The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Frequently Asked PvP Questions

EricMusco

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bleh. barely played since this thread was made. all motivation lost... time to cancel the sub and put the money towards something better. It was a fun return to swtor and if they ever get their heads out of their asses and figure out cross server queues i might return.

Compared to the outcry of the PvE players against Ganking, this sounds horrible to me.

Because in its essence, the Gree Event was nothing but an huge Ganking-fest. At least on my server.

strange. I always seen people all together around the turn in spot, just ignoring each other and waiting to turn in there little quests...only ganking i see is the lone folks doing the pve dailies.

Ironic though, that the most pvp this event brings is while doing a pve quest, while the most PVE that occurs is doing the pvp quests...

Too difficult and technically challenging!

no

This will never get old...yet its sad at the same time that there are so many memes making fun of these dev's...You think they would of learned after the H2F fiasco.

This will never get old...yet its sad at the same time that there are so many memes making fun of these dev's...You think they would of learned after the H2F fiasco.

You just have a perception issue when it comes to PvP.

Teams of stunlocking operatives are standing by for anyone whose having trouble unsubbing.

Next monday is concealment day!!!!

and Smash... no other specs allowed.... and after that everybody unsubs

Edited by Cordorian

well you could allow F2Ps to que for ranked, i mean considering the only people whose oppinions you care about are the F2P carebare casuals you might as well let them run ranked, that would increase que pops at least. Althought i find it funny that you dont give a damn about what your pvp community wants, yet all you horrible class changes are built around arenas whitch is something your socalled "casual" target community cant even participate in. lawls

well you could allow F2Ps to que for ranked, i mean considering the only people whose oppinions you care about are the F2P carebare casuals you might as well let them run ranked, that would increase que pops at least. Althought i find it funny that you dont give a damn about what your pvp community wants, yet all you horrible class changes are built around arenas whitch is something your socalled "casual" target community cant even participate in. lawls

Well they did say a while ago (like 8 months) that they would be removing the restrictions on warzones to F2P players.

They won't remove the restriction until WZ queues reach a critically low volume. Until then they will continue to charge people for weekly unlocks. Or, in Bio-speak, "it's on the table for future implementation but at this time we do not plan on making any changes." It's just smart business. Edited by BobaFaceroll

i haven't had a chance to read thru all of this...but you really need to be thinking of both sides PVP and PVE....BALANCE it out folks....three healers on one team and none on the other in the same faction...booo!

I have one toon i primarily PVP on and other for PVE...i am a sub since Feb of 2012, don't forget us...please.

Are there any plans of expanding open world PvP?

Currently we have no plans of expanding open world PvP, specifically to say we don’t have any plans to introduce any new systems which offer rewards around it. However, we will continue to encourage open world PvP in events and future content. Some examples of this would be the Oricon daily area and the shared questing areas of the Rakghoul event.

I think we would all like some type of daily/weekly until you guys are ready to make another full blown pvp area. A new world PVP area is needed in the near future, we were promised something like the Ilum area, right?

Are there any plans to address teams having healer hybrids in Arenas fighting against teams without a healer?

This is a question of how long we want to wait to pop an Arena match when it relates to hybrids. We could, in theory, create restrictions around matchmaking to pair you only against someone extremely similar to your character in both rating and “spec” layout. However if we did that, it would have very serious effects on how long a queue takes to pop. We had to make a decision to err on the side of having more matches pop than simply trying to mirror the teams exactly. The only option to address this would be to tighten restrictions on matchmaking but this will result in greatly increased queue length, which is not favorable.

I don't think you guys have to RESTRICT anything. Just make to role selection system better at diagnosing who is just a healer hiding as a damage player. People have figured out the bounds of how it selects roles and are abusing it.

-eric[/color]

It's obvious - he's here to poke and poke and poke until he gets the attention he wants and then he'll report someone for being mean to him. He's here to cause trouble and antagonize frustrated PvPers...they're easy targets for him.

there are still PvPers in this game?... hackz:P

Edited by Cordorian

We dont need any kind open world pvp without fixing faction population imbalance first. :rolleyes:

Since its impossible, means we dont need any kind OWPVP.

Arenas 2x2, 3x3 and 8x8, fixing rating system (no losing rating, only gain), and ranked Huttball 8x8 League its what we need indeed. Oh yes, warzones 16x16 will be fun too.

Edited by TonyDragonflame

We dont need any kind open world pvp without fixing faction population imbalance first. :rolleyes:

Since its impossible, means we dont need any kind OWPVP.

Arenas 2x2, 3x3 and 8x8, fixing rating system (no losing rating, only gain), and ranked Huttball 8x8 League its what we need indeed.

lol WAT

lol WAT

Use search on forum for finding threads about rating system and suggestions about it, there will be answer. :rolleyes:

Shortly: current ELO system dont work for casuals and low population and any losing rating discourage players for playing Ranked. Players dont want play cuz they dont want losing rating and became "bads", worse than "noobz" with start 1200 rating.

Rating for all must start from 0 and only get scores for win and get 0 for lose. So "bads" who only losing will feel self like '"noobz", but at least dont worse than "noobz", and will continue playing trying get better instead just stop playing Ranked. So moar players = faster queues.

Oh yes, and cross-faction solo ranked please.

So you exaggerated to look cool, or you simply realized that the truth wasn't a very convincing argument?

You should probably think about what you're typing. These replies make you sound like an idiot and I'm sure that's not the case. At the time you discontinue your subscription, you still have time remaining before the time you've paid for already runs out. In some cases this could be 3-6 months if they weren't paying monthly.

But you don't care about facts that don't support your argument, now do you?

Use search on forum for finding threads about rating system and suggestions about it, there will be answer. :rolleyes:

Shortly: current ELO system dont work for casuals and low population and any losing rating discourage players for playing Ranked. Players dont want play cuz they dont want losing rating and became "bads", worse than "noobz" with start 1200 rating.

Rating for all must start from 0 and only get scores for win and get 0 for lose. So "bads" who only losing will feel self like '"noobz", but at least dont worse than "noobz", and will continue playing trying get better instead just stop playing Ranked. So moar players = faster queues.

Oh yes, and cross-faction solo ranked please.

If losing ranking is keeping you from participating in ranked, then ranked probably isn't for you.

Rating needs to reset every month. BUT your highest rating of the season will not reset. Gives everyone a chance to make a new push for a high rating instead of getting a rating, then playing ELO roulette with who is in queue.

Then what would be the consequences of losing? Would you lose rating if you quit? There should be a risk factor for ranked.

Gained zero rating for losing its "soft risk" instead of gained negative rating below starting which can discourage in further participation.