Necro Ganking - a serious problem

SebastiaanZ

I will not name the guild, as it is against the rules, but there is a guild on the Tomb of Freedon Nadd server that just necro ganks people. The moment you revive, they attack you again and again. This is a serious problem and really frustrating. I mean I am in for a fight, but attacking you while recovering health is just not cool. This should be made impossible!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not name the guild, as it is against the rules, but there is a guild on the Tomb of Freedon Nadd server that just necro ganks people. The moment you revive, they attack you again and again. This is a serious problem and really frustrating. I mean I am in for a fight, but attacking you while recovering health is just not cool. This should be made impossible!

This is called corpse camping, it is a fully supported mode of PvP that happens in every MMO. If Tomb of Freedon Nadd is a PvP server, then you have no recourse. Reroll or paid transfer off of that server onto a safer, PvE or RP server.

Thank you.

This is called corpse camping, it is a fully supported mode of PvP that happens in every MMO. If Tomb of Freedon Nadd is a PvP server, then you have no recourse. Reroll or paid transfer off of that server onto a safer, PvE or RP server.

Thank you.

Sorry, I have played on a PvP-server in other MMOs and such behaviour got nothing to do with PvP in my opinion, nor does it need to be possible. Slaughtering a totally defenseless target is like clubbing baby seals... Which noone in their right mind would call "hunting".

Just cause every MMO attracts the very scum of mankind to abuse and stretch the rules to their absolute maximum, is no reason, that such a game mechanic does need to stay possible.

A reasonable time of immunity to allow the already defeated player to at least run away in shame would be the probably best solution.

Thank you.

I don't care what it's called - it's not cool. Just because something is socially acceptable within certain circles doesn't make it right. It's no better than hitting a 3+ levels down player simply because they're on the opposite faction.

Thank you.

So I assume you do the same thing? Tell me what characters you have and I will ignore them. I assume you wouldn't rage against them either when they do it against you?

Corpse camping is a serious bastard thing to do and should be done something against.

If there is a pvp solution to the issue, it isn't against the rules. There is a pvp solution here(getting other people to come help you). This is what you get for playing on a PvP server, sadly.

Sorry, I have played on a PvP-server in other MMOs and such behaviour got nothing to do with PvP in my opinion, nor does it need to be possible. Slaughtering a totally defenseless target is like clubbing baby seals... Which noone in their right mind would call "hunting".

Just cause every MMO attracts the very scum of mankind to abuse and stretch the rules to their absolute maximum, is no reason, that such a game mechanic does need to stay possible.

A reasonable time of immunity to allow the already defeated player to at least run away in shame would be the probably best solution.

I don't run away in shame, but yeah immunity while recovering health would be a good idea.

By the same logic, people should be unable to attack while someone has already engaged mobs. If you want to play in an environment where people only engage each other under mutually agreed upon fair circumstances, try a PVE server, where people seeking open world pvp flag themselves.

Also, if you're just trying to run away, the return to medcenter button is already available.

That's a saying, not factual information. I actually disagree with it.

...It wasn't presented as fact, so I'm not sure why you would indicate that. And you have every right to disagree with it. But that doesn't make my opinion that the very nature of PVP is ruthless and dishonorable action any less valid.

The PVP community tends to be, in general, dishonorable in their actions and will usually do anything and everything to dishonor themselves. There is rarely any honor in MMO PVP.

That said, there is no reason that I can see that adding a way to protect folks that spawn is a bad thing. In fact it would probably be a good thing.

The only EFFECTIVE way to reduce dishonorable behavior, however, is to have true rankings that are effected by DKs. THEN you would see a reduction in this type of behavior.

Create an environment where aggressive people can act out on those aggressions without consequence, even in death, and you have bred an environment that encourages dishonorable behavior.

So, All's fair in love and war exists by design. As long as rewards exist even for loss, and no damage to gear there is no reason anyone would be encouraged to display honor.

If there is a pvp solution to the issue, it isn't against the rules. There is a pvp solution here(getting other people to come help you). This is what you get for playing on a PvP server, sadly.

Quoted For Truth.

Anyone who does not cope well with corpse camping in MMOs has no business playing on a PvP server. There are a number of ways to address this within the PvP rule set.... use them.

Now, OP, if you are solo and are being ganked... get friends. Good friends are the best corpse camping repellent in an MMO. Heck.. usually all you have to do is let other guilds on the server know it's happening and they would be happy to come out and give the offenders a good and proper spanking until they run home to mommy.

People need to understand that corpse camping is a classic tactic to attract other PvPers to PvP. It's bait.

Thank you.

I bet you do that all the time to lower levels lol

"its a pvp server so expect pvp" yeah heard that excuse since forever...

"dont like it? dont play it!"

...It wasn't presented as fact, so I'm not sure why you would indicate that. And you have every right to disagree with it. But that doesn't make my opinion that the very nature of PVP is ruthless and dishonorable action any less valid.

The PVP community tends to be, in general, dishonorable in their actions and will usually do anything and everything to dishonor themselves. There is rarely any honor in MMO PVP.

That said, there is no reason that I can see that adding a way to protect folks that spawn is a bad thing. In fact it would probably be a good thing.

The only EFFECTIVE way to reduce dishonorable behavior, however, is to have true rankings that are effected by DKs. THEN you would see a reduction in this type of behavior.

Create an environment where aggressive people can act out on those aggressions without consequence, even in death, and you have bred an environment that encourages dishonorable behavior.

So, All's fair in love and war exists by design. As long as rewards exist even for loss, and no damage to gear there is no reason anyone would be encouraged to display honor.

The question of scalarity being implemented comes to mind. It might need to go before the panel for review before any adjustments could be suggested.

The problem is also compounded by the fact BW refuse to fix "Loop holes" that allow players to do this.

Imperial players should not be able to get into the republic base in Section X. However they do and as that is where the respawn point is it's just continuous killing as people try to get back into the game.

All respawn points should be in an area where people cannot be attacked - simple.

It's also damn frustrating that we aren't allowed to name names. There are two imperial PvP guilds on the server I play who keep on harping on about how great they are at PvP etc.

Yet I watched them res-kill in Section X for a good half an hour the last time they loopholed into the republic base - very pathetic actions from an apparently honourable etc guild.

actually this can be done on pve servers as well. on pvp server it's no brainier you get to pvp.

on pve server just make sure you are not flagged for pvp, if you do you can go to the fleet and wait 5 mins.

The problem is also compounded by the fact BW refuse to fix "Loop holes" that allow players to do this.

Imperial players should not be able to get into the republic base in Section X. However they do and as that is where the respawn point is it's just continuous killing as people try to get back into the game.

All respawn points should be in an area where people cannot be attacked - simple.

It's also damn frustrating that we aren't allowed to name names. There are two imperial PvP guilds on the server I play who keep on harping on about how great they are at PvP etc.

Yet I watched them res-kill in Section X for a good half an hour the last time they loopholed into the republic base - very pathetic actions from an apparently honourable etc guild.

By loophole do you mean exploit? Even on a PvP server, people being somewhere they shouldn't through the use of an unintended mechanic is reportable.

I don't care what it's called - it's not cool. Just because something is socially acceptable within certain circles doesn't make it right. It's no better than hitting a 3+ levels down player simply because they're on the opposite faction.

I agree; it's not cool. But it's generally accepted as a fact of virtual life on a PvP server.

Some people like the excitement of that ever-present threat of PvP death, but I play games more to relax than anything else. This is why I play on PvE servers, so I don't need the permission of other players to go about my business.

You can disagree with me all you want, but the paradigm remains, "If it's red, it's dead." If that's a problem for you, the PvE servers are -------> way

^Yup

These threads make me crazy. On top of the silliness involving not liking it when people PvP on a PvP server, the game now actually includes achievements for OPvP on many planets. Do you really think people are going to all be honorable and only fight people within five levels of them and only when they're questing on that planet?

I'm having a thought. It might be more fun for you to get revenge and do this back to other players then it would be to come whine about it on the forums. Great spontaneous OPvP battles don't get started by white knights who hold doors and let each other go about their business. They are started by maniacal buttfaces (like myself) trying to have a good time by ruining someone else's. My favorite memories from the last year and a half of playing this game all revolve around defending or attacking outposts Thorazan or Zaroshe and the players in and around them.

Fight and kill each other!

Finding you way into what is supposed to be safe zones (even on PvP servers) like med centers. yeah. That's not good.

Camping near a corpse and then killing them as soon as they respawn. Part of PvP. Not a matter if you think it's honorable or not. It's what comes when you choose open world PvP. Where the only safe place is the off limit areas (like med centers are supposed to be).

If this happens and for some reason you can't respawn somewhere safe...

1) Go on General Chat and ask for assistance.

2) Ask guild for an assist.

3) Lie there and wait till they get bored and leave.

4) Log off for a bit.

PvP servers, unfortunately, serve a lower class of human.

What an unfair thing to say. Competitiveness and aggression are "lower class?" It's a game for God sake. Nobody is talking about cheating or exploiting here. We're talking about behavior strictly within the rules of the environment created, and condoned and encouraged by the devs (see my post above about OPvP achievements).

Please just go to a PvE server if you don't like things on PvP servers. There are transfers now. Nobody is making you stay.