Petition to keep the Rancor exclusive to PVP.

Arkillon

no rancors should be free to all .

on a serious note why are rancors mounts anyway . i cant remember seeing a mounted rancor in any of the movies or games ive played exceptt SWG and even then it looked silly to see such a magnificent creature tamed and used as a donkey . now if it was a combat pet like night sisters used them there would be some weight to them being ingame

Edited by Canmore
wasent serious

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BW is un-fking-believable.

If you want to give the Rancor to PvErs and CM, then I also want the following mounts reskinned and provided to PvPers:

• Avalanche Heavy Tank
  • Titan 6 Containment Vehicle
  • Helix Hyperpod

As much as i agree with you on this point, it is still invalid

In the Nightmare Ops these mounts that drop in it are NOT always guaranteed to actually drop… On top of that you have a 1 in 8 or a 2 in 16 chance of rolling for the mount… So IF the mount drops you still might not get it and you have to wait until next week to TRY and get the mount because its not easy… in most ops groups all it takes is 1 guy to mess up and they whole raid dies.

Now having said that, a PvP mount that requires a Ranked rating thats not that hard to obtain… Yes you have to work for it but its not the same effort. Where as NiM PvE you NEVER have a 100% chance at getting the mount, in PvP once you get the Ranked rating of whatever (that takes time and nothing else) then you can straight out buy it…(on a side note this is why i don't like 55 PvP…people get full obroan and think they're good… I go in with my Operative Zero and shut them up all the time and the Only PvP gear pieces i have are the Obroan relics FR and SA…In my book gear grinding is the same as Playing COD and thinking you could go to war IRL and kill every terrorist, stupid right?)

Having said that I would love to agree with you and PvPers do Need/require something to make them stand out and stay exclusive in a community i just don't believe they should EVER be given the same mounts even if it was at some point a NiM mount or a PvP mount that is now NiM.

Edited by Jamalzero

As much as i agree with you on this point, it is still invalid…

In the Nightmare Ops that these mounts drop in it NOT always guaranteed to actually drop… On top of that you have a 1 in 8 or a 2 in 16 chance and rolling for the mount… So IF the mount drops you still might not get it and you have to wait until next week to TRY and get the mount because its not easy…

Now having a PvP mount that requires a Ranked rating thats not that hard to obtain… Yes you have to work for it but its not the same effort. Where as PvP you NEVER have a 100% chance at getting the mount in PvP once you get the Ranked rating that takes time and nothing else then you can straight out buy it…

Having said that I would love to agree with you and PvPers do Need/require something to make them stand out and stay exclusive in a community i just don't believe they should EVER be given the same mounts even if it was at some point a NiM mount or a PvP mount that is now NiM.

Double standards are not exclusive to PVP'ers.

how is it a double standard? I want them to be separate. Let the PvPers have their mount and let the PvE'ers have their mounts.

Let's look at the post to which you responded and your response.

BW is un-fking-believable.

If you want to give the Rancor to PvErs and CM, then I also want the following mounts reskinned and provided to PvPers:

• Avalanche Heavy Tank
  • Titan 6 Containment Vehicle
  • Helix Hyperpod

As much as i agree with you on this point, it is still invalid

In the Nightmare Ops these mounts that drop in it are NOT always guaranteed to actually drop… On top of that you have a 1 in 8 or a 2 in 16 chance of rolling for the mount… So IF the mount drops you still might not get it and you have to wait until next week to TRY and get the mount because its not easy… in most ops groups all it takes is 1 guy to mess up and they whole raid dies.

Now having said that, a PvP mount that requires a Ranked rating thats not that hard to obtain… Yes you have to work for it but its not the same effort. Where as NiM PvE you NEVER have a 100% chance at getting the mount, in PvP once you get the Ranked rating of whatever (that takes time and nothing else) then you can straight out buy it…(on a side note this is why i don't like 55 PvP…people get full obroan and think they're good… I go in with my Operative Zero and shut them up all the time and the Only PvP gear pieces i have are the Obroan relics FR and SA…In my book gear grinding is the same as Playing COD and thinking you could go to war IRL and kill every terrorist, stupid right?)

Nowhere in your post do you advocate offering reskinned "pve" mounts for PVP'ers, yet you are apparently perfectly happy to accept a reskinned rancor.

In fact, let's look at your last line:

Edited by Ratajack

I have a question, why do PvPers want an exclusive mount this bad? The vast majority of PvPers I know can play the entire game from the Combat section of the Fleet, so it's not like you need the mount other than to get to storage banks or the GTN. If open-world PvP was more popular in this game I'd understand.

If this is truly a thread just desiring the implementation of exclusives for PvP players, wouldn't you all want something that you could display in battle? A mount will never be seen in a Warzone or Areana so why not ask for exclusive armor sets and skins (not just recolors)? For example, maybe if you have a rating of X or higher you can get an armor set that is not only unique in variant but has a special effect, like a red aura or something.

no rancors should be free to all .

on a serious note why are rancors mounts anyway . i cant remember seeing a mounted rancor in any of the movies or games ive played exceptt SWG and even then it looked silly to see such a magnificent creature tamed and used as a donkey . now if it was a combat pet like night sisters used them there would be some weight to them being ingame

The Nightsisters of Dathomir would mount and ride Rancors into battle, not just use them as combat pets.

Edited by AngelFluttershy

I have a question, why do PvPers want an exclusive mount this bad? The vast majority of PvPers I know can play the entire game from the Combat section of the Fleet, so it's not like you need the mount other than to get to storage banks or the GTN. If open-world PvP was more popular in this game I'd understand.

If this is truly a thread just desiring the implementation of exclusives for PvP players, wouldn't you all want something that you could display in battle? A mount will never be seen in a Warzone or Areana so why not ask for exclusive armor sets and skins (not just recolors)? For example, maybe if you have a rating of X or higher you can get an armor set that is not only unique in variant but has a special effect, like a red aura or something.

Haha, yes, excellent point. :p Which makes me think that it's supposed to be an incentive to get more (pve) players to join (work/grind) PvP. Which in turn makes me

/sign

this request in hopes they will cease their unpopular (with pve'ers) attempts to liven up pvp by mixing pvp into pve. I think exclusive, cosmetic rewards are a much better incentive, because everyone can freely choose whether or not to work for it and no one has to feel compelled to do it because it gives them an advantage in pve.

It's already devalued enough by the fact that everyone has a 100% chance to get it once they meet the requirements, it doesn't need to be watered down any further by making it available in CM or PvE.

Edited by KyaniteD

Petition Denied, Sorry can't say I support this idea. I'd rather like a Rancor Mount myself, however I don't PvP, neither do many others. Well.. I suppose I might on occasion.. but not competitively. I prefer the PvE content and to make it exclusive to one group of players over another would likely cost them subs as this "I'm a PvP'er and should get what I want thing" is exactly why many things in WoW are so messed up (Which I quit playing anyway). Bio Ware's out to make money, not loose it.

This is so ridiculous I'm not entirely sure you aren't joking, but i'll go with my gut and assume you're not. First off, you want the rancor mount and you don't pvp? Sucks to suck. The following are all exclusive to one group and not the other: Dessler Avenger, Dessler Turbo, Praxon Bloodline, Praxon Firaxa, Avalanche Heavy Tank, Helix Hyperpod, Titan Six Containment Vehicle, Praxon Pyroclast, M0-GUL Thrall Droid, Deep Wriggler, Desert Kell Dragon, Volcanic Kell Dragon, Karagga’s Unyielding Helm, Dread Guard’s Corrupted Masl, Crest of the Dread Master, Corruptor Blade, and Qyzen Kephess Customization. Can you guess which group it's exclusive to? I know I'm still trying to guess who said "I'm a PvP'er and should get what I want thing". You you might know. I will quote you directly though since we know who said it and can be sure it wasn't made up. "I prefer the PvE content and to make it exclusive to one group of players over another would likely cost them subs" so if you've read this far and still haven't guessed who those items are exclusive to, it's pve'rs. Now you're saying that it's not ok for one group to have exclusive items, and that biowares out to make money, yet you disregard all the posts before you stating all the things pvers get that pvpers don't, the numerous threads going back to the days of 8v8s which argued that pvpers have no incentives or rewards like pvers do. Where were you on those threads being all fair? Did you even read any post on this thread?

Explain to me why it is an injustice for PVE'ers to have anything exclusive, and yet apparently not an injustice for the PVP'ers to have something exclusive judging from many PVP'ers clamoring to keep rancor mounts PVP only.

I'm just trying to understand the double standard and hypocrisy shown by many PVP'ers.

I want PvErs to have exclusive things, and so do most PvPers. The PvPers claiming to want access to PvE exclusive mounts- now that they know that reskinned rancor mounts will be available in PvE and the CM- are just trying to show the double standard: PvE can have truly exclusive cosmetic rewards, but not PvP. I'm guessing that few PvPers actually have a problem with PvE exclusive mounts- they're just upset and venting frustration. It's kinda like that thread about bolster in PvE- the op was a PvPer who didn't really want PvE bolster, he was just trying to show how much of a joke the PvP bolster system is.

Personally, I don't really care about mounts, but I respect the wants of others.

Sorry.. PVP can suck it up. Most folks can get that level of PVP and get a mount. (Look at the massive surge of PVP players all of a sudden).+

NOT everyone in PVE land is going to get that "RARE" mount. Look how many folks have the Helix and Titan 6 and that's a good indicator.

Heck I VOTE for it to be 100% drop in NIM on the last boss.. Then you PVP types can complain, until then.. MEH on this petition. LOL

You're actually pulling the "first world problems" card in a video game forum. Newsflash: every single thread in the forum is about first world problems

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner!

You can't dismiss criticism by saying that, it's nonsense.

I can and do and it's not.

Next!

With such a high threshold for being about complain about something, there might as well not be any game forums at all.

People like to vent and feel that they "matter."

This is so ridiculous I'm not entirely sure you aren't joking, but i'll go with my gut and assume you're not. First off, you want the rancor mount and you don't pvp? Sucks to suck. The following are all exclusive to one group and not the other: Dessler Avenger, Dessler Turbo, Praxon Bloodline, Praxon Firaxa, Avalanche Heavy Tank, Helix Hyperpod, Titan Six Containment Vehicle, Praxon Pyroclast, M0-GUL Thrall Droid, Deep Wriggler, Desert Kell Dragon, Volcanic Kell Dragon, Karagga’s Unyielding Helm, Dread Guard’s Corrupted Masl, Crest of the Dread Master, Corruptor Blade, and Qyzen Kephess Customization. Can you guess which group it's exclusive to? I know I'm still trying to guess who said "I'm a PvP'er and should get what I want thing". You you might know. I will quote you directly though since we know who said it and can be sure it wasn't made up. "I prefer the PvE content and to make it exclusive to one group of players over another would likely cost them subs" so if you've read this far and still haven't guessed who those items are exclusive to, it's pve'rs. Now you're saying that it's not ok for one group to have exclusive items, and that biowares out to make money, yet you disregard all the posts before you stating all the things pvers get that pvpers don't, the numerous threads going back to the days of 8v8s which argued that pvpers have no incentives or rewards like pvers do. Where were you on those threads being all fair? Did you even read any post on this thread?

None of those mounts are rewards, they're just loot drops that consistently drop from the same ol' mob every time. (unless its a random.) The Rancor if left as this reward would be a one time thing given as a prize. There is no "I'm gonna get better in the future so I can get me a Rancor", it would be gone forever. That's why their giving you a "version" of the Rancor specific to this.

I'm sorry, but if a bunch of PVE noobs roll up on plain brown Rancors and you show up on yours, it isn't any less impressive. There is no reason to make the Rancor as a whole specific to this one event. Chances are, all those "PVE only" mounts will see a version released on the CM sometime in the future.

I'm sorry, but if a bunch of PVE noobs roll up on plain brown Rancors and you show up on yours, it isn't any less impressive. There is no reason to make the Rancor as a whole specific to this one event. Chances are, all those "PVE only" mounts will see a version released on the CM sometime in the future.

But the "danger," in their minds, is that the average player won't distinguish one rancor from another. Which is why this really is all about being a special snowflake. They need a way to say "Hey, you scrubs, bads and carebears," I got this from PvPing, like a real player!"

Edited by branmakmuffin

But the "danger," in their minds, is that the average player won't distinguish one rancor from another. Which is why this really is all about being a special snowflake. They need a way to say "Hey, you scrubs, bads and carebears," I got this from PvPing, like a real player!"

So what they're saying is that Brown Rancors look indistinguishable from Tron-lit Rave Rancors? I always preferred the proverb, the nail that sticks out is soon hammered down.

No, that's just my conjecture about their attitude. But it certainly explains why they are so upset. Otherwise, they would be satisfied with the "Tron-lit rave rancors."

The sad part is that the rewards really are exclusive, they just aren't exclusive enough for them, so in general it's really just another "these rewards aren't good enough" thread.

Or perhaps they just want anger revenge on PVE'rs for having exclusive mounts like the 9 miles per decade tank.

The sad part is that the rewards really are exclusive, they just aren't exclusive enough for them, so in general it's really just another "these rewards aren't good enough" thread.

Or perhaps they just want anger revenge on PVE'rs for having exclusive mounts like the 9 miles per decade tank.

As many have pointed out, the tank is not even close to being "iconic." The rancor is arguably the most iconic "monster" in Star Wars. And they wanted it all to themselves, in very possible iteration? Talk about delusional.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner!

I can and do and it's not.

Next!

People like to vent and feel that they "matter."

You're missing the point. You're trying to dismiss valid criticisms by saying that it's just a game. There's no point to having game forums if concerns can be dismissed this way- the whole purpose of them is to discuss first world problems. Why do post here again?

And how dare people want to matter!

You're missing the point. You're trying to dismiss valid criticisms by saying that it's just a game.

It is just a game. Criticizing the game for not being exactly perfect is silly. Again, it's just a game. Play it or don't. No one else cares.

There's no point to having game forums if concerns can be dismissed this way- the whole purpose of them is to discuss first world problems. Why do post here again?

Most people post here to vent and whine.

And how dare people want to matter!

Yes, we are all precious snowflakes. Our mommies told us so. Matter where it counts, in your own life, not in a computer game being the "1337est of the 1337." A week from now. no one will care about your latest "achievement" in TOR. Heck, no one else cares about that now. But you want to believe it matters. Well, consider your bubble burst.

A week after the Olympics, no one will care who did what (other than those athletes who are lucky enough to get endorsements or some such). Heck, I don't even remember who just won the Super Bowl. All that stuff is irrelevant. But it keeps the masses entertained. Bread and circuses.

Edited by branmakmuffin

It is just a game. Criticizing the game for not being exactly perfect is silly. Again, it's just a game. Play it or don't. No one else cares.

Most people post here to vent and whine.

Yes, we are all precious snowflakes. Our mommies told us so. Matter where it counts, in your own life, not in a computer game being the "1337est of the 1337." A week from now. no one will care about your latest "achievement" in TOR. Heck, no one else cares about that now. But you want to believe it matters. Well, consider your bubble burst.

A week after the Olympics, no one will care who did what (other than those athletes who are lucky enough to get endorsements or some such). Heck, I don't even remember who just won the Super Bowl. All that stuff is irrelevant. But it keeps the masses entertained. Bread and circuses.

So what you're telling me is that you post on video game forums because you like telling people to get a life. Makes sense.

So what you're telling me is that you post on video game forums because you like telling people to get a life. Makes sense.

No, not "get a life," "realize what really matters." TOR is a game we play for entertainment. If it doesn't suit your entertainment needs, move on to something that does. No one ever died from not playing a Star Wars MMO.

I don't care if it's for PvE or PvP. I just want there to be some exclusive items, so only those dedicated and are willing to work for it deserves to attain it. If I am going to work hard to attain 1500 ranking, I want it to be worth my time and not have a better version show up on the CM. This is coming from a person who is heavily into PvE and have recently gotten into ranked PvP.

/signed

No, not "get a life," "realize what really matters." TOR is a game we play for entertainment. If it doesn't suit your entertainment needs, move on to something that does. No one ever died from not playing a Star Wars MMO.

It seems like you're trying to play the role of parent: trying to tell people what they should and shouldn't prioritize. Why bother doing this on a video game forum.....

No I've already said that the rancor mount is easy to get. Anyone decent who gives a **** can get it. It's just, by far, pvers get more content and exclusive items. One guy says that pvers will unsub if there is one group that gets exclusive items that others do not, but how many pvers are unsubbing bc of the lack of incentives provided to pvpers? I clearly don't care too much bc i'm still playing, but it would be nice to get exclusive items. And no the rancor mount is not exclusive. With your logic there should be nothing that rewards good players, and everyone who beats black talon should get full 78s, cool speeders, and titles.