Announcing End Season 1 Rewards

CourtneyWoods

So after Season 1 started I queued up on my sorc Andreus but only ever got 7 ranked pops before the queue completely died on my server, forever for all I know. Officially I haven't been able to play enough games to calculate an ingame rating (due to the 10 game requirement), but the leaderboards force-calculate a rating where my 6-1 record puts me at 1367, solidly within Tier 2.

Will I still be able to claim the season rewards, or must I revisit the Eternal Queue and hope to get three more games in to "officially" get a rating calculated now that the rewards are announced?

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks!

First off, I am glad to see the excitement around the Rancor. I know I have been eager to show everyone what they could expect from our Season 1 rewards!

One of the things I have seen mentioned a few times on the forums since we announced the rewards is that 1500 is too low of a rating for Tier 1. I wanted to let you know that our rewards tiers are based 100% on data, according to the highest earned ratings of our Ranked players. Currently less than 5% of our entire Ranked playerbase is 1500 or above. So although the number may seem low, very few players across all servers have actually attained it!

All the more reason to hop on and work on getting that rank yourself :rak_03:

-eric

Look who finally grew a spine...

If only 5% of the playerbase is at or above 1500, then I agree that it makes sense to have the top tier as that. As long as you've got a good reason for the decision you're making, stick by it.

Hey folks!

First off, I am glad to see the excitement around the Rancor. I know I have been eager to show everyone what they could expect from our Season 1 rewards!

One of the things I have seen mentioned a few times on the forums since we announced the rewards is that 1500 is too low of a rating for Tier 1. I wanted to let you know that our rewards tiers are based 100% on data, according to the highest earned ratings of our Ranked players. Currently less than 5% of our entire Ranked playerbase is 1500 or above. So although the number may seem low, very few players across all servers have actually attained it!

-eric

Is that 5% of players, or 5% of characters? Cause I've done ranked on 8 characters; does that count me as 8 people? Also, are players who have played less than 10 games and have not received an official rating counted towards the total number of ranked players?

5% is also too low of a threshold for the highest tier of rewards.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

Well, just played me some Ranked PvP matches. Got myself 1251 rating. Yawn. Tier 3 and back in time for dinner. A cool set, three titles and a pet. Productive day, I say. Kinda pumped up for PvP in general though now. Going to set up my Operative for some serious PvP action.

Hey folks!

-eric

You guys should have thought of the rewards thing from the start. The queues even on Harbinger have been popping all day non stop. It's awesome, look forwards to more! ..already broke that 1500+ :)

Hey folks!

-eric

This kinda seems to highlight a statistical anomoly.

*Obi-wan enters room*

" It's as if a million voices suddenly "Tried Out" ranked PVP and were suddenly unsubscribed."

It's been a while since I was unranked on any of my 55s, but I thought it was it took 8 or 10 matches for you to get rating (might have to hop on a lowbie to check I guess).

10 games are needed for you to see your rating in game, but you show up on the leaderboard after only one game. If a visible rating was what was required to be counted among the basis of the top 5%, that would be perfectly reasonable.

Edited by diadox

I feel for ya bioware. It seems that no matter where you go and what you do, MMO players will just whine for the whine-of-it. Anyway, the vocal self-entitlement minority aside, great stuff that the end of the season is coming and youre giving some unique stuff to pvpers as well! Keep up the good work!

Hey folks!

-eric

That should have been a message to you. Betting your data also shows how almost no one bothers with ranked too.

So, I've never done ranked until last night(trying to get the mount like everyone else). Went 9-2 got up to a 1395 rating in 2 hours and did it all in PvE gear. This is almost laughable.

Just another reason why ranked should have a gear check to prevent pve geared players from entering...also they should not have shown the rewards until after season 1 had ended.

Just another reason why ranked should have a gear check to prevent pve geared players from entering...also they should not have shown the rewards until after season 1 had ended.

I don't understand. Ranked has been the game's most colossal failure and now it is actually doing much better since a much larger population is getting involved. Those that suck will lose those that don't will win in the end. So why is this such an issue that ranked is popping on servers where it didn't exist? Bioware's mistake was not announcing the rewards sooner. If they did it sooner then you could justify a higher rating being the highest reward since it actually gives people more time to get there. If you don't want to deal with undergeared people form a premade! That's why the option exists.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know of an issue I just learned of. Currently, it is possible that your name can show up on the leaderboards with a rating, even if you have technically not yet earned one. The rules that determine you having a rating are fairly simple but I want to make sure I spell them out so that we don't have a situation where someone is expecting a reward and does not receive one.

In order to earn a rating, you must:

• Have played 10 games in the Ranked queue. That means 10 solo queue or 10 group queue respectively.
  • Be able to see what your current rank is on the in-game ranked tab.

As long as you meet those requirements, your rating is displaying correctly and you will earn the appropriate rewards. We are working to address the leaderboard issue but I want to ensure that you know of the issue regardless.

TLDR - Make sure that you have played 10 Ranked games and that you can see your rating in game!

Thanks.

-eric

Thanks for the answer Eric!

Now for a question, are the rewards Toon Based? If so, what's the liklihood/chance of getting any back from Collections should we lose them?

Is this rancor going to be an account wide congratulations or Toon?

Based on the existing Collections system, it's likely to be character-only. The EC tank, Titan6 mount and TFB NiM mount aren't account-wide in Collections, and that's the rough equivalent in PVE terms.