any info on 2.6?

amona

And once again they've totally ignored all the QoL suggestions that actually could have improved sage/sorc. And what does "skill" mean in this context? Is it a baseline skill or a specced skill? I wouldnt be surprised that if it was added to the top of the tele/lightning tree. Doesnt even matter where they put it because it's useless for the vast majority of sages/sorcs anyway, those who are playing madness/balance or heavy hybrids.

Anything out of the following would have been better:

*Effusion at the bottom of one of the trees. Effusion can now be triggered by heal abilties too.

*Egress as baseline or at the bottom of a tree

*No cast time on WW

*Electrocute range back

*Increased distance on KB (as in the distance the enemy is pushed back)

*Shorter dot duration, maintained damage

*Crit multiplier

So once again, thanks for nothing.

InB4invincibleopshybrids

wow this is just... wrong... lol, the fact that you are complaining without even knowing what they will do is fantastic, basically u want to, grab all abilities from the sorc, and revamp them... u want a longer KB (which is just as long as any other knockback) you could ask for a 360* KB like Merc, that would help, u want a 30M stun that NO other CLASS have... you want shorter dot duration (idk why) which would completely mess up rotation and how the class works... Crit multiplier? madness gets +30% surge on Dfield + dots AKA most of their dmg... lightning gets +50% surge on chain lightning, lightning strike and T.blast AKA most of their dmg too, so what you want? 100%? lol.

Effusion on the bottom would be good idea for madness, i am OK with that, but not with affecting heals, that would make them way too OP as a back up class having infinite force and on the bottom of the tree that means healing spec would get it, and exploit the hell out of it, dont ask for stuff without thinking -.-... healing and having almost free dps abilities would just break a healing class thats already perfect by itself.

i didnt find egress anywhere so wont comment on that but have seen a lot of comments on that so is probably something useful.

for WW no cast time, i mean i wouldnt care, but that would make it better than other classes mirror abilities as well.

also skill in the context, i guess majority would think that the talent that already reduces the pushback, would just get increased to 100% on those abilities, that would be the logical chance, but lets wait and see.

i guess all your comments were directed to PvP as i dont see use of most of those stuff in PvE, but remember they clearly stated that they want pure classes, not hybrid, even less a weird hybrid that would want to dps and heal, so dont keep your hopes up for "Heavy Hybrids", madness could get effusion just like lightning to even things up a bit, but apparently they just dont want that for that spec for some reason :S

Edited by Carlenux

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is survivability issue, not DPS issue. The reason Operatives do so bad in PVP is because they die too quick and can't DPS. I don't do warzones on my Operative anymore for a reason and tend to settle for just PVE nowadays.

I am totally down for Scoundrels getting a survivability buff, they've needed it for a long time now. I would not be complaining at all if that's what they were getting. But the fact that they're getting a significant dps boost while Shadow/Guardian/Vanguard gets nothing makes me pretty mad. Especially after the lame dps "buff" that Shadows got and the buff that was supposed to change Vanguards but ultimately helped out Commandos more in 2.5.

[*]A fairly significant DPS boost for Operatives/Scoundrels.

What, why? My imp main is an operative. She has full 156 gear and she kills the same opponents as my rep main, a commando who has gear between 168 and 180, in much less time. Why does my operative become even more powerful?

[*]Mercenaries/Commandos can now use Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot on themselves while Combat Support Cylinder/Combat Support Cell are active.

Well, yes! Finally. I don't remember the last time us commandos got some love. Thank you! (And afterwards make commandos perform as good as operatives what comes to DPS and heals.)

As others have mentioned, Lethality's problem in PvP is really just survivability. The damage is nuts and, unlike madness, justifies the setup time. Triple Cull under WB will annihilate anyone who isn't paying attention. Concealment has similar issues, though the positioning problems are even more marked (especially in PvE).

I suspect that the DPS buff is more focused on the Concealment tree, since Lethality is already so intensely good (pulling Calphayus through a guard with 66 enhancements…twice in a row). I also suspect that this is corresponding with the long-promised nerf to Orbital, which will result in lower damage output from Lethality (though a much smoother rotation). Even still though, I would have rather seen buffs to Jugg and PT damage.

The Trauma Probe/Kolto Shell change is going to be insane though. Unless it has some sort of cap, you're going to see the very best mercs out-healing operatives on some fights. Probably won't help them *too* much in PvP, but it's a start. I also think the pushback changes are well measured. I would like to see pushback protection added to Mind Crush/Crushing Darkness for TK/Lightning (or at least the existing pushback reduction), but this is a good start.

Oh, and also I'd really like to see a fix for the broken Assault/Pyro proc system (Commando/Merc only). HiB/RS is procing far more than it should, and I can prove it fairly easily (Marsi's parse, for example, was a one-in-eleven-million parse based on procs alone). Can't have everything we ask for though.

First off, Happy New Year everyone! I am back in the office now from the holidays so we are right back to some yellow posts :)

Game Update 2.6 first and foremost will mark the launch of Galactic Starfighter! That will mean the introduction of:

• The Gunship unlock available for F2P players.
  • A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!
  • ...and more! We will talk more about this next week.

Also, Game Update 2.6 will come with a few class changes, here is just an overview of some of what you will see:

• A fairly significant DPS boost for Operatives/Scoundrels.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Tracer Missile/Grav Round and Power Shot/Charged Bolts.
  • Sorcerers/Sages will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Lightning Strike and Force Lightning/Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now cast Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe on more than one target at a time.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now use Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot on themselves while Combat Support Cylinder/Combat Support Cell are active.

As always, look for the 2.6 patch notes for a full list of all changes that are coming! That is just a preview of what is to come.

-eric

REALLY dejected at the lack of mention of ANY class changes to the lowest parsing DPS classes ingame. Shadows and Guardians need some love, and lots of it in PVE. The DPS spread is NOWHERE near the expected 5 percent, and its showing.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=685275

Eric, are there ANY OTHER class changes planned AT ALL? We at the Guardian community have been asking for buffs for the last bajillion months since 2.0 dropped, and I know the Shadow/sin DPsers are frustrated enough. Even a whisper of a date, a "Soon" would be better than hearing nothing at all and knowing that no matter what we do, we have to roll into a FOTM class to be slightly competitive when the Nightmare Dread Operations drop. There are only 4 dps spots, having a class shunned due to perceived flaws is annoying and unfair to loyal players and subscribers.

Although the Scoundrel and pushback changes are nice. Hopefully those scoundrel changes are for scrapper, as dirty fighting is doing incredibly well and ATM they are imho quite satisfied with their PVE dps status compared to the bottom of the barrel they once were.

So if 2.5 is unofficial GSF launch and 2.6 is official GSF launch, by the time 2.7 is around (end of April?) that would be 7-8 month without PvE content and same period with no PvP content (unless you consider the Makeb arena content). If I do not like GSF, why should I continue supporting the game by subbing again?

2.5 was GSF Early Access with one (1) PvP Arena. It also brough back PvE/pvP Gree and a bit of silly fun in form of Life Day snowballs.

2.6 is the GSF Launch, which should bring some PvE content in form of flashpoint(s} connecting GSF to Ground Game.

And GSF is a PvP content, just because majority of "professional PvPers" suck at it or you declare it "not being a PvP Content" does not mean it is not a PvP Content.

As Eric said, they will talk about 2.6 and GSF launch next week.

So if 2.5 is unofficial GSF launch and 2.6 is official GSF launch, by the time 2.7 is around (end of April?) that would be 7-8 month without PvE content and same period with no PvP content (unless you consider the Makeb arena content). If I do not like GSF, why should I continue supporting the game by subbing again?

My thoughts exactly. They don't have much lined up to keep the subs up. I wouldn't be surprised if GSF is the last expansion this game has and they pull the plug in a year or 2.

First off, Happy New Year everyone! I am back in the office now from the holidays so we are right back to some yellow posts :)

Game Update 2.6 first and foremost will mark the launch of Galactic Starfighter! That will mean the introduction of:

• A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!

Also, Game Update 2.6 will come with a few class changes, here is just an overview of some of what you will see:

• Mercenaries/Commandos will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Tracer Missile/Grav Round and Power Shot/Charged Bolts.
  • Sorcerers/Sages will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Lightning Strike and Force Lightning/Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now cast Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe on more than one target at a time.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now use Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot on themselves while Combat Support Cylinder/Combat Support Cell are active.

As always, look for the 2.6 patch notes for a full list of all changes that are coming! That is just a preview of what is to come.

-eric

The pushback issues will help dps sage/mandos in 8vs8, not so much in arena... the changes to mando healers will also be a boost in warzones but won't address arena issues.

Why are you making adjustments that were needed months ago when we had 8vs8 ranked instead of making adjustments that are needed to make casters viable in arena?

Edited by alexsamma

Gotta agree with you. The players who don't like GSF are getting screwed with the whole double "launch".

u want a 30M stun that NO other CLASS have

Just FYI, Sabotage Gunslingers/ Engineering Snipers get a 30 m stun, but it is only for 2 seconds and takes 2 GCD to do.

If Sages/Sorcs get a baseline 30 m stun, then Mercs/Commandos should get it too.

Although the teams working on GSF and PVe content I assume are separate, hopefully, otherwise they kinda screwed us over PVE wise.

Of course those are different teams, people should really understand that by now...

I fully expect there will be NiM DF/DP between 2.6 and 2.7, or that the Rakghouls will resurge or something like that :rak_04:

Edited by Aries_cz

• A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!

-eric

What was 2.5 if not the launch of Galactic Star Fighters.

Which is by the way a joke of a digital expansion being PvP only in a predominantly PvE based game that have been ruined by pre-mades and unbalanced matches. I don't know what the match making system is like but its bad.

And with 2.6 being a rehash of 2.5 can we ask what 2.7 will bring as 2.6 doesn't seem to offer anything to subscribers except a couple of class changes and possibly bomber and a new pvp gsf map to get ganked by pre-mades with fully outfitted ships in.

Assassins need a little extra bleed damage in both specs, they are short about 200dps, they cant really add anymore to maul/shock/discharge without breaking pvp.

The first team to clear the council in TfB NiM had a jugg dps btw :p just saying

That being said operative dps do not have the defensive cooldowns assassins/juggs have, evasion and the ever so useless shield probe.

my operative wish list

I would like to see a buff to shield probe to the dps op tree's, up dmg absorption + a HoT after it depletes

Shiv should be free after a roll, both dps spec's, its not a gap closer currently its burns to much energy

Increase dmg on hidden strike/backstab - or have the means of making hidden strike crit 100% from stealth. My first attacks from my assassin almost always crit why not on my operative? a equally skill middle tree assassin will kill a middle tree operative 10/10 times

Lethality gets increased shield probe. Its nice sometimes, but usually terrible. PVP, yeah its a joke and increase to Shield Probe won't matter.

At first I was like "Uh what? Free shiv after roll? And was wondering why you'd want that. I don't think its ideal, but roll wouldn't be too bad actually. Not sure. Its still expensive, but shiv free would be a free global cooldown+.5 second for about 9-10 energy gained back. Its still a "Ehhhh" but wouldn't be as brutal.

Problem is you can't lower energy of PVP'ers flip a **** (PVP already hates that roll cause of objectives). But the shiv cost actually allows a way to help PVE without messing with PVP too much. Best suggestion I've heard, though not sure ideal.

Yes I have an operative and LOLNO they don't need damage buffs.

The problem with operatives is that they die too damn easy. Not that they lack damage. Because they don't.

^Exact---err I mean...

NO! Operative DPS is bad! Buff us! Don't listen to these foolish people! I want to break 4k!

I am totally down for Scoundrels getting a survivability buff, they've needed it for a long time now. I would not be complaining at all if that's what they were getting. But the fact that they're getting a significant dps boost while Shadow/Guardian/Vanguard gets nothing makes me pretty mad. Especially after the lame dps "buff" that Shadows got and the buff that was supposed to change Vanguards but ultimately helped out Commandos more in 2.5.

See, this is issue with PVP vs PVE. In PVP Sins and Vanguards are brutal. PVE? Meh.

Running with Juggs and having Jugg friends (artorias/luckygunslinger) I totally understand how Juggs feel and hope there is more than just this.

Remember though, this is just a small preview not patch notes.

As for the Operative buff, I'm betting Bioware will derp it up and nerf us or buff something useless again (overload shot). But hey, I'm hoping I'm wrong. I want to taste the tears of snipers. They can have the utility and defenses if I can have the ungodly damage. I hate being squishy, but by god if I'm 4k I'll take it >:)

These are actually good changes. Anyone complaining about scoundrel/op dps getting buffed needs to L2P and roll one. I'm assuming the no pushback talent will be taking the place of the middle tier 1 talent in middle tree for mandos. For sorcs, there are separate pushback talents for lightning strike and FL in separate trees, so I would recommend significantly buffing/adding a new aspect to the madness talent after removing the FL pushback aspect, and doing something similar to the middle tree talent. A new talent would be created for LS and FL pushback (in tier 1 of middle tree?) that hopefully only requires 1 point.

• A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!

-eric

Will we also be getting the new pack and new rep area?

These are actually good changes. Anyone complaining about scoundrel/op dps getting buffed needs to L2P and roll one. I'm assuming the no pushback talent will be taking the place of the middle tier 1 talent in middle tree for mandos. For sorcs, there are separate pushback talents for lightning strike and FL in separate trees, so I would recommend significantly buffing/adding a new aspect to the madness talent after removing the FL pushback aspect, and doing something similar to the middle tree talent. A new talent would be created for LS and FL pushback (in tier 1 of middle tree?) that hopefully only requires 1 point.

The problem is that SOME specs are getting buffs that are "Fine" or close to it, while others are rock bottom and when nightmare drops are stuck in the filthy pooper in PVE and have no chance of rising up without some help.

Gonna drop my sarcasm for a post and reply seriously.

I'm a main Operative and I'm mixed. On one hand, I definitely want a DPS buff. Like just for personal abuse. In addition there are certain fights that due to mechanics melee suffers. ESPECIALLY melee without a leap (IE: Not Mara/Sent). So on one hand more DPS would put us ahead of Snipers (its hit or miss right now, we're both pretty close) which would help because Snipers bring more to the table (Entrench, sniper bubble, ranged DPS, invincible roll, etc). IE: Melee is rough so we make it stronger.

On the other hand, I know Bioware doesn't believe melee should be stronger. In PVE a buff to me would be kinda overkill. Operative is already up there as one of the top classes so a buff to it isn't really needed. (Again, talking PVE. PVP the issue looks like damage, but its really survivability).

So...I was never expecting a a buff because we're in a great spot (for PVE), but at same time I certainly welcome one. Yes, our DPS would be higher, but at same time we're melee so mechanics are more a threat. It comes down to if you believe melee should be stronger than ranged or not. If you think that, buff Operative. No complaints. If yo want to just look at flat damage on a dummy, Operative doesn't need it and thus people complain.

BTW, for those upset about lack of class mentioned due note they said this is just some of the changes.

And with 2.6 being a rehash of 2.5 can we ask what 2.7 will bring as 2.6 doesn't seem to offer anything to subscribers except a couple of class changes and possibly bomber and a new pvp gsf map to get ganked by pre-mades with fully outfitted ships in.

The 2.7 will probably introduce the nightmare mode of DF and DP.

Bioware since this is a small preview i REALLY hope you're saving SOMETHING for guardian DPS up your sleeve (same for assassins, vanguards i don't recall seeing any solid parses since the 2.4? Patch i believe. So lets see if we can get more vanguard parses)

Overall, I am still hoping they have assassin/guardian changes up their sleeve.

And if guardian gets ONE more skill added to their fricking tree I am going to freak. Guardians have a 46 skillpoint DPS tree yet..... we are one of the lowest DPS classes.... talk about Herp Derp changes....

The root was okay but did that really warrant its own skill? couldn't it have been put onto Zen strike?

Maybe since vigil is single target maybe instead of a free to cast force sweep why not slash or dispatch(rather than needing a proc for it to be free)? That'd be nice...

Please bioware, please have something up your sleeve...

Edited by Hanonar