Our Next Double XP Weekend (Make Good) and KDY XP

EricMusco

Nooooooooooooooooo last double xp weekend I had to prepare for my last exam, and this double xp weekend I have plan for a 2 days trip :(

Well, that sucks... Still, you'll probably find the trip a lot more exciting than farming KDY over and over :D though I'm sure you'd prefer to do both.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah now how about the other bug being fixed, you know the one where if you put a skill point on in KDY it wipes 80% of your health, its not just me I have seen it happen to other people. Edited by AussieAlan

Yeah now how about the other bug being fixed, you know the one where if you put a skill point on in KDY it wipes 80% of your health, its not just me I have seen it happen to other people.

I don't think it's a bug, it has to do with Bolster. I believe it has to recalculate your stats or something, I don't know. Anyway, it used to be the same in warzones back when you could still respec in them.

i wonder if Bolster is not part of the problem? maybe it is interacting with all the other boosts and caused the error.

also I thought rested XP was turned OFF during 2x?

so you get guild boost 5-10%

you get legacy fp boost,30%

you can get 25% using cartel boosts

i can understand when guild is a even number like 6% but what happens when it is a fraction number? 6.45 for example? could the game be rounding down

and now that we are getting 2.7 on Tues,I really hope they check this out with 2.7 in addition to 2.6.2.

do have a side question,on the FP does it matter who is the group leader? in respect to their lvl?

if a group of say 15,30,42,54 are in the FP would it matter who is the leader? does the xp get adjusted anyway?

for example if the 42 were leader would the 54 get less xp? or if the 15 were leader would there even be more xp loss? one last point. when they checked for the xp issue was it before or after they fixed the other xp issue?

what if fixing the other issue also fixed the kdy one?

To me it felt as if the legacy xp perks and the cartel xp boosts were not being doubled on NPC kills within Kuat. If you're familiar with your rested xp rate in Kuat then over that double xp weekend it should have felt like xp was going at about 50% faster rate with those perks maxed and boost. It didn't.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I talked with our QA team on your reports about the XP numbers I provided being too high. It turns out the numbers I relayed were our QA folks just running through it solo to test the doubling of experience. I got them to rerun the Flashpoint to get numbers associated to being in a full 4 man group. Here are the updated numbers:

Level 15

Normal(No Boost)

Standard - 56

Strong - 172

Elite - 432

Normal(w/Boost)

Standard - 67

Strong - 207

Elite - 520

Rested/Double XP(No Boost)

Standard - 112

Strong - 343

Elite - 865

Rested/Double XP(w/Boost)

Standard - 135

Strong - 412

Elite - 1038

Level 30

Normal(No Boost)

Standard - 97

Strong - 297

Elite - 735

Normal(w/Boost)

Standard - 117

Strong - 355

Elite - 898

Standard - 193

Strong - 591

Elite - 1483

Standard - 232

Strong - 709

Elite - 1780

Level 50

Normal(No Boost)

Standard - 152

Strong - 461

Elite - 1155

Normal(w/Boost)

Standard - 184

Strong - 553

Elite - 1407

Standard - 305

Strong - 922

Elite - 2308

Standard - 366

Strong - 1105

Elite - 2770

Thanks!

-eric

Hey folks,

I talked with our QA team on your reports about the XP numbers I provided being too high. It turns out the numbers I relayed were our QA folks just running through it solo to test the doubling of experience. I got them to rerun the Flashpoint to get numbers associated to being in a full 4 man group. Here are the updated numbers:

Level 15

Normal(No Boost)

Standard - 56

Strong - 172

Elite - 432

Normal(w/Boost)

Standard - 67

Strong - 207

Elite - 520

Standard - 112

Strong - 343

Elite - 865

Standard - 135

Strong - 412

Elite - 1038

Level 30

Normal(No Boost)

Standard - 97

Strong - 297

Elite - 735

Normal(w/Boost)

Standard - 117

Strong - 355

Elite - 898

Standard - 193

Strong - 591

Elite - 1483

Standard - 232

Strong - 709

Elite - 1780

Level 50

Normal(No Boost)

Standard - 152

Strong - 461

Elite - 1155

Normal(w/Boost)

Standard - 184

Strong - 553

Elite - 1407

Standard - 305

Strong - 922

Elite - 2308

Standard - 366

Strong - 1105

Elite - 2770

Thanks!

-eric

Eric, this is confusing.

Why are you putting the rested and double XP together? They aren't supposed to be the same. As stated before, which is very obvious, the boost is not being doubled, either legacy or major, and It is supposed to be. This was stated just before the first double XP weekend.

A percentage of 310% was quoted (100+100+30+30+25+25) and now we have guild EXP to take into account (an additional 20%).

Surely these numbers prove that this is not the case?

EDIT:

Found the quote:

200% base experience

+25% Flashpoint Boost

+30% Flashpoint Legacy perk

*THIS BONUS DOES NOT STACK WITH RESTED EXPERIENCE

Since both of the boosts are being applied to double base XP, they are also doubled. Do you know what that means?!

+310% bonus experience! That is over triple the experience. Enjoying your leveling my friends!

TLDR, yes they stack and for the math nerds it is multiplicative on top of the new base of 200% (assuming I understood it all correctly)

-eric

Surely we should be at 330% total now with guild bonus?

330% of 1,155 gives calculates at 3,811.50. Or am I missing something?

And if that multiplication of the boosts is on top of the new base of 200%, that should be even higher

Edited by TheGreatFrosty

Eric, this is confusing.

Why are you putting the rested and double XP together? They aren't supposed to be the same. As stated before, which is very obvious, the boost is not being doubled, either legacy or major, and It is supposed to be. This was stated just before the first double XP weekend.

A percentage of 310% was quoted (100+100+30+30+25+25) and now we have guild EXP to take into account (an additional 20%).

Surely these numbers prove that this is not the case?

I agree; there are way more combinations on XP bonuses than the four given by Eric. Also, if I remember correctly, the 25% XP boost item boosts the base XP and not the XP including subsriber bonus, which is why you can't just add up all the percentages.

Maybe it would be better to give us the actual formula so we can calculate the XP ourselves? :rak_02:

We should also talk about why in mixed Groups With lowbies and 50+ players loot for an entire pack of NPCs only gives around 17gold pr. player. That is not getting scaled up. Way too low moneywize.

And, why defeating a Champion miniboss only gives 2000xp for a 50+ player. Shouldn't this be higher?

And for the love of something holy, give XP for the 6-7 golds we have to kill if the creation of the fighter failes, then you dont get any xp for clearing to the elevator. And the succesful creation of the fighter only gives around 1700xp, way too low for a bonus.

I agree; there are way more combinations on XP bonuses than the four given by Eric. Also, if I remember correctly, the 25% XP boost item boosts the base XP and not the XP including subsriber bonus, which is why you can't just add up all the percentages.

Maybe it would be better to give us the actual formula so we can calculate the XP ourselves? :rak_02:

I was just thinking on the way home, it should be higher. I remember the original weekend giving significantly higher EXP returns, and this explains it.

The base became 200% (or reduced in in accordance to whether you are F2P or not) and the boosts then work off that base. So a 200% base on 1,155 would be 2,310 and then you add the bonuses.

2,310 x the 130% bonus = 5,313. And those are the sort of numbers we saw in the first weekend.

I still believe the xp in KDY is lower on purpose and this is mostly just PR stuff...That or BW is just really bad at math...

I believe the latter may be true, or that the Devs wish to go back on their original XP multipliers after deeming them to be too large.

Level 15

Normal(No Boost)

Standard - 56

Normal(w/Boost)

Standard - 67

-eric

Eric, this is really getting old to keep repeating, trying to get an answer. I bolded for better affect of this fact: your own math says you lie about xp boosts! I will point out, yet again, that xp boosts claim a 25% increase, NOT the 20% you keep showing.

If it was, in fact, the 25% shown on the boosts themselves, it would be a boost to 70 xp, with no other boosts applied.

So, I ask again, and beg an answer: what is actually going on with these numbers?

Eric, this is really getting old to keep repeating, trying to get an answer. I bolded for better affect of this fact: your own math says you lie about xp boosts! I will point out, yet again, that xp boosts claim a 25% increase, NOT the 20% you keep showing.

If it was, in fact, the 25% shown on the boosts themselves, it would be a boost to 70 xp, with no other boosts applied.

So, I ask again, and beg an answer: what is actually going on with these numbers?

A lot of people are confused about this, but the numbers are in fact correct.

"Normal(No Boost)" is not the base xp, it is the normal XP that subscribers are getting, which is higher than base xp.

The 25% boost is based off the base xp, not the subscriber xp. When you calculate the boost based on the base xp, it is 25%; if you calculate it based on the subscriber xp, it will be lower.

Edited by Jerba

I agree, these numbers are far short of the 310% XP promised(That however should be wrong because you are forgetting guild xp of 10%, then double to 20% for a total of 330%?)

Hey folks,

Level 15

Normal(No Boost)

Standard - 56

Strong - 172

Elite - 432

Normal(w/Boost)

Standard - 67

Strong - 207

Elite - 520

Standard - 112

Strong - 343

Elite - 865

Standard - 135

Strong - 412

Elite - 1038

Level 30

Normal(No Boost)

Standard - 97

Strong - 297

Elite - 735

Normal(w/Boost)

Standard - 117

Strong - 355

Elite - 898

Standard - 193

Strong - 591

Elite - 1483

Standard - 232

Strong - 709

Elite - 1780

Level 50

Normal(No Boost)

Standard - 152

Strong - 461

Elite - 1155

Normal(w/Boost)

Standard - 184

Strong - 553

Elite - 1407

Standard - 305

Strong - 922

Elite - 2308

Standard - 366

Strong - 1105

Elite - 2770

Thanks!

-eric

Lets start with Level 15 Normal(No Boost) compared to All boosts:

Standard No Boost: 56

Standard All Boosts: 113

Total Bonus of: 201.8%

a discrepancy of -108% if promised 310%,

or a discrepancy-128% if promised 330% which is what I am figuring with bonus guild XP

Now Strongs:

Strong No Boost: 172

Strong All Boosts: 412

Total Bonus of: 240%

a discrepancy of -70% if promised 310%,

or a discrepancy-90% if promised 330% which is what I am figuring with bonus guild XP

Now Elites

Elite No Boost: 432

Elite All Boosts: 1038

or a discrepancy-90% if promised 330% which is what I am figuring with bonus guild XP

The percentages are similar for each bracket(level's 30 & 50) which are the following(off by 1-2 percent, very negligible):

As I understand it, f2p is the baseline off of which things are multiplied.

"Normal(No Boost)" is not the base xp, it is the normal XP that subscribers are getting, which is higher than base xp.

The 25% boost is based off the base xp, not the subscriber xp. When you calculate the boost based on the base xp, it is 25%; if you calculate it based on the subscriber xp, it will be lower.

Which is beyond dumb as it says if you subscribe, you gain less of a benefit from paid boosts than those that don't subscribe.

But even accounting for the 25% boost not being 25% for subscribers, the math for double xp applying all boosts on the doubled base is still off as Eric keeps showing rested (which is a 100% bonus on base, with all other bonuses and boosts applied against the base) as the same as double xp (which should have all bonuses and boosts applied against the doubled base, effectively doubling the bonuses and boosts).

IMO, it is clear that Bioware is either intentionally misrepresenting boosts and double XP or has created an XP system so overly complicated they don't even understand how it works.

Edited by DawnAskham

Which is beyond dumb as it says if you subscribe, you gain less of a benefit from paid boosts than those that don't subscribe.

But even accounting for the 25% boost not being 25% for subscribers, the math for double xp applying all boosts on the doubled base is still off as Eric keeps showing rested (which is a 100% bonus on base, with all other bonuses and boosts applied against the base) as the same as double xp (which should have all bonuses and boosts applied against the doubled base).

IMO, it is clear that Bioware is either intentionally misrepresenting boosts and double XP or has created an XP system so overly complicated they don't even understand how it works.

The bonus is actually the same for f2p and subscribers in absolute terms(how much extra xp is granted). Percentage wise, yes a f2p benefits more from the boost than a subscriber.

But even accounting for the 25% boost not being 25% for subscribers, the math for double xp applying all boosts on the doubled base is still off as Eric keeps showing rested (which is a 100% bonus on base, with all other bonuses and boosts applied against the base) as the same as double xp (which should have all bonuses and boosts applied against the doubled base).

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mf3e36uHSe1rbb2nd.gif

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Double experience and rested experience appear to be the only multiplicative multipliers, with the rest as flat stacking multipliers.

I haven't experimented with boost/non-boost rested experience, but it certainly doubles the subscriber bonus normally.

This has been answered several times in this thread, the most recent being this:

In the dev post when it says no boost xp is 56, they mean subscriber with no additional boost is 56. Meaning that the actual base xp (f2p without subscriber xp boost) is 56/1.25 = 44.8. The actual base xp is 45, not 56. Now, boost this with the 25% consumable (and 25% subscriber xp boost) and you have a 50% xp boost, so 45*1.5 = 67.

This is the exact number in the dev post; there is no conspiracy to steal your xp. They probably should have used the f2p (actual base) numbers in the original dev number, but the number add up nonetheless.

This has been answered several times in this thread, the most recent being this:

In the dev post when it says no boost xp is 56, they mean subscriber with no additional boost is 56. Meaning that the actual base xp (f2p without subscriber xp boost) is 56/1.25 = 44.8. The actual base xp is 45, not 56. Now, boost this with the 25% consumable (and 25% subscriber xp boost) and you have a 50% xp boost, so 45*1.5 = 67.

This is the exact number in the dev post; there is no conspiracy to steal your xp. They probably should have used the f2p (actual base) numbers in the original dev number, but the number add up nonetheless.

Even so, the numbers don't add up to the 310-330% XP that was promised.