Dread Palace (NiM) 8-Man World Progression Tracking

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to point out that you can't get Bioware to care about progression in this game, but somehow they've updated this thread more in the past evening than Fuyri has in the past month and some change. Bioware won't read DMs by Milas about PTS DP NiM needing changes/buffs via the forums but they'll sure as hell give him a short term ban for communicating on the forums. Man, Bioware is quick to communicate and take actions when they feel like it, but when it had to do with important information, Bioware just didn't see any DMs and didn't respond to anything. Funny how that works out. Edited by justinplainview

GL everyone with the last few hours of NiM buff whatever mode you're trying.

Yes, definitely give it your best and stick around for the next nightmare tier. I enjoyed this tier less than SV and TFB, but certainly enjoyed the sense of endgame community it has brought about.

It's a bit late but I though I'd make the addition.

Guild Name: Manticore

Guild Website: http://swtor-manticore.enjin.com/

Server: The Red Eclipse

Region: Europe

Dread Master Bestia

Date: 29th June 2014 | 10:35:05 PM (GMT+2)

Dread Master Tyrans

Date: 07th July 2014 | 9:23:21 PM (GMT+2)

Dread Master Calphayus

Date: 07th July 2014 | 11:59:53 PM (GMT+2)

Dread Master Raptus

Date: 21th July 2014 | 9:12:20 PM(GMT+2)

The Dread Council

Date: 09 September 2014 | 12:18:22 AM (GMT+2)

It's my first post here so I hope it is correct :)

I just want to point out that you can't get Bioware to care about progression in this game, but somehow they've updated this thread more in the past evening than Fuyri has in the past month and some change. Bioware won't read DMs by Milas about PTS DP NiM needing changes/buffs via the forums but they'll sure as hell give him a short term ban for communicating on the forums. Man, Bioware is quick to communicate and take actions when they feel like it, but when it had to do with important information, Bioware just didn't see any DMs and didn't respond to anything. Funny how that works out.

I used to raid at a semi-hardcore level. My guild used to be on these rankings typically in the top 10. Instead, now I'm just relaxing and playing when I feel like it. Its really nice to not be bound by raid times.

So I've been removed from this 'scene' since early DF NiM (round the time of Wildstar). But it is clear and with no surprise that Bioware gives little attention to your needs when I click on a Progression Tracking Spreadsheet and see that less than 20 guilds are pushing this content. 3 guilds achieving speed runs...

In all the MMOs in all of the world I continuously read these threads where hardcore raiders, the elite, believe they should be the developers focus...the apple of the developers eye. Ya'll are less than a single percent of the population. No wonder you don't deserve top priority.

Perspective.

/FACE

(I'm a dude who sleeps with other dudes in a homoerotic way. So ya. You just got...H OMO-PWNED)

:rak_04:

Edited by Felkroth

I don't see any point in almost anything you just said. I'm not asking to be top priority, and never have. I think that catering to casuals is how this game will make the most money. So everything you just said is fairly dumb, and obvious to anybody else in this thread. Ever heard the phrase "Preaching to the choir"?

Also, what the hell does you being gay have to do with anything you typed out or anything anybody else typed out in this thread? You're gay? GG, I hope you're having a good life, but what the heck does it have to do with any point? I'm not going to feel like OOOOH HIS STATEMENT IS MORE VALID OR LESS VALID BECAUSE HE LIKES DUDES. I'm not going to be like OOH SICK BURN I'VE BEEN TOLD BY A GAY MAN. Either what you say is valid or what you say is invalid or irrelevant. I guarantee you basically just wasted space on the thread. Imagine if I spent a page arguing with your point and then said

"AND I READ BOOKS ABOUT FAIRIES EVERY OTHER TUESDAY SO YOU'RE EXTRA TOLD!"

It would be dumb.

Edited by justinplainview

<Proper Villains> didn't post on this thread when we originally got our Council kill because we were far enough behind World First that it didn't really matter.

Did want to make sure we had documented, for posterity, that we 5/5'd with Nightmare Power regardless of the rank on world progression.

Few weeks old, but meh.

Achievement

Kill Video (sans audio, since Twitch is stupid about it)

Well the day is now here and NiM buff has been taken away. We are now left with a game that no longer has challenging content and with that notion, no content at all in some people's eyes. I wonder though, is this (removing all content) just an attempt by bioware to scare off the raiding community? Are we seriously the "redheaded step child" in this game? Are they fearful that our constant awareness of their mistakes and lack of quality servers will push people away from the cartel market? Idk about yall but I'm gonna be half asleep while raiding till 3.0 hits. Ill wake up to see the new raids then fall back asleep till their NiM versions are released but yeah thank you. Bioware, you truely are the best at what you do. We ask for more content, you take all content away. Truely the best at what you do, listening to your customers.

Real ****.

**** you, your servers are ****, your customer service is ****, your game is ****.

Well the day is now here and NiM buff has been taken away. We are now left with a game that no longer has challenging content and with that notion, no content at all in some people's eyes. I wonder though, is this (removing all content) just an attempt by bioware to scare off the raiding community? Are we seriously the "redheaded step child" in this game? Are they fearful that our constant awareness of their mistakes and lack of quality servers will push people away from the cartel market? Idk about yall but I'm gonna be half asleep while raiding till 3.0 hits. Ill wake up to see the new raids then fall back asleep till their NiM versions are released but yeah thank you. Bioware, you truely are the best at what you do. We ask for more content, you take all content away. Truely the best at what you do, listening to your customers.

Real ****.

**** you, your servers are ****, your customer service is ****, your game is ****.

I can see how removal of Nightmare Power could be seen as an attempt to scare off the raiding community, but I think it's the opposite - for serious raiders the race is what matters most, and once the race ends there's more upside for BW to being more inclusive than there is being exclusive. Hard content on farm status (for the groups that got DF and/or DP on farm status before buff went away) is still content on farm status.

I'm impressed that several guilds pulled out last-minute Deposer kills, but I don't think that many guilds *capable* of clearing the content at the full difficulty level (and without over-gearing it by a tier or two) exist that haven't already gotten the kill.

It definitely seems like more people are attempting NiM DF now that Nightmare Power is gone, which is a win for BioWare, but doesn't really have that much impact on people who Conqueror'd. The biggest downside, at least to me, is that alt runs won't present as much of a challenge, so there's less opportunity to be challenged playing a new class.

If SWTOR had anything like the number of serious progression raiders that WoW has, maybe things would be different, but just think about how many individuals (people like Yolo) have gotten kills in multiple groups. The number of guilds/raid teams getting clears is relatively small to begin with, and the number of *players* getting clears is even slightly smaller.

I can't imagine it's easy to cost-justify creating content for maybe ~200 players, so if the stupid Nightmare Power gimmick means that it's an easier sell to create more NiM content, I'll live with it.

Maybe, if a unicorn farts and causes a pig to fly over Austin, TX, we won't be waiting 6-9 months after the digital expansion to have new NiM content. Not holding my breath for that, but if BW judges that Nightmare Power made the whole design of NiM better, it's possible they could accelerate future development. Would be nice...

Edit: Not apologizing for BioWare, just being a realist. Also, don't mean to imply that PV had either DF or DP on farm status with NiM power. We got both titles but we definitely aren't in the same league as folks like Zorz, who I'm sure were already getting pretty bored of the content even with Nightmare Power.

Edited by Omophorus

Real ****.

Calm down there killer, you literally JUST killed Council on NiM. You don't even have Dread Master yet. I don't disagree with your sentiment or anything, but you're awful salty for someone who JUST got the kill pre nerf under the wire.

Bioware isn't nerfing it to scare off the community of raiders, they're nerfing it because pre nerf and post nerf are realities in the meta of raiding and more importantly, the nerf gives the content fresh legs for the dozens of guilds that don't attempt NiM content until it's been outgeared or nerfed to a level that makes sense. The more guilds that get to work on this content, the better. My hope is that these guilds that go for post nerf in this content cycle are added to the pool of guilds going for pre nerf in the next tier. It's important. And you will literally never grow the raiding community if we just keep that steep cliff there.

I'm no Bioware apologist, we need new raids, and we've needed them for months, but IDK about all that. You could have said all of that weeks ago.

Edited by justinplainview

Calm down there killer, you literally JUST killed Council on NiM. You don't even have Dread Master yet. I don't disagree with your sentiment or anything, but you're awful salty for someone who JUST got the kill pre nerf under the wire.

Bioware isn't nerfing it to scare off the community of raiders, they're nerfing it because pre nerf and post nerf are realities in the meta of raiding and more importantly, the nerf gives the content fresh legs for the dozens of guilds that don't attempt NiM content until it's been outgeared or nerfed to a level that makes sense. The more guilds that get to work on this content, the better. My hope is that these guilds that go for post nerf in this content cycle are added to the pool of guilds going for pre nerf in the next tier. It's important. And you will literally never grow the raiding community if we just keep that steep cliff there.

I'm no Bioware apologist, we need new raids, and we've needed them for months, but IDK about all that. You could have said all of that weeks ago.

This, times a lot. Besides who cares if it is nerfed. For most of us it is "easy" (NOTE THE "") because of how often we have ran the instance and learnt it. We got our exclusive shiny (would have preferred a cooler title but I'll take what I can get) so now it is everyone else's turn to have some fun.

IMHO it is not like it matters that it has been nerfed as I dunno about the other guys here but we are just chilling wasting time with ConQQuests and PvP until 3.0.

In reality I was just having some fun stirring the pot on this soon to be non existent thread. Yeah I agree with the notion "What's good for the consensus is good for me" but at the same time, I play these games for the enjoyment of a challenge. I'm never gonna get to heal nim df with the buff because I was in school when it was out and I'm never gonna be able to title dp with the nim buff because they took the buff away a week after I killed it. Smdh. It is what it is but when I've got a challenge to look forward to, I'm the happiest in these games. Well I guess since I preordered warlords, I may just have to try that out unless bioware changes some things both within the pve and pvp community. I'm a pvper at heart doing pve because I love healing on my merc and because Mikey was in need of a merc healer. But yeah, This game needs some serious upgrades to even be considered once the hype with warlords is confirmed. Cross server environments, better game engine, better servers, I'm sure people could list a lot more but those are the ones that stand out to me.

Anyways, I gotta go to Spanish class. Deuces.

Love how we crush people in here, with the common argument "i kill boss/timer before you remember you're a ****"

Sad community...

I only raid like 3 hours a week tops so am an outsider here. Since I don't push content hard (just set foot in NiM TFB last week!) I instead get this part of my game enjoyment from these threads and watching the progression race. So I hope these continue and hope this community doesn't self-destruct. Unsubbing between every cycle like the recent poster here and the mercenary approach that seemed to kill JC guilds won't help. Implement a salary cap and trade deadline when content drops or something.