Petition to keep the Rancor exclusive to PVP.

Arkillon

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is quite pathetic. PVP is nothing special. PVE is nothing special. You want a rare item? earn it. Too lazy? wait for it to come to the CM re-skin. Majority of rated PVP is broken and cheated anyway. Just take your medicine and quit crying. People are so think they are so entitled. You didnt see a petition from PVE'rs to make the rakghoul event a non pvp area did you? Even though ganking was an on going event. Its not bioware (all though they are doing their part) that is bringing this game down..its QQ'rs like you that whine about petty siht. Get over yourself and enjoy the friggin game.

After discussing with a few friends, we established that the actual controversy was the fact that pvpers (seriously) have close to no exclusve items whatsoever, and that would have been the first one.

I understand that it's a RANCOR, and that it's "THE" beast in the SW lore that everyone would like to have as a mount (that or a krayt dragon) and thus keeping a rancor only for pvpers would make a lot of people get angry over that. They should (as someone mentioned in a previous post) have put a rancor for both, but at the same time adding some items for pvpers that make it worth doing ranked. Because for now, ranked is purely for one's pride, since the Obroan gear is obtainable via weekly/daily quests. Ranked brings you basically nothing...

So "bar's been lowered, BW better square up" would imply; Make the titan-6, avalanche tank and helio pod obtainable via PVP or for ranked comms at the pvp vendor, or put exclusive mounts obtainable ONLY via pvp, without any reskins whatsoever in the CM.

Those three mounts, minus the avalanche which is easy to obtain (even in pvp gear) are not guaranteed for all PVE'rs. They are a 25% drop on NIGHTMARE content. I would put good money on it that only about 5% of all the SWTOR population has one or more of those mounts. You are making PVP'rs look really bad and pathetic.

I agree with your basic principle, but fighting the battle on the rancor mount is pointless. They were planning to re-skin that ****** the whole time. They love to pull the exclusive - i have no intention of leaving that exclusive trick all the time. They feed us the same crap sandwich all the time. I mean they are willing to tell you their game doesn't care that your earned 3500 ranked comms for a gun and now 45 blues are better, are you really surprised at this poop sandwich of a different flavor.

Don't talk them into making the same mistake with PVE rewards. The point is to make the reward that shows you are an elite pvper - not something that most pve-ers would cut their left arm off and mail it to Bioware for. They will always cave. I'd rather find something pve-ers will never want or even hate and wear it like a badge of honor. Its the only way you will ever have anything "SPECIAL"

There is nothing wrong with wanting A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE reward. People that tell you that you shouldn't or aren't willing to admit it are just part of the everybody gets a trophy mentality. Those people aren't worth your time, don't feed the trolls.

Suggest a reward or request a reward that is simple noticeable and absolutely pointless to re-skin and then it would make sense for them to leave it exclusive. Be prepared for them to go back on their word for that too though, it will just be more satisfying to get fed that crap sandwich cause they won't have a good excuse.

Many raiding guilds knew DF would drop grob'thok the second they heard Rancor Mounts. We'll also probably see a pet drop from DP. [i still think it's a typo that DP has grob'thok drop. That'd be stupid seeing as he is in DF, be like titan 6 mount dropping from TfB.]

I'm not sure. I know many players consider DF and DP to really be a single, 10-boss operation, just split in 2 phases. It could be that Bioware also thinks of them as a single op, so dropping the rancor in DP would not occur as strange.

i don't think anyone cares if a mount is earned in nightmare raids. while it's pve, it still takes dedication and a certain kind of skill.

no one is surprised bioware will milk all the casuals and bads with the rancor on the cm.

the entire point of every "rage thread" is that pvpers want something unique too. the makeup of any competitive player whether it's pve or pvp, is to be recognized amongst the community as being good or the best or maybe even good and lucky (like with the certain rare pve mounts).

everyone who argues "this is just a game, not a job" is just really awful at the game and they should question why they spend so much time playing an mmo just to suck at it.

not a surprise something as iconic as a rancor isn't going to be exclusive...but we should get SOMETHING cooler than recolored armor and a stupid title that 10% of the server will have since 1500 is so braindead easy to get

So how do you "keep" something exclusive that was never exclusive in the first place? BW simply announced that the Tier 5 rewards would include "Giradda The Hutt's Rancor Mount". Where did it say that all Rancor mounts of any type would only be for PVP'ers? Oh right, it didn't.

Unfortunately, PVP'ers just made this ridiculous, baseless assumption that somehow every possible variation of Rancor mount would be off-limits for everyone but them. So all this petition stuff and whining....on both sides...is completely pointless. There was no reason for non-PVP'ers to flood the forums with cries for Rancor mounts and there was no reason for PVP'ers to flood the forums with cries to "keep it exclusive". You get Giradda the Hutt's Rancor Mount. That's what is exclusive. That's what tells the rest of us that you're a l33t PVP'er (not that we care). Nobody promised you that no one would ever get any other type of Rancor mount ever....and BW certainly didn't "cave" or change their stance as they never said this would be the only type of Rancor mount ever created or that PVP'ers would have some of exclusive hold on Rancor mounts. The stance you imagined them to have was just that....your imagination. Frankly, it was ridiculous for anyone to even assume that would have been the case when pretty much all these mounts have variations for different types of rewards, rep vendors, CM, etc. Now, stop with the delusions and come back and join the rest of us in reality, lol.

i don't think anyone cares if a mount is earned in nightmare raids. while it's pve, it still takes dedication and a certain kind of skill.

no one is surprised bioware will milk all the casuals and bads with the rancor on the cm.

the entire point of every "rage thread" is that pvpers want something unique too. the makeup of any competitive player whether it's pve or pvp, is to be recognized amongst the community as being good or the best or maybe even good and lucky (like with the certain rare pve mounts).

everyone who argues "this is just a game, not a job" is just really awful at the game and they should question why they spend so much time playing an mmo just to suck at it.

not a surprise something as iconic as a rancor isn't going to be exclusive...but we should get SOMETHING cooler than recolored armor and a stupid title that 10% of the server will have since 1500 is so braindead easy to get

If "1500 is so braindead easy to get" then even if they kept rancor "exclusive" the same number of people would have the "exclusive rancor" that will now have the exclusive title that you are calling "stupid".

You WILL be able "to be recognized amongst the community as being good or the best or maybe even good and lucky (like with the certain rare pve mounts)." The title you get will be your "proof" that you are "good or the best".

I will agree with keeping the rancor mounts off the CM but I think that now and going forward these kinds of unique mounts should have a pvp and pve version. I however think that the PvE one should be removed after the next tier comes out to make it more exclusive similar to how the pvp mount will be this change would have to be accompanied with a more guaranteed way of getting the mount instead of a random drop. The idea though of keeping a mount entirely exclusive to PvE or PvP is a selfish idea and won't happen especially in this case where I believe the rancor mount was first planned for PvE because of the cyborg rancor boss. But I do see the desire and benefit of some exclusivity to mounts which is why I think the PvE mounts need to be obtainable for a limited time preferably not on the CM at all as exclusive and cool mounts like this that they can show off is what drives many players to play the game. Because the PvP mount almost my entire PvE focused guild has been doing PvP however those who have decided not to have decided this because they would rather just get it off the CM later which is not the kind of attitude people should have with content if the game wants to grow and have active players. I am doing PvP actively for the first time is over a year just because of this mount already sure that a PvE version would be coming as well but the CM kind of kills my desire for it because the PvP one will take time and a level of skill to obtain as will the PvE one but there will be a hundred rancors running around on fleet and at that point a unique skin doesn't matter that much because it gets lost in the sea of all the other mounts with the same model.

TL;DR Have a PvP and limited time PvE version of the rancor mount without a version on the CM so that I have a reason to do PvP and PvE all day instead of sitting on my ship crafting endless augment kits so I can buy something only slightly different off the GTN.

Why exactly no lifers has to be treated as special snowflakes in a casual game?

Genuinely, how can some people expect a type of mount that a lot of people have asked for, and is iconic, to only be available to PVPers? It makes no sense. It would be like Bioware finally giving us a hood toggle, but stating that only Sith Assassins could use it.

Also to add to the recurring theme in some replies, I find the idea of "serious PVP" etc to be a contradiction. I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you think anything about playing a video game is serious, it's time to get another hobby. Video games are the definition of casual entertainment, and pretty mindless. You're not serious, special or hardcore if you spend hours at a time pretending to be a Jedi in a video game.

Petition Denied, Sorry can't say I support this idea. I'd rather like a Rancor Mount myself, however I don't PvP, neither do many others. Well.. I suppose I might on occasion.. but not competitively. I prefer the PvE content and to make it exclusive to one group of players over another would likely cost them subs as this "I'm a PvP'er and should get what I want thing" is exactly why many things in WoW are so messed up (Which I quit playing anyway). Bio Ware's out to make money, not loose it.

I'm really disappointed to ALREADY hear that the Rancor will be put in PVE and even CM. What do pvpers have so far that is really neat and especially exclusive to pvp? Basically nothing. The so-called rated gear we had is now avaiable on GTN, the crystals are all craftable... Woopdidoo, we get about 2-3 pets. Can we not have, for the first time, an exclusive and interesting mount that will be available only to the pvpers that worked for it? Pve-ers still have until april to work and get their ranked rating up. Why cater to the lowest denominator???

The amount of people already complaining about how it'll be available to everyone should make BW re-think their announcement.

Welcome to the real world...

At the moment I sow Rancor mount mentioned I was sure that version/reskin of it will end on CM, as Tauntaun ones. NiM version was mentioned some time (data mined I think) before PvP reward so it was not even mend to be unique class, just unique look.

Too bad for you that BW decided to use Rancor mount as PvP reward, they had to stick with something designed from them as those unique NiM mounts most of players don't even care about.

And nobody would have an issue with your unique mount.

Surely you can say something sillier than that. This is quite a surprise to the petulant, the childish and the ego centric, but not everyone plays games the way you do.

Poor little PvP special snowflake. It's gonna be OK. Why? Because it is just a game. No one's gonna lose their job or go to prison because someone does or does not have a certain kind of cosmetic swag in a computer game.

As someone posted somewhere, if TOR is your PvP, you are the very definition of the word "scrub."

How is saying "it's just a game" an answer to any claim as to how the game should operate? Everyone knows it's a f***ing game. It doesn't have to be the end of the world for someone to have the right complain about an injustice. Why do you spend so much time posting on the forums of a game, where all you do is bash people that're just posting about ways they think the game could be improved? You don't get to pull off an "I-have-a-real-life" ethos on a video game forum, that doesn't work here.

i thought pvp was its own reward, and pvper's didn't care about fluff?

everyone should get access to everything in the game, that doesn't affect

others.

pvp statted gear, should be earned

pve statted gear should be earned, or be able to be crafted at some expense

fluff, should be open to all. maybe have changes to make it different, but still available.

different color, design, or size,for example, whether you get it thru cm / pve / or pvp rewards.

How is saying "it's just a game" an answer to any claim as to how the game should operate? Everyone knows it's a f***ing game.

You sure about that? You seem to be getting rather hot under the collar over it for someone who claims to know it's just a game.

It doesn't have to be the end of the world for someone to have the right complain about an injustice.

"Injustice." Part of me hopes you're not joking or trolling because that kind of over-the-top hyperbole is too funny if you're trying to be serious.

Why do you spend so much time posting on the forums of a game

Why do you post on the forums?

where all you do is bash people that're just posting about ways they think the game could be improved?

The game is what it is. Play it if you like, stop if you don't. Pretty darn simple. Why?

Because it's just a game.

You sure about that? You seem to be getting rather hot under the collar over it for someone who claims to know it's just a game.

"Injustice." Part of me hopes you're not joking or trolling because that kind of over-the-top hyperbole is too funny if you're trying to be serious.

Why do you post on the forums?

The game is what it is. Play it if you like, stop if you don't. Pretty darn simple. Why?

Because it's just a game.

I, and people like me, post on the forums, because we enjoy the game, and want to discuss possible ways the game could be improved. You, and people like you, seem to think that this is unacceptable, and by saying things like "Play it if you like, stop if you don't", try to create a false dichotomy in which either someone likes the game (and therefore should be playing it, instead of posting on the forums about their disagreement with BW's recent decisions), or they don't like they game (and therefore should not be posting on the forums of a game they don't like). It is actually not pretty darn simple, so stop pretending it is. You try to shut out criticism and discussion of the game, interpreting constructive criticism as hating/trolling. It's as if you're content with mediocrity, and don't want to see any improvements made to a game that is good, but has a lot of unrealized potential that the community would like to see realized.

Also, don't answer my question with a question, and yes: I can use the word "injustice" if I want. Not a serious injustice, but the term still applies to anything that is unfair.

I, and people like me, post on the forums, because we enjoy the game, and want to discuss possible ways the game could be improved. You, and people like you, seem to think that this is unacceptable, and by saying things like "Play it if you like, stop if you don't", try to create a false dichotomy in which either someone likes the game (and therefore should be playing it, instead of posting on the forums about their disagreement with BW's recent decisions), or they don't like they game (and therefore should not be posting on the forums of a game they don't like). It is actually not pretty darn simple, so stop pretending it is. You try to shut out criticism and discussion of the game, interpreting constructive criticism as hating/trolling. It's as if you're content with mediocrity, and don't want to see any improvements made to a game that is good, but has a lot of unrealized potential that the community would like to see realized.

Also, don't answer my question with a question, and yes: I can use the word "injustice" if I want. Not a serious injustice, but the term still applies to anything that is unfair.

Explain to me why it is an injustice for PVE'ers to have anything exclusive, and yet apparently not an injustice for the PVP'ers to have something exclusive judging from many PVP'ers clamoring to keep rancor mounts PVP only.

I'm just trying to understand the double standard and hypocrisy shown by many PVP'ers.