Have an idea for a Warzone? Share it with a Dev!

AlexModny

ilum wasnt a pvp planet it was a pvp zone the rest is pve questing im talking an entire planet dedicated to fullscale pvp war with objectives

So what you're asking for is Ilum on a larger scale? The fact remains that the engine can't handle large scale combat.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i been around since beta to closed to open beta. What do u think conquest is for with the guild ships lol ive seen 20 plus people taking the commanders and them fighting the other side. Bioware is just bieng lazy and wanting to instance everything. The game cant survive on warzones only its repetitive and once you get your gear whats left to do? more warzones? again need to get into modern times here

AWESOME I CAN FINALLY BE HEARD!!! Ok here we go...

1.take some old warzone games and change the maps we already have cool games as is...

1.1-void star-turn this map into a Jedi temple. Have the pubs defend it against a team of imps who are trying to steal a rare datacron.

1.2-civil war-turn is map in a dromund kaas forest like map... The layout would be more circular with tree everywhere.

1.3-ancient hyper gate-turn this map into a ilum style map also release the pylons so you can to can the pylons on the side but you orbs have to be brought to the middle.

1.4-nove coast-make a new map of this on corellia I feel the layout is good just being in streets of the planet.

1.5-huttball- once again change the game and make it interesting. Both teams only have one goal and the ball is on the other side of the map.

1.6-arena-for this arena map we ca. Have traps like in both huttball maps I think it would make things interesting... Also would be nice to see it on belsavis

2. Name-spacelock

Map- 4 ship that (like civil war) can be accessed though your main ship when you respawn.

Game-need 2 nods to do damage of a total of 5 nods to the fleet (one nod can not be accessed till end of game when one team has finished)[also on the last nod you can not you any speed stealth or roll to get to the main computer] Each fleet has 3 ships that will be destroyed over time. The more ships you destroy the more point you get. Point it you can tie the game. At the end of the game the first team to activate its fleet control panel which would be on only ship without a nod (only ship that would be grey out till the end)

Point-I feel this game is ment to spilt up the team of 8 but however like all warzones this one can be easily exploited. Mined its just an idea.

3. Mix GSF with Warzones

Game this will be 8v8 a team of 4 on the ground and 4 in the sky. Each team can help the other OR Hurt the others chances of winning. Like novecoast you will have the ground team take out 3 nods (turrets) to aid the sky team. When the sky team must do the same but in GSF style. Each team will be affected by the other. Turrets can hurt sky team (controlled by players like the redeemer ship but on the ground) and the skyteam is attacked shields to those turrets in order to get the ground team inside and control (ground team can get in without skyteam but it would take longer)

4. 8v8 TEAMDEATH MATCH

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this

Thank you for your time please feel free to improve my ideas and for the good ideas you have my consent to use them. Thanks again

I have one. Rescue.

2 sides have to fight to get to a boss NPC on both sides and rescue him. Each sides PvPers has to account for preventing rescue the boss on their side as well as trying to rescue the boss the enemy team has on their side and at the same time, along with that, the boss they are trying to rescue is a tactical flashpoint for PvErs and if the PvErs kill the boss first, the opposing teams PvPers who are fighting to get to that boss to rescue him lose as well as the PvEers trying to kill the other boss . Alternatively; if the PvPers rescue their boss, the opposing faction PvEers trying to kill the boss and PvPers trying to rescue their boss loses. PvEers are not attackable by PvPers.

My idea is a map that runs very similarly to the Alderaan Warzone.

Two teams descend from drop ships and fight over control points on the ground. The control points control turrets that will fire upon the opposing drop ship of the team that controls them. This map could possibly be a little smaller than than Alderaan map and maybe only have two turrets instead of three because there is an additional element to this Warzone.

In addition to using the turrets to destroy the enemy drop ships: players can run across the map and physically board the enemy drop ship (possibly from the use of a speeder on the ground or some kind of devise that literally launches players onto the exterior of the enemy drop ship). From there, players must "blast" open a hatch on the drop ship (click on a door to set charges) in order to enter. At this point, the pilot of the ship could yell out a warning to the ship's team letting them know than enemies have broken into the ship itself. Once inside, players can navigate their way through the halls of the drop ship itself down to the engine room. On either side of the engine room will be a node than can be clicked on where players can plant charges directly to the engines. If this is done and an explosive charge goes off, it does an instantaneous massive amount of damage to the ship (say 25%-35%). This will be very hard to pull off because players from the team defending the ship will be respawning just a short run away.

The drop ships will need to be much bigger and more detailed than the existing ones for the Alderaan Warzone. Not to big, but big enough so that players can venture into the ships and have small skirmishes (the first room in Voidstar comes to mind).

So this thread started nearly 7.5 months ago. Bio Ware are you at least working on something? Any kind of ideas? Give us some hope before more of us pack up and leave. Your lack of concern for the PVP community, is really lame and flat out shameful. Im a sub now, but you better give us something soon as far as a new map. Or its sayonara

I'd like to see some objective based 4's games. maybe something like a smaller huttball match. Just tired of arena 4's. Takes very little imagination to make these. Arena 4 maps are pretty much take an area of a planet, cut out a place that is isolated, and bam, new arena.

At least with objective based 4's it would get people change the way think and move. And maybe give ranked a new wrinkle.

This is my idea, make arenas a separate queue. Half the ************ on this forum will end. And those of us who play a class and spec you nerfed into the ground to appease sorcs don't have to get 7 arenas in a row with a group of fresh 55s in no gear, again due to your genius.

This is my idea, make arenas a separate queue. Half the ************ on this forum will end. And those of us who play a class and spec you nerfed into the ground to appease sorcs don't have to get 7 arenas in a row with a group of fresh 55s in no gear, again due to your genius.

First of all, the ************ on this forum will never end. EVER.

Secondly:

Hey discbox!

You raise a good question and it is one I can answer. There are two reasons it appears as it does currently in the queue. First, what you have to keep in mind is that Arenas are a new type of Warzone. Similar to how Huttball is a type of Warzone and Voidstar is a type. Technically each different Warzone currently in the game is its own type, with a single map of that type. Warzone Arenas are the "type" 4v4 deathmatch with 3 different maps. That is why they are in the Warzone queue.

Secondly...

As we continue to separate queues, we will continue to increase queue times. Our goal is to make sure you can get into the PvP action ASAP!

Hope that answers your question.

So this thread started nearly 7.5 months ago. Bio Ware are you at least working on something? Any kind of ideas? Give us some hope before more of us pack up and leave. Your lack of concern for the PVP community, is really lame and flat out shameful. Im a sub now, but you better give us something soon as far as a new map. Or its sayonara

I'm not going anywhere, but what this guy said ^.

• 4 weeks later...
A battle in a city would be fun. Like Mos Eisley. Have a deathmatch free for all. Last one standing no teams. And have 4v4 and 8v8 or more. Have objectives that are similiar to a huttball that requires the person to score. Give access to turrets, air strikes and other large weapons or obstacles to allow for defense.

A battle in a city would be fun. Like Mos Eisley. Have a deathmatch free for all. Last one standing no teams. And have 4v4 and 8v8 or more. Have objectives that are similiar to a huttball that requires the person to score. Give access to turrets, air strikes and other large weapons or obstacles to allow for defense.

love it.