any info on 2.6?

amona

boost ops dps. lolwut.

Agreed, lethality is competitive and concealment isn't to far behind. Concealment just needed a cheap filler attack to help with its awkward rotation. The other classes which needed some love were deception/madness, vengeance, and some RNG fixes for arsenal. Deception needs a minor dot added to maul or something, Madness needs much love, and vengeance also needs an RNG fix for ravage proc.

On a brighter note, if dev silence means balance updates then please, stay quiet. :rak_03:

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt any of you who claim dps scoundrels don't need a buff actually pvp with them. I play both scrapper scoundrel and deception assassin and the dps between the two is worlds apart. Scrapper burst is pure garbage and completely inconsistent. It's a glass cannon without the cannon.

I highly doubt any of you who claim dps scoundrels don't need a buff actually pvp with them. I play both scrapper scoundrel and deception assassin and the dps between the two is worlds apart. Scrapper burst is pure garbage and completely inconsistent. It's a glass cannon without the cannon.

I prefer the term "pane of glass". Smashes and gives out a few small minor cuts.

Edited by Sangrar

Any ETA on getting rid of the green beam of death for Commando healers so we stop over-broadcasting our presence in WZ's?

We don't look for the big green beam of death it is you cylinder that gives you away you get marked by us stealth class that can take the time to tab target and find healers just a FYI. As a stealth class i feel it my job to put a big target of death over your head.

Edited by Neoforcer

First off, Happy New Year everyone! I am back in the office now from the holidays so we are right back to some yellow posts :)

Game Update 2.6 first and foremost will mark the launch of Galactic Starfighter! That will mean the introduction of:

• The Gunship unlock available for F2P players.
  • A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!
  • ...and more! We will talk more about this next week.

Also, Game Update 2.6 will come with a few class changes, here is just an overview of some of what you will see:

• A fairly significant DPS boost for Operatives/Scoundrels.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Tracer Missile/Grav Round and Power Shot/Charged Bolts.
  • Sorcerers/Sages will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Lightning Strike and Force Lightning/Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now cast Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe on more than one target at a time.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now use Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot on themselves while Combat Support Cylinder/Combat Support Cell are active.

As always, look for the 2.6 patch notes for a full list of all changes that are coming! That is just a preview of what is to come.

-eric

Wow, they really milked that Galactic Starfighter thing for all its worth. What's this, 2, 3 updates now?

Not that we didn't know the plan going in, but its getting old.

WHERE IS OUR STORY.

So if 2.5 is unofficial GSF launch and 2.6 is official GSF launch, by the time 2.7 is around (end of April?) that would be 7-8 month without PvE content and same period with no PvP content (unless you consider the Makeb arena content). If I do not like GSF, why should I continue supporting the game by subbing again?

They have already stated that there will be new flashpoints coming with the official launch.

chill.

So if 2.5 is unofficial GSF launch and 2.6 is official GSF launch, by the time 2.7 is around (end of April?) that would be 7-8 month without PvE content and same period with no PvP content (unless you consider the Makeb arena content). If I do not like GSF, why should I continue supporting the game by subbing again?

Well, 2.5 brought new PvP content, 2.6 will bring a new Flashpoint and new PvP content, so unless you manage to stuff 7-8 months between February and May, you're wrong. You not liking it is another thing altogether.

Wow, they really milked that Galactic Starfighter thing for all its worth. What's this, 2, 3 updates now?

Not that we didn't know the plan going in, but its getting old.

WHERE IS OUR STORY.

Why does this keep getting asked? BW has confirmed on multiple occasions that class stories are done. They are not going to continue them and any new story content will be in the style of makeb and oricon.

Official release of GS contains story in a flashpoint.

Class changes wise, as a guardian main, I'm not expecting any changes til 3.0.

Focus can't get a dps boost cos the reflex to flame it to kingdom come for any perceived or real pvp imbalance due to regular pug warzone performance is just too strong and vigilance has to be redesigned to remove or (highly increase) the RNG factor in proccing the bread and butter skill(s) cooldowns, which can't/wont happen till a major patch.. in which focus will get re-done from ground up as well, as they've indicated a while back.

At least the tanking tree seems to be in a good spot now. :p

I find it hilarious that people call Guardian Focus OP. Its very much a glass cannon with a one trick pony easily countered by a competent tank. There are far more dangerous specs out there.

Its just that more melee need aoe reduction, melee are the main ones subject to smash anyway.

Well, 2.5 brought new PvP content, 2.6 will bring a new Flashpoint and new PvP content, so unless you manage to stuff 7-8 months between February and May, you're wrong. You not liking it is another thing altogether.

Should a pver be happy for "1 flashpoint content" in a 6 month range?

I love the game but i'm trying to realise why i should keep the sub if this is the near future of pve.

I have 97 valor operative, 97 shadow, 96 sage, 95 scoundrel, 100 guardian, 85 marauder. I do PvP 99% of the time.

Operative must to be dmg buffed!!!! And survivable too. No one invites operative concealment to operations and flashpoints! Never! low dps, low energy regeneration. No one! invites operative as dps to arena team, same cause. Neither operative concealment did not bet on win in duel 4 millions credits vs good pvp'er powertech or assassin.

Evolixe shadow typed in this thread ' no need buffs for operatives'. But in wz he typed to me "u'll never beat me"

Edited by Mega_Fallos

First off, Happy New Year everyone! I am back in the office now from the holidays so we are right back to some yellow posts :)

Game Update 2.6 first and foremost will mark the launch of Galactic Starfighter! That will mean the introduction of:

• The Gunship unlock available for F2P players.
  • A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!
  • ...and more! We will talk more about this next week.

Also, Game Update 2.6 will come with a few class changes, here is just an overview of some of what you will see:

• A fairly significant DPS boost for Operatives/Scoundrels.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Tracer Missile/Grav Round and Power Shot/Charged Bolts.
  • Sorcerers/Sages will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Lightning Strike and Force Lightning/Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now cast Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe on more than one target at a time.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now use Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot on themselves while Combat Support Cylinder/Combat Support Cell are active.

As always, look for the 2.6 patch notes for a full list of all changes that are coming! That is just a preview of what is to come.

-eric

Enough with the gunship garbage. Please. Let's get some content I actually care about now.

These class balance ideas seem like they came out of nowhere and for no reason. My Lethality Operative DPS does great damage in raids, I don't see why the need a boost.

Let's get a Guild Ship and more Guild Tools, SERIOUS Bug Fixing, Apartment on Capital World, Personal Class story continuation as well as Companion story/romance continuation (I don't care what Bioware already said about this, they need it anyway), Legacy Datacrons, Cut-Scene Screenshots returned to working order, Performance boost on game engine and servers, Get rid of the streaming updater, etc.

Enough with these dumb GS ships and skins crap. Please.

These class balance ideas seem like they came out of nowhere and for no reason. My Lethality Operative DPS does great damage in raids, I don't see why the need a boost.

Facepalm. Dude, play your pve, do not make back-breaking for you difficulties. We are talking about concealment in pve and pvp!!!!!

Really hope that we see NiM DF/DP sooner rather than later. I thought GSF was to be a thing on the side, not take up 3 entire updates just to work up to the "official" release. Plus its pretty obvious that GSF has taken such a priority due to the potential to milk the playerbase using the Cartel Market. I mean come on, why bother making PVE/Raiding content when you can throw in ships and have people spend $2-3 a piece on a paint job or blaster color, for each ship?

I doubt NiM is even on their radar, we can probably expect NiM in game update 2.9, after 3 more GSF updates.

In all seriousness though, hopefully we get good news next week.

Let's get a Guild Ship and more Guild Tools, SERIOUS Bug Fixing, Apartment on Capital World, Personal Class story continuation as well as Companion story/romance continuation (I don't care what Bioware already said about this, they need it anyway), Legacy Datacrons, Cut-Scene Screenshots returned to working order, Performance boost on game engine and servers, Get rid of the streaming updater, etc.

It's never going to happen. Stop asking and stop getting your hopes up. The dev team is extremely small now, their budget is next to nothing, and this game has been on life support for months. Any potential this game had went out the window when it went F2P.