Necro Ganking - a serious problem

SebastiaanZ

Reason# 4,281 of why I stopped playing on PvP servers more than 5 years ago. :D The kids get bored with CoD, and log into their MMO to PvP. And by kids, I mean immatures of all ages. PvP ganking is a way of life and PvP happens on PvP servers. People are warned when they make a character, but they do it anyway. They need to hang a sign behind your character in the creation screen that says:

"YOU ARE CREATING A CHARACTER ON A PVP SERVER. YOU WILL GET GANKED REPEATEDLY UNTIL YOU ARE AT LEVEL CAP, AND THEN YOU WILL LIKELY GET GANKED SOME MORE BY SOMEONE WHO LIVES FOR WARZONES AND WORLD PVP. ARE YOU SURE YOU WISH TO PROCEED WITH CREATION AS YOU WILL LIKELY HATE YOUR LIFE UNTIL YOU HIT LEVEL CAP? BE WARNED: PVP HAPPENS AND WE WILL NOT INTERVENE NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WHINE LATER. HAVE A NICE DAY."

I think that would make people stop and think about what they are doing. And then folks could take a screen shot of the window and use it anytime someone QQs about PvP happening on a PvP server.

haha yeah i never understood why pve folks insist on rolling on pvp servers... maybe they just want something to complain about :p

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my how low pvpers have lowered themselves over the years. what used to be rare and frowned upon is now totally acceptable by so many. it is all ok as such shenanigans will only cull the pvp servers population. in time it will just go away as no one is left to play. new players whom most are unguilded and have no friends will just leave the server. yep please continue on.

I guess your argument that pvp takes so much more skill than pve is true. those greyed out players are challenging content for so many of you.

what is really sad is that these people are not twelve year olds but rather adults.

I completely agree. Moronic.

OP...how the hell were they continuously clone camping you? You can rez in stealth and walk away, you can switch instances, switch toons...you have some options. Where did this happen exactly?

Even if you're in stealth rez, you're not immune to AoE attacks. The ganker will simply stand there with an AoE attack ready, wait for your body to disappear, and then use the AoE attack, thus bringing you out of stealth, and killing you.

Sometimes while we're waiting for people to arrive for an Toborro's Courtyard, we'll stand outside the entrance and gank imps as they try to enter. Since the portals don't work like WoW, they can't get it if they're in combat. So we just keep killing them, passing the time. The fun happens when their entire guild comes out, and it turns into a PvP fest.

Edited by gorstram

Even if you're in stealth rez, you're not immune to AoE attacks. The ganker will simply stand there with an AoE attack ready, wait for your body to disappear, and then use the AoE attack, thus bringing you out of stealth, and killing you.

Just gotta wait it out or die where it's not very convenient for them to do that. You can usually manage to get a health pack and stim going before dying again...just make your way out of the area and wait out your rez timer.

haha yeah i never understood why pve folks insist on rolling on pvp servers... maybe they just want something to complain about :p

From my experience, having to watch over your shoulder all of the time makes you more aware of your surroundings. And what better place to be more aware of your surroundings than in an operation? In prior MMO's I could tell the difference between someone who leveled on a PvP server versus a PvE server. The latter would die to simple things like standing in fire, not running out of a cone of something, missing a DPS switch, etc. If you're in a PvP environment, you're used to doing things like avoiding the ranged AoE, switching from one target over to a healer, switching over to stop the opposition from taking a point on the battlefield, etc. This creates a more organic switch to PvE.

Even if people avoided doing arenas, warzones, or other battleground pvp endeavors, that built in paranoia from leveling on a PvP server gives an edge in PvE.

From my experience, having to watch over your shoulder all of the time makes you more aware of your surroundings. And what better place to be more aware of your surroundings than in an operation? In prior MMO's I could tell the difference between someone who leveled on a PvP server versus a PvE server. The latter would die to simple things like standing in fire, not running out of a cone of something, missing a DPS switch, etc. If you're in a PvP environment, you're used to doing things like avoiding the ranged AoE, switching from one target over to a healer, switching over to stop the opposition from taking a point on the battlefield, etc. This creates a more organic switch to PvE.

Even if people avoided doing arenas, warzones, or other battleground pvp endeavors, that built in paranoia from leveling on a PvP server gives an edge in PvE.

i suppose that's true but then they probably should'nt act so surprised when they actually get ganked.. there's plenty of ways to avoid it even on pvp servers anyways.

I grow up playing Ultima Online (started 1998). They who knows how things was back then realise that this is nothing, but also world pvp is nothing now says. I agre whit others here that if you wana be on a pvp server be redy to die and call for backup. The way thing are now days you lose nothing when you die so just suck it up and call in frends or wait them out. I my self wana see more of this becous it will make world pvp going. it always been like this and will always be.

Corpse camping is not against ToS on a PVP server, its allowed and part of the risk you took rolling on a PVP server, either suck it up, get help when your being camped , or transfer/re-roll on another server, simple as that.

I do get ganked and stuff , it happens in PVP server - in every single MMO. When I decided to play , SWTOR - I decided to roll on a PVE server - I just want to focus on PVE . If I have the mood to go around and kill people , I can flag myself and be prepared

Anyhow my suggestion is that if someone is doing this , either get guildies or get folks and start a PVP war , otherwise just log out - do something else , come back in and continue

It always cracks me up when people with a carebear mindset roll on a PvP server, and then cry on how unfair it is to be attacked when they aren't ready.

Then they cry about all the "serious problems" and demand the ruleset be made more PvE-like.

Such special snowflakes.

Edited by crunchybacon