what I wanted you to conclude from that evidence. Apparently, then, you think the evidence would lead people to the conclusions you listed (i.e. TORtanic or a shill therefore). Well, that's your thinking, and while I will not say you are wrong, I will say that's not the conclusion I thought the evidence supported.

And like I said, I believe the subsequent "Down's syndrome" crack clinches it.

Well, if your intention was to suggest some other forum member, or something else entirely it went over my head. I offer my apologies then if I misunderstood your post and it's intentions. Perhaps calling out TORtanic might have been the reason.

Also, I think I'm pretty capable of establishing what my own thinking would have been. I do not think the "evidence" leads anyone anywhere, because the post stands in evidence of a member that is frustrated with the current bugs...nothing more IMO. "TORtanic" is actually a pretty common term among the game's detractors across the net, and has been for quite some time.

I was laying suspicion as to your motives based on your dramatic post and your "evidence" points. So my thinking was actually pointed at YOU, not the forum user you "called out", so to speak.

And since I was in error apparently I offered my apologies. So there we are.

Edited by LordArtemis

Well, if your intention was to suggest some other forum member, or something else entirely it went over my head.

You seem to be overthinking it. Use Occam's Razor.

Also, I think I'm pretty capable of establishing what my own thinking would have been. ...

The point here is your conclusion about what someone else would think about the evidence. That you concluded, without it being suggested to you, that another person would conclude the poster was a sock puppet for a troll, or similar, says a lot about the strength of the evidence. And especially since I do not recall ever accusing anyone of being a sock puppet in these forums, so it's not like anyone should expect me to do that.

I was laying suspicion as to your motives based on your dramatic post and your "evidence" points. So my thinking was actually pointed at YOU, not the forum user you "called out", so to speak.

Frankly, given how little evidence there was to support your conclusion as to my motive and intent, compared to how much evidence there was regarding that other poster ( there was enough that you, unbidden, thought I had concluded they were a sock puppet for a troll), I think you might benefit from examining your own biases and motives that caused you to do that, before jumping to any more conclusions about other people's.

And since I was in error apparently I offered my apologies. So there we are.

OK, let's move on.

OK, let's move on.

Lets not.

Mentioning TORtanic as you did was more than enough evidence for me to suggest you were insinuating this person was a shrill. That is all of the evidence that was needed for my conclusion, and the rest of the items you mentioned as "evidence" seemed to support that conclusion.

...the conclusion that you were disparaging a forum member unfairly because they were critical of the game. Based on your post history I do not believe this conclusion was far off.....however, you pointed out my error. I judged your intentions unfairly.

I made my thoughts clear. I am more capable of defining those thoughts and conclusions than you are. You seem to be fixated on the idea that that is not the case.

I, of course, conceded my error. Perhaps it is time to concede yours. You naturally have the right to do anything you wish.

Edited by LordArtemis

come on... is that be best you can do? i expect more from a troll :rak_03:

That's not really a fair assessment, is it? I would not go so far as to say that forum member is a troll. Strong opinions perhaps, but I do not feel the forum member you replied to can be fairly defined as a troll based on post history.

Lets not.

Mentioning TORtanic as you did was more than enough evidence to suggest you are insinuating this person was a shrill. That is all of the evidence that was needed.

Not to me it wasn't. Perhaps being a mathematician-engineer-attorney for a few decades has made me less prone to making unwarranted assumptions and conclusions.

My post very intentionally presented just evidence. I left it to the readers to draw their own conclusions about what the evidence indicated. Which you in fact did, try to deny it tho you might. I'm not telling you what you thought or why: I'm telling you what you posted.

But if you keep defending your unwarranted and derogatory assumptions about how other people think, you will never learn that other people don't share your biases, or even to recognize what those biases are. Whatever, if that (and calling yourself "Lord" :rolleyes:) is what you need to do to feel good about yourself, I guess it doesn't really harm anyone else much.

Edited by BuriDogshin

Not to me it wasn't. Perhaps being a mathematician-engineer-attorney for a few decades has made me less prone to making unwarranted assumptions and conclusions.

My post very intentionally presented just evidence. I left it to the readers to draw their own conclusions about what the evidence indicated. Which you in fact did, try to deny it tho you might. I'm not telling you what you thought or why: I'm telling you what you posted.

But if you keep defending your unwarranted and derogatory assumptions about how other people think, you will never learn that other people don't share your biases, or even to recognize what those biases are. Whatever, if that (and calling yourself "Lord" :rolleyes:) is what you need to do to feel good about yourself, I guess it doesn't really harm anyone else much.

You are, in fact, telling me the conclusions I came to based on your own assumptions that are drawn from the evidence YOU SEE. My post, as mentioned. Which means you are, in fact, engaging in the very same behavior I did.

Hmm....the dreaded "rolleyes" emote. I guess we could go in that direction instead. I think, being that you have pretty clearly indicated your background, you of all people should know the difference between "clarification" and "defense". But since you feel you have the right to define what is "unwarranted", I believe the difference will likely not be recognized by you.

Since you are obviously incapable of admitting your own bias in this matter, not to mention your stubborn refusal to accept that someone may have reached conclusions that do not match your assumptions, and considering the level of silliness this has reached IMO, I will simply say....

Shenanigans.

On a side note...there is no reason to be threatened by my opinion. Making silly statements like "Whatever, if that (and calling yourself "Lord" :rolleyes:) is what you need to do to feel good about yourself" is rather petty and unnecessary. You made your point, I made mine, folks can judge for themselves. There is no need to get personal IMO.

Edited by LordArtemis

[LOTS OF TEXT, followed by ...]

I will simply say.... Shenanigans.

Too late! You should have lead with that and ended with if it was what you wanted to "simply say."

On a side note...there is no reason to be threatened by my opinion. Making silly statements like "Whatever, if that (and calling yourself "Lord" :rolleyes:) is what you need to do to feel good about yourself" is rather petty and unnecessary.

No, it is exactly what you characterized is as: silly. After all this, you are (unlike many other posters) obviously not on my ignore list - so obviously I respect you some, enough in fact to believe you'd take that silly parenthetical for the childish kidding around that I meant it to be. Am I using the wrong emoticon?