No Daily/Weekly Credit for Ranked

ManiacDavis

Hello again,

I've spoken to our developers, and the missions are working as designed for Game Update 2.4, but the notes around the change were incomplete and unclear. Also, the mission tooltips have not yet been properly updated; that change is coming in the first 2.4 PTS patch, which is scheduled for later this week. The Patch Notes have been updated to better reflect the changes that have been made to PvP Missions with the introduction of Arena Warzones:

• Ranked Warzones no longer count toward progression of Daily and Weekly PvP Missions.
  • PvP missions have been updated such that they no longer require Warzone wins, and missions advance by two points for a win in an Unranked Warzone. New requirements are as follows:
    • Under level 55 Daily PvP missions: 2 completed Unranked Warzones
    • Under level 55 Weekly PvP missions: 5 completed Unranked Warzones
    • Level 55 Daily PvP missions: 4 completed Unranked Warzones
    • Level 55 Weekly PvP missions: 15 completed Unranked Warzones

Yep! My apologies for any additional confusion created by my original post here; it was incorrect.

Seriously? Why would you take away the already dwindling incentives to do ranked??? Currently on the PTS, ranked warzones give you REGULAR COMMS (hopefully a bug but who knows), and you get no credit towards the DAILY. Bioware should be increasing the rewards for ranked not slashing every incentive to do them!!!

Give us more not less. More dailies! More weeklies! More credits! So that we can be on par with the PvE community.

First you took 8v8 ranked warzones. Now you take our dailies! Enough is enough. Stop taking stuff away from the PvP community!!!

Edited by ManiacDavis

Seriously? Why would you take away the already dwindling incentives to do ranked??? Currently on the PTS, ranked warzones give you REGULAR COMMS (hopefully a bug but who knows), and you get no credit towards the DAILY. Bioware should be increasing the rewards for ranked not slashing every incentive to do them!!!

Give us more not less. More dailies! More weeklies! More credits! So that we can be on par with the PvE community.

First you took 8v8 ranked warzones. Now you take our dailies! Enough is enough. Stop taking stuff away from the PvP community!!!

Rofl, word. Has got to be a joke.

And seriously, if ranked arena's aren't going to reward ranked comms that is one hell of a joke lmao

Damn, never thought I would come to the point where I am actually thinking about quitting...

Can someone send a message, mail or something to one of the community managers? Or something? Because, as previously said, that would TRULY be the death of ranked warzones...

Just too much of a pain anymore. I'm not that into 4 mans, but the 8 mans are getting stale. OK; so I can get some ranked an be entertained by 4 man as it is intriguing to see how the ranking and matchmaking will work for a while. Maybe some new 8 mans will come by the time I get bored with that (LMAO). No! Wait|! They will force me to do regs to complete the dailies and weeklies so I will get thrown into reg 4 man arenas that are missing the intrigue of matchmaking, or the 8 mans that have been played out.

Seriously. I have had almost no incentive to do anything in the game and this is not helping.

They seriously are just driving me to want to just roll alts and derp around.

Edited by Technohic

inb4 "slap in the face" comment

This changes nothing, since nobody was doing RWZs to get their daily/weekly done, I promise you. Now, you don't even have to win to get the weekly. If you were only PvPing to get dailies done/get welfare epics, the group finder button is on the other side of your minimap. :p

Only one daily mission now? I hope it combines the rewards of the two existing ones. Already hard enough to buy what you need in the game if you only PvP.

Rewards/per time spent in warzones should equate to the time and rewards from doing PvE dailies.

Edited by Gren-Aluren

Shocking, this has to be another one of their stupid oversights. I am also getting normal WZ coms for ranked WZ's on PTS.

3 simple steps Bioware:

1. Keep 8 v 8 Ranked WZ's

2. Have all WZ's count towards daily / weekly

3. Award ranked WZ coms for doing ranked WZ's

Please start using simple logic!

inb4 "slap in the face" comment

This changes nothing, since nobody was doing RWZs to get their daily/weekly done, I promise you. Now, you don't even have to win to get the weekly. If you were only PvPing to get dailies done/get welfare epics, the group finder button is on the other side of your minimap. :p

Except it does...it removes incentive from doing Ranked, so it DOES change something.

I think it is okay that arena does not count for the daily/weekly. What I think is an issue is that then there is no incentive to give the best in every match, sience you will get the same regardless how well your team did, so expect plenty of people not really helping to win any match, but just do enough to get their games done, or worse, hope by doing nothing the games will be faster because the opposing team can get the points needed faster.

Except it does...it removes incentive from doing Ranked, so it DOES change something.

Exactly, it takes away any incentive from solo ranked. If I'm online without anyone to group up with for 4 man ranked, I have a decision, que for normal's and complete the daily/weekly or que ranked. If solo ranked gives normal comms, why would I que for it, at least until I finish the daily/weekly?

And to the poster saying real pvpers don't care about rewards, actually for the first several weeks people will be grinding the new gear or the newly cheaper old gear (conqueror). Very few are going to decide to slow down that grind on purpose.

The goal should be to get a ton of people quickly into the solo ranked que at the launch of 2.4 so that the matchmaking system can actually work instead of what happened with 8x8 ranked. Limiting the rewards from ranked games does the opposite and makes zero sense imo.

When will the madness end?

When they have carried out their own Order 66 on the pvp community. Since the impression I get is that they would rather not have a pvp community in this game. As much as I hated the slideshow give me Restuss back and deep space as well.

Well I think their reasoning is this. Solo and 4 man ranked arenas removed the incentive for dedicated pvpers to do normals being that you can get faster pops and 3x the comms, and that a lot of people don't want their 4 mans and 8 mans mixed. Therefore there needed to be an incentive for ppl to do normals, or the queues would die, and the casual queuers would have to wait a long time to get a pop.

So they are trying to force people into the normal queue rather than design a system to make both sides attractive.

Typical Bioware. Hype up a new feature -> introduce said feature with large flaws -> Implement a "fix" which either makes things worse or completely removes a previously hyped up feature rather than addressing the problem directly -> lose subscribers -> Hype up a new feature

The fact that regs are the only place for 8 man should be enough of a draw. Just for huttball alone for many people. And they are going to have a new Huttball map, right?

So all they wind up incentivizing is people just going through their regs not caring about wins because they just have to make it through the match for their daily AND WEEKLY, and their rating won't take a hit; and people to quit until they get the map and match type they want.

Brilliant.

Edited by Technohic

Wow. Missed that in the patch notes. That's really weird.

No sir, I don't like it.

Ranked Arenas should either contribute toward completing the Daily/Weekly, or there should be a Daily and Weekly specifically for the Ranked Arenas in addition to the normal Daily Weekly. And Ranked Arenas BETTER give Ranked Comms or there will be NO POINT in playing them.

Ideally, they leave us 8v8 Ranked, too, open up queueing so any party of any size, from 1-8, can queue into Ranked, then give us 2 dailies and 2 weeklies, one for Regular and one for Ranked.

BW make a statement about the shameful logic behind this. Do I need to be a master politician to understand anything you do?

Most people equate win with win... are you worried that your que system needs this to be effective? Let us know how you think this move will net a positive gain for your game/wallets... Love to hear from you!