Area Transition Issues

EricMusco

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you re-install the game Reno?

Because I've been having constant launcher issues since Sunday and no matter what fix I tried it would keep creeping up and today I tried to patch the game only to get stuck on 40% of installing game client 145 which would then cause my whole computer to lag hard. Since I seemed to be the only one with my issue (everyone else had main assets 75%) I bit the bullet and decided to re-install knowing full well my internet was being slow and that I would have 8+ GB to go thru and that it would take forever. So even though I'm still defending the game I'm a little annoyed by people who can actually got the game to patch but are still complaining.

I was waiting so long for this patch to come and this all happens.

You know, I remember a patch like this about a year and a half ago... It was around 1.2, when they managed to delete the Black Hole section the same week it launched. I wonder if they will do for us now what they did back then.... free game time. This is insane. Things need to be FULLY tested on the PTS if you are going to offer it.

Because I've been having constant launcher issues since Sunday and no matter what fix I tried it would keep creeping up and today I tried to patch the game only to get stuck on 40% of installing game client 145 which would then cause my whole computer to lag hard. Since I seemed to be the only one with my issue (everyone else had main assets 75%) I bit the bullet and decided to re-install knowing full well my internet was being slow and that I would have 8+ GB to go thru and that it would take forever. So even though I'm still defending the game I'm a little annoyed by people who can actually got the game to patch but are still complaining.

I was waiting so long for this patch to come and this all happens.

Maybe you'll have better luck with that Hypercrate whenever you're done :).

Well i guess now is a GOOD time to download Wildstar everything is broken not just transition for me cant play any PVP space or ground but the slots machines work and are willing to take all your credits until i got DCed and now cant log back in. well most of my swtor friends went to play Wildstar so i guess ill try it out. NEED A PATCH TO FIX A PATCH THATS BW M.O. good luck all

Given the complexity and quality of this game and the relative price this is a wonderful product being provided to its user base. Compare this game to a movie in a theatre. $15 would pay for two movies. Four hours of entertainment for $15 compared to roughly 700 hours a month available game time.

Even if you only played 10 hours a month, that would be $1.50 per hour of entertainment. I dare say many of us far exceed that on a regular basis. :)

Yes, subscribers pay for this service. Yes, this service should be available. But I would be willing to bet anyone who had even a little understanding of how much goes into design, programming, maintenance and enhancement of this game would be willing to cut these guys some slack when things go wrong even for a day or two.

I, for one, appreciate this game and the people behind making it happen.

Thank you! :)

Edited by jpalooza

Hey everyone,

We have isolated what we believe could be causing these issues. We have begun working on a fix and will work to get this out to all of you as soon as possible. Based on what I am being told we will not have this fix out tonight or tomorrow. However, as soon as I know more around timing I will let all of you know.

I will pass on updates as I have them and I thank you again for your patience as we work through this!

-eric

Hey Eric, if the problem is really being worked, we should have had at least a few updates by now.

Next time something like this happen, you should close the servers and use all your resources to test and solve the issue. Closing the servers will generate a lot of complains but having this issues generates more frustration, you should have statistics about that but I'm pretty sure more people stops paying you if you make them frustrated enough.

Seems a little more stable at the moment, thankfully. But there are so new bugs still lurking like the fleet pass which should be 0 cool down with the unlocks to reduce the cooldown, but it's now 3 hours. :eek:

Next time something like this happen, you should close the servers and use all your resources to test and solve the issue.

How about, NO. They can test and solve the issues on cloned servers running cloned software. There's no reason to take down even one of the live servers, much less all of them.

My solution is one I have mentioned many times, and would probably reduce the chance of a large number of bugs making it to live.

Use a copy of live to run the PTS. They should not run a clean version of the game, but instead should use a copy of live for testing. Not only would this be good for testing bugs in real time, it would also benefit the community since you would already have characters on the server.

Games that use copies of live servers for their patch testing rarely have this many issues after a patch.

Hey everyone,

We have isolated what we believe could be causing these issues. We have begun working on a fix and will work to get this out to all of you as soon as possible. Based on what I am being told we will not have this fix out tonight or tomorrow. However, as soon as I know more around timing I will let all of you know.

I will pass on updates as I have them and I thank you again for your patience as we work through this!

-eric

Thank you Mr Musco, but I think folks could use a bug list, so we know what has been reported and recognized and what may still need reporting.

If you already have a list, I digress.

Jezus people, calm your ****. it's a patch, things bugs out. it happens.

for those screaming bloody murder because "this should have been tested on the PTS!" No. this isn't a design flaw, a broken instance etc. the fact that it only seems to hit certain (busy) servers, the fact that around this time (3.05GMT) there don't seem to be any isses apart from the Quicktravel CD's on TRE are all indicative of the fact that this seems to be a certain subsystem that's having issues under heavy load. you cannot test such a thing relaiable on the PTS.

After 2 years, Bioware even patched the Esseles ending-crash bug, so have a little faith :)

How about, NO. They can test and solve the issues on cloned servers running cloned software. There's no reason to take down even one of the live servers, much less all of them.

Well, for me it would be better they take them down until they are fixed, that way they get more pressure to fix it, and we don't get to have to lose or time trying to play on untested crap. I'm sure they should have data that could allow them to decide what is better for them from a monetary point of view, maybe they haven't thought about it, hence my opinion. But there is also the chance that people is stupid enough to keep buying/paying during and after big bugs happen.