Petition to keep the Rancor exclusive to PVP.

Arkillon

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!!! Just 8 minutes of no activity on your thread and you needed to bump it?

Bump

Bump

Bumpity-bump.

It's even funnier given how fruitless his "petition" is.

Can I sign a petition to keep the rancor mount out of the game entirely?:rolleyes:

Who's boneheaded idea was it to introduce a rancor mount in the first place?

You can always, you know, not get one. It'll be your own special way of stickin' it to the man.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Can I sign a petition to keep the rancor mount out of the game entirely?:rolleyes:

Who's boneheaded idea was it to introduce a rancor mount in the first place?

The same guy who decided to introduce pink lightsabers with black cores... :rolleyes:

But at least Rancor mounts actually exist in lore, so I'll give them that one.

Why cater to the lowest denominator???

You realize the we, the PVPers, are the lowest common denominator, right?

I want this mount to be exclusive to us so we can have one thing that's special, too, but the fact is that they can make money on this. And what happens when EAware can make money on something? It's microtransactioned and they profit off of the pixels all the same. We can whine as much as we want about how unfair it is, but that won't change a damn thing.

All hail the MMORPG, Massively Microtransaction Online Role Playing Games!

Let me reiterate, I do enjoy playing this game. I especially like the main story lines for the classes I have played so far. What I am saying is that in mmo's, end game content mostly revolves around rewards.

Why keep doing the same ops over and over? The first time is fun to experience the new content but after that it's pretty much for the reward.

In PvP, which I find very enjoyable, it is similar at end game. I played more before I completed my Obroan set then I did after.

Anyways, I do enjoy the game play, but I believe the rewards enhance my enjoyment by providing goals.

Wrong again, sir. The correct answer is to attain mastery over it.

A side effect of that effort is gear drops. Those gear drops are a necessary, required thing to then advance to the next level of content, which also presents a challenge to master.

I understand that some are motivated solely by rewards. But I fear those people will ever be unhappy because there is always a reward they do not have.

Did no one read Eric Musco's post?

DevTracker is harder than PvP, obviously. :p

Edited by DarthTHC

Rancor in itself to be exclusive. There. Am I specific enough?

Why would you want that? Why wouldn't you want them to put a different rancor on the CM to encourage more people to spend more money to keep the game viable?

I knew it wouldn't happen so there's no point in picking apart my post while I am on your side.

:rolleyes:

If you knew it wouldn't happen, why are you bothering to lament it?

Why would you want that? Why wouldn't you want them to put a different rancor on the CM to encourage more people to spend more money to keep the game viable?

If you knew it wouldn't happen, why are you bothering to lament it?

Because everyone wants to feel unique. And we will because the rancors will look different. Notably so based on Musco's post.

To point out the pointlessness of whining in hopes that people stop complaining and go back to enjoying the game like I do?

Because everyone wants to feel unique.

We do (or was that tongue in cheek)? I guess I missed the meeting where you were elected Spokesperson for Everyone. All I care about in a game is having fun. How my characters compare to other players' characters is of zero interest to me.

Edited by branmakmuffin

We do (or was that tongue in cheek)? I guess I missed the meeting where you were elected Spokesperson for Everyone. All I care about in a game is having fun. How my characters compare to other players' characters is of zero interest to me.

That's you, and I'm me.

Can we just go back to killing eachother's pixels now?

The point here is that reskinning prevents something from being truly unique. If you see someone on a rancor, you can't say they got it through PvP. Anyone who doesn't care, isn't going to know the difference between a red saddle and a blue saddle. With the Taun-tauns, for instance. I couldn't tell who got one in a pack from who went to Hoth and did missions. But if I see a Karagga hat, I know they did KP because there isn't a yellow version on the CM.

I'm glad PvE has very specific, unique drops. I just thought it would be the same for PvP.

The point here is that reskinning prevents something from being truly unique. If you see someone on a rancor, you can't say they got it through PvP.

Until the actual Rancor mounts for NiM DP, and at some point later, the CM are added, you can't really say that players are not going to be able to tell the difference. Besides, it isn't like PvE got an exclusive AT-ST mount, which would be in equally high demand. :-)

The point here is that reskinning prevents something from being truly unique. If you see someone on a rancor, you can't say they got it through PvP. Anyone who doesn't care, isn't going to know the difference between a red saddle and a blue saddle. With the Taun-tauns, for instance. I couldn't tell who got one in a pack from who went to Hoth and did missions. But if I see a Karagga hat, I know they did KP because there isn't a yellow version on the CM.

I'm glad PvE has very specific, unique drops. I just thought it would be the same for PvP.

Remember, the only person you are impressing is yourself. No one else cares,

Fairly certain you will be able to tell the difference, what with the PvP Rancor being black with glowing tattoos an' all.

Fairly certain you will be able to tell the difference, what with the PvP Rancor being black with glowing tattoos an' all.

The PvP special snowflakes' problem will be, though, that the rancor will not have tattoos spelling out "I got this by being among the top ranked S1 PvPers." They themselves will know they "earned" it by PvPing, but it won't be obvious to everyone else. That's why this is not, and never has been, a "reward" issue, it's a "special snowflake" issue.

For example, I'm not exactly sure where you get the tauntaun in the Oshkosh B'gosh denim onsie.

Edited by branmakmuffin

The PvP special snowflakes' problem will be, though, that the rancor will not have tattoos spelling out "I got this by being among the top ranked S1 PvPers."

To many, a rancor is a rancor is a rancor.

I reckon that we tell them that it does indeed say that, in Huttese symbols *nod*

Can anyone confirm that both solo ranked and/or group ranked gives the rancor mount? If solo ranked gives it everyone will have it, or can easily get it before 2.7. Any decent pvper that wants to take solo ranked seriously can get a 1500 rating queueing during peak hours for 3-4 nights straight. Doesn't matter whether or not it's exclusive. With more and more people starting to queue for the mount I bet over 1000 toons will have the mount by 2.7, and there will still be tons of pvers with better looking stuff who'd be wasting their time even trying for it. IMO they should have made it a combined 3000 highest earned group/solo for tier 1 at least.