Our Next Double XP Weekend (Make Good) and KDY XP

EricMusco

That's why you do one of three things.

1: Farm KDY.

2: Farm normal Flashpoints.

3: Farm PvP.

All three will give you a lot of planetary comms. I'd suggest doing KDY though since it's probably the fastest by far.

KDY gives planetary commendations? How many and from what?

Not sure if serious, or...

*checks created threads*

Wow. Serious. I totally INB4'd you. :D

It's like that kid in the bank commercial. "Who doesn't want more money?"

Don't be that kid.

Edited by DarthTHC

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really take the idea of competent Bioware testers seriously.

There was a problem, but for some reason this thread doesn't discuss it? Double EXP was working. It was flashpoint legacy experience and boost experience that was not, resulting in overall lower EXP than normal rested EXP would give.

How was this confusing?

I just a ran KDY as a level 51. Major Experience bonus, no character perks (none at all for anything), 10% guild bonus and rested. It would seem that even as a level 51, I was not getting the same amount as the Devs, who were getting more at level 50. A weird thing I noticed was randomly getting different experience for kills. It was a very small different which I am unable to explain why. The different experience started popping half way through the second instance and the exp then being gained in brackets.

Weak: 327 (330)

Normal: 547 (546)

Strong: 1653 (1651)

Elite: 4153 (4137)

Champ: 8275. Load Lifter both times

Boss: 16,551

Kill Bonus: 3060 (on each of the two random instances).

Crates bonus: 6799

Completion: 47,890

Daily Group Finder: 34,212.

Total exp earned: 284,315.

Levels of other players: 18, 43, 53.

Makes me wonder if the level of other players is having an effect on how much experience is gained, like it would do in quests and standard flashpoints.

Edited by SaberBladeUK

That's on the whole game, again? I need to talk my husband into starting new characters or taking a weekend off. All my 3 characters are far too over leveled and I have just spent hours crafting and upgrading their gear. It would be sad not to use the generous XP bonus, but I am too broke to re-equip the lot + the game becomes far too easy when characters outpace the plot so badly.

That's on the whole game, again? I need to talk my husband into starting new characters or taking a weekend off. All my 3 characters are far too over leveled and I have just spent hours crafting and upgrading their gear. It would be sad not to use the generous XP bonus, but I am too broke to re-equip the lot + the game becomes far too easy when characters outpace the plot so badly.

That seems like the biggest problem I see with the double xp. You just outlevel gear so fast and it's a pita trying to stay geared without going broke (provided you are not using mains to fund alts), especially with moddable gear.

Wish they was a credit boost/planetary coms boost that was associated with double xp weekends but I don't see that ever happening.

• Dev Post
I just a ran KDY as a level 51. Major Experience bonus, no character perks (none at all for anything), 10% guild bonus and rested. It would seem that even as a level 51, I was not getting the same amount as the Devs, who were getting more at level 50. A weird thing I noticed was randomly getting different experience for kills. It was a very small different which I am unable to explain why. The different experience started popping half way through the second instance and the exp then being gained in brackets.

Weak: 327 (330)

Normal: 547 (546)

Strong: 1653 (1651)

Elite: 4153 (4137)

Champ: 8275. Load Lifter both times

Boss: 16,551

Kill Bonus: 3060 (on each of the two random instances).

Crates bonus: 6799

Completion: 47,890

Daily Group Finder: 34,212.

Total exp earned: 284,315.

Levels of other players: 18, 43, 53.

Makes me wonder if the level of other players is having an effect on how much experience is gained, like it would do in quests and standard flashpoints.

This is all great information and I am making the devs and QA aware of the thread to follow information like this.

Thanks!

-eric

That seems like the biggest problem I see with the double xp. You just outlevel gear so fast and it's a pita trying to stay geared without going broke (provided you are not using mains to fund alts), especially with moddable gear.

Wish they was a credit boost/planetary coms boost that was associated with double xp weekends but I don't see that ever happening.

Just buy greens off the gtn every 10 levels. You don't need to be super over geared. Its not like questing is difficult in this game.

I suspected something was up the whole time. The perception of non double XP was driven by the fact that people almost ALWAYS have rested XP.

Yes, it could be an issue on live servers and not on test servers. If so, I stand corrected but I am not shocked by this update. Perception created an uproar that wasn't based on fact. Anyway, I am just glad we are getting another double XP weekend. Would be nice to know the final verdict on this issue but I honestly care a little less than other people.

The game is huge and there are MANY ways to level. KDY is hardly a big concern, in my world.

I think SaberBladeUK is onto something with the way experience is calculated with other players.

Edited by Arkerus

Actually, I feel it is vice-versa if you are a new player going through the story. With all the extra levels, you can power through without re-equips through ~ 6 levels, hoarding the PCs, particular if you have accumulated a few BS series and can stage them so you are barely under level. Then you throw all the might behind that one re-eq. If you are real lucky, you would also switch a companion by the end of it, leaving your former in rags, and bedecking the new. But if you spread the XP accumulation between a few alts, and move each a few levels up, enough to demand a re-equip, and without the PC hoard. Gods help you.

On the downside, you run a risk of being overlevelled so much that you stop accumulating the XP in the regular play, so...

So, all and all, I am inclined to starting a Level 1 character and ripping through the forgiving portions of the game to the speeder-enabled level 15 rather than messing with my mid-levels. It could be that there is also a benefit on the other end of the curve, when you are close to 50, but I am not qualified to judge.

Edited by DomiSotto

What you typed:

It's like that kid in the bank commercial. "Who doesn't want more money?"

Don't be that kid.

What I read:

I will now compare you to something irrelevant even though Double XP is good. I still need to put down someone today to feel good about myself, but since this person actually has a legitimate argument I'll just make some random comment so he thinks I won.

PS: "That kid" who has to use a different font and color to feel special is a lot worse than someone who happens to enjoy something beneficial.

Edited by idnewton

So, all and all, I am inclined to starting a Level 1 character and ripping through the forgiving portions of the game to the speeder-enabled level 15 ....
Okay, leveling a new character from 1 to 15 takes care of Friday night. How will you spend the rest of Double-XP Weekend? :D

Seriously, if I had a new guy I wanted to make, I'd be right there with ya. But, I have three level 19 alts (the last three classes I never played and have been putting off playing). So, I likely will spread the weekend across those three in an effort to expedite completing their class stories. At least I have enough time to pre-craft all the mods they and their comps will need. I'm thinking I should premake mods through level 30 for each, just to be safe.

With any luck, something will go amiss during this 2x XP weekend that will cause EA/BW to have another "Make Good" one in a few weeks, then I can push these alts through 50 and retire them forever.;)

Just buy greens off the gtn every 10 levels. You don't need to be super over geared. Its not like questing is difficult in this game.

You should really be using orange gear and gearing with mods from planetary comms to outlevel and over power the content. Just posted a guide to help some folks that will be running alts during DXP.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7332430#post7332430

Eric, thanks a lot for this extensive post. Much appreciated.

Next weekend is my birthday weekend. Admit it: You checked my account for my birthday and decided to give me a present. That's so kind, thanks. Not sure if I will spend the weekend playing Swtor though. I have enough 55s. ;)

My wife and each have Legacy gear sets stored away for this, a lot of it left over from previous leveling efforts. Because the GSF armor sets are Legacy-bound, this was pretty easy to do, since we got four GSF sets from each of our toons. We also use Section X, Makeb, and other Legacy reputation gears. :).

Right now we have blue-mod sets for each of Aim, Cunning, and Strength, at about levels 11, 19, 29, and every four to six levels thereafter up thru 53. They are mainly DPS sets which works fine even if leveling a heal or tank. We do not have sets of willpower legacy leveling gear yet, but at least any new Inquisitor/Consular we decide to roll will have well-geared companions. :)

Still need to get offhands, ears, implants and so on but that's not too difficult.

Here's a tip: Treek's two combat outfits are a good source (perhaps the only source ?) of lowest-level blue enhancements for any 'toon, as well as being a good source for Aim modifications.

Okay, leveling a new character from 1 to 15 takes care of Friday night.

???

You can get from 1 to 10 in 2 and a half hours max, without Double XP. If you're making a Sith (Korriban) it's possible to finish in half that time.

Homeworlds take a bit more, but not much :p