Announcing End Season 1 Rewards

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

First off, I am glad to see the excitement around the Rancor. I know I have been eager to show everyone what they could expect from our Season 1 rewards!

One of the things I have seen mentioned a few times on the forums since we announced the rewards is that 1500 is too low of a rating for Tier 1. I wanted to let you know that our rewards tiers are based 100% on data, according to the highest earned ratings of our Ranked players. Currently less than 5% of our entire Ranked playerbase is 1500 or above. So although the number may seem low, very few players across all servers have actually attained it!

All the more reason to hop on and work on getting that rank yourself :rak_03:

-eric

Btw announce rewards quicker to get more players doing rated arenas.

I agree with this part. If I had known there was going to be such cool rewards ranked PVP I would have started playing along time ago in rank que rather than unranked. I didn't even know that the end PVP seasons that players get rewards like this.

Hey folks!

First off, I am glad to see the excitement around the Rancor. I know I have been eager to show everyone what they could expect from our Season 1 rewards!

One of the things I have seen mentioned a few times on the forums since we announced the rewards is that 1500 is too low of a rating for Tier 1. I wanted to let you know that our rewards tiers are based 100% on data, according to the highest earned ratings of our Ranked players. Currently less than 5% of our entire Ranked playerbase is 1500 or above. So although the number may seem low, very few players across all servers have actually attained it!

-eric

The other 95% doesnt even play the game anymore..

Also, the current rank 1 team just unsubbed from the game, have fun getting that spot guys.. or you know, just stop at 1500 rating.

Edited by Xelereth

My rating is screwed and because of my timezone I can hardly get ranked pops and if I finally get one... well it's 50/50 if I win or lose. In pre-season my rating was much better at the start even tho I played a lot.

Yeah well BW, you won't add cross servers, you don't let me transfer to a EU server (I would prefer cross server) and your matchups are so cool that I often get the 26k hp guys or no healer or other weird matchups in solo queue and for team ranked...

I finally managed to get my first four team games in and I liked them as much as I like playing rated 4v4 solo, but with no real chance to better my rating again, I'm just disappointed.

Season 1 is just Pre-Season 2. So many bugs, so many flaws and hardly anything happened to better it.

Maybe I'm just jealous, if so then just at the rancor mount...

TL: DR: thanks for nothing.

k, back to working on my huttball league concept, even tho that won't ever happen

Edited by NRN_Hawk

Tier 1 should start with 2000+ AT LEAST, lol.

FYI, 2000+ is roughly 100 people from both group and solo. Some of which may be alts. Out of 24000 people on the leaderboard.

So you want tier 1 rewards to be roughly half a percent of PvPers. Seems legit.

For reference, LoL with 27 million players daily gives all rewards to anyone Gold or higher (a little over 50% of the ranked population last season). Anything higher than that just gets a cooler border at load in.

I am glad pvpers are getting rewards. I am very excited for them! Here's the thing though. It SHOULD be just for the top people so they can show off that they were the top of the pvp ranked chain. Everybody who pvps should not get a reward because that is not how it should be.

Getting a reward just for participation teaches nothing and doesn't show anybody what they accomplished. If you want the rewards, strive to be better, work for it and in the end you just might get it. Don't give it. Don't complain or whine if you didn't get a prize. If you want a prize? Do it harder next time.

Getting a reward just for participation teaches nothing

Like being focused by 4 players at the same time , especially as a Healer ? :D

By the way, this rewards list tells me that I shouldn't have waited until I've got foll Obroan gear for trying to skeak - peek into ranked ...

The result of the forum posts here had clearly one effect on me : Keeping me out as long as possible until I've got the gear that the "Props" want me to have ... I'm SURE I'd get kicked with full Partisan gear (which I have) ...

So, now, several seasons my pass me by until I feel ready for Ranked ... Well done, give Newcomers no reason to enter Ranked ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I am glad pvpers are getting rewards. I am very excited for them! Here's the thing though. It SHOULD be just for the top people so they can show off that they were the top of the pvp ranked chain. Everybody who pvps should not get a reward because that is not how it should be.

Getting a reward just for participation teaches nothing and doesn't show anybody what they accomplished. If you want the rewards, strive to be better, work for it and in the end you just might get it. Don't give it. Don't complain or whine if you didn't get a prize. If you want a prize? Do it harder next time.

I agree on this for team ranked, but it doesn't work in solos because of the screwed matchup and stuff.

I have similar reward ideas posted in my huttball thread in the suggestion box.

I honestly think that the highest tier of rewards should go to the top 1% of players in each bracket (solo/grouped) or people with a rating of ~1850+. 1500 seems like an extremely trivial rating to reach.

Just my opinion. I'm just happy that I've got the tier 1 rewards locked in =D.

Getting a reward just for participation teaches nothing and doesn't show anybody what they accomplished.

When will Unranked players get THEIR rewards ?

They should be unique so that Rankeds players cannot get them, because Ranked players avoid Unranked like the Plague anyway ... Some even outright saidd that Lowbie-PvP doesn't exist for them ... No trolling here, Ive read that ( and was surprised that people might think löike that ! )

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Hey folks!

-eric

Yup, not enough players doing ranked PvP. Putting the top reward on 1500 is very reasonable! I hope we'll get plenty of arena matches if you will show more love for arenas in season 2.

They should be unique so that Rankeds players cannot get them, because Ranked players avoid Unranked like the Plague anyway.

That doesn't make sense to me.

Ranked is a higher level of play.

Higher levels get Reward X + Lower level reward. That's how most games I've played do it anyway.

They should be unique so that Rankeds players cannot get them, because Ranked players avoid Unranked like the Plague anyway ... Some even outright saidd that Lowbie-PvP doesn't exist for them ... No trolling here, Ive read that ( and was surprised that people might think löike that ! )

I read your post, and was surprised people might think like that.

Edited by Joesixxpack

The question is : Why ?

Little reward incentive, kind of boring arena matches, the prospect of getting crushed. Those would be my guess. The rewards there now and that may bring more people in but still, arena matches get stale really quickly. Objective based PVP is alot more fun to me than purely deathmatch pvp in my opinion.

Edited by Nickious