Isotope 5 crafting materials no longer purchasable from basic comm vendor

pchayka

The patch notes state "Removed Isotope-5 as a material requirement for crafting Rating 156 [Artifact] gear." 156 gear is not the only craftable gear that requires Isotope-5. So yes, this was not clearly communicated at all - anywhere. Thanks for playing. Anyway, there's now like 10 threads on this subject.

Where are these other threads? I'd like to know others thoughts on the, honestly, because I'm mystified.

You still need them for the droid parts from CZ-198

This is exactly what I need it for. It is hardly worth doing Golden Fury repeatedly just to get the vials I require to build my HK-51 parts. First I had to get to Champion level on Czerka, then spend 150,000 credits per schematic, then find 1 vial of isotope 5 per schematic (not to mention all of the other rare/expensive crafting materials) and the gear is not much better than the parts I bought using basic comms (168 vs 174). Wish I hadn't wasted the creds on the schematics now.

Yes and no, with 72 armourings available easily and cheaply via elite comms now, the demand will plummet, but things like relics, enhancements will still be wanted.

Yes, that's what I mean. I referred to the armorings because that's the only 31 schematic I have and that I can check for mats requirements.

Where are these other threads? I'd like to know others thoughts on the, honestly, because I'm mystified.

There is one in General Discussion that shows up in a forum search, titled "Where to get Vial of Isotope-5 now?", and another entitled "Isotope-5 no longer buyable." There's a ton more that show up in a Google search. That's what brought me here in the first place--trying to find out whether Isotope-5 still being in so many recipes for milquetoast gear is a bug or an intentional PITA. And I would really like to know why I can't finish building my HK-51 droid's Czerka parts after I've already spent 750k on recipes alone (four of the HK-51 recipes, one of the tank droid recipes); are the Assassin/Tank droid parts really so much rarer and more special than 156 [Artifact] gear that they ought to still require Isotope-5? The stats sure aren't THAT special, especially compared to what any other companion can equip.

bump.

Are Bioware's developers aware that all 72 armorings, mods, enhancements, relics, ect...still require the isotopes as a mat to craft that stuff? If they do, are they planning to make it more available somehow? If not, why? This is absolutely ridiculous, the prices have already skyrocketed to over 300k per Isotope making all the recipes I've spent 10 of millions collecting virtually useless. If they remove it as a requirement to make the stuff, great, that works. If they put it back in the basic vendor, making it available for 60 basic comms, that works too. Even if they make it a more accessible drop in all operations, that works as well. The current setup is totally screwing the economy over and needs to be addressed ASAP.

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

We are aware that all Basic Commendations Vendors have taken Isotope-5 off of their shelves as of Game Update 2.0. This is absolutely a stocking error, and we are working on getting a new shipment out such that they'll be back on sale at the original price very soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will be adding this to the Known Issues.

Thank you!

Hey folks!

We are aware that all Basic Commendations Vendors have taken Isotope-5 off of their shelves as of Game Update 4.0. This is absolutely a stocking error, and we are working on getting a new shipment out such that they'll be back on sale at the original price very soon.

Thank you!

4.0 eh? I knew this game was meant to last :D where's ma space combat!!

Hey folks!

We are aware that all Basic Commendations Vendors have taken Isotope-5 off of their shelves as of Game Update 2.0. This is absolutely a stocking error, and we are working on getting a new shipment out such that they'll be back on sale at the original price very soon.

Thank you!

Drat, Amber I was hoping to sell my 11 Vials for like 400k each. Now I can't do that :(

Hey folks!

Thank you!

Roflmao 1st it was 4.0, now it's 2.0, So we've been to the future, the past, but during the presence of 2.4 the price will slowly sky rocket. Maybe...

Another patch before the weekend? Very doubtful at this point.

I'm having to put my upgrades on hold and just build up comms with dailies.

Going to need a truck load when they show up at the vendors again.

On Harbinger the GTN has them at 160-200k per Isotope-5 (depending on quantity).

Heck if I'm paying that if they are going to be coming back!!!

Edited by Only-a-Lad

How was this not communicated ? They said so in the patch notes loud and clear.

The fact that its annoying for you is another story

they stated that they were removing them from artifact crafting recipes.. NOT that they were removing them from the vendors. otherwise if they had.. people would have complained BEFORE it happened.