Good job on making Assassins the most OP DPS class in PvP and nerfing Scrappers.

Sir-Coffee

Assassin Changes

Swelling Shadows has been redesigned: It now increases the armor rating Dark Charge grants by an additional 20/40%.

Dark Charge no longer heals the Assassin, but now increases armor rating by 130% (up from 115%) and deals additional threat when it damages an enemy target.

Slightly increased the damage dealt by Thrash.

Slightly increased the damage dealt by Maul.

Looks like Dark Maul will now destroy every single class in PvP. If you don't know what dark maul is, check out this link and abuse this spec in 2.5. I won't be here, so that doesn't affect me. Just thought you could all use a "Heads up".

Scoundrel changes

Increased the damage dealt by Quick Shot.

Operatives and Scoundrels can now be charged and pulled by other players while in cover. For Snipers and Gunslingers, cover remains unchanged.

Okay, so now Quick Shot got it's damage buffed. Oh wait, the energy cost is the same? Well then.... I suppose you'll just have to stick with flurry of bolts.

Operatives and Scoundrels can now be charged and pulled by other players while in cover. For Snipers and Gunslingers, cover remains unchanged.

Thank you so much BioWare for this change that doesn't actually fix sawbones. Oh well, at least it hurts them a bit. Wait a second... don't scrappers also use cover for capping nodes, DPSing classes that could charge them, and healing themselves?

At least vengeance got buffed. Have fun playing this game in 2.5 if you're an assassin.

Edited by SithEBM

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't get this and I have both. Both needed sustained DPS, while scrappers could have used much more than that. Burst on the assassin on deception was borderline OP as it was. I admit tank tree needed some work. The bad part is not what assassin got in darkness, but they added more burst really and in the dumb moves rather than realy giving them sustained, and scrapper pretty much got shat on.

As much as I am not a fan of the healing operatives, the devs don't really give anyone much of a choice with that class. The dev that does balance and PvP need to be fired; period. They are the weak links in this game which is otherwise somewhat decent.

I was happy with my shadow the way she was now. What we really need was a bit more sustained damage and a little easier force management. This change just makes them even more impossible to beat 1 v 1 but does very little for their performance after that one enemy is dead or in mid.

I was happy with my shadow the way she was now. What we really need was a bit more sustained damage and a little easier force management. This change just makes them even more impossible to beat 1 v 1 but does very little for their performance after that one enemy is dead or in mid.

Yeah. Force management would have been nice for that sustained. It just doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I don't get this and I have both. Both needed sustained DPS, while scrappers could have used much more than that. Burst on the assassin on deception was borderline OP as it was.

Thought this was strange as well. My Shadow certainly doesn't need more burst, although I'll take it. Guess 7-9K crits with Shadow Strike just weren't good enough according to the Devs. lol

Sustained DPS is what both these classes needed, although I guess you could make an argument for Shadows that an increase to SS damage is actually an increase in potential sustained damage in Ops given the recent tree changes.

The Shadow Tanking changes are good and absolutely necessary, albeit experimental. It will be interesting to see how those play out.

Scrappers got the shaft though. My Scrapper could use both more burst and sustained damage. None of the proposed changes offer either in any meaningful way. Survivability is also a huge problem for that AC and the change to cover effectively makes the class even squishier than before. Garbage changes all around for Scrapper/Ops. Not good at all.

Thought this was strange as well. My Shadow certainly doesn't need more burst, although I'll take it. Guess 7-9K crits with Shadow Strike just weren't good enough according to the Devs. lol

I laughed when I saw that.

Sustained DPS is what both these classes needed, although I guess you could make an argument for Shadows that an increase to SS damage is actually an increase in potential sustained damage in Ops given the recent tree changes.

Agreed, it was a necessary change for PvE.

The Shadow Tanking changes are good and absolutely necessary, albeit experimental. It will be interesting to see how those play out.

100% Agreed.

Scrappers got the shaft though. My Scrapper could use both more burst and sustained damage. None of the proposed changes offer either in any meaningful way. Survivability is also a huge problem for that AC and the change to cover effectively makes the class even squishier than before. Garbage changes all around for Scrapper/Ops. Not good at all.

The problem is the Dark Maul spec and yes, Scrappers are dead now.

The devs are smoking dope. Sins don't need more burst damage on their opener.

What are you people thinking? Seriously?

Decp burst is not from maul or voltaic slash it from shock and discharge. You only hit maul with duplicity or it a big waste in force so maul has a little bit of a draw back. They did not give numbers it could only be 1% to which would add some sustained dps. You are all going the sky is falling yet they have not said by how much there increasing anything. Slightly can mean any thing at this point. Deception needs sustained dps in some way for raiding and when are open is done we fall flat on the dps meter.

You all know this all you want is Deception to be is just about the burst. You know what us sin and shadow want just to be dps and be able to compete on the same level as every one else. I not saying burst is good either.

As for a maul spec i have not looked into that but will. I will give my opinion on that after doing so

Edit added this to my original post so no one confused

Did i say it does not add to the burst rotation I am saying it not main focus. You don't lead off the opener with maul less your a scrub because with out duplicity procs mauls bad.

Edited by Neoforcer

Decp burst is not from maul or voltaic slash it from shock and discharge. You only hit maul with duplicity or it a big waste in force so maul has a little bit of a draw back. They did not give numbers it could only be 1% to which would add some sustained dps. You are all going the sky is falling yet they have not said by how much there increasing anything. Slightly can mean any thing at this point. Deception needs sustained dps in some way for raiding and when are open is done we fall flat on the dps meter.

You all know this all you want is Deception to be is just about the burst. You know what us sin and shadow want just to be dps and be able to compete on the same level as every one else. I not saying burst is good either.

As for a maul spec i have not looked into that but will. I will give my opinion on that after doing so

You get burst from maul. An ability capable of hitting 10k from procs which you can control is burst. Sure you might not use it as often as shock or discharge but maul does add to our burst rotation. Too say it doesn't is silly.

You get burst from maul. An ability capable of hitting 10k from procs which you can control is burst. Sure you might not use it as often as shock or discharge but maul does add to our burst rotation. Too say it doesn't is silly.

Did i say it does not add to the burst rotation I am saying it not main focus. You don't lead off the opener with maul less your a scrub because with out duplicity procs mauls bad.

Edit cycao added the above to my other post so no one get confused on what i am saying thanks for pointing that out

Edited by Neoforcer

Edit cycao added the above to mu other post so no one get confused on what i am saying thanks for pointing that out

Unless your spec is Dark Maul.

It's the same phenomenon that we have seen repeatedly. BW judges the potency of each class based on meta averages. Assassin meta averages were horrible. That's because assassins tended to be used as node guards and solo attackers on distant enemy nodes. Thus they had tons of downtime and very low overall output. But they were arguably already the most valuable person on the team, after the healers of course. yet the context in which teams used assassins doesn't matter. Only meta averages matter. Hence assassins will be buffed.

As for Operatives, there are so few dps Operatives seen these days that meta averages for that subclass will have wild variance from week to week. And as we have seen previously, when the meta averages are composed from a population sample that is really low, BW has a tendency to just punt. This is why Merc Arsenal wandered the Sinai for 6 months after 1.3. This is why Merc Pyro and Operative dps are on the same journey now.

It's the same story. It's always the same story.