Our Next Double XP Weekend (Make Good) and KDY XP

EricMusco

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even so, the numbers don't add up to the 310-330% XP that was promised.

The original "310% post" is misleading for subscribers, it also forgot to account for the subscriber bonus.

The original post said '200% base with 25% boost and 30% legacy, for 310% total".

Corrected for subscriber bonus, but still in terms of what a subscriber would see:

[normal subscriber xp] / [subscriber bonus xp] = [actual base xp]

[actual base xp] * [double xp] = [double xp base]

[double xp base] * [1 + subscriber bonus + boost + legacy] = [actual xp gain]

100/1.25=80

80*2=160

160*(1+.25+.25+.3)= 288

For a subscriber, the original post should have said 288%, not 310%.

Following this, including a 10% guild xp bonus would make it:

160*(1+.25+.25+.3+.1) = 304

With all boosts and bonuses, a subscriber during double xp should get 304% xp.

However, you could view this another way as 304xp/80xp base = 380% xp.

A subscriber will receive 380% xp with all boosts in double xp, but compared to the normal 125% from the subscriber bonus, it will only seem like 304%.

The 310% (and 330% numbers) are correct for f2p players:

160*(1+.25+.3)=248 -> 248/80 = 310%

160*(1+.25+.3+.1)= 264 -> 264/80 = 330%

TLDR: The 310%/330% numbers are what f2p will see. At max boost, a subscriber will receive 380%xp, however it will only appear to be 304% if you compare it to the number including the innate subscriber bonus.

Edited by Lord_Of_Sith

What?

How do his numbers show even a straight 300%? And why would guild boost not be calculated? Why arbitrarily leave out one boost in the calculation but, supposedly, non other?

Hold on now, the 310% number is not simply doubled boosted mob xp.

Thanks for the segue! Let me blow your minds :rak_03:

My understanding of the system is that all of our boosts will multiply from the new base of 200%, so now is the perfect time to get those Legacy perks and XP boosts. I will show you why.

Let's say you planned to level during the March to Makeb entirely through... Flashpoints.

200% base experience

+25% Flashpoint Boost

+30% Flashpoint Legacy perk

*THIS BONUS DOES NOT STACK WITH RESTED EXPERIENCE

Since both of the boosts are being applied to double base XP, they are also doubled. Do you know what that means?!

+310% bonus experience! That is over triple the experience. Enjoying your leveling my friends!

TLDR, yes they stack and for the math nerds it is multiplicative on top of the new base of 200% (assuming I understood it all correctly)

-eric

Edited by Vandicus

Hey folks!

Level 50

Rested/Double XP(No Boost)

Standard – 557

Strong – 1680

Elite – 4198

Boss - 16800

-eric

Just to add to the general confusion here.

I didn't level anything new during the last double xp. I only got my 53 Shadow to 55.

I remember commenting to a friend how awesome kuat was during that time and she told me that it was bugged. I was really surprised by that, because for me, it was huge xp gain. I didn't bother with boosters because it was really fast.

If these are the number we were suppose to be getting, those were the numbers I did get with my shadow.

It's really strange how this works.

ERIC, once again, please have the QA test the legacy flashpoint xp boosts as well. Something isnt adding up, and many, including myself, believe there is an issue with this in KDY during 2xp

What isn't adding up? You didn't show any new calculations, and the previous beliefs regarding Eric's numbers being off were shown to be mistaken.

Have we got times for the double XP start/stop yet?

I really hope Bioware set the duration of the event to be a multiple of 24 hrs so all time zones get the same access to the event.

2 AM Pacific on april 11th - 2 AM pacific april 14th...they have the events going on auto starts/end, so the moment it hits 2 AM pacific on the 14th it ends

though it COULD end on the 13th

I am glad for this extra 2x xp, but wish it was a bit later, it starts this Friday, isn't a week this Friday easter, would have been nice to do it over the long weekend.

I would remind anyone going to reply, didn't they have one last year over 4th July weekend, and that other thing in November.

• 4 weeks later...
Boooo. So I have to find something else to do than play SWTOR next weekend.

Could I get a no XP weekend at some point to make up for all these double XP weekends?

Hahaha I like that idea but don't think it will ever come to pass. I'd like the idea of a button you can select to YES join in the double xp & collect or NO to NOT when these events come about. I'd like it for each section, for it to ask us at every turn, that would make it more practical & have the chance to take advantage when it would be of service to our toon's. Don't get me wrong I do take advantage of it if it serves me to progress in relaxed way. Please make this an option, many folks, especially the newbies are feeling the crunch when missions of all types go grey when are not wanting that to occur & other's just like to be able to progress casually... :ph_thank_you: Bio Ware & SWTOR.....:DLunar :p:eek::) - Beregen Colony :sy_lightside: Light-Sider; :wea_03: Sentinel :csw_yoda:Yoda Family Legacy

• 11 months later...

Just came to the thread to check if the double exp week was still happening. Is it? Or is it just being added to the double exp week? I suppose no one knows if there is this level of mis-communication in the companies decisions on what to do.

Oh god this was last year. Why hasn't this thread been closed? LOL

Edited by lolploxftw

Sorry, by bad, someone just sent me the link today, and I checked the days not the year..... :eek:

The post before yours was dated 05.04.2014, so you actually thought May 4th 2015 had already happened? Happy Star Wars Day to you in the future, but the rest of us are still in April :D