Good job on making Assassins the most OP DPS class in PvP and nerfing Scrappers.

Sir-Coffee

Yeah and in doing so lose points up the dps trees. Also this hybrid wouldn't not be able to guard at all, and double discharge is clearly a bug or a borderline exploit, I can gareentee that the moment any number of sin start attempting that we will get a patch with "Assassins will now properly lose any surging charge stacks if surging charge is not active."

Then Dark Maul won't be a problem. Until they fix double discharge, this spec is ungodly OP.

It's possible to guard, I have seen people run this spec and execute it perfectly.

Edited by SithEBM

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then Dark Maul won't be a problem. Until they fix double discharge, this spec is ungodly OP.

It's possible to guard, I have seen people run this spec and execute it perfectly.

The fact that almost nobody runs it, generally means it isn't OP, skill cap isn't relvent. Gunslingers taught themselves how to roll in place once rollbanging was discovered. Vanguards taught themselves how to manage hybrid resources in specs that didn't take any of the resource management talents.

If your spec is so godly more people would run the thing.

You also can't run around "stance dancing" if your guarding

Edited by Zoom_VI

The fact that almost nobody runs it, generally means it isn't OP, skill cap isn't relvent. Gunslingers taught themselves how to roll in place once rollbanging was discovered. Vanguards taught themselves how to manage hybrid resources in specs that didn't take any of the resource management talents.

If your spec is so godly more people would run the thing.

You also can't run around "stance dancing" if your guarding

People don't really know about it. The awareness is growing and I predict that everyone will be running it in 2.5. There's also a skill cap involved. At first it's difficult to get used to.

Edited by SithEBM

Ok, scrapper which was struggling already is pretty much close to being put out of its misery.

Let is all remember the Scoundrel Scrapper spec: 2011-2013

Obituary: "He was such a loving spec, but unfortunately he fell ill, and as his condition worsened his family at Bioware decided to pull the plug. Rest in peace"

That double discharge has to be a bug...

With that said, BW needs to just force 36 points into a single tree before you're allowed to put points into another tree. This would instantly solve balance issues with hybrids as they would no longer be allowed and you no longer have to mess with talents to constantly avoid OP hybrids.

Edited by Raansu

That double discharge has to be a bug...

With that said, BW needs to just force 36 points into a single tree before you're allowed to put points into another tree. This would instantly solve balance issues with hybrids as they would no longer be allowed and you no longer have to mess with talents to constantly avoid OP hybrids.

Hybrids won't be the issue with sins in 2.5

I am fairly certain 2.5 will be the return of Tankasin in dps gear, by shifted mitigation towards armor which is not related at all to offstats, sins are allowed to tank in dps gear with much less of a survivability hit than the other two tank AC get when switching to dps gear.

I fail to see at all how nerfing cover which is something that scrapper and dirty fighting never use except maybe for capping nodes, is completely screwing over scrappers. Sawbones does use cover more frequently than scrapper ever did.

Edited by Zoom_VI

I am fairly certain 2.5 will be the return of Tankasin in dps gear, by shifted mitigation towards armor which is not related at all to offstats, sins are allowed to tank in dps gear with much less of a survivability hit than the other two tank AC get when switching to dps gear.

I fail to see at all how nerfing cover which is something that scrapper and dirty fighting never use except maybe for capping nodes, is completely screwing over scrappers. Sawbones does use cover more frequently than scrapper ever did.

/sigh

We can but wait and see. It's hard to tell as of now without seeing it live.

Don't expect people to not try and tell you how wrong and stupid you are for thinking that though

Even if it's totally true and I agree with you on this, pretty much all of the people were too busy looking at their own feet to see how tanksassin/tankshadow in DPS gear were litterally unkillable with some of the best burst and damage around back a few months after launch until they nerfed their healing (Alongside with scrapper sucker punch which destroyed my hybrid scoundrel spec :( )

Edited by snaplemouton

Ok, scrapper which was struggling already is pretty much close to being put out of its misery.

Let is all remember the Scoundrel Scrapper spec: 2011-2013

Obituary: "He was such a loving spec, but unfortunately he fell ill, and as his condition worsened his family at Bioware decided to pull the plug. Rest in peace"

^this :jawa_mad:

I fail to see at all how nerfing cover which is something that scrapper and dirty fighting never use except maybe for capping nodes, is completely screwing over scrappers.

From your many previous posts I think you are "choosing" not to see it, but I'll feed you some more. It's not completely screwing over scrappers and dirty fighters, they have already been screwed into uselessness in PvP with the addition of arenas. What it is doing is removing yet another tiny layer from the wafer thin defenses of the already bar none, weakest defensive specs in the game.

Just because you don't see any of us using cover doesn't mean it is not being used. There are so few dps scoundrels out there now anyway I can see how you would fail to notice if one was even around to use cover.

Besides the obvious node capping, when we do use cover we don't just sit in it and spam abilities like you seem to be implying. For the most part, it is a brief tactical move to avoid a leap/pull while also tossing out Sabotage Charge/Off Heals and yes even the rare Charged Burst. Dirty Fighting uses cover a little more often to set up their initial dots on a leap/pull player that is forced to walk to them to engage before the inevitable 4-10m range for Blaster Whip/Wounding Shots.

From my experience (me, not you), using cover proactively and defensively has been an integral part of my Scrapper gameplay and is a major factor in most fights against leap/pull ACs. You can call me a noob and troll me now, it's your prerogative. :rolleyes:

If u were playing it right u would root someone get distance then heal /attack. Depending

From your many previous posts I think you are "choosing" not to see it, but I'll feed you some more. It's not completely screwing over scrappers and dirty fighters, they have already been screwed into uselessness in PvP with the addition of arenas. What it is doing is removing yet another tiny layer from the wafer thin defenses of the already bar none, weakest defensive specs in the game.

Just because you don't see any of us using cover doesn't mean it is not being used. There are so few dps scoundrels out there now anyway I can see how you would fail to notice if one was even around to use cover.

Besides the obvious node capping, when we do use cover we don't just sit in it and spam abilities like you seem to be implying. For the most part, it is a brief tactical move to avoid a leap/pull while also tossing out Sabotage Charge/Off Heals and yes even the rare Charged Burst. Dirty Fighting uses cover a little more often to set up their initial dots on a leap/pull player that is forced to walk to them to engage before the inevitable 4-10m range for Blaster Whip/Wounding Shots.

From my experience (me, not you), using cover proactively and defensively has been an integral part of my Scrapper gameplay and is a major factor in most fights against leap/pull ACs. You can call me a noob and troll me now, it's your prerogative. :rolleyes:

While, I agree with the rest of your post, Scrappers are utterly worthless now. They were already terrible in Arena/WZs but now they're just worthless.

While, I agree with the rest of your post, Scrappers are utterly worthless now. They were already terrible in Arena/WZs but now they're just worthless.

Hence why I said we were already useless. Yeah, it blows man I'm very disgruntled to say the least. They are kicking a dead dog.

from my pov, the right usage of cover has ever been a major factor in squeezing out the maximum of my class.

it was so fun, facing a knight/warrior not aware of the situation, since caught in the open, i was an expected free-kill.

they could have planned/fixed like everything... but not this.

RIP beloved dps-scouperative.

from my pov, the right usage of cover has ever been a major factor in squeezing out the maximum of my class.

it was so fun, facing a knight/warrior not aware of the situation, since caught in the open, i was an expected free-kill.

they could have planned/fixed like everything... but not this.

RIP beloved dps-scouperative.

Yeah, sadly they removed the only crutch Scrappers had left.

Well look at it this way, now ravage and master strike root you so you get to feel those hits even more. That's a plus....right? I mean this was the patch that was supposed to bring balance to smashers....I guess they thought they weren't doing enough damage. Edited by NathanielStarr