Announcing End Season 1 Rewards

CourtneyWoods

How is this fair for players on the very LOW populated PvP server prophecy of the five? where queue times for ranked are soo long that players get discouraged?

Or what about players who make alternate characters to selflessly feed the high demand for tanks and healers spending time leveling on them instead of PvPing on their main?

This truly isn't fair in my case being on the lowly populated server where ranked queues take an hour, Bioware needs to come up with a long term solution for queue times by combining servers for PvP and PvE queues.

Very low? POT5 is like one of the only servers left that have ranked going on...at least on imp side. I average 5 minutes between pops. You think pot5 is slow, move to a pve server where there is zero pops. Either way, games dead for ranked, especially without cross server.

Edited by Raansu

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe because only like 3 servers have any real ranked going on and that its practically dead on all the other servers? Maybe you should get on that cross server...or just end the misery and make a mega server...oh but wait, that would cut into the profit of server transfers *rolls eyes*

Play the game man and get off the forums. On JC(PvE) ranked is popping every few minutes. Cross server isn't needed to get these rewards. It'd be nice, but that has nothing to do with ranked post rewards announcement.

Maybe because only like 3 servers have any real ranked going on and that its practically dead on all the other servers? Maybe you should get on that cross server...or just end the misery and make a mega server...oh but wait, that would cut into the profit of server transfers *rolls eyes*

^Agreed

As I sated earlier it is not fair for someone like me on a low populated server where queue times are OUTRAGEOUS

Play the game man and get off the forums. On JC(PvE) ranked is popping every few minutes. Cross server isn't needed to get these rewards. It'd be nice, but that has nothing to do with ranked post rewards announcement.

Erm lol I doubt that considering I am originally from JC where ranked pop is completely dead. I moved to pot5 and never looked back. But if we had cross server I never would of transferred.

Edited by Raansu

JC is one of the more populated servers

I am on Prophecy of the five the second lowest populated server! What is ironic is that the two lowest populated servers are PvP servers

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

Very low? POT5 is like one of the only servers left that have ranked going on...at least on imp side. I average 5 minutes between pops. You think pot5 is slow, move to a pve server where there is zero pops. Either way, games dead for ranked, especially without cross server.

Here is the link again real data http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

Regardless of what you think or if you got lucky that isn't the point.....THE POINT is queue times are ridiculous no matter what and bioware needed to fix this a long time ago before they posted rewards

Edited by Konta_Takuto

Yes actually, tier 1 should be reserved for the elite. Someone who is only in the top 5% of this game is bad.

There isn't enough true DATA to determine who is top dog in swtor the reason being is queue times are sooo outrageous that players like me eventually drop out of queue and move on to something else....my time is worth something apparently to bioware its worth nothing.

There are SEVERAL great PvPers that are not even able to get into many ranked games, therefore this entire season is a sham, not only that but because its not cross server no one knows who is top dog, cross server queue if you want real data

Erm lol I doubt that considering I am originally from JC where ranked pop is completely dead. I moved to pot5 and never looked back. But if we had cross server I never would of transferred.

Doubt it all you want, but I have had 6 pops in the last hour or so which is damn near impressive considering prior to that it was dead. Of course earlier in the day I galvanized general into queuing up shouting RANCOR MOUNT! You'd be surprised how many people queue up for that lol.

Of course earlier in the day I galvanized general into queuing up shouting RANCOR MOUNT! You'd be surprised how many people queue up for that lol.

Yeah but that is putting a band-aid on a much larger issue, players shouldn't need to beg or bribe to get queues it should just happen, cross server queues would fix this for the long term

Hey folks!

First off, I am glad to see the excitement around the Rancor. I know I have been eager to show everyone what they could expect from our Season 1 rewards!

One of the things I have seen mentioned a few times on the forums since we announced the rewards is that 1500 is too low of a rating for Tier 1. I wanted to let you know that our rewards tiers are based 100% on data, according to the highest earned ratings of our Ranked players. Currently less than 5% of our entire Ranked playerbase is 1500 or above. So although the number may seem low, very few players across all servers have actually attained it!

All the more reason to hop on and work on getting that rank yourself :rak_03:

-eric

This is what I assumed was the reasoning behind it.

Can I just suggest that for Season 2, you announce the rewards at the beginning of the season? You can list them as being Tier 1, 2, etc, and that Tier 1 is for the top 5%, Tier 2 is the top 10%, etc.

I have seen more than a handful of posts in this thread along the lines of 'man if I knew there was a Rancor mount reward I would have tried more'. If you guys actually care about increasing Ranked participation, you will publicize rewards at the start of Season 2.

1020 of 38850 listed Players in Solo and Group have a higher ratting than 1500 thats 2.65%

111 Players have a rating of 2000 or higher thats about 0.28%

For me 1500 seems to be fair

The people complaining about the rating what it to be higher because they want to be super duper extra special snowflakes, and its easier to be that when less than 1/3 of a percentage of players are included, instead of that wholly unacceptable 5% Eric cites.

To anyone complaining about low population and no queues popping - spam your general chat about a Rancor mount and see what changes. Give it a day. If it doesn't then meet your standards, feel free to complain.

... to your alts using in-game mail.

Edited by Octom

To anyone complaining about low population and no queues popping - spam your general chat about a Rancor mount and see what changes. Give it a day. If it doesn't then meet your standards, feel free to complain.

... to your alts using in-game mail.

That isn't the point, we shouldn't need to bribe to get queue pops that is putting a band-aid on the bigger issue.

Here is the link again real data http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

Regardless of what you think or if you got lucky that isn't the point.....THE POINT is queue times are ridiculous no matter what and bioware needed to fix this a long time ago before they posted rewards

you know that site isn't very accurate right? Also, even if it was, pop wise pve servers in most mmos are always higher. But they also have majority pve players... Ranked queue actually exists on pot5 and pops quite frequently, both solo and group.

Doubt it all you want, but I have had 6 pops in the last hour or so which is damn near impressive considering prior to that it was dead. Of course earlier in the day I galvanized general into queuing up shouting RANCOR MOUNT! You'd be surprised how many people queue up for that lol.

Ya thats called being dead. Even more so for group ranked considering almost every guild I knew over there is now on pot5.

Yes actually, tier 1 should be reserved for the elite. Someone who is only in the top 5% of this game is bad.

Considering that there's no cross-server, it would be incredibly unfair to give it to only the top 1/2%. I know plenty of amazing players who aren't up there with 2000+ ratings, simply because Jung Ma doesn't have as many pops as PoT5 or ToFN.

If Bioware introduced Cross server, I'd be all for having top dog rewards for the top 1% of players, and maybe a special unique snowflake reward for the guy at the very top.

Hey folks!

First off, I am glad to see the excitement around the Rancor. I know I have been eager to show everyone what they could expect from our Season 1 rewards!

One of the things I have seen mentioned a few times on the forums since we announced the rewards is that 1500 is too low of a rating for Tier 1. I wanted to let you know that our rewards tiers are based 100% on data, according to the highest earned ratings of our Ranked players. Currently less than 5% of our entire Ranked playerbase is 1500 or above. So although the number may seem low, very few players across all servers have actually attained it!

All the more reason to hop on and work on getting that rank yourself :rak_03:

-eric

Just one ranked game is required for a player to find himself in the massive pool of people that is the reason 1500+ is less than 5%. When arenas first launched, thousands of people queued up a handful of times to try them out. Then they stopped queuing, never to try again.

Sorting the solo queue leaderboards by number of wins, almost half of the 505 pages contain people that won 0-1 games. 330 out of the 505 pages contain people that didn't even win 5 times. Games won are obviously not equal to games played, but it is the best method the leaderboard lets us use to determine games played.

The pool of characters used to determine where to place the 5% barrier is far too big, and not accurate in showing who is actually actively participating. Hell, if people had known beforehand how the tiers would be decided they could have queued once on all their alts and had their friends (pvp-interested or not) queue up with all theirs, and the tier one rewards would be at 1300+ rating. These unplayed characters would be as involved as most of those on the leaderboard anyway.

As it is now, three tiers are more or less participation prices, when only one should be.

If you want the bad*** stuff that everybody want (rancor) more reachable, fine. But what's the harm in adding more tiers, even if all they add are titles or such? The titles wouldn't be flashy like the rancor, but they would be more prestigious.

Sidenote: solo and team are different beasts. They should have different rewards.

TL;DR: The 5% target that is seemingly the aim for tier one shouldn't be based off of everyone on the leaderboard, as that pool of players is not an accurate representation of those who are actually actively involved with ranked pvp.

Edited by diadox

wow kinda freaked out when I saw Tier 1 was 1500, I don't understand why they even have Blue-Bronze-Silver-Gold rating, isn't that the way the tier rewards should be working?

all it takes is 10 wins to get 1500 and there's your Rancor.. GG..

Disappointing really. :confused:

Don't freak out its a mini game in a bigger game.

Just one ranked game is required for a player to find himself in the massive pool of people.

It's been a while since I was unranked on any of my 55s, but I thought it was it took 8 or 10 matches for you to get rating (might have to hop on a lowbie to check I guess).