Stuns have to be taken out of game

jediharrsion

some of the best ranked matches I have taken part in have had no stuns at all, just good old fashioned fights with real displays of skill. using CC/Stunning to kill targets that can't fight back is not skill.

Why would you not use stuns in ranked? Sounds like a poor strategy.

At the very top level of team ranked using stuns and mezzes correctly is absolute essential. Hard switches the most evolved and complicated strategy there, in essence is mezzing the enemy team at the right time switch to the target hard stun it, burst it down. Sound simple in theory but requires and aweful lot of skill to be done correctly against a good team.

Although the CC in this game could probably be toned down a bit for general benefit, but just ask the sorc healer what he will do against a marauder in his face without his hard stun (as much as i would love it as the marauder). Objective based WZ would be a pain and become even more of zerg fest (it would be pretty hard to get past the first door in Voidstar for example), and jugg tanks would be even more op in huttball (no more firepull and stun) and the list would go on.

some of the best ranked matches I have taken part in have had no stuns at all, just good old fashioned fights with real displays of skill. using CC/Stunning to kill targets that can't fight back is not skill.

lol

and PT have only one hard stun, the second is an aoe mezz, which breaks on damage. it's hard to not complain sometimes about how you get stunlocked and killed, but then how would you kill my pt tank with my pocket op healer before i score a goal? or how would you go through a gore ravage with your sage? i'd just lower the cd on the stun break or give one more to any class.

I'd like if stuns will be removed, cuz I play guardian atm :D

But:

Sorcs will suck

Snipers will suck

Assassins will suck just because their deception is based on stuns.

Mercs will suck too, unless they took interrupt immunity from bodyguard tree.

In result we have melee-bonanza, tons of whine, hatred, and totally broken arenas.

lol

and PT have only one hard stun, the second is an aoe mezz, which breaks on damage. it's hard to not complain sometimes about how you get stunlocked and killed, but then how would you kill my pt tank with my pocket op healer before i score a goal? or how would you go through a gore ravage with your sage? i'd just lower the cd on the stun break or give one more to any class.

No, it's actually an AoE hard stun and does not break on damage. It's the only AoE stun in the game, that's why it's only 2.5s long, 3s with the set bonus. And I think the class needs it.

But then again, I also think ALL stuns and mezzes should be shortened at this point in the game.

ever fought a Team like this --> http://i58.tinypic.com/dcviw1.jpg....

and of what practical use is that pic in a thread regarding removing stuns from the game? i fail to see your point. should bioware for the xtrmly rare case of matchmaking putting together a team where 6/8th of them rely on stun remove the abilty so 1 game in "very high number of games" would be tilted the complete other way?! i don't get it.

Edited by nemdra

I think you should go PVE. In that way you can click through your perfectly fine tuned rotation and be awesome. Cause that requires so much skill. Also I would love to see the video of a ranked game where there are no stuns. Must have been the annual "special game for special players with too much skill" game. Let us close-minded terribad nonfactors learn how it is done.

So, you basically stood around and wailed on each other as though you were fighting a training dummy?

Display of skill...right. Sure. I could macro a PvE rotation and have the same effect.

So, you basically stood around and wailed on each other as though you were fighting a training dummy?

Display of skill...right. Sure. I could macro a PvE rotation and have the same effect.

Because... you know... rendering an opponent unable to move, attack , or in most cases use any DCDs while you beat them over the head is the absolute pinnacle of skill, right?

Hitting a target that can't move or retaliate... Hmm. Now that sounds an awful lot like fighting a training dummy, doesn't it?

Because... you know... rendering an opponent unable to move, attack , or in most cases use any DCDs while you beat them over the head is the absolute pinnacle of skill, right?

Hitting a target that can't move or retaliate... Hmm. Now that sounds an awful lot like fighting a training dummy, doesn't it?

If you stun one of the 4 team members on the enemy team, he can't support his team during the stun. If you're skilled, you take advantage of that weakness. If they're skilled, they work around it.

It's "SKILL" when you can adapt to the new situations as they arise - when you can work with a modified situation caused by your tank or dps or heal being temporarily removed from the battle.

It's "SKILL" when you can predict the enemy's plan, and separate / immobilize their dps, or heals, and whittle the defenses away.

Smacking on each other like warzone training dummies is not skill. It's boring.

"Stunlock" isn't fun for the guy being stunned, but if you're good enough to be on a good team, then your team will support you through your stuns, and in the end, you'll probably win.

If not...then it's not just the stuns keeping you from having fun.

What's the point of arguing this Lol stuns will never be removed and the bads will have to adapt or leave the game. In boxing matches I'm sure when one staggers an opponent he doesn't let up and allow them to recover because he wants to give him a " real fight" nope they use it to finish them off. Boxers who just stand in place and throw slaps like a sissy will end up losing. Edited by PrincessNuri

stun should be less or longer cooldown i wouldn't shorten the effect they should be a tactical resource not a semi-spammable

but u cannot change "stun-mechanic" alone because once you reduce stun how can u kill healers?

Stun lock and dead is when you fight 3vs1... 2vs1 can stunlock and cap rarely sunlock and kill

if your team allow a 3vs1 stunlock+kill it means ur team is weaker if team are balanced it shouldn't happen

I think the problem with stun is more a unbalanced team problem at the root.

they may be too many and too often readily avaible i dont think they are wrong but they can happen too often making it less strategic and more spammable if u want to keep 2 for most of the class make the cooldown double

longer cooldown would be the solution to limit it a little

Simple title says a lot. simply just sick of stunlocking players that could never win a fight without it

I believe the could resolve this issue by doing the following:

1. Return Resolve back to the way it was prior to 1.4.
  2. Allow any and all CC affect the resolve bar, including slows, mezzes, ect...
  3. Allow the resolve bar to decay after 10 seconds and be emptied by 15 seconds after it is full.
  4. Resolve bar does not decay for 15 seconds if it is partially filled. If no stuns or other CC effects, it decays normally after 15 seconds.
  5. Resolve bar does not start decaying while in respawn area or out of combat.
  6. Reduce the CD on the CC breaker down to 1 minute and reset on death.

If they would do that, I believe you'd see a better PvP environment allowing players to do what they come to PvP for and not be 'stun locked' to death or lose complete control of their characters as it happens now with great regularity.

Then the use of stuns, CCs, and all other controlling effects become real tactical and strategic decisions. This would mean they'd need to rework the amount the stuns put into the resolve bar. Maybe reduce hard stuns by 5% or 10% while leaving the others alone. That way you don't have everyone immune immediately and their uses are still viable.

Return Resolve back to the way it was prior to 1.4.

< good player would use it to stun lock anyway (and stun lock is mostly made by good player so this wont change much other then make the gap between bad and good even bigger)

Allow any and all CC affect the resolve bar, including slows, mezzes, ect...

< this vs bad players would allow good player (that know how to take advantage of white bar) to destroy bad player even faster in hutball type of game

Allow the resolve bar to decay after 10 seconds and be emptied by 15 seconds after it is full.

< as before more advantage to people that know how to play

Resolve bar does not decay for 15 seconds if it is partially filled. If no stuns or other CC effects, it decays normally after 15 seconds.

< this could work it still advantage more people that know how to play but i can see noob having more time to learn how it works

Resolve bar does not start decaying while in respawn area or out of combat.

< this could work it still advantage more people that know how to play but i can see noob having more time to learn how it works

Reduce the CD on the CC breaker down to 1 minute and reset on death.

< this could work as well... but i would rather make CC cooldown longer

I think the last 3 could help but the first are heavily cathering to people that know how to play making the gap even bigger

as i said the problem is not CC by itself is good player vs bad player or not bad per se but not organized group

unless you fix matchmaking and good player ONLY fight good player in that case we could discuss all this changes but as long as people syncronize que to enter with 2 full group vs a bunch of SOLO players you dont want to make it easier for them to exploit the resolve mechanics

Edited by Pekish

Return Resolve back to the way it was prior to 1.4.

< good player would use it to stun lock anyway (and stun lock is mostly made by good player so this wont change much other then make the gap between bad and good even bigger)

Allow any and all CC affect the resolve bar, including slows, mezzes, ect...

< this vs bad players would allow good player (that know how to take advantage of white bar) to destroy bad player even faster in hutball type of game

Allow the resolve bar to decay after 10 seconds and be emptied by 15 seconds after it is full.

< as before more advantage to people that know how to play

Resolve bar does not decay for 15 seconds if it is partially filled. If no stuns or other CC effects, it decays normally after 15 seconds.

Resolve bar does not start decaying while in respawn area or out of combat.

Reduce the CD on the CC breaker down to 1 minute and reset on death.

< this could work as well... but i would rather make CC cooldown longer

I think the last 3 could help but the first are heavily cathering to people that know how to play making the gap even bigger

as i said the problem is not CC by itself is good player vs bad player or not bad per se but not organized group

unless you fix matchmaking and good player ONLY fight good player in that case we could discuss all this changes but as long as people syncronize que to enter with 2 full group vs a bunch of SOLO players you dont want to make it easier for them to exploit the resolve mechanics

Yes, you are correct that there would be a learning curve. That is always there. However, I believe that stun locking will be greatly reduced because now (with those suggested changes) every type of controlling affect influences the resolve bar. The first rule of thumb that all PvPers should (mind you many don't) is CC breaker isn't used until resolve bar is full (unless you are a Sage/Sorcerer in which you have 2 CC breakers one of them being Force Bubble).

Matchmaking is the crux of the problem, I'll grant you that. However, without some kind of indicator of how good a player truly is (WZ ranking and Valor level aside), you can't bring good vs good players together in matchmaking as you indicate.

However, there is a way to do that. In WoT each player has a personal rating that shows how good a player is. It is put together by number of Victories, Damage due to your assistance, Average Damage per Battle, Average Experience per Battle, and Battles survived. WoT states this about Personal Rating: "Personal Rating is a representation of a player’s skill and experience within World of Tanks. By participating in games, a player learns the nuances of tactics and game mechanics, polishes new skills, and starts to learn the game in general."

While this is a different game, it is pure PvP. BW could put something like this in and use matchmaker to put together more appropriate PvP matches with the Personal Rating of each player. A personal rating based on player performance is the only way to gauge a person's skill based on criteria required for SWTOR. I think that would solve the issue of elite players facing new or under skilled players.

Stuns are worthless in this game in Regs because because players are either breaking the stun of their teammates or chain stunning the opposing player making it impossible to fight back. The whole notion of stuns needs to be revisited as it is currently not working as intended.