Good job on making Assassins the most OP DPS class in PvP and nerfing Scrappers.

Sir-Coffee

Unless your spec is Dark Maul.

There an easy fix for that add a debuff to the tank stance on maul unless you take the talent higher up in the tank tree that allows you to maul a player in the face. Not sure what the talents name is to lazy to go look it up atm.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There an easy fix for that add a debuff to the tank stance on maul unless you take the talent higher up in the tank tree that allows you to maul a player in the face. Not sure what the talents name is to lazy to go look it up atm.

That's conspirator's cloak.

It's apparent that there is no way Bioware is going to back off on buffing sin DPS.

They could have fixed the class with better energy management, Sadly they are none too bright.

Assassin Changes

Operatives and Scoundrels can now be charged and pulled by other players while in cover. For Snipers and Gunslingers, cover remains unchanged.

Thank you so much BioWare for this change that doesn't actually fix sawbones. Oh well, at least it hurts them a bit. Wait a second... don't scrappers also use cover for capping nodes, DPSing classes that could charge them, and healing themselves?

At least vengeance got buffed. Have fun playing this game in 2.5 if you're an assassin.

Cover for Concealment/Scrapper only used for Sabo Charge

Please explain to me how they are nerfing scrappers in the slightest. The cover change? LoL no scoundrel dps ever uses cover, you can't melee dps while sitting in place.

And chill on assassins the notes said "slight" you don't have the slightest idea what that means, the way people are acting you would think that maul hits for 15k

Please explain to me how they are nerfing scrappers in the slightest. The cover change? LoL no scoundrel dps ever uses cover, you can't melee dps while sitting in place.

And chill on assassins the notes said "slight" you don't have the slightest idea what that means, the way people are acting you would think that maul hits for 15k

..... Read the OP carefully and every post in this thread.

Assassin Changes

Looks like Dark Maul will now destroy every single class in PvP. If you don't know what dark maul is, check out this link and abuse this spec in 2.5. I won't be here, so that doesn't affect me. Just thought you could all use a "Heads up".

Thank you so much BioWare for this change that doesn't actually fix sawbones. Oh well, at least it hurts them a bit. Wait a second... don't scrappers also use cover for capping nodes, DPSing classes that could charge them, and healing themselves?

At least vengeance got buffed. Have fun playing this game in 2.5 if you're an assassin.

I've played your dark charge spec since 2.0 on PTS. It's not bad, but not better than full tank and way to dependent on the easily shut down maul.

Edited by KamujinKravshera

To add to that: snipe, healing, capturing nodes, regenerating, and preventing interceptions in huttball.

why on earth would a scoundrel ever use charged burst?!?! Its the biggest waste of energy second only to VG's explosive round.

Off healing and regenerating are not things that are intended, besides the marauder is the only melee class that doesn't have a on demand way to put you in combat to stop the regen. (taunt is 30m and has a low enough cd for this purpose)

The preventing interceptions in HB is the #1 reason cover needed nerfing. I mean really just stealth to endzone > crouch so nothing can intercept or pull you off > get ball > and one scamper LoS's any attempt to leap or pull.

That is not something scoundrels are supposed to do, it has nothing to do with nerf scrapper.

And every single one of the things you mentioned are also taken advantage of by sawbones, except sawbones actually have more us for cover since healing doesn't require them to constantly chase targets.

I've played your dark charge spec since 2.0 on PTS. It's not bad, but not better than full tank and way to dependent on the easily shut down maul.

Have you seen a good player using this spec? It's a frightening thing to witness 1 man destroy 6 people 1 by 1 in civil war.

A good player can kill you within 6-10 seconds by using dark maul. Plus, I don't think that you're using this spec correctly. Watch that video and you'll see the rotation he uses

So the damage buffs and 55% extra armor won't make it more useful?

From a purely DPS point of view, no. Force management is still terrible in that spec. Powertechs and Vanguards will still be the hybrid tank of choice in arenas against good teams.

From a purely DPS point of view, no. Force management is still terrible in that spec. Powertechs and Vanguards will still be the hybrid tank of choice in arenas against good teams.

The hybrid tank vanguard/Powertech I think you are talking about is a pretty big heat/ammo hog itself, you know.

Edited by Technohic

why on earth would a scoundrel ever use charged burst?!?! Its the biggest waste of energy second only to VG's explosive round.

Off healing and regenerating are not things that are intended, besides the marauder is the only melee class that doesn't have a on demand way to put you in combat to stop the regen. (taunt is 30m and has a low enough cd for this purpose)

The preventing interceptions in HB is the #1 reason cover needed nerfing. I mean really just stealth to endzone > crouch so nothing can intercept or pull you off > get ball > and one scamper LoS's any attempt to leap or pull.

That is not something scoundrels are supposed to do, it has nothing to do with nerf scrapper.

And every single one of the things you mentioned are also taken advantage of by sawbones, except sawbones actually have more us for cover since healing doesn't require them to constantly chase targets.

Snipe isn't that bad when you're about to die and hoping for a crit. I have had 4-5k crits before and I use it in certain situations.

Then get rid of the ability to telport in spawns and force charge. A good Juggernaut(That's rage would jump and use obliterate anyway and I believe you can be pulled by good players who know how to not be a scrub and wait until you leave cover)

Then get rid of it for Sawbones. Put a talent in the tree(That every sawbones spec must take) and nerf cover for it.

Edited by SithEBM

If you can't kill someone in that spec within 10 seconds, you should quit the game. For those 10 seconds, you can have amazing force management on top of the 30% regen talent that you're able to pick up.

will Sin hybrid see a rise? Totally, but they will be filling the tank role, in nearly full darkness using dps gear.

also I read that thread you linked and LOL. I can't believe you are using a spec that by its own designer is made for "1v1" and also advocates stance dancing, and spamming maul repeatedly. Oh and the guy backpedals. I can't believe that a guy who claims he represents the "best" pvp'ers that swtor ever had, is advocating this.

Also LoL at your entire team being wrecked by one Sin in ACW.

Edited by Zoom_VI

will Sin hybrid see a rise? Totally, but they will be filling the tank role, in nearly full darkness using dps gear.

also I read that thread you linked and LOL. I can't believe you are using a spec that by its own designer is made for "1v1" and also advocates stance dancing, and spamming maul repeatedly. Oh and the guy backpedals. I can't believe that a guy who claims he represents the "best" pvp'ers that swtor ever had, is advocating this.

Well aren't you quite the elitist.

The hybrid tank vanguard/Powertech I think you are talking about is a pretty big heat/ammo hog itself, you know.

Yes, however they bring more to the table than a Dark Maul specd Assassin. Grapple, Hydraulic Override, Kolto Overload etc. Plus they don't have to exit combat and switch stances to do any decent DPS.

If you can't kill someone in that spec within 10 seconds, you should quit the game. For those 10 seconds, you can have amazing force management on top of the 30% regen talent that you're able to pick up.

Well of course you can kill anyone that will just stand there for 10 seconds. Do you go into arenas against "good teams" wailing on someone for 10 seconds straight without them vanishing, using any CDs/Grenades, or being unguarded?

Well aren't you quite the elitist.

Actually no, but regardless maul spam and stance dancing are determental no matter how you do it. I took the elitist stance to take shots at EBM who is perpetually claiming he is part of the best pvp'ers of swtor

Although I don't have to be elitist to question the validity of the spec. Near full darkness in dps gear will be the fotm not whatever this spec is

I claimed imagine what a good player could do with the spec. I posted that video as evidence of a capable 35k damage within 10 seconds.

Also, acting like you're good when you are clueless about scrappers and this spec is just laughable.

Actually no, but regardless maul spam and stance dancing are determental no matter how you do it. I took the elitist stance to take shots at EBM who is perpetually claiming he is part of the best pvp'ers of swtor

Although I don't have to be elitist to question the validity of the spec. Near full darkness in dps gear will be the fotm not whatever this spec is

Try facing a good PvPer with the spec and get back to me on that.

I claimed imagine what a good player could do with the spec. I posted that video as evidence of a capable 35k damage within 10 seconds.

Also, acting like you're good when you are clueless about scrappers and this spec is just laughable.

I'm so clueless I never realized I was supposed to be using charged burst on my scoundrel, kthxbye

35k damage in 10 seconds? Deception does that too on crits, oh and that's assuming the target isn't using any DcD'es and isn't guarded and isn't being healed.

I'm so clueless I never realized I was supposed to be using charged burst on my scoundrel, kthxbye

35k damage in 10 seconds? Deception does that too on crits, oh and that's assuming the target isn't using any DcD'es and isn't guarded and isn't being healed.

I should have included at least. Like I said, you wouldn't understand because you probably don't face good PvPers.