Petition to keep the Rancor exclusive to PVP.

Arkillon

Can anyone confirm that both solo ranked and/or group ranked gives the rancor mount? If solo ranked gives it everyone will have it, or can easily get it before 2.7. Any decent pvper that wants to take solo ranked seriously can get a 1500 rating queueing during peak hours for 3-4 nights straight. Doesn't matter whether or not it's exclusive. With more and more people starting to queue for the mount I bet over 1000 toons will have the mount by 2.7, and there will still be tons of pvers with better looking stuff who'd be wasting their time even trying for it. IMO they should have made it a combined 3000 highest earned group/solo for tier 1 at least.

Dude, I got words for you:

HAKUNA MATATA

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pveers really ruin this game

Please explain how PvE'ers are in any way responsible for Bioware making the decision that a rancor mount would drop from NiM DP, and different ones would eventually be available through the CM, long before anyone here even knew about the season 1 rewards?

The way I understand it, SOME pvp guys are getting a ARMORED rancor that nobody else is getting. The rest of those that want it (I wish they would not add it, personally) get a regular rancor. You still get your pvp only exclusive. I do not see what all the damn crying is about. You're getting something the rest of us can't get. Most pvp'ers won't even get it. The complaining makes no sense to me.

Take your ARMORED rancor and be happy. You have your special reward. Ride t with pride if you are lucky enough to get one.

Can anyone confirm that both solo ranked and/or group ranked gives the rancor mount? If solo ranked gives it everyone will have it, or can easily get it before 2.7. Any decent pvper that wants to take solo ranked seriously can get a 1500 rating queueing during peak hours for 3-4 nights straight. Doesn't matter whether or not it's exclusive. With more and more people starting to queue for the mount I bet over 1000 toons will have the mount by 2.7, and there will still be tons of pvers with better looking stuff who'd be wasting their time even trying for it. IMO they should have made it a combined 3000 highest earned group/solo for tier 1 at least.

this. i got 1500 in 5 hours on my alt mara. thanks bioware!

BW is un-fking-believable.

If you want to give the Rancor to PvErs and CM, then I also want the following mounts reskinned and provided to PvPers:

• Avalanche Heavy Tank
  • Titan 6 Containment Vehicle
  • Helix Hyperpod

this times over 9000

i demand reskins of all these mounts. it would only be fair to pvpers who can't raid

this times over 9000

i demand reskins of all these mounts. it would only be fair to pvpers who can't raid

Every player can raid if they put forth the effort required to do so, just as every player can potentially earn a 1500 rating in PVP if they put forth the effort required to do so.

Every player can raid if they put forth the effort required to do so, just as every player can potentially earn a 1500 rating in PVP if they put forth the effort required to do so.

yeah but we don't wanna raid just like you baddies don't wanna be good enough for 1500

therefore, i demand reskins of cool mounts that i can easily get. cm or pvp comms

Put a cool Rancor mount in the cartelmarket, I got the cash I can pay for it :tran_grin:

And I mean a cool one, not a skinny Rancor with a backpack and a saddle that could fall off anytime soon

Oh, and make it shift colour red and purple is fine with me

Edited by Icestar

yeah but we don't wanna raid just like you baddies don't wanna be good enough for 1500

therefore, i demand reskins of cool mounts that i can easily get. cm or pvp comms

You can't demand jack sh*t, because Bioware doesn't answer to you. You can moan all you want, but Bioware (Eric to be exact) stated what their plans are already, and no number of petitions or demands will stop it.

Deal with it. :cool:

Edited by Essence_of_Light

Many raiding guilds knew DF would drop grob'thok the second they heard Rancor Mounts. We'll also probably see a pet drop from DP. [i still think it's a typo that DP has grob'thok drop. That'd be stupid seeing as he is in DF, be like titan 6 mount dropping from TfB.] Edited by mastirkal

Many raiding guilds knew DF would drop grob'thok the second they heard Rancor Mounts. We'll also probably see a pet drop from DP. [i still think it's a typo that DP has grob'thok drop. That'd be stupid seeing as he is in DF, be like titan 6 mount dropping from TfB.]

I was hoping for Kel Dragon mount tbh. :p

Cyborg Rancor sounds cool, but I too agree it should have been something exclusive only to PvPers. On the other hand just because is Rancor as other posters said, it was a bit unrealistic to expect they will release only 1 time 1 version of it. They should have given some other made-up mount instead, with not that huge impact as Rancor, like they did with Nightmare modes mounts.

Some people here didn't expect Bioware to try and make money off an iconic Star Wars creature?

That is exactly right. The rancor is iconic, hover tanks are not.

1) What have these people been smoking?

They've been sneaking off to LotRO for some pipeweed.

2) Why aren't they sharing?:D

"Sharing," my precious, what's that? We wonders, yes, we wonders.

I'm really disappointed to ALREADY hear that the Rancor will be put in PVE and even CM. What do pvpers have so far that is really neat and especially exclusive to pvp? Basically nothing. The so-called rated gear we had is now avaiable on GTN, the crystals are all craftable... Woopdidoo, we get about 2-3 pets. Can we not have, for the first time, an exclusive and interesting mount that will be available only to the pvpers that worked for it? Pve-ers still have until april to work and get their ranked rating up. Why cater to the lowest denominator???

The amount of people already complaining about how it'll be available to everyone should make BW re-think their announcement.

Well, PVE-ers are the majority of players in the game. Hardly the lowest denominator. Having said that, I agree that perhaps the Rancor should be a pvp only achievement, but if we're going to do that, when all the other living mounts had no real gameplay related restrictions, then I think PVE-ers should get a Krayt Dragon or Kell Dragon mount. Personally I would prefer the Krayt Dragon. That would be HUGE! LOL.