Announcing End Season 1 Rewards

CourtneyWoods

Hey folks!

First off, I am glad to see the excitement around the Rancor. I know I have been eager to show everyone what they could expect from our Season 1 rewards!

One of the things I have seen mentioned a few times on the forums since we announced the rewards is that 1500 is too low of a rating for Tier 1. I wanted to let you know that our rewards tiers are based 100% on data, according to the highest earned ratings of our Ranked players. Currently less than 5% of our entire Ranked playerbase is 1500 or above. So although the number may seem low, very few players across all servers have actually attained it!

All the more reason to hop on and work on getting that rank yourself :rak_03:

-eric

As I said. Give me one day and I will get 1500 rating in solo or group.

Very few players? Look at the leaderboard. It's like almost everyone got 1500+.

Why do you even have Gold, silver, bronze rating when you don't use it?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said. Give me one day and I will get 1500 rating in solo or group.

Very few players? Look at the leaderboard. It's like almost everyone got 1500+.

Why do you even have Gold, silver, bronze rating when you don't use it?

I did look at the leader boards. Between solo and group, there are just over a thousand people with 1500 or higher rating. Possibly less as I didn't look for repeats, and there will be some people with multiple toons so that thousand isn't going to be unique accounts. That hardly seems out of line.

Nice. :) I love these rewards. Quite frankly, part of me was not expecting such good rewards. I dunno how much participation these rewards will encourage immediately, but seeing the small percent of players who are gonna get Rancors out of this will definitely make more people queue up for next season.

As of now, I'm getting a.... title... yeah... Ranked had better start popping tonight.

You've outdone yourself with these rewards Bioware.

I did look at the leader boards. Between solo and group, there are just over a thousand people with 1500 or higher rating. Possibly less as I didn't look for repeats, and there will be some people with multiple toons so that thousand isn't going to be unique accounts. That hardly seems out of line.

1020 of 38850 listed Players in Solo and Group have a higher ratting than 1500 thats 2.65%

111 Players have a rating of 2000 or higher thats about 0.28%

For me 1500 seems to be fair

Why are the pvpers getting stuff and the pvers aren't getting anything. I'm not a pvper or a pver, but still why aren't they getting stuff. It's been way to long and thats it :(

From this Preview: "Firstly, the end of Season 1 will come with Game Update 2.7 and your rating when the servers come down for the update will determine which Tier you are in and what rewards you gain!"

From the Producer's Roadmap: "April 8th: Game Update 2.7: Nightmare Mode Dread Fortress Operation and a new tier of gear"

PVEers and PVPers are both getting new gear on the same day, so not really sure what the problem is...

The rewards will be Bound on Pickup or Bound to Legacy?.

I am a completist player with my main , but I'm a Sage Healer.. getting the tier 1 rewards with that is just insane.

Could be possible try getting rating 1500+ with a Scoundrel Healer and send the rewards ( armours, title and mount ) to my main?

Hey folks!

First off, I am glad to see the excitement around the Rancor. I know I have been eager to show everyone what they could expect from our Season 1 rewards!

One of the things I have seen mentioned a few times on the forums since we announced the rewards is that 1500 is too low of a rating for Tier 1. I wanted to let you know that our rewards tiers are based 100% on data, according to the highest earned ratings of our Ranked players. Currently less than 5% of our entire Ranked playerbase is 1500 or above. So although the number may seem low, very few players across all servers have actually attained it!

All the more reason to hop on and work on getting that rank yourself :rak_03:

-eric

How many republic players have 1500+ rating compared with imperial players? Seems 1500+ its good average for imps, but not for reps.

I've never tried ranked because it seems a little too hardcore for me. I play solo, so I'm sure that my rating would be rather poor compared to people that queue up in 4s. I have fully augmented conq, not quite min / maxed entirely, on my sage.

About 80% of my ingame time is spent doing regular warzones, so it's not like I don't pvp.

Then again, maybe now is the best time to get that 1500 rating since there will probably be an influx of under-geared players going for it. I'm thinking those 5% numbers are going to change very soon. I may even end up going for it...just don't really want to spend 30m+ in a queue when regular warzones pop in under 3m on my server.

P.S. I do think the rewards are pretty nice.

This sure kicked off the ranked queue tonight.

Just goes to show if the devs put in the effort to give us a working objective base open world pvp system with constant incentives people would play the bajesus out of it.

Kicked off the Ranked queue?

Still dead as ever on my server.

How is this fair for players on the very LOW populated PvP server prophecy of the five? where queue times for ranked are soo long that players get discouraged?

Or what about players who make alternate characters to selflessly feed the high demand for tanks and healers spending time leveling on them instead of PvPing on their main?

This truly isn't fair in my case being on the lowly populated server where ranked queues take an hour, Bioware needs to come up with a long term solution for queue times by combining servers for PvP and PvE queues.

Edited by Konta_Takuto

A rancor mount would be pretty neat. Too bad for me that I have pretty much no interest in pvp then. (I messed around with warzones a bit while leveling my first character. I did at least enough that it unlocked the silly unarmed fighting moves for my legacy. But I haven't touched it at all since well before the 4v4 arenas were introduced.)

Solo's been poping faster than regular on mine. :p

Well, now that it's kinda peak time I'm seeing more and more people in Gen/ chat going all 'THEY'RE GIVING AWAY A RANCOR!!!1!!?" about it. So I think Ranked will be at least moderately more active over the next few days.

The rewards will be Bound on Pickup or Bound to Legacy?.

I am a completist player with my main , but I'm a Sage Healer.. getting the tier 1 rewards with that is just insane.

Could be possible try getting rating 1500+ with a Scoundrel Healer and send the rewards ( armours, title and mount ) to my main?

My main is a sorc healer, and I'm rank 1 on my server for solo queues. Sorcs/sages may not be as good as scouperatives, but played well they can be hard to beat. Anyone from shadow lands pvp can back me up.

The bounteous and magnificent Giradda the Hutt announces the rewards for Season One!

Read More

you should not have revealed rewards. now every idiot with 934-1200 expertise is in Q. they have no chance of tier 2, probably not tier 1. but it's enough to facepalm ppl who actually have 2k exp. thnx BW. another bangup job.

PS - all you had to do was set a minimum expertise to Q. but noooooooo.

How is this fair for players on the very LOW populated PvP server prophecy of the five? where queue times for ranked are soo long that players get discouraged?

Or what about players who make alternate characters to selflessly feed the high demand for tanks and healers spending time leveling on them and shortening queue times instead of PvPing on their main?

I still want an answer to this

you should not have revealed rewards. now every idiot with 934-1200 expertise is in Q. they have no chance of tier 2, probably not tier 1. but it's enough to facepalm ppl who actually have 2k exp. thnx BW. another bangup job.

PS - all you had to do was set a minimum expertise to Q. but noooooooo.

Carry them brother. Carry them Like A Boss!

Maybe because only like 3 servers have any real ranked going on and that its practically dead on all the other servers? Maybe you should get on that cross server...or just end the misery and make a mega server...oh but wait, that would cut into the profit of server transfers *rolls eyes*