Petition to keep the Rancor exclusive to PVP.

Arkillon

I find it mildly entertaining that the "awesome" PvP'ers came to the general forum to tell everyone else to stop crying... then when they found out they weren't going to be treated as the most special of snowflakes in the whole entire game, Skippy, they started crying in the general forum immediately.

What's the word I'm looking for here...? Ironic? Pathetic? :D

Naw you're just trolling and relishing the moment like the average online Richard, something most of us do from time to time. If you're trying to make a good case though preloading with things like "awesome" "most special snowflakes of the whole entire game" should be left out. It just sounds like passive aggressive garbage.

Edited by Joesixxpack

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1658 rating, I get the mount and I'm whining, still. Why would pve-ers get rewards in Nim and HM instead of having them handed out to them in SM? Why give NiM content titles, awesome pricy mounts and gear.. I think they're going to shut up and let their skill do the talking in their ops. Oh wait. "guys omg pls put the rancor on CM and NiM DP so we can have it"

You might notice, or not because you probably can't differentiate between two PvE players, that I never said anything like that.

If you're shocked that they're monetizing the Rancor mount, you clearly haven't been paying attention to what this game has been doing over the past almost 2 years.

Perhaps you should consider changing your outlook. The specific flavor of rancor mount you will get will clearly show that you are in the top 1% of players at PvP on your server (5% of 20% and that 20% is generous). People will look at that mount and know it, if they're paying attention to the game. If they're not paying attention to the game, then nothing short of a title "I AM A PVP GOD" on your nameplate will properly announce your awesomeness to them.

Realistically speaking twas to be expected. They don't have the resources to do throw away code which animating a whole new beast mount for one time giveaway to 1k-ish players would be.

So yea, sucks they're not going for exclusivity. But that's life from hand to mouth for ya.

What're you basing that on? I see exclusive things not yet on the market, with no indications of if/when they will be.

What're you basing that on? I see exclusive things not yet on the market, with no indications of if/when they will be.

Are any of those anywhere near as desired by the general population (read: people who will spend real $ to get it) as a Rancor mount?

You might notice, or not because you probably can't differentiate between two PvE players, that I never said anything like that.

If you're shocked that they're monetizing the Rancor mount, you clearly haven't been paying attention to what this game has been doing over the past almost 2 years.

Perhaps you should consider changing your outlook. The specific flavor of rancor mount you will get will clearly show that you are in the top 1% of players at PvP on your server (5% of 20% and that 20% is generous). People will look at that mount and know it, if they're paying attention to the game. If they're not paying attention to the game, then nothing short of a title "I AM A PVP GOD" on your nameplate will properly announce your awesomeness to them.

If they would have made tier 1 a 2k rating or higher I would be inclined to agree with you but not 1500 which can be achieved with less than 20 wins.

I am a PvEer. And I would like that mount. And I feel the ONLY way i should be able to get it is via PvP. It is, after all, a PVP reward. And it should stay that way.

So this is one PvE player that says "You earned it. Only you deserve it."

If they would have made tier 1 a 2k rating or higher I would be inclined to agree with you but not 1500 which can be achieved with less than 20 wins.

There, I can only take Musco at his word. They did the math. Less than 5% of the people who play ranked have the rating they tied to the Rancor. Top 5% is pretty elite, no?

There, I can only take Musco at his word. They did the math. Less than 5% of the people who play ranked have the rating they tied to the Rancor. Top 5% is pretty elite, no?

Define elite because like I said, a rating of 1500 can be achieved in a day if you're starting from scratch. Elite would be 1% or less too me.

Every MMO produces a model and then half a dozen variations to be placed in game. This is nothing new or unexpected. This variation is exclusive to Season 1. I fully expect another variation with Season 2. This faux uproar is laughable.

Define elite because like I said, a rating of 1500 can be achieved in a day if you're starting from scratch. Elite would be 1% or less too me.

You and BioWare have different definitions of elite then. BioWare publishes the game so I've chosen to reference and accept theirs.

Since BioWare isn't going to back off monetizing the Rancor mount, perhaps a more winnable battle for you to pick would be to get BioWare to increase its exclusivity by making it top 1%?

Edited by DarthTHC

Are any of those anywhere near as desired by the general population (read: people who will spend real $ to get it) as a Rancor mount?

Who knows? This is the noisy topic of the minute and neither of us have genuine info. to make assumptions from. A fact is that the exclusive ranked reward is just a skin. I'd have been surprised if it ended up being anything other than that.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Every MMO produces a model and then half a dozen variations to be placed in game. This is nothing new or unexpected. This variation is exclusive to Season 1. I fully expect another variation with Season 2. This faux uproar is laughable.

Please name me a dozen variations to the following PvE-exclusive mounts:

• Avalanche Heavy Tank
  • Titan 6 Containment Vehicle
  • Helix Hyperpod

I was one of the PVEers in an earlier thread congratulating the PVPers on getting first shot at a really cool mount.

I still think that this particular skin of the model should remain solely PVP-oriented.

But, this thread reminds me that not all PVPers are good people.

I am a PvEer. And I would like that mount. And I feel the ONLY way i should be able to get it is via PvP. It is, after all, a PVP reward. And it should stay that way.

So this is one PvE player that says "You earned it. Only you deserve it."

are you single and female

You and BioWare have different definitions of elite then. BioWare publishes the game so I've chosen to reference and accept theirs.

Since BioWare isn't going to back off monetizing the Rancor mount, perhaps a more winnable battle for you to pick would be to get BioWare to increase its exclusivity by making it top 1%?

I don't recall bioware saying that if you're in that 5% you're an elite player. And people have already proposed that they adjust their tiers.

Please name me a dozen variations to the following PvE-exclusive mounts:

• Avalanche Heavy Tank
  • Titan 6 Containment Vehicle
  • Helix Hyperpod

I've never seen the Titan 6 mount, so I don't know.

I do know that there's variant models of the Hyperpod and Heavy Tank mounts that are gained through the CM.

I don't recall bioware saying that if you're in that 5% you're an elite player. And people have already proposed that they adjust their tiers.

Read Musco's posts. They're there on the dev tracker. The top tier reward - the rancor mount - goes to the group that is top 5%. They may not have used the word, "elite" but if that's your argument it's down to semantics so further discussion seems pointless.

I've never seen the Titan 6 mount, so I don't know.

I do know that there's variant models of the Hyperpod and Heavy Tank mounts that are gained through the CM.

Nope. False. All 3 are 100% exclusive with no re-skins of any kind, and can only be obtained through NiM mode operations.

http://dulfy.net/2012/05/29/complete-high-res-catalog-of-all-swtor-speeders/

When your position is that non-PVPers should never have access to an entirely new and long-requested mount model? You're not a good person.

My vote is to be fair. If BW wants the Rancor to be available to all, then make the 3 mounts I've mentioned obtainable by all as well.

My vote is to be fair. If BW wants the Rancor to be available to all, then make the 3 mounts I've mentioned obtainable by all as well.

The problem with your suggestion, the problem that makes it untenable, is that BioWare seems to believe a lot of people will spend real money to get a Rancor mount.

They may not hold the same belief for the other three. It seems apparent that they don't hold that belief simply because there aren't reskins of them on the cartel market yet.

By demanding the Rancor mount (as opposed to just the PvP reward skin) be totally exclusive, you're fighting a losing battle, and it's not the carebears you're fighting against. You're fighting BioWare / EA management desire / mandate to generate revenue. You can't win that battle.

Edited by DarthTHC